Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I seem to recall it was you who brought up the subject of dinner Carmine. licklips.gif

(Jeez...I'm even finding myself pasting in these internet graphic thingys.)

Chelsea-Spurs should be tasty.

Lunchtime for me. Dinnertime if you are lucky enough to be within 1000 miles of Halong Bay.

Enjoy.

Cheers.

Another must win game looms. What delights will Di Matteo have in store for us today. I guess Frankie will start cos he love playing tottenham,well boo hoo,i hope he doesn,t or Kalou. Whatever team he puts out,barring injuries i it will be the same eleven for tuesday,s game,so it had better be a good un.

Come on boys make em AVE IT

Which fans were singing at the end lads? biggrin.png

Arsenal,sclosedeyes.gif

Exactly,Keith.Someone tell me what was the 'plan' behind allowing Tottenham,who are a team bereft of confidence and have a dismal record at Chelsea,to have control of the ball for large parts of the game,thereby giving them the confidence they lacked?Even their players looked bewildered by how easy it was.There were some spectators that hadn't paid to get in and they were standing on the pitch clad in blue.Words fail me.

Arsenal,sclosedeyes.gif

Exactly,Keith.Someone tell me what was the 'plan' behind allowing Tottenham,who are a team bereft of confidence and have a dismal record at Chelsea,to have control of the ball for large parts of the game,thereby giving them the confidence they lacked?Even their players looked bewildered by how easy it was.There were some spectators that hadn't paid to get in and they were standing on the pitch clad in blue.Words fail me.

It doesn,t bode well does it Oldgit.You can clearly see how much influence the old guard have on team selection. I admire Ramires for signing a new contract,and Luiz for keeping his head up knowing that he is not first choice,the rift in that dressing room must be intolerable,but there still my team,have been since 1967 and will remain so. Will we get another hesitant rearguard display on tuesday,where as in the last 4 games only 5 players actually contributed anything. Just goes to show how good we could be if everyone put in a proper shift and did there job.mad.gif

Going by the last two EPL games maybe the old guard are thinking of Champions League success before they are cleared out in the summer so are pulling out all the stops. Its going to be tricky to finish top 4 now but we have 8 more games to go so we are not out of it yet. We looked very tired against City and lacklustre against the Yids. Next 3 games are Villa, Wigan and Fulham, I would expect at least 7 points from those 3 games.

It's football, it's not life or death.

Man U will win the PL probably.

Arsenal looking good for CL next season.

Let's enjoy the football guys.

That's what it's there for.

We don't need to fight in the stands.

No fighting...just a gentle reminder of how poor you have been lately...with the exception of your CL games.

Best of luck on Tuesday by the way Seapok!

I mean that for once as well....maybe I need a lie down...hit-the-fan.gif

Arsenal,sclosedeyes.gif

It doesn,t bode well does it Oldgit.You can clearly see how much influence the old guard have on team selection. I admire Ramires for signing a new contract,and Luiz for keeping his head up knowing that he is not first choice,the rift in that dressing room must be intolerable,but there still my team,have been since 1967 and will remain so. Will we get another hesitant rearguard display on tuesday,where as in the last 4 games only 5 players actually contributed anything. Just goes to show how good we could be if everyone put in a proper shift and did there job.mad.gif

I know,mate.I've been supporting the club since I was conceived as my dad and uncles had followed the club beforehand.I saw Peter Sillett lift the old First Division Championship in 1955 and remember feeling sick with fear before a game in case they lost which was quite often in those days.I went all over the country watching the team until I started playing minor league football on Saturdays and Sundays.

I look at supporting Chelsea this way.I follow the club and,although the players are part of the set up while they are there,they are just employees and are there to do a job and they get very well paid for doing it.If I had any allegiance to players whatsoever,I would be calling for Jimmy Greaves or Kerry Dixon to get their boots back on.But I don't because time moves on and I know they can't do it any more

That's why,for the same reason,Lampard,Drogba,Cole and other luminaries of our successful past can piss off now because they're not succeeding in their efforts to serve my club to achieve greater heights.All the time this lot are around,we won't get anywhere near winning honours.

Two people I would never slag off (in public!) are Ken Bates and Roman Abramovich.Both moved in when the club was in deep shit and both got us out of it.Of course,I know they didn't do it for the love of the place and had their own vested interests but what I do know is that the club wouldn't be in existence if they hadn't put their considerable financial muscle,and in Bates's case,sheer bloody mindedness,to bear.

Very well put Oldgit. Irony,you only mention two players from our past,i named my daughter Kerry. She never saw him play like we did but she knows all about our past.Lucky for her the last 22 years has been really great.Just got to get to the end of this nightmare season and look forward to a new begining.wink.png

Very well put Oldgit. Irony,you only mention two players from our past,i named my daughter Kerry. She never saw him play like we did but she knows all about our past.Lucky for her the last 22 years has been really great.Just got to get to the end of this nightmare season and look forward to a new begining.wink.png

Respect. I'm a nouveau riche Chelsea supporter by comparison.

Next week's Citeh fans eh...coffee1.gif

Owen Coyle is reported as saying he was saddened by the realisation that Muamba's problem was the first time he had ever seen a stand united.

Greatest respect for Bill Shankly too. 'more important than life or death'

Bill Shankly had a wife and kids too.

And how much worldwide support for Man U came from the disaster in Munich?

Fans in the stands are people. We all have disasters.There's no better entertainment than winning a game when you thought it was all lost.

Tomorrow v Benfica interesting.

Message understood Smokie. Respect.

Message understood Smokie. Respect.

Heh see you at Wembley....

Ok fine Smokie. No prawn sarnies though.

Look after the Viet fisherman and the cook when you're in Halong.

I trust you will.

Cheers.

Another Soi 8 happy chappie eh...

Dunno Smokie.

All I know is Alex Ferguson came from working class and became a legend.

I trust you will.

Cheers.

Dunno Smokie.

So did King Kenny. How about John Terry..will he be a legend as a player or manager?

I trust you will.

Cheers.

Dunno Smokie.

So did King Kenny. How about John Terry..will he be a legend as a player or manager?

I wouldn't put money on either.

Fabrice Muamba awoke in hospital last night and was told that Torres had scored 2 goals.

he said --- " fuc_k me, how long have I been unconscious for " ? intheclub.gif

Good post. Happy Happy Happy.

(Let's hope Muamba is OK though too).