Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A good article in the Daily Fail (if you can get it) about the Chelsea youth set up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937796/It-s-not-quite-Jody-Morris-cleaning-Dennis-Wise-s-boots-Chelsea-filling-youth-teams-local-heroes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Nothing guaranteed, but promising all the same........

There's a block on it over here,mjj.

Are there still people who don't know how to get to the Daily Mule?

biggrin.png

It's not a paper I bother with, preferring the Guardian but come on Chico old chap, enlighten me!

Yeah you rascal, I know you only want to access blueys,

wink.png

• Like 1

A good article in the Daily Fail (if you can get it) about the Chelsea youth set up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937796/It-s-not-quite-Jody-Morris-cleaning-Dennis-Wise-s-boots-Chelsea-filling-youth-teams-local-heroes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Do they teach them about Zonal Marking mjj ?

Arf, arf, arf!

Do they teach them about Zonal Marking mjj ?

Arf, arf, arf!

Welcome back mjj !

• Like 1

Juan Cuadrado's addition all we need is a Centre Half (Mats Hummels?) a top notch left back and another killer striker and Euro domination is ours

(possible players to make way, Cahil, Mikel, Drogba (Retirement!))

You don't want much do you!! Why not throw in Ronaldo and Messi too.

Juan Cuadrado's addition all we need is a Centre Half (Mats Hummels?) a top notch left back and another killer striker and Euro domination is ours

(possible players to make way, Cahil, Mikel, Drogba (Retirement!))

You don't want much do you!! Why not throw in Ronaldo and Messi too.

No thanks, we already have better players than those two :-P A quality centre half (Hummels prefered!) a quality striker to back up costa and a left back is not asking two much - Liverpool and a trophy is asking too much!

After looking like we were going to saunter through this game, once again we sit back and allow the opposition to gain confidence and get back into the match. A terrific volley by Ivanovic to see Villa off, prompted Trevor Francis to proclaim "he's the best right back in the Premier League". Well, scoring a good goal still doesn't eradicate the sight of seeing him skinned too many times for pace for my liking. Ofcourse he's strong and if he manages to get his body between the ball and the opposition, they've got no chance but, one on one against a nippy winger, he gets squared up too many times. As a centre back, however, he's one of the best.

• Like 1

After looking like we were going to saunter through this game, once again we sit back and allow the opposition to gain confidence and get back into the match. A terrific volley by Ivanovic to see Villa off, prompted Trevor Francis to proclaim "he's the best right back in the Premier League". Well, scoring a good goal still doesn't eradicate the sight of seeing him skinned too many times for pace for my liking. Ofcourse he's strong and if he manages to get his body between the ball and the opposition, they've got no chance but, one on one against a nippy winger, he gets squared up too many times. As a centre back, however, he's one of the best.

We seem to be developing a knack for making very very poor to average teams .....look good ....on a far too regular basis facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

We seem to be developing a knack for making very very poor to average teams .....look good ....on a far too regular basis facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I agree with that, Keith. You can also put City in that bracket to a certain extent. It seems as though we get bored when it becomes to easy. Against Swansea however, they allowed us to play and tried to match us for skill and came unstuck.

I agree with that, Keith. You can also put City in that bracket to a certain extent. It seems as though we get bored when it becomes to easy. Against Swansea however, they allowed us to play and tried to match us for skill and came unstuck.

Seem to remember you lot trying to do at White Hart Lane and coming unstuck OG!!! w00t.gif

Seem to remember you lot trying to do at White Hart Lane and coming unstuck OG!!! w00t.gif

You ought to be thanking us, as that result helped kick start your season. Joking aside, you were alight that day. The problem is, teams that win championships are on blob most of the time and not when it suits them.

Nice win Vs Villa now time for victory vs Everton and with a bit of luck Stoke will snatch a draw vs City

Team I'd play, starting XI

Courtois,

Fillipe Luis Terry, Zouma, Azpilicueta.

Matic, Fabregast, Hazard Cuadrado Oscar

Remy.

Subs from Cech, Cahil. Ivanovic, Ramierez, Willian, Drogba, Ake

Where there's a Will there's a way! Out of jail last min winner. Moments and wins like that go along way to winning the title! Don't know about you guys but some of our players have looked jaded as of late.

Next up PSG away must do better, Score draw should be fine! (better than last season 3-1 reversal!) Then Burnley followed by a cup final!

Where there's a Will there's a way! Out of jail last min winner. Moments and wins like that go along way to winning the title! Don't know about you guys but some of our players have looked jaded as of late.

Next up PSG away must do better, Score draw should be fine! (better than last season 3-1 reversal!) Then Burnley followed by a cup final!

Oscar is well below his best form at the moment and I was pleased to see him left out. That was a good game of football, in which Everton played their part. Cuadrado's first start was adequate without setting the place alight. He's feeling his way into the Mourinho style of play. Willian and Matic were outstanding throughout while Azpilicueta had a decent game.

Happy to see Oscar rested and despite his brilliance I would nt mind seeing Hazard rested (Vs Burnley) as this is the business end of the season with Champions league ties, cup finals and vital PL matches. Still nice to have a weekend rest prior to match Vs PSG, which will no doubt be a tricky away tie. Oddly the Burnley match becomes a vital must win in order for us to remain a minimum 4 points clear of city and with a game in hand. With a bit of luck there will also be a weekend with no matches in March while everyone else plays in the cup.

Retrospective punishment of Ivanovic would be harsh considering Van Persies elbow!

talk about a game of 2 halfs,first half good solid game by both teams,chelsea scored a good well worked goal.

second half only 1 team came out to play PSG,they where very unlucky not to win 3-1.

only the chelsea goalie deserved to get paid,the rest of them i wouldnt pay them with rusty washers.

talk about a game of 2 halfs,first half good solid game by both teams,chelsea scored a good well worked goal.

second half only 1 team came out to play PSG,they where very unlucky not to win 3-1.

only the chelsea goalie deserved to get paid,the rest of them i wouldnt pay them with rusty washers.

They played to a strategy and the job was done. Think you missed the point.

• Like 2

its no wonder footballs going down the pan.get the point.facepalm.gif

A typically resilient team performance is what earned us the draw against a talented PSG team. The first half was strange considering PSG were the home team, with Chelsea being allowed to stroke the ball along the defensive line and in midfield, while PSG stood off and attempted to do us on the counter attack. Once the goal came, from a deft flick by Cahill to Ivanovic to nod home, the whole thing changed. PSG squeezed up and put the defence under pressure. They have players who are pacy and have quick feet, so Chelsea had to concentrate in the penalty area to repel the onslaught. Something they didn't do, which allowed Cavani to peel off Matic to head the equaliser.

I thought Ibrahimovic was superb on the night. He won every ball that was whipped in from the flanks, and his footwork and deft touches were brilliant. Cahill and Terry were clinging on by their finger tips against him. The one thing that doesn't make him a 'great' player is that he doesn't work hard enough.

Our best player was Matic, who covered every blade of grass to anticipate and block any potential danger. Courtois brought off some crucial saves to keep us in it. Hazard spent more time on his arse than on his two feet. He must have been fouled fifty times, nothing malicious but little niggly ankle taps and trips. This is a tie that is on a knife edge.

Agreed , Chelsea more happier to get a away goal and a draw .

Still a fairly ballanced tie as I see PSG scoring at the bridge! question is will we get two? Decent performance considering two (fabregast and costa) were lacking match sharpnessafter not playing for 3 weeks.. and it showed.

I do wonder if Zouma will get the nod ahead of Cahill for the return match in 3 weeks time.

Still a fairly ballanced tie as I see PSG scoring at the bridge! question is will we get two? Decent performance considering two (fabregast and costa) were lacking match sharpnessafter not playing for 3 weeks.. and it showed.

I do wonder if Zouma will get the nod ahead of Cahill for the return match in 3 weeks time.

Terry's lack of pace is a worry too. His organisational skills are second to none but he's devoid of foot and is now showing the wear and tear of years of football. If or when we progress in this competition, he could get shown up. The Champions League is in another parish,classwise, to the Premier League. I just hope Mourinho is planning ahead for his departure which could be at the end of this season.

I like Zouma as well DM. He reminds me of Desailly, quick and disciplined.

• Like 1

Terry's lack of pace is a worry too. His organisational skills are second to none but he's devoid of foot and is now showing the wear and tear of years of football. If or when we progress in this competition, he could get shown up. The Champions League is in another parish,classwise, to the Premier League. I just hope Mourinho is planning ahead for his departure which could be at the end of this season.

JT never had the pace and got a bit slower but his reading of the game and positionality more than makes up for the couple of yards he has lost. I do reckon he got 2 season in him, perhaps even a 3rd as a bit part player due to his leadership, organisation and influence. Certainly bring on the likes of Zouma, Christiansen and Kalas and turn them in much better players.

Still read and watched on Spanish sports paper Marca about our hottest prospect an 8 year old that looks like David Luis's love child!

http://www.marca.com/2015/02/18/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1424269930.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=facebookCM

JT never had the pace and got a bit slower but his reading of the game and positionality more than makes up for the couple of yards he has lost. I do reckon he got 2 season in him, perhaps even a 3rd as a bit part player due to his leadership, organisation and influence. Certainly bring on the likes of Zouma, Christiansen and Kalas and turn them in much better players.

Still read and watched on Spanish sports paper Marca about our hottest prospect an 8 year old that looks like David Luis's love child!

http://www.marca.com/2015/02/18/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1424269930.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=facebookCM

Those pink boots will have to be binned first.

• Like 1

Those pink boots will have to be binned first.

hahahahahahaha brilliant!

On Christiansen, I think he can be loaned as per next season as young players have to be in a country 3 years playing before age of 20 under UEFA rules to be considered home grown. UEFA rules state 5 home grown players have to be included in CL and EL squads. The reason Kalas had to be loaned out as Cristiansen's father was talking of having his son leave Chelsea if he was n't moved up to first team squad, that coupled with fact he could nt be loaned out meant someone had to be. I do think Kalas, an internationalist with Czech republic, is a great defender no youngster at 23/24 years old!

Sadly there is a lack of Englishmen in our team but then no world class talent in general comming through in England, a left back in Luke shaw but who else?