Why there is so much stereotype around Thai girls?

I have a Thai girlfriend whom I found through my another mutual friend. She works a normal job in a marketing company from 9 to 5. It was pure luck on how we both met each other and its the best thing that has ever happened

Now, in my home country when they come to know I have a Thai girlfriend, by default they think i am hooking up with some Bar girl or some prostitute. Why there is so much bad name about Thai girls even if there is only a small percentage of bad girls who do the bad stuff to farangs.

I do think they are the best quality girls you can find around the world. I personally would find it difficult find a girl who is that loyal, good looking and caring

Thoughts?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a small percentage, it's 95% of all Thai girls foreigners are able to meet.

Among the foreigners I know with Thai girls, 100%, despite 75% claiming they aren't.

Good luck with the 'loyal and caring'

Not sure about them being 'the best quality' but they are certainly easy and cheap.

Edited by BritManToo

As far i know, most of the people who come to thailand do end up with a Bar girl as its not easy for them to meet up with a normal Thai girl unless they know how to pick up (Which Thai girls arent that used to) or if they work in some office. Now when their relationship doesnt work, they just label all Thai girls the same. Thats too bad

I think it is more a judgement of the men who come to Thailand than the women. Most people in home countries feel the men who come here come only for the meat market.They judge the men as only interested in prostitutes. I feel its a way to easily put someone down with consensus. The labelling is done i feel by men who know nothing about any where but their home town or women who cannot compete,or they are lazy or poorly skilled in relationships.. So attack with broad statements like " All men who come to Thailand marry prostitutes"

My experience with "nice caring girls" is worse than the pay for play. At least with PfP they're is little to no drama... My nice girls have cheated and lied. The bar girls ..freelancers etc..are a better option. Have you met her family yet? Good look with that.

Why there is so much stereotype around Thai girls?

Three guesses.

As mentioned, even 'normal' girls like to mix it up and do the p4p thing for cash on the side... students in particular are rife for it. No biggie, it's just different ballgame.

The majority of foreigners who come to Thailand never get to know any Thai women who do not associate with foreign men to earn their living.

As a result, they refuse to believe they could do better.....

and they never do.

The majority of Thai women are not the ones that work foreigners in the westernized tourist locations of Thailand.

But if you only know the westernized tourist areas, they are probably all you will meet.

When the tourist go home........they don't talk about the good women they know nothing about.and the good women are not a good topic for the TV shows.

Shows about the pitiful sextourists and evil bargirls get the good ratings.

I have proof.

Many years of a marriage to a good, university educated, hard working Thai woman who is a great wife and mother and.who has never stepped into a bar in her life.

But tourist and TV shows never talk about women like her.

I've found a majority of the women that are willing to date foreigners fit the stereotype to at least some degree. Others seems totally out of their environment, like they're trying too hard to fit in with westerners, and end up coming off as fake or shady. Oddly enough, I find the questionable women easier to relate to (although I'd never commit to one). They're not bound by oppressive Thai traditions and are far more likely to speak their mind than your average 'good girl'. But finding a decent Thai girl that you can genuinely connect with is difficult. And I don't think any of em are as loyal as you think they are.

Why there is so much bad name about Thai girls even if there is only a small percentage of bad girls who do the bad stuff to farangs.

Their reputation preceedes them, have seen it all from America, to the Uk to Australia, you cant really blame the girls, its the farangs that picked them.

Usual story, 2 week millionaires, never meet normal riap roy girls.

Small %age, you are talking out yer ass, are you yet another click baiter?

Well lets face facts even your own comments about your own GF are demeaning..."best quality girls" make you sound like you were shopping for a hooker anyway...

Him luckee, him have hottee from Soi Cowboy.

Him boom boom evelee night for free, she lub falang kwai mak mak.

Why is there so much stereotyping about Thai women?

One word: Ignorance.

Bear in mind the most - people who have no personal experience of Thailand - and even several who do, know about Thai women is that 'many' work in bars as prostitutes which cater exclusively to Western males.

The conclusions they draw are often formed by lazy, sensationalist reporting in the Western media, especially the glut of poor quality documentaries which emerged in the 1980s (especially in the UK) which blurred the lines between the 'Thai scene' and the evils involved therein (Trafficked women, paedophilia, forced prostitution etc) with the 'scene' aimed at tourists which gave fodder to further sensationalist reportage which in turn has led to these unshakeable 'stereotypes'.

You need to understand that the bulk of western guys who land in Thailand don't appeal to nice girls in their own country so why would a decent Thai girl want them? These girls have standards like any other decent girl. I have quite a few colleagues like myself who met our wives in the office environment ( I'm an international business lawyer). Unfortunately the vast majority of guys only see Thai women through the small prism of prostitutes. If you only spent time in your own country with prostitutes you'd certainly have a skewed view of the women in your country. Those of us who actually have good marriages with good Thai women (10 great years now) simply don't flood the Internet about it like the ones who involve themselves with hookers then wonder why it all went bad and need to vent about their own stupidity. It is entertaining though!

Bar girls are "bad"?

When Thai girls are good, they`re good, and when Thai girls are bad, they`re even better.

Let me explain in layman`s terms. Usually when Farlangs hook up with Thai women that are much younger than themselves, then everybody knows that it`s a mutual benefit relationship. The Farlang is in it for the pleasures of the flesh and the woman for his money. This is when tongues start wagging and the woman gains a reputation of being a person of low esteem. When the couple are near or of similar age then the partnership is seen as more normal and acceptable. So if the Farlang is say, in his 50s or 60s and his Thai girlfriend or wife is of similar age, no one is going to suggest she is a bargirl or ex-bargirl. Even if a Farlang was to a have a female Farlang partner of much younger age, people would still say she is a gold digger and a woman of bad reputation, so it all amounts to the same thing, being Thai makes no difference.

It isn't a small percentage, it's 95% of all Thai girls foreigners are able to meet.

Among the foreigners I know with Thai girls, 100%, despite 75% claiming they aren't.

Not sure about them being 'the best quality' but they are certainly easy and cheap.

Easy and cheap like most of your comments about this country and its people smile.png

Yeah, it's easy to see you're a winner.

Sometime ago I there was a report thais are the second bigest cheaters in the world after some african country.

I had 3 gfs who had other relationships when we were dating and having sex, 1 was married to a thai.

When I moved here I also thought they were the best, years on and after dating many I can assure you they are not. They have a very different mentality than us westeners. Today I would never marry a thai women. I dont know how long the Op has been living here but u will realize soon or later

The main problem for men ,is most come here for short times , therefore get to meet hookers (i know i did) and it was great ,some were very nice , but if you are here long term or have a business ,you get to meet "ordinary" people , just like i eventually did ,then you find that most are just like a woman anywhere ,they want security ,someone to love and to have children with ,

i know when we lived in the UK my family ,friends and people i met just treated my wife like any other woman .

most of the problem is papers doing stories about Thailand and its women in a bad light , but that's what sells them , who in hell is interested in my story about our son going to school and us doing the weekly shopping at Tesco?

Take a look at the western-Thai relationships around. Most of the men want a very, very young girl. Many of the men that enter the country to stay for the long term are of retirement age. The only way they're going to find the "looks" they want is to pay. It's exceptionally rare to see a western man with an age appropriate woman. As such, they're willing to pay to play. That's their choice.

I'm 32 and my wife is 31. She has a masters degree in marketing, speaks three languages, has never asked me for or about money and we have a great relationship. Good people do exist, even here. You're just not going to find them at a bar or on a Thai dating website. Go out, be friendly, speak a little Thai and impress a girl, things will work out.

&

Easy and cheap like most of your comments about this country and its people smile.png

They started it!

Unfortunately the TAT has a propensity to publicize places like Soi Cowboy and Pattaya, they give very little coverage to ll the beautiful places in the country. As a result, when people outside of the country see articles on Thailand these the girly bars and the like are the only things they see. Given that what thoughts would you reasonably expect them to have?

I used to use a bar on soi 6,when i lived in Pattaya,Great bar,great owner (have one on me Bruce,where ever you are)There were many girls working there,but one instance comes to mind.I was in there on an evening when a guy came in and started on this one girl.he had obviously arrived early,y and wanted to surprise her(foolish,very fooloish).She was wrapped around some big Aussie who was enjoying her company.The guy who entered looked aghast and was very pissed off.The context of the argument was that he was angry because he was sending her money to keep here from doing exactly what she was doing.Its a boring story but the girls comment at the end was priceles.

It was something about..."You f##king cheap charlie,You send me 5000 Baht a month and you expect me to be good girl.You come Pattaya for what?you come here to F##k with Ladybar,you come soi 6 what you think i am? Virgin F##king Mary.

Today,i still love it.