Interview with very very wealthy Thai for job

Also there are body expressions which are important in Thailand.

I wouldnt know which one to use for jobinterview. Guess in all you have to show being polite.

You seem to be very lucky, as the daughter of one of the richest Thai people invite you!

Incredible you meet such luck ?!

Anyway succes.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes sir. The 50th richest person in Thailand wants to interview and hire a farang personally? Really?

High level management position, yet you are unqualified?

Well, if you got in the door because of the daughter and you cannot do the job, she will lose face and you will lose your job.

Pretty simply to figure that out.

"Well, if you got in the door because of the daughter and you cannot do the job, she will lose face and you will lose your job."

I think he's already lost face with his original post. Seeking a pat on the head on a public message board doesn't scream confidence or capability.

Besides dressing smartly and speaking politely, does anyone have any advice for me?

Knee pads and familiarity with the Thai term for "boy toy."

Quote :

"Tomorrow I have the privilege of flying to BKK from Phuket to interview for a high level management position in a Thai owned company. The owner's daughter (who is involved in said company) recommended me for the job and booked my ticket. The guy who will interview me is one of the 50 wealthiest individuals in the country. Besides dressing smartly and speaking politely, does anyone have any advice for me? I am only 29 but look about 40 due to grey hair, my biggest concern is I am not properly qualified, but then again, every job I've held since I was 22 I felt that way and was able to manage.

Unquote

"The Guy" (very mature designation of your putative Boss by the way) who will condescend to interview a 29 year old for "a high level management position" is definitely NOT "one of the wealthiest individuals in the country" . Absolutely no way.

His position and the one you ar applying for are so far apart in reality that it's simply inconceivable - (I have my own Company here employing almost 200 Thai staff and I would never waste my time in interviewing anyone of your age and apparent inexperience).

In Thailand a 29 year old "high level" Manager in a major Company is a contradiction in terms unless you are a direct, almost blood line, relative.

Plus, by the way, being 29 but "looking 40 because of grey hair" is again almost assuredly a negative in Thailand, a black haired, ergo youthful look is much preferred. .

Patrick/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not true Patrick. I had an interview in London with the HR director, who then sent me down the corridor to meet a very famous billionaire.

He then preceded to quiz me on my sex life and generally took the piss. As I gave as good as I got, he liked the fact that I wasn't scared and hired me. It does happen. True story.

I don't know if the OP is genuine, but a high profile rich guy meeting a 29 year old is not that unusual. They don't consider it a waste of their time. Perhaps it is that attention to detail that got them where they are, amongst other qualities.

I retired the day i was born, going to school was bullshit,

learning about ancient Greece and Rome bored me,

Going to school was waiting to leave school, working

for a boss, yes i once had a job for about 3 years and

then another job for 2 years, just to pay tax and stay in

the system, my family are quite poor and i've never

inherited nothing from my family yet i'm considerably

well off, never really having a full time job, reading all

these posts about dressing sharp, clean shoes, sitting

at a desk, job interviews etc,, makes me so happy i've

never been a slave to anyone but cruised through life

doing my own thing.

UPDATE- Just got back from BKK to Phuket, literally flew up on the Bangkok Airways flight they booked for me, took a taxi to the building, waited about 30 minutes, and then was led into the room by secretary where my interviewer was. After a high wai (which he did not seem to expect) we shook hands and talked for about 90 minutes. Started off with him asking me questions, telling me about the direction they wanted this particular business to move in, and then after about an hour he asked if I had any questions and that went on for about 30 minutes of back and forth. Salary was not discussed, but everything seemed positive, and we shook hands again and thanked each other and he told me that the daughter (who is the director of where I would work) would be in contact with me. After that I took a cab straight to the airport and was back in Phuket at 18:30.

For all you geezers and pervs- I'm 99% sure she (the daughter) is a lesbian and she only recommended me because she observed me working in a similar capacity for 4 years at her facility and thought well of me. Also I am married to a local woman from Phuket, both in Thailand and in the USA.

I will post the final outcome of whether or not I got the job, and who the person was when the time comes.

This forum was helpful for me when I moved here but simple questions and posts are answered with 90% crap from losers with nothing better to do.

If what you are saying is true, by all means let us know if you get the job - and good luck. But for your own sake do not tell anyone on TV who the company is ... as your comment about the daughter will likely come back to haunt you.

UPDATE- Just got back from BKK to Phuket, literally flew up on the Bangkok Airways flight they booked for me, took a taxi to the building, waited about 30 minutes, and then was led into the room by secretary where my interviewer was. After a high wai (which he did not seem to expect) we shook hands and talked for about 90 minutes. Started off with him asking me questions, telling me about the direction they wanted this particular business to move in, and then after about an hour he asked if I had any questions and that went on for about 30 minutes of back and forth. Salary was not discussed, but everything seemed positive, and we shook hands again and thanked each other and he told me that the daughter (who is the director of where I would work) would be in contact with me. After that I took a cab straight to the airport and was back in Phuket at 18:30.

For all you geezers and pervs- I'm 99% sure she (the daughter) is a lesbian and she only recommended me because she observed me working in a similar capacity for 4 years at her facility and thought well of me. Also I am married to a local woman from Phuket, both in Thailand and in the USA.

I will post the final outcome of whether or not I got the job, and who the person was when the time comes.

This forum was helpful for me when I moved here but simple questions and posts are answered with 90% crap from losers with nothing better to do.

Sure it's wise to post up "who the person was", particularly after your comment on the daughter?

Got an email back told me the meeting went well and what would I expect salarywise, which I answered.... scared I lowballed myself but didnt want to come off greedy. That was friday, hoping for an offer or decline message next week. Thanks to everyone that wrote something constructive, and to everyone else go drink some piss beer and f&*# yourself

Quote :

"Tomorrow I have the privilege of flying to BKK from Phuket to interview for a high level management position in a Thai owned company. The owner's daughter (who is involved in said company) recommended me for the job and booked my ticket. The guy who will interview me is one of the 50 wealthiest individuals in the country. Besides dressing smartly and speaking politely, does anyone have any advice for me? I am only 29 but look about 40 due to grey hair, my biggest concern is I am not properly qualified, but then again, every job I've held since I was 22 I felt that way and was able to manage.

Unquote

"The Guy" (very mature designation of your putative Boss by the way) who will condescend to interview a 29 year old for "a high level management position" is definitely NOT "one of the wealthiest individuals in the country" . Absolutely no way.

His position and yours are so far apart in reality that it's simply inconceivable - (I have my own Company here employing almost 200 Thai staff and I would never waste my time in interviewing anyone of your age and apparent inexperience - in Thailand a 29 year old "high level" Manager is a contradiction in terms unless you are a direct, almost blood line, relative.

Plus, by the way, being 29 but "looking 40 because of grey hair" is again almost assuredly a negative in Thailand, a black haired, ergo youthful look is much preferred. .

Patrick

Rubbish.

If you were recommended by his daughter, it would be normal for him to interview you in deference to his daughter's wishes.

Also age is much more highly respected here than in the West. You're not interviewing to be a TV drama heartthrob. Keep the shades of gray – it will do you well.

I would need to ask what age the daughter is and what is her experience for the recommendation.

A heads up from a 19 or 20 yo hiso playgirl to the father might get an interview just because of family ties, but, IMO doesn't assure the position. The OP has stated this is to replace a 50+ yo foreigner in a high management job; they will need a field of applicants for the replacement.

The above is of course accepting that this isn't a troll post, if the OP has been working here since 2012 I can't understand the need of asking a forum for advice on what to do, especially if the interview is for a similar position.

Got an email back told me the meeting went well and what would I expect salarywise, which I answered.... scared I lowballed myself but didnt want to come off greedy. That was friday, hoping for an offer or decline message next week. Thanks to everyone that wrote something constructive, and to everyone else go drink some piss beer and f&*# yourself

Dealing thus with any enemies/competitors in your prospective new position will serve you well, I'm sure.

Obviously not the social skills you showed at the interview.

• 4 weeks later...

Geeze i hope this job isn't in public relations.

I look forward to your future posts where we can all sit around and measure the size of our d*%ks, oops sorry, salaries.

Archived