Gas stove

I really hate these things, but my wife refuses to use electric. It's pm off.

Anyway, you know when you try and turn it on and sometimes it does not get turned on, but you think it is? So, that's what happened just now. I thought I turned it on and left for 5 minutes. Of course there was no flame, so I know when that happens the next time I turn it on it will throw a flame ball at me... I think because of pressure. I'm a noob, I dunno.

So, just now I tried to turn it on while extending my hand as much as I can and nothing happens. Did I screw something up? Do I need to wait? Will it eventually explode? I've had it with this thing.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

seems the pizzo spark lighter might not be working, try lighting it with a match.

if you use bottled gas, it is heavier than air and will settle on the floor if you don't have adequate ventilation. open a door and a window to get rid of excess gas before you try again.

No they do not all have that extra cost feature. But as he says there was a lot of small suspect he did not have that and the spark function is not working correctly - have it fixed - but until they you can use safely use an incense stick if you do not have other flame probes available immediately after turning gas on.

I have had similar problems with burners - usually after my wife or sometimes me has cleaned it. I usually have to adjust the air mix levers underneath to fix it.

actually tried that today and it made no difference. could have sworn it was a blocked jet...

some things you know - and others you don't.