Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Oh, I forgot. Every week without fail, we are earnestly informed by some two bob player or cliche ridden coach that "there are no easy games in the Premier League", not even the 8-0 drubbing Southampton did on Sunderland. Koeman's nails were bitten to the quick up until the final whistle. Or the 0-4 job Villa did on Sunderland, which had Sherwood crapping his pants for a full 30 minutes. Chelsea were put to the sword for at least 10 minutes before eking out a 0-5 win against Swansea. On second thoughts, disregard my last post and put out your old dependables against Hull, Jose. We can't afford to take ANY chances, can we?

• Like 2

Come on Jose time to freshen things up and make a few changes......Give Cahill Ivanovich Matic Fabreghast and Oscar a rest.........please...........it is Hull. I would like to see Ake and maybe Isiah Brown get a game and Remy start ahead of Costa or...... play the pair of em.

What a luxury when you can consider resting such talent at this stage of the season.

"It is Hull" Tempting fate there Mad Dog

Yeah i Know....Tempting Fate........but as Og states they are without Hudd and Jelly 2 of there more productive players.............they have scored less goals then games played and conceded more than a goal a game.................do we really need to play Any Defensive Midfielders.........agaist that.......i hope not........whistling.gif

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

That was blaady lucky..............Ivanovich....how bad was he.......don,t answer that.........and Fabreghast....how many times in that second half was he caught totally flat footed............and Wil i an.....get your blaady head up lad. Fcku me we are ordinary.

lucky 3 points in the bag but Costa apparently out injured? Oddly though, he does appear to get injured prior to internationals. Hope is not called up and sits next match out Vs Stoke before we play QPR then United.

I just dont get it we are failing to kill off teams even when 2 goals up. A Centre half in there to be bought and his name is Matts Hummels!

Just not impressed so far by return of the Special one. 1-0 up last time around in his first spell, game over! Would n't fire him just yet though!

Defo should be in market for a Centre half, Right sided midfielder and decent striker to back up Costa, one we can play with costa.

For me it's like boring, boring Chelsea, same team, same tactics week in week out! very predictable.

• Like 1

big victory

another great goal by the governor of stamford bridge, but the uneducated will claim another dolly goal

this team has a heart(big) like mine, in my prime racing days

and whilst hazard the destroyer is in the saddle ,and jose the SPECIAL ONE, as the trainer

the EPL title is now in sight..GO CHELSEA

• Like 1

big victory

another great goal by the governor of stamford bridge, but the uneducated will claim another dolly goal

this team has a heart(big) like mine, in my prime racing days

and whilst hazard the destroyer is in the saddle ,and jose the SPECIAL ONE, as the trainer

w00t.gif

Costa out of Spain squad. Level one tear of hamstring confirmed by national team docs. Could Keep him out of Stoke match and QPR one too. BIt of luck he'll be ready for United game. Still, looking at bright side Remy will get a couple of games to sharpen up for back to back clashes VS United then Arsenal.

As far as the titles goes it's the final furlong but few hurdles in the way before the finishing line. If we are, or any top side are 2-0 against Hull and cruising and have to fight for the 3 points anything can happen!

United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Sunderland and QPR Leicester. Thats 3 sides fighting for top 4 finish, our bogey team (Sunderland), a London Derby and side (or three) fighting for survival, like it or lump it that makes for 6 tough complicated matches. I'll reserve judgement untill after the Arsenal match.

Costa out of Spain squad. Level one tear of hamstring confirmed by national team docs. Could Keep him out of Stoke match and QPR one too. BIt of luck he'll be ready for United game. Still, looking at bright side Remy will get a couple of games to sharpen up for back to back clashes VS United then Arsenal.

As far as the titles goes it's the final furlong but few hurdles in the way before the finishing line. If we are, or any top side are 2-0 against Hull and cruising and have to fight for the 3 points anything can happen!

United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Sunderland and QPR Leicester. Thats 3 sides fighting for top 4 finish, our bogey team (Sunderland), a London Derby and side (or three) fighting for survival, like it or lump it that makes for 6 tough complicated matches. I'll reserve judgement untill after the Arsenal match.

I had my doubts about Remy coming in but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I like his movement, intelligence and, most of all, pace. A few games from the start should up his confidence level as well.

This isn't an easy run in by any means, Derek. And it will be even more precarious if we turn in more performances, like the shambles we saw at Hull. At least half the team were below par then, and have been for the last month.

• Like 1

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/03/solanke-collects-england-award.html

Nice. The next couple of seasons we could have a few youngsters breaking into the first team. History suggests it won't happen, but we seem to have more options than before.

If Greg Dyke gets his way, these lads will be like gold dust to the future of the club in the Premier League, mate.

• Like 1

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/03/solanke-collects-england-award.html

Nice. The next couple of seasons we could have a few youngsters breaking into the first team. History suggests it won't happen, but we seem to have more options than before.

If Greg Dyke gets his way, these lads will be like gold dust to the future of the club in the Premier League, mate.

Having a Dyke in charge of a man's game is never a good idea!

I do like what Dyke is trying to do, bring on English talent. Something has to be done as in my opinion there is no single world class player in the national team. Only exception is Sterling who has potential and may become world class. Luke Shaw, does not convince me, nor Ross Barkley, John Stones or Harry Kane,

Golden generation is long gone. and at that best acheivement was QF's at major tournaments and Did not qualify / struggled to qualify in ones they did.

By definition, of world class top 5 in world for their position.

Spain had great rule, actually applied the 5+6 UEFA rule. No idea ifit still is rule, but by the time they applied it Spain was already a hot bed for talented young players comming through by having invested in coaching of the youngsters by FIFA pro licenced coaches. Football is an extra cirricular activity 3 x 2hr training sessions a week for 30E month per kid..all schools have that!

Would nt mind seeing starting XI being obliged to play 3 players eligable for national teams every PL match starting season after next and amplifying it from there by 1 player every 2nd season.

Dyke has to careful how he words the home grown player definition as UEFA already has it's definition and rule on that their competions (5 per 25 man squad)

Home grown is defined by UEFA as having played football (any level) in country for 3 years prior to age of 20. Meaning Dutch U21 international Nathan Ake is a home grown player for English teams (not just Chelsea) Soon to be same for Andreas Christiensen, which why he could nt be loaned out last season (had not yet fulfilled the 3 years).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Jose ...freshen things up..start Zouma and Ake and Remy maybe give Isiah Brown a run out...and play the natural Left Back Luiz at LB, and Azi at RB.....and start Quadbike if you like (although he ain,t impressed me not one bit) and give Matic a rest. This is a game we should and must win. Cos i can see us dropping 6 points against Man U Arsenal and Liverpool............before a ball is kicked Jose will take draws against those 3 imho ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Like 1

S-st-st-st-stuttering to the title!

Really, honestly does Mourinho have to be so rigid and inflexible in his tactics that he plays the same side and same tactics week in week out? Does that not-so-special one really have to put an injured/half fit player on the bench against a run of the mill opposition?

Bigger fish to fry in a fortnights time with back to back games against United and Arsenal, Liverpool shortly after too. I defo saved Costa for those matches.

Anyway here's hoping United and City cancel each other out next week and both do us a favour by denting both their title chances!

On the positive side, still grinding out the results even with below par performances against lesser teams. Still 8 to go 5 wins and a draw as it stands should do it.

Really, honestly does Mourinho have to be so rigid and inflexible in his tactics that he plays the same side and same tactics week in week out? Does that not-so-special one really have to put an injured/half fit player on the bench against a run of the mill opposition?

Bigger fish to fry in a fortnights time with back to back games against United and Arsenal, Liverpool shortly after too. I defo saved Costa for those matches.

Anyway here's hoping United and City cancel each other out next week and both do us a favour by denting both their title chances!

On the positive side, still grinding out the results even with below par performances against lesser teams. Still 8 to go 5 wins and a draw as it stands should do it.

Thats what he's doing Derek, grinding out the remainder of the season as the others falter. Can't blame him really but i'd rather not watch it tbh.

• Like 1

Thats what he's doing Derek, grinding out the remainder of the season as the others falter. Can't blame him really but i'd rather not watch it tbh.

While Hazard remains fit and on song, we can just about get by with others strolling through the game. But not against City, United and Arsenal. Stoke are a well organised but are snail like on the counter attack and,because they are comfortably placed in mid table, they were there to be taken but STILL, we made hard work of it.Oscar might as well have stayed in the dressing room for the effort he put in, and was rightly substituted at half time. By all accounts, he played well for Brazil last week, so something's wrong with him at the club. I expect him to be on his way in the summer.

Edited by oldgit
  • Like 1

big victory

MATCH REPORT...STOKE...biggrin.png^^^ ditto^^^biggrin.png

We'll have to rename you the happy one. That horse, it looks a bit like Brigadier Gerard or is it Sea Bird?

• Like 1

Come on Jose ...freshen things up..start Zouma and Ake and Remy maybe give Isiah Brown a run out...and play the natural Left Back Luiz at LB, and Azi at RB.....and start Quadbike if you like (although he ain,t impressed me not one bit) and give Matic a rest. This is a game we should and must win. Cos i can see us dropping 6 points against Man U Arsenal and Liverpool............before a ball is kicked Jose will take draws against those 3 imho ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I love to see JM forgetting about costa for rest of teh season get him 100% for next season. Remy's 8 goals from 9 starts his goals per game/minute played must be right up there. I've got JM playing out draws Vs United and Arsenal and letting everyone else cancel each other out and drop points during the run in.

But as poor as we have been, we are still grinding out the results and we are on a max 94 points, second highest ever! Still we should nt be letting sides back into games after going a goal up (or two, in the case of Hull) back into the game only mins later. Defo lack of concentration or killer instinct to finish teams off, not the stuff of champions!

• Like 1

Thats what he's doing , grinding out the remainder of the season as the others falter. Can't blame him really but i'd rather not watch it tbh.

don,t watch it,no ones holding a gun against your head to do so

the dogs dinner that spuds serve up against burnley y/day,had me reaching for remote control off button,after 30 mins

@ old git

yes E/S is the happy one, ever since the special one returned home, i was absoulately gutted when he left

all players are putting a shift in, perhaps not early season form,but you can see the solidarity is there

as the special one said a one goal diifference win,at this delicate stage of the season,is as good as a 10 .0. win in the early part of the season

i expect us to drop 6 points from here on in,.good enuff for the title to be back at the bridgesmile.pngbiggrin.png

QPR is a tricky one next sunday, we seem to to lose our cool against them, and the manure hits the fan

go chelseasmile.png

@derek..if the governor is fit,he will have the nod over remy ..REASON..the governor,s presence,leading the line,running the channells,has all EPl defenders crapping in their pants

his overall contribution lifts his teamates to boot,, but remy is a fine back up,the special one has highlighted his professionalism ,week in week out, and jose is not one to express as such, unless it is truly warranted

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

Thats what he's doing , grinding out the remainder of the season as the others falter. Can't blame him really but i'd rather not watch it tbh.

don,t watch it,no ones holding a gun against your head to do so

the dogs dinner that spuds serve up against burnley y/day,had me reaching for remote control off button,after 30 mins

@ old git

yes E/S is the happy one, ever since the special one returned home, i was absoulately gutted when he left

all players are putting a shift in, perhaps not early season form,but you can see the solidarity is there

as the special one said a one goal diifference win,at this delicate stage of the season,is as good as a 10 .0. win in the early part of the season

i expect us to drop 6 points from here on in,.good enuff for the title to be back at the bridgesmile.pngbiggrin.png

QPR is a tricky one next sunday, we seem to to lose our cool against them, and the manure hits the fan

go chelseasmile.png

@derek..if the governor is fit,he will have the nod over remy ..REASON..the governor,s presence,leading the line,running the channells,has all EPl defenders crapping in their pants

his overall contribution lifts his teamates to boot,, but remy is a fine back up,the special one has highlighted his professionalism ,week in week out, and jose is not one to express as such, unless it is truly warranted

The way Costa hobbled off, it looks like a season ending injury to me. Remy is doing well which is more than I can say for people like Ivanovic, Cahill, Fabregas and Oscar. They look like they couldn't raise a gallop. It's fortunate that we've faced two teams recently that are as devoid of pace as we are, and with QPR on the horizon, that's the three slowest outfits in the League in quick succession. It's a pity we aren't facing West Brom the week after, because that would have been a nice win accumulator. Lescott is as slow as I am.

If Mourinho's got any sense, he'll be playing Zouma alongside Terry against Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Palace who have got players with pace to burn and Ramires with Matic in holding midfield.

Anyway, E/S what is the name of that horse on your monicker?

I would n't disagree, just saying ..If I were mou..I'd leave costa out for the rest of the season even if it's not a season ending injury due to one fact..the fellow has hardly been 100% fully fit and training between matches all season and Remy is a more than capable replacement or stand in, Stats are actually better than Costa's in terms of mins played per goal (102.4 vs 97.5 mins per goal) as is his pass completion % (77 vs 79).

And I'd prefer a fully fit costa from start of next season, a large part of his injury problems are not having sufficent rest in order to recover. There was very little rest after the world cup before he teamed up for pre-season training

Even if Costa is out for the season, we need have no worries. Link Below Remy Vs Costa stats

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/434931/REVEALED-Loic-Remy-Chelsea-Diego-Costa

See what i mean. Grind away Jose and they will all slip up.

• Like 1

See what i mean. Grind away Jose and they will all slip up.

Chelsea have been playing rather dull football, but it is hardly Jose's fault. Many players playing below par - Oscar, Matic, Fabregas being the most obvious. Last weekends game was like a re-run of many previous years, just passing sideways in the final third.

If Chelsea can wrap up the title early, I'm hoping they will play much more expressive football without the pressure of the title.

On the contrary MJJ, its entirely Mourinho's "fault" if thats what you choose to call it.

Simply put, he sets up to win and style be damned. I don't like it but you cannot knock his CV. I think you will wrap the league title up early and yes, you'll then see more expansive football. However, i think its fair to say that many of us feel that with the quality of personnel available the chavs have a right to expect more fluent stuff at times.

I agree but add yes mourinho is partially at fault for below par performances due to half the team being knackered, out of form yet still playing them, the same players week in week out. A little squad rotation would have fresher, fitter players. How on earth he continues to select Cahil ahead of anyone is beyond me, devoid of pace, confidence and work ethic. The heavy legs in that team is exactly down to Mourinho.

• Like 1

just a refresher for the faint hearted that are calling for THE SPECIAL ONE to rotate his squad etc etc

F.A CUP..V.. BRADFORD CITY JAN 2015..at the fortress

CHELSEA 2..BRADFORD CITY..4

christensen,zouma.mikel, salah,remy ,drogba,were brought in . to replace

the likes of terry, azicuulpta ,hazard,fabergas,willian,matic , costa

led 2..0..wilted to a 4...2.. thumping

do hope the faint hearted now go for the smelling salts,to clear their clouded thinking

jose in his two previous EPL..wins..ALWAYS adopted his current policy of always selecting 8 or 9 trusted players.the other 2 or 3 places are up for grabs

and with twig here and there,when injuries ,suspensions come into along

being a master tactian,jose will change the formation during a match,at the drop of a hat,therefore the subs on the day will get there chance to impress

his policy is working, being top of the leauge,vindicates this.

jose is the special one , no other mngr comes close

just a refresher for the faint hearted that are calling for THE SPECIAL ONE to rotate his squad etc etc

do hope the faint hearted now go for the smelling salts,to clear their clouded thinking

No need for smelling salts. Bradford match - that's over rotation, half the outfield team and the master tactitian, the not-so-special one made a massive gaffe

there in over rotation and under estimating the opposition, who are and were known giant killers in recient seasons beating and eliminating other premier league sides from cup competitions such as Arsenal.

jose in his two previous EPL..wins..ALWAYS adopted his current policy of always selecting 8 or 9 trusted players.the other 2 or 3 places are up for grabs

Exactly the kind of rotation I am talking about a base of 8-9 trusted lieutenants, not the same 10 week in week out and playing players that are carrying injuries

and only adopting change when it is forced on him via injury or suspension like this season.

Now I am passing smelling salts to the faint hearted now to clear their clouded thinking.

Jose Mourinho's record is awesome as is Pepe Guardiola's.

May I add a certain Carlos Ancelotti?, Won leagues in France, England and Italy also and 3x European Champion's League winner plus 1x runner up, 3x European Super cup and 2x world clubs cup, Certainly comes close, and surpasses the "Special one" when it comes to international honours and international titles won.

I am not knocking JM, glad we got him back just saying and pointing out there are other managers out there who are as good as him and one that has a better European record.

• Like 1

No need for smelling salts. Bradford match - that's over rotation, half the outfield team and the master tactitian, the not-so-special one made a massive gaffe

there in over rotation and under estimating the opposition, who are and were known giant killers in recient seasons beating and eliminating other premier league sides from cup competitions such as Arsenal.

Exactly the kind of rotation I am talking about a base of 8-9 trusted lieutenants, not the same 10 week in week out and playing players that are carrying injuries

and only adopting change when it is forced on him via injury or suspension like this season.

Now I am passing smelling salts to the faint hearted now to clear their clouded thinking.

Jose Mourinho's record is awesome as is Pepe Guardiola's.

May I add a certain Carlos Ancelotti?, Won leagues in France, England and Italy also and 3x European Champion's League winner plus 1x runner up, 3x European Super cup and 2x world clubs cup, Certainly comes close, and surpasses the "Special one" when it comes to international honours and international titles won.

I am not knocking JM, glad we got him back just saying and pointing out there are other managers out there who are as good as him and one that has a better European record.

f.a cup exit..a massive gaffe by the special one..get real

that tie was sandwiched in between the two titanic semifinal legs with liverpool,

c/sea had the usual pile up matchs over the xmas,n/y period leading up to the first leg

then had collossal match with m/city directly after the second leg

the bradford cup tie was a excellent opportunity for a large rotation that jose done, sadly the players who were brought in did not step up to the plate on that nite

if c/sea did.nt have the liverpool matchs,the usual trusted 8 ,9, 10, or 11 players (who cares what number)would have started

each day jose receives medical, fitness etc etc reports on each of his players,and if his trusted players are passed fit to play by his staff, they will do so

this season starting line ups(providing all players are fit), jose will only tinker with the attacking midfeilders,either oscar or willian, the usual trusted will start at all times

sure some will underperform,(generally the ones that are being bayed for their blood on this thread) perhaps two,but the other players will take up their slack

jose best forte , is trusting his players he has chosen(starting line up) when they all go through their sticky patchs,he still backs them to the hilt(no panic shuffling because of a bad game or two)

thats why the all the top draw players want to play for him, he will back them ,and they will walk through a brick wall for him in return

for sure, recent matchs appear to be down a notch or two,but give credit to the opponents for not lying down

at this point of time we have lost two matchs(E.P.L) surely his starting line up policy is working,apart from the leicester match its a game a week to the end of the season ,so things such as tiredness should not raise its head again

get a grip of yourselves and enjoy the trip down the the staight to the day, we will have that title back at the bridge..GO CHELSEA

fine i except your opionion that king carlo and pepe are contenders for the best present manager in world football,not just the special one

a nice morning to all

• Like 1