Intoxicated ‘bad parker’ detained after blazing BMW of jailed drug friend

webfact

Intoxicated ‘bad parker’ detained after blazing BMW of jailed drug friend
Eakkapop Thongtub

1463296483_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A 30-year-old man who witnesses saw pour gasoline on a BMW before setting it on fire early this morning in Kathu, has been booked for arson, bad parking and threatening the police.

At 3.10am May 15 Pol Captain Wattanathon Bamrungthin of Kathu Police was alerted to an incident of automobile arson.

Police dispatched a municipality fire truck to the scene, near the entrance to the Irawadee Ket Ho housing subdivision of Kathu’s Moo 1, where a bronze-coloured BMW parked illegally on the curbside was ablaze in flames.

Authorities worked for about 15 minutes to douse the flames, which had completely destroyed the vehicle.

Police detained a suspect, 30-year-old Mr Warot Na Patthalung, formerly known by the name of Nattapong Na Phattalung, who was identified as the suspected driver and arsonist of the BMW.

Mr Warot was reported to be in a heavily intoxicated state at the time of arrest, and was displaying signs of someone under the influence of meth, police said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/intoxicated-bad-parker-detained-after-blazing-bmw-of-jailed-drug-friend-57436.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-16

Is this is the Thai way to total your car and put an insurance claim? dose policy covers

' I was drunk and drugged out of my mind?......'

If you bothered to read the story before commenting you would know that the police believe it was not his car.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

tonight he also threatened us that he will burn down the police station if we arrested him,” Pol Co Chawalit said.

Better not arrest him then. No point being confrontational with wealthy or connected Thais, it never works!

Edited by tuanku

Is this is the Thai way to total your car and put an insurance claim? dose policy covers

' I was drunk and drugged out of my mind?......'

If you bothered to read the story before commenting you would know that the police believe it was not his car.

Read the comment by noitom

...apparently they do know 'who's who'.....

...and again......'BMW of a known drug dealer'......so I guess crime does pay...

.....never never never ever confiscate the assets of criminals...even known drug dealers...

...again....wow....