bank in bangkok with internet banking

I opened an account with Kasikorn Bank 10 years ago whilst on a 30 day tourist visa, hotel address used and accepted at the time. I requested Internet banking and they set it up at the time. I rarely get to the branch where I opened the account, I just go to the nearest branch when I need new cards etc.

You are likely to have more luck at an actual bank branch rather than the mini offices located in shopping malls. Bangkok Bank has set requirements (and even there one branch may say yes and another say no).

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

i have tried like 2 real branches outside mall ... all rejected ... really frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

I got a bank account with the Bangkok Bank as I needed it for a Marriage visa. How old are you and what is the purpose you want the account for?

i have tried like 2 real branches outside mall ... all rejected ... really frustrated.

I got a bank account with the Bangkok Bank as I needed it for a Marriage visa. How old are you and what is the purpose you want the account for?

I had bangkok bank atm for almost 10 years . without internet banking. im planning to use the internet banking to pay friends and top up mobile banking or maybe online shopping? im almost 40 btw

What type of visa entry? Why do you need account? You are asking for a passbook savings account right? You might want to just get account before mentioning internet

i did have a saving account but im a tourist . and they wont allow me to have internet banking without work permit.

You can set up internet banking from ATM at Bangkok Bank if that is where you have account - no need to talk with staff. But if a joint account, as mine is, you can not use ATM and have to visit bank and they told me the same must have work permit - when I told them they were wrong they used another excuse and when told that was wrong they agreed to open Thai wife name (but also took my application). When sent in Hqs on Silom Road opened it in my name - so you might visit that office.

Another option might be to visit the bank offices on ground level below Immigration at Chiang Watanna. They seem to understand regulations better than most and have experience with foreigners.

Here is what the Bangkok Bank web site says on both Thai and English. If the ATM method does not work, I would just fill out the form, walk it in, and ask them to send it off. You could copy more of the web site page(s) and take them with you for back up to show no work permit required.

To apply for Bualuang iBanking, either visit any ATM with your ATM or debit card, or print out an application form to take into your nearest branch.

Foreign customers registering should provide their passport and evidence of a local residential address (not PO Box or Hotel), as well as a list of accounts to be registered.

Need help? You can quickly find answers to a number of common questions about Bualuang iBanking in our Frequently Asked Questions section.

สมัครใช้บริการบัวหลวง ไอแบงก์กิ้ง ด้วยบัตรเอทีเอ็ม
หรือบัตรเดบิตที่เครื่องเอทีเอ็มธนาคารกรุงเทพ หรือพิมพ์ใบสมัครและกรอกข้อมูล แล้วนำไปยื่นที่สาขาธนาคารใกล้บ้านท่าน

ชาวต่างชาติที่ต้องการสมัครใช้บริการ จะต้องเตรียมหนังสือเดินทางและหลักฐานแสดงถิ่นที่อยู่ในประเทศไทย (ไม่รับเลขที่ตู้ไปรษณีย์หรือที่อยู่โรงแรม) พร้อมนำสมุดบัญชีเงินฝากที่ท่านต้องการใช้ลงทะเบียนสมัครบริการบัวหลวง ไอแบงก์กิ้ง มาแสดงในวันสมัคร

หากท่านมีข้อสงสัยเกี่ยวกับบริการ กรุณาคลิกไปที่
คำถามที่พบบ่อยเพื่อค้นหาคำตอบในเบื้องต้น

There is a pinned topic about this (and countless threads). The work permit issue comes up a lot, here’s my contribution to the pinned thread about WP issues: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/260738-opening-a-new-bank-account-in-thailand/?p=10024125 — read on for other people’s advice.

My post is a few post down from that.

Do you have any friends with bkb acct with internet banking? Ask them if they can help, which branch to go to, etc.

As i said in the banking thread, thailand is more of a relationship-based society vs rules based. Its easier to know someone and then connect with a bank rep that way.

Also, any new acct you open now at any thai bank, i would advise to obtain internet banking all in one swoop. And check it there that day or the next day to make sure it is all setup properly. Then you are all set.

Btw, what type of visa are you on now? If it is a non immigrant, should be less problems.

Also if the particular branch is having a signup promotion, that also works favorably. Make sure to insist on internet banking :D

There is a pinned topic about this (and countless threads). The work permit issue comes up a lot, here’s my contribution to the pinned thread about WP issues: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/260738-opening-a-new-bank-account-in-thailand/?p=10024125 — read on for other people’s advice.

My post is a few post down from that.

Do you have any friends with bkb acct with internet banking? Ask them if they can help, which branch to go to, etc.

As i said in the banking thread, thailand is more of a relationship-based society vs rules based. Its easier to know someone and then connect with a bank rep that way.

Also, any new acct you open now at any thai bank, i would advise to obtain internet banking all in one swoop. And check it there that day or the next day to make sure it is all setup properly. Then you are all set.

Btw, what type of visa are you on now? If it is a non immigrant, should be less problems.

Also if the particular branch is having a signup promotion, that also works favorably. Make sure to insist on internet banking :D

thanks for your info .. i guess ill keep trying from branches to branches .

I have a Bangkok Bank account (savings), a Be1st ATM/Debit card and internet banking. I have had the internet banking for so long I have forgotten how long, but NO WORK PERMIT required.

I have my account at the big(ish) Bangkok Bank on Sukhumvit about Soi 10, near the Nana BTS station. If I recall, all I needed to produce was my passport, and a completed internet banking application form. I was on a Non-O visa at the time, so that may have factored in.

For what it's worth, I have never had a problem at that branch.

I have a Bangkok Bank account (savings), a Be1st ATM/Debit card and internet banking. I have had the internet banking for so long I have forgotten how long, but NO WORK PERMIT required.

I have my account at the big(ish) Bangkok Bank on Sukhumvit about Soi 10, near the Nana BTS station. If I recall, all I needed to produce was my passport, and a completed internet banking application form. I was on a Non-O visa at the time, so that may have factored in.

For what it's worth, I have never had a problem at that branch.

The only problem I have with the BBK is that I opened an account at the big Sukhumvit branch many years ago and I want to close it.

I think I have 2 or 300 baht in the account. However as I live in rural Khampaeng Phet now no regional branch of the BBK will allow me to close it.

I HAVE to go to BKK and close it. That means I have to leave here around 05.00, drive 400 km to BKK, find somewhere to park, catch the Skytrain and then walk to the bank, close the account and either stay over night or come back the same day.

In fuel and transport costs that would be about 1,750 baht and an overnight including the hotel, food and drink etc about the same.

It is easier to throw the bankbook in the drawer and forget about it.

That is the idea - you do not need to close it. Same at all banks AFAIK - you just withdraw almost everything and forget it.

Just don't make the mistake I made of making a new deposit by getting current and old account numbers mixed up.whistling.gif

I suggest that it is a long term visa that is required, not a work permit (based on my experiences with Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn and Ayyuthya/Krungsri over the last 5 years with first a 1 yr non-O and then a one year retirement extension).

I defer to the longer thread referred to if it has more up to date information.

As an ex auditor of companies and banks, it would seem odd to me if banks permitted tourists to open accounts, but TIT, so normal risk management may not universally apply!

• 5 months later...