US musician in Thailand says ladyboy is threatening him and extorting money

webfact

US musician in Thailand says ladyboy is threatening him and extorting money

usa.jpg
Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK:-- A famous American musician who has lived in Thailand for more than 40 years told police a ladyboy is trying to extort money from him and threatening his family.

Bruce Gaston, 69, is well known as the founder of the "Fong Nam" or sponge band that combines western melodies with Thai classical music, reports Manager Online.

Mr Gaston complained to Klong Tan police yesterday that a person he knows only as 'Golf' has sent threatening messages many times. An attempt to pay him off failed as the threats worsened.

He produced a phone containing the threats and evidence of a bank transfer in an effort to track down the extortionist.

He told investigating officers that around ten years ago he had met the ladyboy called Golf in a bar. He said the ladyboy was about 30 but did not know his real name or surname. They had not been close friends and there was no further contact.

However, in November last year Golf started started phoning up regularly. Then on April 19th he started sending text messages and asked for 10,000 baht to help with setting up a 'new life'. The money was transferred to a Thai Farmers bank account.

But a few days after that a further request for 15,000 baht was sent and not believing this to be the last request as the called intimated Mr Gaston refused to pay the demand.

Golf then got mad and began sending threatening messages saying that he would ruin the musician's reputation if the money was not forthcoming. Threats were also made to his family and especially to his daughter, Mr Gaston said.

On the 29th the extortion demands had risen to 30,000 and he decided to contact police who now plan to contact the bank to see if the man making the threats and the holder of the account are one and the same.

They will then decide how to proceed with the case.

Bruce Gaston came to Thailand around the end of the 1960s having served in the US Army. Known as Ajarn Bruce to many Thais he has lived a colourful life even producing advertising jingles for Thai TV. The recipient of an award for contributions to Thai culture in 2009 Ajarn Bruce was also in the news after an attack by Thai thieves near the BTS in Phrakanong, Bangkok left him needing many stitches in a head wound and dental work.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-02

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ajarn Bruce is the Maestro of "Tawandeng Brewry", he normally plays piano and he is very talented and nice guy, plays good music and he has great shows with mixed of Lady boys and Gays!

Now comes the background info, too old to handle lady boys now a days? I hope he will get rid of the garbage's and live a good life.

Cheers Bruce...!

I don't know, some strange story

half truths

met 10 years ago , not seen ,but rings up asking for 10k

i give the 10k now wants 15 k , now wants 30 k

old golf has a compromising position photo or what?

"Golf then got mad and began sending threatening messages saying that he would ruin the musician's reputation if the money was not forthcoming."

Well, now every knows the truth!

It was said that when you lay with dogs, you wake up with a nasty ladyboys.... and what goes around,

comes around, a moment of indiscretion can turn one's life to be very uncomfortable,

this maggot LB should be dealt with firmly and divisively, the only language those abomination

of the human race will understand....

My heart almost stopped when I started reading this thinking they finally found ELVIS when I heard a famous American musician had been living in Thailand for 40 years.

"golf" the Ladyboy is elvis? clap2.gif

i'm all shook up blink.png

A famous American musician facepalm.gif

So nearly right. Just needs some punctuation and an extra word or two to remove the rather clever innuendo.

"A locally famous, American/Thai musician" or an American/Thai musician musician, famous in Thailand,

Not actually "Black & White wrong," but...........

Who said Thai journos couldn't use English? That seemed real smart to me.......

I agree, been there many times and enjoyed the shows as well as the food !!

Ajarn Bruce is the Maestro of "Tawandeng Brewry", he normally plays piano and he is very talented and nice guy, plays good music and he has great shows with mixed of Lady boys and Gays!

Now comes the background info, too old to handle lady boys now a days? I hope he will get rid of the garbage's and live a good life.

Cheers Bruce...!

A famous American musician facepalm.gif

So nearly right. Just needs some punctuation and an extra word or two to remove the rather clever innuendo.

"A locally famous, American/Thai musician" or an American/Thai musician musician, famous in Thailand,

Not actually "Black & White wrong," but...........

Who said Thai journos couldn't use English? That seemed real smart to me.......

Did you bother to read the source of the story? Don't worry, you weren't the only one..................wink.png

Written in Thai for local reading, not mainline international release.

Famous in his surroundings.......................wink.png

Here is a guy who knows his way around Thailand yet he gets a bad beating and black mailed. Let it be a warning to casual tourists who have no idea what they are getiing into when this visit the land of smiles.

A bad beating?

Here is a guy who knows his way around Thailand yet he gets a bad beating and black mailed. Let it be a warning to casual tourists who have no idea what they are getiing into when this visit the land of smiles.

A bad beating?

''Ajarn Bruce was also in the news after an attack by Thai thieves near the BTS in Phrakanong, Bangkok left him needing many stitches in a head wound and dental work.''

A bad beating?

''Ajarn Bruce was also in the news after an attack by Thai thieves near the BTS in Phrakanong, Bangkok left him needing many stitches in a head wound and dental work.''

Apologies - missed that bit!

It was said that when you lay with dogs, you wake up with a nasty ladyboys.... and what goes around,

comes around, a moment of indiscretion can turn one's life to be very uncomfortable,

this maggot LB should be dealt with firmly and divisively, the only language those abomination

of the human race will understand....

Don't beat around the bush. Say what you really think about ladyboys. How about gays?

Sorry, but that is totally incorrect.

Bruce after 40 years of living here simply is as clueless as the day he arrived, he is a fool!

I'd love to see one single casual tourist hand over 10K to a Ladyboy they met once in a bar, or one casual tourist that would even bother replying to the said ladyboy.

Sorry but Bruce is - "Stupid is as stupid does"

My heart almost stopped when I started reading this thinking they finally found ELVIS when I heard a famous American musician had been living in Thailand for 40 years.

Elvis is still alive and living in Thailand. Seen everyday in Naklua Soi 27.