Drug Cartel Dealers Arrested in Sting Operation (Video)

webfact

Drug Cartel Dealers Arrested in Sting Operation (Video)
by CityNews

arrested-drug-cartel.jpg

CityNews – Chiang Mai Police in partnership with the Phamuang Force who lead drug busts in the north of Thailand sucessfully arrested three members of a drug cartel during a sting operation in Charoen Muang Soi 7.

On May 8, police arrested a 31-year-old man identified only as Songkrod, who had 11 yaba pills on him. After his arrest, more information was collected about a local drug cartel and with information provided by Songkrod, a sting operation was arranged.

The drug dealers were asked to come by Songkrod’s house and sell him a large pack of yaba pills.

As the deal was underway, plain clothed police officers emerged and successfully arrested the three people in a pickup owned by the drug dealer.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/drug-cartel-dealers-arrested-sting-operation/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-05-13

"On May 8, police arrested a 31-year-old man identified only as Songkrod" don't think it matters if WE know Songkods name, they will and its not us he need worry about!!!

I don't imagine there's much witness protection. Songkrod's in strife.

Result of the SWAT style 'sting' - 3000 baht, 30 tablets and two tubes. I don't what a tube is but doesn't sound like a big deal, as it were.

3 down, and the rest of the north of Thailand, and for that matter, the rest of it as well, to go.

this country is lithely a washed with drugs in huge quantities in the hands of millions

of people.....

Three of them to handle 30 pills must make theirs the poorest "cartel" in the world.

Of course it's good to get that garbage off the street (both the drug and the sellers) but let hold off on using the term "cartel" until it's warranted.

This forum seems to have a chronic case of "over-sensationalizitus". wink.png

I know it's still fairly early here but most of you have managed to make complete numpties of yourselves with your idiotic comments.

As per usual, one of you mentioned 3,000 Baht and 30 tablets and so on then that became a theme. No one sees anything like a conduit, do they?

Then you put phrases in inverted commas and you can't even spell them properly!

I know it's still fairly early here but most of you have managed to make complete numpties of yourselves with your idiotic comments.

As per usual, one of you mentioned 3,000 Baht and 30 tablets and so on then that became a theme. No one sees anything like a conduit, do they?

Nope, just read through them all again, yours is the most idiotic post in this thread, You should probably get out more :)

Not exactly what I was expecting from the headline and its second headline billing on the Thaivisa email alert! But how often do they ever arrest the top guys?

and how often do headlines accurately reflect the content in a news article?

Not exactly what I was expecting from the headline and its second headline billing on the Thaivisa email alert! But how often do they ever arrest the top guys?

and how often do headlines accurately reflect the content in a news article?

Never ! => One more day in psychedelic Thailand :) SO much FUN ^^ !!!

I was the "one of you" (hope spelling correct) that mentioned the 3,000/30 and so on. Feel free to use the quote function another time to allow me the chance to defend myself.

If a numptie is a good thing I thank you for the compliment.

I thought it of interest that a story that initially sounded like the cops got a little dealer, who helped set up a sting that the stung guys turned out to be pretty petty. The seemingly small quantities are therefore relevant I believe.

Inn Between

Posted Today, 11:09

I'm guessing the miss-spelling in inverted commas comment in your last sentence refers to Inn Between's reply above. I thought it amusing. Perhaps you should also do Inn Between the courtesy of quoting.

When I see a thread going in a direction that I'm not enjoying I look at something else rather than criticize the bulk of fellow posters. Wha'd'ya think?

I've given you more of my time than I meant.

I was the "one of you" (hope spelling correct) that mentioned the 3,000/30 and so on. Feel free to use the quote function another time to allow me the chance to defend myself.

I thought it of interest that a story that initially sounded like the cops got a little dealer, who helped set up a sting that the stung guys turned out to be pretty petty. The seemingly small quantities are therefore relevant I believe.

Inn Between

I'm guessing the miss-spelling in inverted commas comment in your last sentence refers to Inn Between's reply above. I thought it amusing. Perhaps you should also do Inn Between the courtesy of quoting.

When I see a thread going in a direction that I'm not enjoying I look at something else rather than criticize the bulk of fellow posters. Wha'd'ya think?

I just ignored the post, wondering why anybody would comment about the spelling of a fictitious word. I thought the absurdity of it would be obvious and hopefully amusing. I mean. how can a word be misspelled if it doesn't exist?

And as for any assumption by todlad that these 3 clowns are going to be a "conduit" that leads to the breaking of an actual cartel, that's not very realistic. These types of busts happen all the time, and the real bosses obviously don't get busted as the supply chain continues. Many even suggest that the real bosses are somewhat untouchable.

Edited by Inn Between

Inn Between

I just ignored the post, wondering why anybody would comment about the spelling of a fictitious word. I thought the absurdity of it would be obvious and hopefully amusing. I mean. how can a word be misspelled if it doesn't exist?

If I'd wandered away for 5 minutes I think I would also have ignored the post.

My failing.

Not the topic.

Move on.

"On May 8, police arrested a 31-year-old man identified only as Songkrod" don't think it matters if WE know Songkods name, they will and its not us he need worry about!!!

Although I have no time for drug dealers, the next one they catch might not be so forthcoming! Songkrod would be sh,,ting bricks! Poor police work.

Here's an even more idiotic comment. It's reported as being a "drug cartel" sting operation and you're buying that they only came up with "3,000 baht", a couple of vials of meth and a few pills for all that commotion.

What's really idiotic is the concept of a prison term for a small time dealer being turned into an automatic death sentence and the assurance that there likely won't be another dealer stupid enough to turn. Was there really a need for a tell all about their informant, or is that just another way of finger pointing to show the excellent investigative work at the end of a long trail?

Give your head a shake. It's reported as being a "drug cartel" sting operation and you're buying that they only came up with 3,000 baht, a couple of vials of meth and a few pills.

I'm more impressed with their cost saving measures for a possible death sentence being turned into a certain one, and insuring that there likely won't be another dealer stupid enough to turn on the rest.

Hmmmmm

More small time dealers busted for small amounts of drugs.

WHEN ....will they move up the scale and shut down the volume producers and volume distributors

I know....I know...no need to remind me ......the connected are immune and operate with impunity.

Still........Disappointing.

Cheers

Pablo Escobar.......A cartel.........This...... not a cartel rolleyes.gif

Your right....but this is just more media sensationalism thrown out there to draw readers which draw advertisers...which makes money.

Meantime the location of the volume producers and volume distributors are known by the police but they can not go that high up the chain of events

Too bad as this bust means almost nothing....and will make almost no difference of any substance concerning the world of recreational drug consumption.....not even a blip on the radar.....as the users can easily find the drug and a supplier just down the road...everywhere they go.

Cheers

Inn Between

This forum seems to have a chronic case of "over-sensationalizitus". ;)

You're assuming I've got the time to go through every one of these silly posts and respond to them all? If a post or two are idiotic that's what I do but when almost all of them are, including this one of yours, then I can't afford the time.