Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Torres puts the ball between the posts.

Bravo turnip!

Busted flush yet to be proved.

C'mon my son.

Wednesday night could be a blinder.

A brace against the minnows and the way he was rabbiting on you'd think he'd permed his hair.

The next Keegan methinks!

Nah. Comes from warmer water. Knows what it feels like... not imagining what it might feel like.

I think Chelsea could get a draw or better against City.

The way Citeh are playing you should go for a win. You certainly need the points.

Nah. Comes from warmer water. Knows what it feels like... not imagining what it might feel like.

I think Chelsea could get a draw or better against City.

The way Citeh are playing you should go for a win. You certainly need the points.

Agreed Smokie.

The departure of AVB is like a weight has been lifted.

John Terry hasn't recovered from his injury against Napoli so he won't be available tonight.I hope Luiz comes in to play alongside Ivanovic with Bosingwa at right back.His pace will be needed to counteract City's threat down the flank.It should be an entertaining game as both teams need to win.

It should be an entertaining game as both teams need to win.

We need to win more than you OG. You wouldn't want Man U to win the title would ya?biggrin.png

That goes without saying,Mr.B.I'm sure you can rustle up enough points to lift the title AFTER tonight,though.jerk.gif

It should be an entertaining game as both teams need to win.

We need to win more than you OG. You wouldn't want Man U to win the title would ya?biggrin.png

That goes without saying,Mr.B.I'm sure you can rustle up enough points to lift the title AFTER tonight,though.jerk.gif

I'm going to say we are going to win tonight, there will be goals but I feel with our current form things are picking up and confidence is growing with each game, the question is what will he do with Torres for this game?

I would play 4-4-2 with Drog and Torres up front, Danny Sturridge is a great young player with loads of talent but he is so selfish infront of goal when other players are in better positions.....3-2 win for the Chels tonight drunk.gif

Id also like to see Drogba and Torres up front,with Malouda.Mereiles Ramires and Essien behind. Mata Lampard Sturridge on the bench,back 4 Cole Luiz Cahill ivanovich.imho

2-3 Chelsea 48/1 on betfair not bad Seapokclap2.gif

I'm not sure that I would favour Malouda and Mereiles over Mata and Lampard, both players are more effective in big games, also Lamps is one goal away from 150 EPL goals, only midfielder to achieve that....LEGEND!

Id also like to see Drogba and Torres up front,with Malouda.Mereiles Ramires and Essien behind. Mata Lampard Sturridge on the bench,back 4 Cole Luiz Cahill ivanovich.imho

2-3 Chelsea 48/1 on betfair not bad Seapokclap2.gif

I'm not sure that I would favour Malouda and Mereiles over Mata and Lampard, both players are more effective in big games, also Lamps is one goal away from 150 EPL goals, only midfielder to achieve that....LEGEND!

What can i say. Mata is now half the player he was before January! Frank,i don,t like to slagg-off what was one our best players for over 8 years,but Your Times Up(especially in the big games),he is just too slow,recieving the ball tackling passing.He did nothing last night and nothing against Napoli except score the pen.

What can i say. Mata is now half the player he was before January!

What's his story? He looked great when he arrived. Haven't seen him (or Chelsea) play for a while, but last night i did and he seemed pretty off. Is Torres syndrome starting to rub off on the other players?

What can i say. Mata is now half the player he was before January!

What's his story? He looked great when he arrived. Haven't seen him (or Chelsea) play for a while, but last night i did and he seemed pretty off. Is Torres syndrome starting to rub off on the other players?

Mata's english has improved and he now probably realises what a vile collection of players he has to share a dressing room with!!laugh.png

• Like 1

It was a rearguard action for most of the game, mainly due to a bizarre team selection.If that's John Terry's idea of a team to win the match,he can carry on playing as far as I'm concerned! What was the thinking behind the decision to stick our best midfield player wide right? Ramires best serves the team in the centre of midfield with his surging runs at defences.And an engine room of Lampard,Mereiles and Mikel isn't going to get the pulses racing.So what are we left with? The same old problem,a slow footed,slow witted midfield whose only function was to get run over,during the game,and put the central defence under extreme pressure.Nasri's run for City's winner left Lampard toiling.Luiz and Cahill did extremely well in the circumstances.Bosingwa continues to baffle me.It's about time that someone should have told him that you never,under any circumstances,turn your back on your opponent when he has the ball.But then my old sports master taught me that at school.Mata showed again that he doesn't like to get involved in too many challenges.He looked like he was ready to come off at one stage.Torres struggled manfully up front against Richards and K.Toure but,when he was substituted by Drogba,there was a bit of dissent.Mereiles wasn't overly pleased either.Didn't De Matteo let them know that we've got a million games coming up and he needs all his players fresh?He shouldn't have to really,<deleted> footballers.

What of City?Well,they're not the finished article by a long chalk.Their early elimination from the Champions and Europa Leagues tell you that.Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper but he's a chancer.The back four isn't top class and their midfield leaves a lot to be desired.Without the creativity and inventiveness of David Silva,which was missing last night,they are ordinary.What isn't ordinary is their attack.Skill,imagination and pace everywhere giving Mancini an abundance of options.

The back four isn't top class

We didn't have Vincent Kompany or Lescott available

and their midfield leaves a lot to be desired.

Your havin a Giraffe aren't you?

Yep that last one left me a little baffled too. The oldgit writes well and knows his team but that was way off. Any midfield be be the lesser with Silva but regardless of that its probably the best in the country.

Nice analysis form old git, but the stuff at the end reminds me of my earlier days on the terraces. When you got beat, all that was left to you was to sing 'your still $hit and you know you are' angry.png

Nice analysis form old git, but the stuff at the end reminds me of my earlier days on the terraces. When you got beat, all that was left to you was to sing 'your still $hit and you know you are' angry.png

Just remember...while you were being pissed on by a carmine too lazy to go to the bogs, mrboj was way up high in the stands enjoying his prawn sarnie! biggrin.png

I thought Chelsea did OK for the first hour or so...then Citeh battered them.

Including Lescott who I don't rate at all.Kompany is good and has been a great signing for City.I don't remember Ya Ya Toure pulling up trees for the best club side in the world.What more do you want? I threw you a bouquet about your forward line!

Yep that last one left me a little baffled too. The oldgit writes well and knows his team but that was way off. Any midfield be be the lesser with Silva but regardless of that its probably the best in the country.

Being the best in the country makes them top class does it? Why didn't they,and United for that matter hoover up the European prizes if they are THAT good?

I was very disappointed with the game last night, we looked very sluggish, sat back far too deep and wasn't creative at all, Mata was getting bullied by Toure which he didnt like at all, Essien needs to lose about 2 stone get some speed back into his legs, I don't believe I'm saying this but I thought Mikel played ok compared to his usual displays. I was enjoying watching Torres put himself about, he was the only one showing some heart and determination but was on a losing battle against two what could easily pass as cruiser weight boxers. Must win now against Spurs, they haven't beaten us at the Bridge since 1990 in league so need go for the throat with that one.

I was very disappointed with the game last night, we looked very sluggish, sat back far too deep and wasn't creative at all, Mata was getting bullied by Toure which he didnt like at all, Essien needs to lose about 2 stone get some speed back into his legs, I don't believe I'm saying this but I thought Mikel played ok compared to his usual displays. I was enjoying watching Torres put himself about, he was the only one showing some heart and determination but was on a losing battle against two what could easily pass as cruiser weight boxers. Must win now against Spurs, they haven't beaten us at the Bridge since 1990 in league so need go for the throat with that one.

Beaten is the key word Seapok. Remember that on Saturday. violin.gif

Just remember...while you were being pissed on by a carmine too lazy to go to the bogs, mrboj was way up high in the stands enjoying his prawn sarnie! biggrin.png

You got a thing about seafood Smokie?

No problem. Me too.

You got a thing about seafood Smokie?

No problem. Me too.

Haha yeah I must have. My coquille st jacques was tasty today though.