Baht bus driver left with broken leg after altercation with Indian tourists in Pattaya

webfact

This is the first time I see a Thai going against a group. In my eyes, this Thai seems to be not a coward like most of other Thai. In another point of view, I like the way Indians answered to the police. They have used the same strategy Thai are using when they beat tourists.

I think those Indians must stick together as long they stay in Pattaya...

On another note, for 1 thai to take on a group, I would have the Thai tested for drugs, alcohol or being insane, after all, this is not "normal" thainess.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a baht bus today. When I gave the driver a 10b along with a Thank-You he made a noise like a wounded weasel and sped off.....I had been in the buss for about a mile........

Meanwhile the tourists were tracked down and gave a different version. They said that they were attacked by the driver with a rock and were only defending themselves.

A Thai guy attacking several people by himself???????? and the pigs are flying.

Me too.

It's absolutely the norm that these crooks will attack you for the most minor reason, arguing about 10 Baht or so.

You might like the Indians or not but I never noticed them to get physical in Pattaya.

When being ripped/threatened by the jet ski mafiosi they look frightened and don't shout or even get physical.

Once when walking on 2nd rd I shouted at one of these crooks passing by without stopping (the "walk back to the queue" signal), a friend from Jomtien who was with me nearly got a heart attack and seemed to fear for our lives.

I got a stern warning not to do again.

The crook continued his speedy ride.

A big som nam na in this case biggrin.png

I was at Safari World waiting for the kids to go on a pony ride and queuing behind two Indian families with 5 kids between them. They were interfering, shouting at the two ladies running it, pushing for extra rides and time for their kids and then when finally about to leave demanding a "discount for 5". The two mothers were the mouthy ones with husbands nodding and shaking heads. The two Thai ladies were calm, polite and simply reiterated the price was the price. Eventually, with much arrogance they paid and went off muttering.

I lived in India for 2 years so please don't tell me that all Indians are polite, well mannered and not aggressive. Go and stand in a queue to be served at a bank, shopping mall or airline check-in desk and see how they behave.

Yes, like the Chinese at an all you can eat buffet.

Prolly go for the Indian story.

This brought to mind a friend of mine who was in Pucket last year with her two children and husband. Husband wanted to stay in town and party with some mates so she caught a baht bus to go home.

After a while she found that everyone else had got off and they were still not at her accomodation. The bus promptly stopped and the driver demanded a decent sum of money to continue.

She, being a headstrong lass refused, but she agreed shortly after when the driver produced a knife and threatened her . . .

Nasty little <deleted>.

Baht bus in Phuket ? Bullshit - no have !

Husband who decides to party and let wife and kids find their way home alone on something like a non existing baht bus - idiot !

Sounds like a complete made up story to me (phuket resident for 20 years)

This brought to mind a friend of mine who was in Pucket last year with her two children and husband. Husband wanted to stay in town and party with some mates so she caught a baht bus to go home.

After a while she found that everyone else had got off and they were still not at her accomodation. The bus promptly stopped and the driver demanded a decent sum of money to continue.

She, being a headstrong lass refused, but she agreed shortly after when the driver produced a knife and threatened her . . .

Nasty little <deleted>.

Husband who decides to party and let wife and kids find their way home alone on something like a non existing baht bus - idiot !

http://phukettravelandtours.com/baht-bus.shtml

Pattaya Baht Bus Driver Beaten by Tourists

A bus driver in the resort town of Pattaya is hospitalized with a broken leg after he was assaulted by a group of Indian tourists early this morning, police said.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462527722

1462527691_201605061416173-2004101916130

A rescue worker posed with an alleged weapon used in the assault

I highly doubt a baht bus driver would ask the tourists if they wanted him to drive them back.

Would be more like GET OFF MY BUS YOU STUPID FARANGS!!!!!

FYI ... Indians are not farangs.

I highly doubt a baht bus driver would ask the tourists if they wanted him to drive them back.

Would be more like GET OFF MY BUS YOU STUPID FARANGS!!!!!

FYI ... Indians are not farangs.

FYI... If you're not a Thai, to them you're a farang....

Nasty little <deleted>.

Fixed route with fixed stops and fix rates..

As long as your "accommodation" is not next to a stop they wont take you there.

Still a bs story.

Pattaya Baht Bus Driver Beaten by Tourists

A bus driver in the resort town of Pattaya is hospitalized with a broken leg after he was assaulted by a group of Indian tourists early this morning, police said.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462527722

1462527691_201605061416173-2004101916130

A rescue worker posed with an alleged weapon used in the assault

That's a tourist destination? Looks like a rubbish dump.

Nice backwards hat, shows his IQ.

'Let's pick up a piece of the many pieces of garbage and call it the weapon of assault.'

Edited by HLover

Nasty little <deleted>.

Fixed route with fixed stops and fix rates..

As long as your "accommodation" is not next to a stop they wont take you there.

Still a bs story.

So there are baht buses on Phuket? There was when I was there years ago.

Is it impossible that the person in question stayed in a hotel or guesthouse along one of the routes?

I do not know if the story is true or not.

Has there ever been just a one on one fight in Thailand?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes, me and a flight of stairs

The stairs won whistling.gif

Looking back I think they had help from the beer I drank gigglem.gif

Attacked by 7 male Indians and not a scratch that is visible on him. Only a broken leg??? Seems to me that he broke his leg kicking one of the Indians in the ass and got his sandal stuck.

It looks more like he was found at a garbage disposal site rather than the Dolphin Circle. What a mess!

This is rubble from the demolition of the old Pattaya Bazaar Shopping Mall where Kiss restaurant was on Dolphin roundabout.

I doubt that the Indians started the altercation....but it seems they certainly ended it while I just can not feel sorry for a Thai baht Bus driver that I can assure you ( 100 % Plus ) has tried and does try all the time to overcharge and more or less rip tourists off when ever he can.

That there is no doubt.

All the times that I used a baht bus in Pattaya at least 10 percent of the time If I did not have the 5 Bath coin ( back in the Day ) to give to the driver or his passenger cohort the driver or his cohort would try to keep the 20 baht note or even the 100 baht note and not give me back the change.

Also if you foolishly asked them "How Much" for a ride to a destination that was already on their regular route anyhow then they would never say 5 baht they would say 30 baht or 50 baht.

Of course a person soon learns the cost was only 5 baht anywhere along the designated route while everyone just pays 5 baht...but when the foreigner gets off and tries to hand the driver or his passenger riding cohort the 5 baht they demand 20 baht or just keep the 20 baht note that you hand them and then drive off.

Several times there I was demanding my change and telling them in more than adequate Thai language to give me my change back while they have a look of rage on their face because you are now telling them you know the cost for everyone is 5 baht...so just give me my change...while most of them always tried to argue the price is 20 baht when it was a 20 baht note that you handed them.......while just 5 seconds before the Thai person passenger in front of you handed the &lt;deleted&gt; a 20 baht note and 15 baht change was returned.

That been the case I would try to remember to have the 5 baht coins on hand while many times when I got off and paid 5 baht the driver or the dick head cohort passenger riding about together would demand 20 baht and I would smile and say: The price is 5 baht....Thanks ...Good by..... and walk off while I could clearly hear them swearing at me and calling me any number of derogatory names in Thai language include Fxxk You Farang.........Nice eh..?

Many times when I did not have the 5 baht coin I handed the driver the 20 baht note and walked off and they kept the note of course while several times the driver or the ride about passenger politely informed me the ride was only 5 baht and returned my change while sometimes I said in Thai language: Keep the change...It is bonus money for you today and do not spend it all in one place.

I hope they remember me as the generous farang.....lol .......but I doubt that.

Cheers

Has there ever been just a one on one fight in Thailand?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes, me and a flight of stairs

The stairs won whistling.gif

Looking back I think they had help from the beer I drank gigglem.gif

Ha Ha...I can only imagine....clap2.gif

You boozers always crack me up....cheesy.gif

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

The standard bus fare is 10 baht. 20 baht for very long rides where very long is not defined. The basic fare has not been 5 baht even for Thais for many years.

As I said...back in the day...when it was 5 baht for 1 end to the other end whether it be on the back road or the front beach road...any distance was 5 baht.

Back in the day when there was hardly any East Indian Tourists or Chinese Tourists in sight and hardly a Russian to be found.

Back in the day when the air conditioned city buses in Bangkok where 5 baht also and 6 to 7 baht if long distances while the regular buses were 2.5 baht and the "song taow" transportation in Bangkok charged 1.5 and 2 baht and the green mini buses, up and down the streets of Bangkok, were 2.5 baht while most taxis did not have meters or they did but they still preferred to bargain and back in the day when maybe as many as 30 or 40 percent of the taxi drivers refused to go to where the passenger requested to go.

Back in the day when a plate of Chicken and rice ( Kow Mun Guy ) was still only 10 baht to 15 baht per serving all over Bangkok or Pattaya and back in the day when a bottle of beer at near any entertainment venue was 20 baht to 30 baht and a bar fine was 100 Baht and the price of the female company was only 500 ...or less thumbsup.gif ....and they loved you long timewai2.gif ...while most of the girls were not so hard core about the money.....$$$$$$$$wub.png .....lol

Back in the day.

Meantime ....I feel ancient ......I feel sedated.......I have been here sooooooo....... long.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy