Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Good luck to the Chavs tonight. If PSG play like they did in the first leg you'll need it. Can't see even your defence that is streets above other Prem ones this season holding a clean sheet.

Biggest test so far this season, but I'm sure Mo is up to the task and expect you to squeak through (on a Drogba penalty probably).

Will probably get up in the wee hours for this mouth-watering one, which I don't do normally for anyone but Arsenal.

Not wanting to put a fly in the ointment for Chelsea but i don't know where you're coming from here.

In the first leg Chelsea came away with a very credible draw and now hold a slight upper hand which is tailor made for Mourinho's deep lying midfield to suck PSG in high upper the pitch and then hit them hard on the break at the slightest moment they expose themselves going for the goal they must score.

Add to this the incredibly important Matic is back.

It'll be a tough game for sure but the balls in Chelsea's court.

• Like 1

Very nice and polite interpretation Carmen. As a Chelsea man. yep I belive we will go through but it is still on a knifes edge as PSG are more than capable of scoring. Sure ball is in our court with an away goal and a well earned score draw but, that away goal can easily be cancelled out and extra time is an extra half hour for PSG to score as, if they get a second we must, well score two more.

I see it as a tough but manageable one. Even if we score first, PSG have whole match to grab an equalliser and put it to extra time. Tough but manageable.

Would love to see Zouma in midfield tonight partnering Matic, one tracking Ibramovic when he goes deep, other tracking Matuidi. No better player in our squad for that jon than Zouma, since Mikel is defo out of the game.

Courtois,

Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, JT, Cahill,

Matic, Zouma, Fabregast (as a no 10) Hazard, WIllian

Costa.

Bench, from Cech, Oscar, Cuadrado, Ramierez, Remy Drogba, Fillipe Luis.

All down to Psg and there approach to the game............if they aren,t in any hurry to get the 1 goal that they need, that will suit us and it will be a.. long old 90mins+...it won,t be pretty.

lets hope your wrongbiggrin.png , such shame if players like hazards and or oscars game isnt 'allowed' to flow.

Good luck to the Chavs tonight. If PSG play like they did in the first leg you'll need it. Can't see even your defence that is streets above other Prem ones this season holding a clean sheet.

Biggest test so far this season, but I'm sure Mo is up to the task and expect you to squeak through (on a Drogba penalty probably).

Will probably get up in the wee hours for this mouth-watering one, which I don't do normally for anyone but Arsenal.

Not wanting to put a fly in the ointment for Chelsea but i don't know where you're coming from here.

In the first leg Chelsea came away with a very credible draw and now hold a slight upper hand which is tailor made for Mourinho's deep lying midfield to suck PSG in high upper the pitch and then hit them hard on the break at the slightest moment they expose themselves going for the goal they must score.

Instead it was a woeful performance and a game controlled by a team of ten men having had their best player wrongly sent off.

What a great advert for the premier league to see Chelsea players running from all corners of the pitch to do their upmost to get a player sent off. Costa in particular really puts himself over as a thoroughly vile individual. Runs a full fifty yards to have his say!

Not suppose to be anti Chelsea but more anti this type of behavior.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Instead it was a woeful performance and a game controlled by a team of ten men having had their best player wrongly sent off.

What a great advert for the premier league to see Chelsea players running from all corners of the pitch to do their upmost to get a player sent off. Costa in particular really puts himself over as a thoroughly vile individual. Runs a full fifty yards to have his say!

Terry stepped on Oscar's head in his rush to the ref to lobby for a sending off. This is Mourinho's team for better and worse.

One of the bravest performances you will ever see from a 10 man side.

Mr negativity, Mourinho and MY "fantastic" team as he is always telling us should grow some balls and how do they constantly get away with harassing referees.I know all teams do it but Chelsea are world leaders in that department.

Good luck to PSG ,the footballing world salutes you.

• Like 2

Sure we are out and deservedly so due to poor performance and defending at set pieces. Chelsea harrasing referee?, sorry mate they dont play in red and are from Manchester. Please do remove your head from your ass, gonna take some time as it is firmly lodged!

the real world leaders in that department.

FYI a bad performance that effects all of the PL due to co-efficiency rule (reason I support all English sides in European comps!)

Come on, City (I hope the do) are not going to eliminate Barcelona, Arsenal are out, defo out. Poor show for the PL with no teams in the QF's, 5 billion contract for TV rights and no representatives in Europes elite competition.

Sure we are out and deservedly so due to poor performance and defending at set pieces. Chelsea harrasing referee?, sorry mate they dont play in red and are from Manchester. Please do remove your head from your ass, gonna take some time as it is firmly lodged!

FYI a bad performance that effects all of the PL due to co-efficiency rule (reason I support all English sides in European comps!)

Come on, City (I hope the do) are not going to eliminate Barcelona, Arsenal are out, defo out. Poor show for the PL with no teams in the QF's, 5 billion contract for TV rights and no representatives in Europes elite competition.

Do you feel better trying to paint it as a defeat for all English clubs rather than a hapless Chelsea losing to ten men?

w00t.gif

• Like 1

Looking at the replays, it should have been a Chelsea red.

P'raps someone will now shut that Sky triumphal presenter up - he who is always sycophantically promoting "the Barclays Premiers League - the best league in the world"!

Second team within a week to be caught out underestimating their opponents and feeling a deep entitlement to progress, the first being Arsenal.

Like I said (Carms) - dangerous team PSG. Like I said (Carms) Man U have a good shout at top 4 this seasontongue.png. I'm not going to call who takes the top 4 slots by the end of the season though. Too much inconsistency abounds in all the top 6. If I had to I would say City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (assume the normal position) in that order.

• Like 1

P'raps someone will now shut that Sky triumphal presenter up - he who is always sycophantically promoting "the Barclays Premiers League - the best league in the world"!

Second team within a week to be caught out underestimating their opponents and feeling a deep entitlement to progress, the first being Arsenal.

Like I said (Carms) - dangerous team PSG. Like I said (Carms) Man U have a good shout at top 4 this seasontongue.png. I'm not going to call who takes the top 4 slots by the end of the season though. Too much inconsistency abounds in all the top 6. If I had to I would say City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (assume the normal position) in that order.

Well bravo santi, you did indeed say they were a dangerous side. To be fair,we all knew though though, but i, as i suspect many others thought this was tailor made for Mourinho to kill off the tie. I was also quite taken aback that the ref would not award such a blatant penalty to Chelsea. It was a certain penalty and Chelsea probably would have gone through whether they deserved it or not.

Yep Carms - agree about the pen. Different outcome? Not sure - Chelsea seemed itching to underestimate PSG. I'm sure PSG's 10 men would have got a goal and I doubt Chelsea would have pushed for a second given Mo's apparent appalling strategy. I loved the bit where Costas goes over to the touch line and says "hey boss - what the proverbial is going on here with the plan - the boys at the back aren't getting it through to me"

Thought the red card was not as undeserved as everyone seems to make out. He seemed to hit Oscar with both legs (but I only saw it twice - not watched any post-match stuff). Two feet is normally a red (can break legs) and two legs can have the same damaging effect; tackles are supposed to be made one-footed. I thought the ref had already made his mind up before the blues surrounded him. Can see why he called it but it was too marginal not to have given himself time to think a bit more about it and ask his assistants. Haven't seen all the post match analysis though.

Well bravo santi, you did indeed say they were a dangerous side. To be fair,we all knew though though, but i, as i suspect many others thought this was tailor made for Mourinho to kill off the tie. I was also quite taken aback that the ref would not award such a blatant penalty to Chelsea. It was a certain penalty and Chelsea probably would have gone through whether they deserved it or not.

And the red missed sending off Costa.

• Like 1

Yep Carms - agree about the pen. Different outcome? Not sure - Chelsea seemed itching to underestimate PSG. I'm sure PSG's 10 men would have got a goal and I doubt Chelsea would have pushed for a second given Mo's apparent appalling strategy. I loved the bit where Costas goes over to the touch line and says "hey boss - what the proverbial is going on here with the plan - the boys at the back aren't getting it through to me"

Thought the red card was not as undeserved as everyone seems to make out. He seemed to hit Oscar with both legs (but I only saw it twice - not watched any post-match stuff). Two feet is normally a red (can break legs) and two legs can have the same damaging effect; tackles are supposed to be made one-footed. I thought the ref had already made his mind up before the blues surrounded him. Can see why he called it but it was too marginal not to have given himself time to think a bit more about it and ask his assistants. Haven't seen all the post match analysis though.

Oh Santi. Oscar had his studs up. He should have gone.

Do you feel better trying to paint it as a defeat for all English clubs rather than a hapless Chelsea losing to ten men?

w00t.gif

Not a good result for us being out of any Euro Competition so early but certainly does not help any top 4 sides (especially us) due to aforementioned co-efficiency. I do think FA/PL should help the top 6/7 sides that are in Euro competitions. beaten by 10 men, is irrelevant, could have been eliminated by a 5 a side team for all I care. Out is out and quite possibly no teams gathering co-efficiency points for the PL in the quarter finals of the elite competition as City and Arsenal have huge tasks ahead of them.

I do like how Seri A and Bundesliga help their teams in top competitions. Still, For Chelsea, no excuses as we had 6 days and 7 days to prepare for the CL pre-qf ties due to being out of the cup.

Just my 2 cents worth, mate, IF you don't defend well, you dont deserve to win, simple as that.

w00t.gif

Not a good result for us being out of any Euro Competition so early but certainly does not help any top 4 sides (especially us) due to aforementioned co-efficiency. I do think FA/PL should help the top 6/7 sides that are in Euro competitions. beaten by 10 men, is irrelevant, could have been eliminated by a 5 a side team for all I care. Out is out and quite possibly no teams gathering co-efficiency points for the PL in the quarter finals of the elite competition as City and Arsenal have huge tasks ahead of them.

I do like how Seri A and Bundesliga help their teams in top competitions. Still, For Chelsea, no excuses as we had 6 days and 7 days to prepare for the CL pre-qf ties due to being out of the cup.

Just my 2 cents worth, mate, IF you don't defend well, you dont deserve to win, simple as that.

The Swansea performance aside, I don't think we have been playing that well since the Newcastle defeat in early December.

• Like 1

I would say of the top leagues, the Prem is the most competitive and exiting. <deleted> pissed off (and me being Half Spanish) hearing the Spanish commentators always, and every 10 mins saying best in the world..two horse race, apart from last season!

Officialy Speaking via Coefficiency Rule

1) La liga,

2) The Prem,

3) Bundasliga

4th Serie a

Prem has only 3 out of 7 teams still in European comps, Serie A has 6 out of 6. If Germans do well and Italians do a bit of catch up, the Prem may lose a CL slot and be down to 3 teams (hence my concern over a lack of representatives in euro comps)

• Like 1

I would say of the top leagues, the Prem is the most competitive and exiting. <deleted> pissed off (and me being Half Spanish) hearing the Spanish commentators always, and every 10 mins saying best in the world..two horse race, apart from last season!

Officialy Speaking via Coefficiency Rule

1) La liga,

2) The Prem,

3) Bundasliga

4th Serie a

Prem has only 3 out of 7 teams still in European comps, Serie A has 6 out of 6. If Germans do well and Italians do a bit of catch up, the Prem may lose a CL slot and be down to 3 teams (hence my concern over a lack of representatives in euro comps)

Don't be stupid, the Premier League is there because it is quite simply the most watched league on the planet.

UEFA aren't going to cut their noses off to spite their faces, and neither are all the other participants that profit from it.