Lamphun Man Wins First Prize in May 1st Lottery

webfact

Lamphun Man Wins First Prize in May 1st Lottery
by CityNews

lottery-win.jpg

CityNews – A man in Lamphun has won the top lottery prize in the May 1st draw.

30-year-old Tongsawan Samprom, who works in a building tools and equipment factory in Lamphun, won the top lottery prize, matching all six numbers and the ticket number.

The winning numbers 399459 were drawn on May 1, 2016.

Tongsawan also won on another lottery ticket with another number that was also drawn.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/lamphun-man-wins-first-prize-may-1st-lottery/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-05-03

Well done to him. Though I have no idea how much he won, one hopes it is enough for him to get out of the factory and secure a future for himself and his family, though I understood those 'jackpots' were reserved for pals of Yingluck?

I enjoyed your post initially until you veered so far of topic that it rendered the whole post worthless.

Shame.

The winnings on a Thai lottery are relatively small. In the Uk for a lower priced ticket the top pize could be over 500 million Baht or more. The Thai lottery is just one big scam with the government and private enterprise taking the lions share of the profits. The breadcrumbs that are left are given as prizes

Well done to him. Though I have no idea how much he won, one hopes it is enough for him to get out of the factory and secure a future for himself and his family, though I understood those 'jackpots' were reserved for pals of Yingluck?

She havent been in power for 2 years, so what does she have to do with the lottery ? The only link there was between her and the lottery was that the number of one of her official vehicles was a winning number. But as the Thai vehicle numbers are short it was not even the jackpot winning number (6 numbers).

The square faced one invented the three number lottery and if my memory serves me correctly there was never really any auditing as to where the proceeds went.

Edited by Chicog

"matching all six numbers and the ticket number."

I understand matching 6 numbers, what is matching the ticket number?

The Thai lottery is difficult to understand and almost as difficult to explain, I'm guessing.

Lamphun man suddenly discovers loads of friends and relatives he never knew he had.

He would be wise to invest the money.

I still have some shares available in the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If he buys this week, I'll even throw in a Hundred Litres of SNAKE OIL.

The Thai lottery is a complicated way of relieving fools of their money. It is a system so shrouded in secrecy that only a privileged few know what % of the takings are given back as prize money. Thailand is an Ad-man's Utopia stuffed full of desperate people whose only ambition is to stop work.

He is keeping his job ,for now at least .>>He told reporters that he will pay his debts off and build his house with the money, but insisted he would still work at the factory.<<

Lamphun man suddenly discovers loads of friends and relatives he never knew he had.

He would be wise to invest the money.

I still have some shares available in the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If he buys this week, I'll even throw in a Hundred Litres of SNAKE OIL.

Are you Mac Walen or Drew Noyes?

Can someone explain how the groupings alter the amount you win? What is groupings ?

I thought if you had all the correct numbers, you win 2m for half ticket, or 4m for both halves =1 ticket

The more tickets with the same number that a winner hold the higher the winnings. Main prize is 3 million, if 10 tickets are held with the winning number the prize is 30 million.

The Thai lottery is just one big scam with the government and private enterprise taking the lions share of the profits. The breadcrumbs that are left are given as prizes

Rubbish. The Thai lottery is no more of a scam than the lottery in, for example, the UK or the US or any other country. Government run lotteries (any lottery, in fact) are designed to raise money by offering prizes to a few.

It looks as though the winner in this OP won more than 6 million baht's worth of 'breadcrumbs'

I understood those 'jackpots' were reserved for pals of Yingluck?

Why would you post something as bizarre as that when lottery winners are regularly featured in the media, including this place?

Were you around in the Yingluck years?

A rather odd number of 'winners' all live within a few streets of Yingluck and/or have some political or employment 'connection'' to the clan.

The square faced one invented the three number lottery and if my memory serves me correctly there was never really any auditing as to where the proceeds went.

There is no "3 number" official lottery (although there are prizes for the last three number ticket numbers matching the drawn numbers). If you're referring to the underground lottery, that certainly wasn't invented by the one you suggest.

The Thai lottery is a complicated way of relieving fools of their money. It is a system so shrouded in secrecy that only a privileged few know what % of the takings are given back as prize money. Thailand is an Ad-man's Utopia stuffed full of desperate people whose only ambition is to stop work.

The Thai lottery is a way of, amongst other things, raising revenue for the government and providing jobs for a certain part of society.

Those who choose to enter the Thai lottery are no more "foolish" than those entering any other lottery elsewhere. I'm sure this weeks winner doesn't feel like a fool.

The system is no more "shrouded in mystery" than any other government operation. Check the GLO Act B.E. 2517 if you really want to know the GLO's responsibilities, it's online for all to see.

Your last sentence deserves nothing but derision.

I understood those 'jackpots' were reserved for pals of Yingluck?

Why would you post something as bizarre as that when lottery winners are regularly featured in the media, including this place?

Were you around in the Yingluck years?

A rather odd number of 'winners' all live within a few streets of Yingluck and/or have some political or employment 'connection'' to the clan.

Yes, I've been here since '94.

"A rather odd number of 'winners' all live within a few streets of Yingluck and/or have some political or employment 'connection'' to the clan."

Why would you post something as bizarre as that again when lottery winners are regularly featured in the media, including this place? As the winner's addresses are not published how do you know where they live? Neither are the political affiliations of winners published, care to name just one who would fall into your category.

What are those "rather odd numbers of winners" that you have information about? Let's see some figures.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer