Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Thats what he's doing , grinding out the remainder of the season as the others falter. Can't blame him really but i'd rather not watch it tbh.

don,t watch it,no ones holding a gun against your head to do so

the dogs dinner that spuds serve up against burnley y/day,had me reaching for remote control off button,after 30 mins

@ old git

yes E/S is the happy one, ever since the special one returned home, i was absoulately gutted when he left

all players are putting a shift in, perhaps not early season form,but you can see the solidarity is there

as the special one said a one goal diifference win,at this delicate stage of the season,is as good as a 10 .0. win in the early part of the season

i expect us to drop 6 points from here on in,.good enuff for the title to be back at the bridgesmile.pngbiggrin.png

QPR is a tricky one next sunday, we seem to to lose our cool against them, and the manure hits the fan

go chelseasmile.png

@derek..if the governor is fit,he will have the nod over remy ..REASON..the governor,s presence,leading the line,running the channells,has all EPl defenders crapping in their pants

his overall contribution lifts his teamates to boot,, but remy is a fine back up,the special one has highlighted his professionalism ,week in week out, and jose is not one to express as such, unless it is truly warranted

The way Costa hobbled off, it looks like a season ending injury to me. Remy is doing well which is more than I can say for people like Ivanovic, Cahill, Fabregas and Oscar. They look like they couldn't raise a gallop. It's fortunate that we've faced two teams recently that are as devoid of pace as we are, and with QPR on the horizon, that's the three slowest outfits in the League in quick succession. It's a pity we aren't facing West Brom the week after, because that would have been a nice win accumulator. Lescott is as slow as I am.

If Mourinho's got any sense, he'll be playing Zouma alongside Terry against Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Palace who have got players with pace to burn and Ramires with Matic in holding midfield.

Anyway, E/S what is the name of that horse on your monicker?

Clipart

f.a cup exit..a massive gaffe by the special one..get real

that tie was sandwiched in between the two titanic semifinal legs with liverpool,

c/sea had the usual pile up matchs over the xmas,n/y period leading up to the first leg

then had collossal match with m/city directly after the second leg

the bradford cup tie was a excellent opportunity for a large rotation that jose done, sadly the players who were brought in did not step up to the plate on that nite

if c/sea did.nt have the liverpool matchs,the usual trusted 8 ,9, 10, or 11 players (who cares what number)would have started

I respect your opinion 100% just as valid as anothers.

I wish not to use swear words on this string but R*fa B*nitez had no such troubles with rotation and fixture pile up while fighting on 3 fronts FA cup, CL qualification via league position, and of course Europa League, we could add league cup too as we were semi finalists, world clubs cup and so on plus Xmas fixture pile up as well as cup replays we were involved in!

Bradford match? massive gaffe, well those are your words not mine I simply said over rotation. Having the tie inbetween two matches with Liverpool is incidental and not an excuse for over rotation against a side that were League cup finalists and known giant killers!

I must add in hindsight I did suspect the Happy one may have thrown that tie inorder to get free weekend prior PSG matches (not saying he did, just that I suspected it!)

Of course JM get medical reports from the staff on a regular basis, still does nt explain why he took risks with players that were so un fit they did not train prior to certain matches.

YEP Enjoying the final furlong, title in sight, Next up QPR, may not be an easy match being a derby and on one of the smallest pitches in the league, narrow and short 100m x 60m wide.

• Like 1

Cant pick Sundays starting 11.........not a <deleted> clue.........wouldn,t have Fabreghast playing in this game though.....especially in his face mask..........has to be Ramires and Zouma playing with Matic,if Jose is gonna go the negative route. I,d settle for an ugly 3 points though.

Cant pick Sundays starting 11.........not a <deleted> clue.........wouldn,t have Fabreghast playing in this game though.....especially in his face mask..........has to be Ramires and Zouma playing with Matic,if Jose is gonna go the negative route. I,d settle for an ugly 3 points though.

ugly 3 points is Jose's mantra, why wouldn't have Fabregas playing?

ugly 3 points is Jose's mantra, why wouldn't have Fabregas playing?

Pitch is too small for his passing game and space will be hard to find in what will be a very physical game...... and he has the added distraction of worrying about protecting his broken hooter............and i,m sick to death of seeing him standing flat-footed as some total carthorse leaves him for dead when we are parked outside the oppo,s penalty area.........facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Thanks Ups but I've never heard of Clipart! Was he an American horse?

I don't think so OG. Maybe you are thinking of Smarty Jones.smile.png

Now come on boys. You know you shouldn't make fun of your elders.

The thing is OG, in the prediction comp you are more computer savvy than some of the youngsters thumbsup.gif

BTW. Clipart are packages that come with the likes of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint etc and are basically drawings/pictures that are readily available to paste into you document.

post-19542-0-40570500-1428724437_thumb.j

post-19542-0-76260700-1428724453_thumb.j

never in doubtsmile.png

GO CHELSEA

That was vile. If you can see beyond the result, there are some players that are simply going through the motions. They looked like they'd already played 90 minutes before they entered the fray.

• Like 1

Thanks Ups but I've never heard of Clipart! Was he an American horse?

I don't think so OG. Maybe you are thinking of Smarty Jones.smile.png

Now come on boys. You know you shouldn't make fun of your elders.

The thing is OG, in the prediction comp you are more computer savvy than some of the youngsters thumbsup.gif

BTW. Clipart are packages that come with the likes of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint etc and are basically drawings/pictures that are readily available to paste into you document.

attachicon.gifClip art1.JPG

attachicon.gifClip Art 2.JPG

bo makes clip art sound like half the

prems transfer policies,, !!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

never in doubtsmile.png

GO CHELSEA

Was in doubt for 88 of the 90 mins. Neck and neck along the final furlong, neck in front prior to a photo finish!

I could swear blind you get in for half price 'cos you don't watch the other 11 players! cheesy.gif

Still 3 point on the board, 4 more wins and we will put the title on parade. must do better Vs United, the on form side over last 6 PL matches on goal difference over Arsenal, who are the real on form side with 7 wins out of 7..mean while City lingering just above relataion zone 6 ponts, via 2 wins last 6 matches with 4 defeats..

&lt;deleted&gt; happened to city?

Win Ugly........boy that was an understatement. Dave is looking more and more uncomfortable playing at LB............reminds me of a supermarket trolley where the back wheels are going in a different direction to the font....barely crabbing along the touchline.ughhhh

• Like 2

Chelsea having the same problems as last year in breaking teams down. Hopefully against Utd and Arsenal we will be able to catch the on the break. Ugly football at the moment, but if we win our next 3 games, we will be champions.

Maybe some of these guys can ge drafted in....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15116/9804290/chelseas-uefa-youth-league-winning-stars-of-the-future

Nice win.

Win Ugly........boy that was an understatement. Dave is looking more and more uncomfortable playing at LB............reminds me of a supermarket trolley where the back wheels are going in a different direction to the font....barely crabbing along the touchline.ughhhh

Not 100% sure that is Azipilicueta's fault. Keeping, pulling the full backs tight to centre half's (when defending) tends to be Mou's defensive strategy with the wingers, hugging the touchline, Still I would nt accuse Dave of being world class on either side, Average at best on that level, both defensively and in attack, again on either side.

.reminds me of a supermarket trolley where the back wheels are going in a different direction to the font

Class. Brilliant! cheesy.gif

Chelsea having the same problems as last year in breaking teams down. Hopefully against Utd and Arsenal we will be able to catch the on the break. Ugly football at the moment, but if we win our next 3 games, we will be champions.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15116/9804290/chelseas-uefa-youth-league-winning-stars-of-the-future

Nice win.

I wonder if that will make us the earliest ever winners of the PL. Two drawn VS Utd and Arsenal, Two wins Vs Leicester and Palace and all required is a Draw at home vs Liverpool, or 1 point from remaining 3 matches...Still must be the longest occupiers of top spot ever! No 1 from start to finish! right from day 1! more more PL record for the books, along side highest points ever (95), highest scorers 103, least goals conceeded, most 1-0 wins ever!

Nice win.

Barcelona won the UEFA Youth Cup the previous year. Plenty of raw, exciting talent there for the future but, the big imponderable is, have they got the MENTAL strength and fortitude to make it into the top? That means, knuckling down and sidestepping outside distractions that will inevitably come their way and, more importantly, get the right people behind them to give sound advice.

Nice win.

I wonder if that will make us the earliest ever winners of the PL. Two drawn VS Utd and Arsenal, Two wins Vs Leicester and Palace and all required is a Draw at home vs Liverpool, or 1 point from remaining 3 matches...Still must be the longest occupiers of top spot ever! No 1 from start to finish! right from day 1! more more PL record for the books, along side highest points ever (95), highest scorers 103, least goals conceeded, most 1-0 wins ever!

Nice win.

These next four games are the acid test because the opposition are all flying at the moment. We can't afford any slip ups against United and Arsenal because there is no guarantee what we'll get against Leicester, at their gaff, then at home to Palace. All four of these teams have pace on the flanks which Ivanovic, in particular, has always had a problem with. In that respect, and assuming that Mourinho doesn't alter his strategy, Terry and Cahill cannot be expected to pick up the pieces against fliers like Young, Schlupp, Welbeck, Zaha and Bolassie.

It is imperative that Hazard and Willian, who has looked absolutely knackered lately and needs to find a new lease of life from somewhere, get their defensive game in gear to counter the threat. Matic hasn't been at his best lately and Fabregas is a tortoise and can only be relied upon in a creative mode. Look at the way Bolassie scythed through the sloth like Sunderland defence? They were meat and drink for him.

It's no good patting ourselves on the back for getting maximum points against Stoke, Hull and QPR because they are two bob sides and nine points is the least we could have expected, if we are to be looked upon as the next Premier League champions. United have a certain Juan Mata, who will be desperate to put one over his former employer and we all know how good he can be. We need to be at our absolute best to get anything from these next four fixtures. Anything less, and that seven point lead will disappear very quickly.

• Like 2

to the pessimistic one, the special one will take care of your extremely exaggerated and uneducated views of our forthcoming matchs(4)

sure we will drop points, BUT the same can be said for m/u and arsenal who in realaltity cannot afford to drop any at all

the special one, has the knack on getting his team, to rise to the big ones, m/u will find this out on saturday ,which could be the match of the season,and may the best team win

now google EVENSTEVENS, which will give you a full brief on my avatar, les coles my raceday jockey was in the special one.s class

a born winner and a brilliant tactician in big race days,and his hands felt like silk,he would cuddle you like a baby,but when he would dig you in the ribs,it was time to step up to the plate and be counted

jose will have his c/sea players ready to do the same, thats why he is the SPECIAL ONE

Edited by evenstevens

to the pessimistic one, the special one will take care of your extremely exaggerated and uneducated views of our forthcoming matchs(4)

sure we will drop points, BUT the same can be said for m/u and arsenal who in realaltity cannot afford to drop any at all

the special one, has the knack on getting his team, to rise to the big ones, m/u will find this out on saturday ,which could be the match of the season,and may the best team win

now google EVENSTEVENS, which will give you a full brief on my avatar, les coles my raceday jockey was in the special one.s class

a born winner and a brilliant tactician in big race days,and his hands felt like silk,he would cuddle you like a baby,but when he would dig you in the ribs,it was time to step up to the plate and be counted

jose will have his c/sea players ready to do the same, thats why he is the SPECIAL ONE

w00t.gif

• Like 1

Pretty sure that Jose is gonna use a few mind games before saturdays encounter............just hope it doesn,t backfire on us.

Personally i play the poor me card,say the side,s been ravaged by injuries or tiredness and PLAY Zouma Isiah Brown and Ake or even Solanke up front if Reamy ain,t fit....and not that cart-horse Drogba...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 1

Nice win.

These next four games are the acid test because the opposition are all flying at the moment. We can't afford any slip ups against United and Arsenal because there is no guarantee what we'll get against Leicester, at their gaff, then at home to Palace. All four of these teams have pace on the flanks which Ivanovic, in particular, has always had a problem with. In that respect, and assuming that Mourinho doesn't alter his strategy, Terry and Cahill cannot be expected to pick up the pieces against fliers like Young, Schlupp, Welbeck, Zaha and Bolassie.

It is imperative that Hazard and Willian, who has looked absolutely knackered lately and needs to find a new lease of life from somewhere, get their defensive game in gear to counter the threat. Matic hasn't been at his best lately and Fabregas is a tortoise and can only be relied upon in a creative mode. Look at the way Bolassie scythed through the sloth like Sunderland defence? They were meat and drink for him.

It's no good patting ourselves on the back for getting maximum points against Stoke, Hull and QPR because they are two bob sides and nine points is the least we could have expected, if we are to be looked upon as the next Premier League champions. United have a certain Juan Mata, who will be desperate to put one over his former employer and we all know how good he can be. We need to be at our absolute best to get anything from these next four fixtures. Anything less, and that seven point lead will disappear very quickly.

I am pretty sure Jose would love to put one over his former boss (@Barca).

• Like 1

Big match later today/tonight.

I'll give my take on it.

Courtois.

Dave, Terry Cahil, Ivanovic.

Mikel, Matic,

Hazard, Fabregast, Ramieres,

Remy.

Subs: Cech, Zouma (rather see him start) Oscar, Drogba. Willian. F. Luis. Loftus Cheek.

Tactic will be to sit back, compress and control space, Mikel and Matic patroling infront of centre half's. Hazard playing deep in own half and exploiting his talents on the break. Ramieres as per hazard playing deep in own half. Remy lone man up front, Fabregast no 10 not to far behind him.

I'll take a narrow victory..or any victory!

Big match later today/tonight.

I'll give my take on it.

Courtois.

Dave, Terry Cahil, Ivanovic.

Mikel, Matic,

Hazard, Fabregast, Ramieres,

Remy.

Subs: Cech, Zouma (rather see him start) Oscar, Drogba. Willian. F. Luis. Loftus Cheek.

Tactic will be to sit back, compress and control space, Mikel and Matic patroling infront of centre half's. Hazard playing deep in own half and exploiting his talents on the break. Ramieres as per hazard playing deep in own half. Remy lone man up front, Fabregast no 10 not to far behind him.

I'll take a narrow victory..or any victory!

Looking at United's injury woes first, I reckon that Van Gaal will shift Rooney back alongside Herrera, as he'll be very concerned with a centre back partnership of Smalling and McNair. Shaw, who I thought was injured incidently but obviously isn't according to reports, will replace Blind at left back. Valencia and Mata should carry on their right side partnership with the outstanding Valencia continuing to bail out Mata's lack of pace, allowing him the space to play. The odds are that Falcao will play as the striker with Fellaini behind.

In that respect, Chelsea must introduce some pace in midfield so, like you DM, I'll want to see Zouma alongside Matic. Shift Fabregas forward where he can make things happen and not get in the way defensively. I agree that Ramires should replace Willian. Willian is a shoe in normally, but he's been very lethargic of late. Ramires will tackle, get forward, cover Ivanovic's lack of pace and has more energy in his play at the moment. I'm not sure about this but are Ramires and Matic on a ban if they get yellow carded?

It will be a result if Remy is fit to start.

• Like 1

mikel startingcheesy.gif

the triangle of oscar,fabergas,matic,supported by willian and hazard on the flanks,remy or drogba leads up front,(depends on fitness etc etc)

trusted back four and courtios..

zouma and ramires for plan B if required,

from the special onesmile.png GO CHELSEA