Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

The Chelsea statement added: "There has been universal condemnation of the reckless challenge made by Ashley Barnes on Matic and it is the club's view that he has been unjustly punished with a two-match ban for his reaction to a career-threatening tackle."

Tackle !!!! there was no tackle, must have been watching another game smile.png

• Like 2

So according to FA rules, A stamp is a restrospective 3 match ban, a push/shove is 2 matches but career threatening over the ball lunge is an unpunishable offense.

Over the ball lunge !! he'd just passed the ball away, there was no lunging ! are you sure you were watching the same game ? have a look again !

Let me just make some points :

From the first angle he doesn't look like he even caught him so if that was the same angle as the ref saw you can understand how he missed it.

The motion of his leg making a pass brought his boot up ( admittedly he might of bought his boot up a bit higher than he need to) and Matic running into him made it look worse.

Standing on one leg, there is no way that Barnes could generate any power ( you try it), it's not like he was running into Matic with speed and went over the top.

If he caught Matic so badly why wasn't Matic injured ?

In these instances you can normally tell from the reaction of the other players and staff how bad it was, why did not one Chelsea player go towards Barnes after the incident and apparently none of the staff jumped up and down either ? and for Terry not to do this it couldn't have looked too bad ! in fact the Chelsea players only reacted when Matic got out of his pram !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SOD9SQ6XL0 on this vid, even the commentator didn't say much until Matic jumped up !

So according to FA rules, A stamp is a restrospective 3 match ban, a push/shove is 2 matches but career threatening over the ball lunge is an unpunishable offense.

Over the ball lunge !! he'd just passed the ball away, there was no lunging ! are you sure you were watching the same game ? have a look again !

From the first angle he doesn't look like he even caught him so if that was the same angle as the ref saw you can understand how he missed it.

The motion of his leg making a pass brought his boot up ( admittedly he might of bought his boot up a bit higher than he need to) and Matic running into him made it look worse.

Standing on one leg, there is no way that Barnes could generate any power ( you try it), it's not like he was running into Matic with speed and went over the top.

In these instances you can normally tell from the reaction of the other players and staff how bad it was, why did not one Chelsea player go towards Barnes after the incident and apparently none of the staff jumped up and down either ? and for Terry not to do this it couldn't have looked too bad ! in fact the Chelsea players only reacted when Matic got out of his pram !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SOD9SQ6XL0 on this vid, even the commentator didn't say much until Matic jumped up !

As the comentator immediately said."very poor challange by Barnes in the first place" and the pundits (Sheerer) put it "dangerous horrible naughty terrible tackle"

Over the top of the ball and going in like that is violent conduct, straight red or a retrospective red card. Fact.

Well the whinging one is off on one again,the truth is your team can dish it out but can't take it back,John Terry one of the dirtiest whinging players in the premier league, Costa the dirtiest player ever to play in the Premier league. Face facts you were bested by little old Burnley,expecting 4-0 5-0 and in the end Burnley could have won it if it had been on Ing's right foot.It was not a tackle it was a pass to another team mate,and the follow through of his momentum acting with Matic attempting to block (which was so late) that is why the collision occured. What does the whining one want next, how about going back over 20 years and asking the FA to ban Vinny Jones from acting or football for something that happened in the pastand we are now talking about something in the past. The match has finished,history will show a 1-1 draw and 2 dropped points So get over it your manager is nothing more than a whinging brown nose <deleted> who cannot accept little old BURNLEY shoved it up em Stick to calling bingo numbers you arrogant portuguese tosser. UTC and loving it

Where can you start with a <deleted> like this?

The nose.............or the chin

• Like 2

Home defeats by City and Arsenal looks like Chelsea may be Englands only hope in the CL, rather disappionting as I do like to see 4 sides in the quarters every season and a couple in the semis ever 2 or 3 seasons. Defo like to see the FA and PL big bosses doing something to imporve the PL's status and performance in European competitions like pull fixtures forward from the Saturday to wednesday allow a week to prepare or go like the bundasliga, and have an 18 team top flight (remeber we did cut from 22 teams before) and like bundasliga, la liga and serie a nice little winters break 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

As the comentator immediately said."very poor challange by Barnes in the first place" and the pundits (Sheerer) put it "dangerous horrible naughty terrible tackle"

Over the top of the ball and going in like that is violent conduct, straight red or a retrospective red card. Fact.

You havn't answered my questions !!!

How can he go over the top of the ball when he has just passed it away ? going in !!!! he was standing still &lt;deleted&gt;.

Don't get me wrong it was obviously a foul and a certain yellow card but I just don't think it was as bad as people are saying and lets face it if it wasn't for Matic being such a dick and getting sent off then no one would be talking about it now !

Home defeats by City and Arsenal looks like Chelsea may be Englands only hope in the CL, rather disappionting as I do like to see 4 sides in the quarters every season and a couple in the semis ever 2 or 3 seasons. Defo like to see the FA and PL big bosses doing something to imporve the PL's status and performance in European competitions like pull fixtures forward from the Saturday to wednesday allow a week to prepare or go like the bundasliga, and have an 18 team top flight (remeber we did cut from 22 teams before) and like bundasliga, la liga and serie a nice little winters break 2-3 weeks.

Much too much sanity and not enough greed in those sentiments Derek.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly. I do wish some would wake up and smell the coffee! the posibility of having zero PL sides in the QF's of the CL is a very real possibility. Even if Chelsea manage a 0-0 or home win having just 1 PL side in the last 8 is a poor show for a league that generates ..what multi billion GBP for TV rights alone.

Alfie Conn..agree to disagree rather than go on and on and on...btw are you the Ex footballer of the same name?

Thank you kindly. I do wish some would wake up and smell the coffee! the posibility of having zero PL sides in the QF's of the CL is a very real possibility. Even if Chelsea manage a 0-0 or home win having just 1 PL side in the last 8 is a poor show for a league that generates ..what multi billion GBP for TV rights alone.

Alfie Conn..agree to disagree rather than go on and on and on...btw are you the Ex footballer of the same name?

I don't think even Alfie DM, with his inflated ego, would have the temerity to show his true identity, would he?

The 'global brand' gathers apace. The club have just signed a new sponsorship deal, for the 2015/2016 season, with Yokohama Rubber worth 43 M pounds. This dwarfs the previous deal for this season with Samsung. They are supposed to be one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in the world, although I've never heard of them. However, never being a car freak, that's no surprise.

laugh.png

Fair enough, but it would have been nice if you'd answered the questions whistling.gif

No, it's just a coincidence that we have the same name laugh.png

laugh.png

Fair enough, but it would have been nice if you'd answered the questions whistling.gif

No, it's just a coincidence that we have the same name laugh.png

To be polite. First question, I am not a medic or medical profession so I am not qualified to answer that. You would be surprised how easy it is to break a bone or get a serious injury, I know I am a clumsy sod and rather accident prone! (we are talking double digits for number of operations here! and I am only in my 30's).

Second question, I think perhaps they were shocked and stunned but the incident, not just the first part by Barnes by by Matic's reaction.

Lets not continue (PM if you wish) and bore people with something that happened for one second a week ago.

The 'global brand' gathers apace. The club have just signed a new sponsorship deal, for the 2015/2016 season, with Yokohama Rubber worth 43 M pounds. This dwarfs the previous deal for this season with Samsung. They are supposed to be one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in the world, although I've never heard of them. However, never being a car freak, that's no surprise.

You never heard Sir-Mix-A-Lot with Mudhoney's - Freak Momma? "We can peel out on these Yokohamas" thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You never heard Sir-Mix-A-Lot with Mudhoney's - Freak Momma? "We can peel out on these Yokohamas" thumbsup.gif

Big deal, help a lot with balancing of the books and FFP rules. Oddly I did hear or read something about Hull getting a bit of bother from UEFA over breaching FFP rules! not as if they will be playing in Europe anytime soon!. What about City, Barcelona, PSG!

Still celebratory cup winning pint will be at the ready for revenge over the 2008 defeat in same competition.

Team for me Starting XI

Courtois

Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahil, Ivanovic.

Ramierez, Mikel, Fabregast Willian. Hazard

Costa.

Bench from Cech, Oscar, Zouma, Cuadrado, Drogba, Fillipe Luis. Ake.

I'm going for 2-1 win. Goals from Costa and Hazard and Harry Kane for Spurs.

Sorry Bob but that's way off my radar as well.

Ramires most important player for us today imho...........if he runs round like a headless chicken and gets an early yellow we are in big trouble..............if he can stay calm and do his job he could be a game changer.

Got the low-down on my ticket courtesey of LR...i,m with the wags wifes family and friends section inline with the penalty area, right-hand side of the presentation area (left of the royal box as shown on tv) so no heckling from me then..................Nah!!!! do your job and i,m as good as gold,but &lt;deleted&gt; up and.......w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

Well done Chelsea. Textbook Mourinho performance....nick a goal, sit deep, defend well....

This was my main fear and the first goal was crucial because for all our possession, huff and puff i don't think we really troubled Cech bar the Eriksen free kick. We needed to open up Chelsea but we couldn't.

I also thought Mourinho was quite gracious in victory which was unexpected but then again it really was a very good day for Chelsea wasn't it!!

• Like 1

Well done Chelsea. Textbook Mourinho performance....nick a goal, sit deep, defend well....

This was my main fear and the first goal was crucial because for all our possession, huff and puff i don't think we really troubled Cech bar the Eriksen free kick. We needed to open up Chelsea but we couldn't.

I also thought Mourinho was quite gracious in victory which was unexpected but then again it really was a very good day for Chelsea wasn't it!!

He's always gracious when they win, obviously not so when they lose whistling.gif

He's always gracious when they win, obviously not so when they lose whistling.gif

I dont agree. He is not everybodys cup of tea and he can be an annoying##### at times. But when Chelsea got beat by Bradford, he went into the Bradford changing room and congratulated and shook hands with each Bradford player.

I actually like the guy. Dont like Chelsea, but lots of respect for Mourinho.

• Like 1

A good result and a good day all round for us. We may not be as technically gifted as most of the Spurs team, but we make that up in work rate. There wasn't a fag paper between the two teams, other than some sloppy defending leading to Terry's goal.

I dont agree. He is not everybodys cup of tea and he can be an annoying##### at times. But when Chelsea got beat by Bradford, he went into the Bradford changing room and congratulated and shook hands with each Bradford player.

I actually like the guy. Dont like Chelsea, but lots of respect for Mourinho.

Well that ses it all biggrin.png

Yeah.....great day all round thumbsup.gif Got me complimentary plastic flag as well biggrin.png. Terry and Zouma were the standouts for me. Terry had a shocker against Kane at whl and he made sure that wasn,t gonna happen again and Zouma was everywhere. Back to work on wednesday night.......no time for slacking against a team that is still smarting from getting done at home.

• Like 1

After the Lord Mayor,s show............got away with that,although Costa should have put the game beyond West Ham.........lazy &lt;deleted&gt;. Then Will i an who continues to frustrate the kucf out of me should also have scored.............hit the thucking thing ughhhhhhh Oscar yet again was totally inept............if it wasn,t for Hazard and the back 6,we would be in trouble.

Still 3 points ground out the hard way and Psg up next. blink.png

nice couple of days two wins 3 points and a trophy to boot. If only we could play London teams every week! cheesy.gif

Still I am not claiming the PL title yet, another few wins before I claim that one. 5 points and 11 matches to go. 29 points out of remaining 33

is a tall order. Champers on ice, at least this side of easter (for the time being).

Next up PSG at home, a goal is required and perhaps a clean sheet too.

nice couple of days two wins 3 points and a trophy to boot. If only we could play London teams every week! cheesy.gif

Still I am not claiming the PL title yet, another few wins before I claim that one. 5 points and 11 matches to go. 29 points out of remaining 33

is a tall order. Champers on ice, at least this side of easter (for the time being).

Steady on DM. Some judges were saying that we would have it all tied up before Christmas and they were wrong! It was the best thing that could happen, when the rule was changed to three points for a win instead of two. Nobody could get complacent after that. There's still a long way to go and more than enough twists and turns in store.

• Like 1

After the Lord Mayor,s show............got away with that,although Costa should have put the game beyond West Ham.........lazy <deleted>. Then Will i an who continues to frustrate the kucf out of me should also have scored.............hit the thucking thing ughhhhhhh Oscar yet again was totally inept............if it wasn,t for Hazard and the back 6,we would be in trouble.

Still 3 points ground out the hard way and Psg up next. blink.png

True Keith. Oscar didn't contribute anything to the game, except some fancy flicks and turns, which invariably went astray. Mourinho must be wondering how he ever thought that the team would be built around him. Something must be wrong for him to go backwards, the way he has. A crashing disappointment this season.

Steady on DM. Some judges were saying that we would have it all tied up before Christmas and they were wrong! It was the best thing that could happen, when the rule was changed to three points for a win instead of two. Nobody could get complacent after that. There's still a long way to go and more than enough twists and turns in store.

Exactly what I am saying, steady on as the last half dozen matches are tricky few wins under our belts before then and win that game in hand and keep or increase that 5 point gap are required before I'll uncork the champers - don't want them two equalisers by lamps and RVP to come back and haunt us!

• Like 1

Good luck to the Chavs tonight. If PSG play like they did in the first leg you'll need it. Can't see even your defence that is streets above other Prem ones this season holding a clean sheet.

Biggest test so far this season, but I'm sure Mo is up to the task and expect you to squeak through (on a Drogba penalty probably).

Will probably get up in the wee hours for this mouth-watering one, which I don't do normally for anyone but Arsenal.