Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A mate of mine at work is a Man United fan (and yet he's from Hull :D ) anyway, we are always having the banter but he gets a right cob on if United lose. Many thanks for making my day and making his a miserable one :D

Haha yeah I know a few mancs (real fans from London... :) ) so it was nice to gloat a bit, the weekend would of been even better if the worlds best player (in his eyes) Bendtner didn't nick three points from Wolves!......oh well bring on the Villa, another 7 goal route would make a glorious few weeks! :D

had a cockney manc in my local in chiang mai last night who was being very vocal. never heard a manyoo fan slaughter gary neville before, it was funny. especially when he kept calling him a 'lazy cant'.

...and pig ignorant too because if he knew anything about his team he'd know that he Neviller is amongst the most professional, loyal and hard working players of his generation (still a tos3er though :D )

Cech hopeful on title chances

Petr Cech admits the Premier League title is now Chelsea's to throw away following their victory over Manchester United.

The Blues left Old Trafford on Saturday as league leaders following a crucial 2-1 win over their closest challengers.

They now hold a two-point advantage over the Red Devils with five games remaining, with Arsenal a point further back on the reigning champions.

Cech hopes Chelsea will be able to handle the pressure of being front-runners, but admits there is no position they would rather be in at this stage of the season.

"It is very important to win these matches, the so-called six-pointers," the Czech keeper wrote on his personal website.

"It is equally important for us to manage the fixtures we have remaining.

"We are now in a position where our destiny is in our hands and it is up to us to cope with it."

Cech has also joined the debate regarding Didier Drogba's decisive strike against United.

The Ivorian was offside before collecting the ball and firing past Edwin van der Sar, with Sir Alex Ferguson venting his anger towards the match officials at the final whistle.

However, Cech believes United's goal, scored by Federico Macheda, was equally as contentious as they got away with a blatant handball during the build-up.

"If everyone is talking about an offside position for our second goal, then there should also be talk about the handball which helped lead to Manchester United's goal," he said.

"With that in mind, one situation and one decision went our way, but the second situation and decision went against us

"After all that, it is clear that we were still better by one goal and deserved to win."

Ashley Cole & Michael Essien near Chelsea comeback

Chelsea have received a double boost with Ashley Cole and Michael Essien nearing a return to action.

The return of Cole, who broke his ankle in Chelsea's 2-1 defeat by Everton on 10 February, will also be welcome news for England boss Fabio Capello.

"Cole needs to train but we hope he will be ready for the Stoke game on 25 April," said boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"He (Cole) is doing very well. Essien will be one week later than Cole, but he is also doing very well."

Chelsea's defensive options have been stretched of late with Cole, Branislav Ivanovic and Jose Bosingwa all ruled out.

However, Ivanovic, who has been out since injuring his knee against Blackburn on 21 March, trained on Thursday and could feature on the substitutes' bench for the FA Cup semi-final against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Should Cole, 29, return on the expected date, the left-back will be able to play in Premier League games against Stoke, Liverpool and Wigan and the FA Cup final, should the Blues overcome Villa.

It will also provide him some vital first-team action before Capello announces his initial 35-man squad for the World Cup on 12 May.

"Ashley is an important player for England and after the season they still have a month to get ready, so he will be ready for sure, but I have not spoken to Capello," said Ancelotti.

England kick off their World Cup campaign against the United States in Rustenburg on Saturday 12 June.

Midfielder Essien, who will also be at the World Cup with Ghana, has been out of action since January following an injury to his left knee.

As we're all skint over here it looks like your in for the first couple,Sea'. :D

You're all skint? why do you think I'm going to BKK? to sell my arse as a Ladyboy of course!! haha......seriously I'm gona be in BKK on the 27th-28th and 5th-6th May, I usually drink in the Londoner, would be nice to put some faces to the names, there is a game on the 5th but it would be on at 2am Thai time!

I'll try & plan one of my " Business Trips " to be there around that time & we can talk about Mr Chelsea until you turn Blue in the face !! :D

& don't worry about the late Game, old Mr Singh knows an establishment or 2 where we can watch it & i can cheer on whoever you are playing ( unless it's T*ttenham of course ).. :)

Where you going in between thiose Dates Mr Seapok ??

Sounds good to me Singhy, its not even a Chelsea game on the 5th (well 6th) its Man City vs Spurs!......I'm going to be in Krabi inbetween those dates, doing a bit of diving, booked up last night, can't <deleted> wait to get some rays on my pasty skin! :D

Nice then, we can all cheer for City together.. :D

Terry - Meeting was catalyst

Chelsea captain John Terry has revealed how a clear-the-air meeting has boosted the Blues' chances of Premier League glory this season.

Carlo Ancelotti's men were at a low ebb in March after a week when they were dumped out of the UEFA Champions League by Inter Milan and could only manage a draw at Blackburn in the league.

The result at Ewood Park left them four points behind Manchester United in the table, but the standings have turned again as the Blues now sit top of the pile.

Chelsea lead the Red Devils by one point with a game in hand and Terry admits a crisis meeting last month aided the team's cause.

"A few weeks ago it didn't look as though we were in the running for anything really so we have turned it round," he said.

"We were obviously disappointed going out of the Champions League and our focus was no longer on that, it was on the league. We went to Blackburn hoping we could win and go to the top but we didn't.

"We didn't really show the fight and on the day Blackburn wanted it more than us. That was not acceptable. We had a little get-together, nothing too much, but since then we have been playing well and scoring lots of goals.

"We have got some big characters here, me, Lamps (Frank Lampard), Bally

(Michael Ballack) and Petr Cech, those kind of players are worth their weight in gold at a bad time.

"Everyone spoke their mind, we got off our chests what we were feeling, and went again. It was as simple as that.

"I don't want to make a big thing of it. We had the discussion between the management and players and everyone spoke honestly.

"It was a chance for everyone to get things off their chest. It is important players speak their mind.

"After a game everyone has to look at themselves and their own performance.

"Then we go in on the Monday or whenever it may be and the manager assesses the team as a whole.

"We know as a group of players when we do make mistakes. We have got big characters around and we get up and back on the horse and go again."

Terry has had a controversial season so far after allegations were revealed earlier in the year that he had an affair with the ex-girlfriend of former team-mate Wayne Bridge.

The central defender made a couple of mistakes on the field in the wake of the revelations, but he came out and openly admitted his errors.

"You don't see many players these days coming out and speaking as honestly as I did when I made the mistakes at Everton," he added.

"I am my own worst critic. When I have a bad game, like I did at Everton, I came out publicly and said the two goals were my fault.

"But I didn't really see myself as playing badly, individually, but as a team we were not playing well.

"But the lads have stuck together, in a tough time, and we have come out the other end. Now we are in the cup final and top of the league."

i like the way of your story telling you are great story teller

:D

I agree Iceman, my Friend..

What you two on about? isn't it obvious I'm just pasting in the words of the lord? :)

cool :D

Cosmic. :D

Edited by smokie36

i like the way of your story telling you are great story teller

:D

I agree Iceman, my Friend..

What you two on about? isn't it obvious I'm just pasting in the words of the lord? :)

Whoosh over you head.. :D

New Chelsea Home Kit's out, seen it ??

No I haven't seen it, why don't you enlighten me with you hilarious gag!!......I'm looking forward to meeting the man, the messiah that is Mr Singh! :)

No I haven't seen it, why don't you enlighten me with you hilarious gag!!......I'm looking forward to meeting the man, the messiah that is Mr Singh! :)

You've got no faith in me seapok my old China have you ?? :D

Here you go, even one picture with Captain Courageous/Fantastic posing in it for you so you can Print off, stick it up above your bed & look at it when giving the Missus one.. :D

post-55211-1271241619_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1271241633_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1271241643_thumb.jpg

You've got no faith in me seapok my old China have you ?? :D

Here you go, even one picture with Captain Courageous/Fantastic posing in it for you so you can Print off, stick it up above your bed & look at it when giving the Missus one.. :D

Ummm JT looks well buff!! haha whats all that about? looks a bit on the tight side and were does the red collar come from???

Ummm JT looks well buff!! haha whats all that about? looks a bit on the tight side and were does the red collar come from???

Just read that the red is in tribute to the Chelsea pensioners and their famous red coats!......quality!

Typical 2 bob West London tripe, when we want you to win you lose....Bwaaaaaaaaah

Tell me about it, wasn't impressed at all, more interested in having scraps rather than scoring goals! we never do it the easy way,

just hope the Yids do us a favour next weekend and beat the Mancs! :)

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree :D

What if United were to beat us and go on to win the league. Tough choice for you Mr B-J....

Anyway we'll be looking to nick at least a point as I don't believe they are as strong as previous seasons.

Typical 2 bob West London tripe, when we want you to win you lose....Bwaaaaaaaaah

Tell me about it, wasn't impressed at all, more interested in having scraps rather than scoring goals! we never do it the easy way,

and where was lampard when you need him?........................ok he did stick his foot out and score,but you'd hardly know he was on the park.spurs blitzed them from the first minute and if they'd been a bit more accurate,could have scored more.

and where was lampard when you need him?........................ok he did stick his foot out and score,but you'd hardly know he was on the park.spurs blitzed them from the first minute and if they'd been a bit more accurate,could have scored more.

Not so much if they were more accurate, if it wasn't for Cech being on form they could of put at least 4 past us!....will need to reorganise and get some confidence back by beating Stoke!

erm, touch of the devon lochs going on here chelsea sorts? say it ain't so.

a draw against stoke will do nicely. With Captain Adultery on the sidelines, should be interesting times for Delaps long balls into the box.

but from what I have seen this past weekend and over the season, nothing for granted.

Not so much if they were more accurate, if it wasn't for Cech being on form they could of put at least 4 past us!....will need to reorganise and get some confidence back by beating Stoke!

Why didn't Ancellotti keep to the side that beat United and pissed all over Villa and start with Anelka with Drogba on the bench? Our movement is much better and we don't stagnate into picking out Drogba with the long ball when he's leading the line.He's not 100% fit anyway.

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree :D

What if United were to beat us and go on to win the league. Tough choice for you Mr B-J....

The season is turning into a nightmare smokie :D

It could all go so wrong for any 4 of the top 5 clubs. I'm enjoying the adrenaline rush. Roll on the weekend! :D

No wait make that all 5. We can still catch the Arse and finish third. :)

It could all go so wrong for any 4 of the top 5 clubs. I'm enjoying the adrenaline rush. Roll on the weekend! :D

It would be funny seeing the Yids finish above the gooners seeing as Arsene still believes they will win the league haha, just hoping Spurs do us a favour Saturday and beat or draw against the Mancs!

It would be funny seeing the Yids finish above the gooners seeing as Arsene still believes they will win the league haha, just hoping Spurs do us a favour Saturday and beat or draw against the Mancs!

I wouldn't hold your breath,mate.They were carried away on the wave of support at White Hart Lane.At Old Trafford,it will be completely different. I reckon they will roll over like a puppy dog so it will be down to us to produce the goods.

I wouldn't hold your breath,mate.They were carried away on the wave of support at White Hart Lane.At Old Trafford,it will be completely different. I reckon they will roll over like a puppy dog so it will be down to us to produce the goods.

It'll be good if they roll over at our gaff, in a couple of weeks :D

Thats quite an assumption oldgit. We do have the odd off day but we don't roll over anymore to anyone. Presumably you also reckoned we would play your lot off the pitch last weekend, infact, make it look easy, and show the rest of the league what a dog average player your scumbag captain is becoming. :D