Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

It was end to end stuff. One end of the halfway line to the other.

Both managers are satisfied.

Quite why Chelski celebrated like they'd won the cup I have no idea.

Yeah i,ve no idea either.........not like it was an important game that meant anything was it............just another Sunday away game against a run of the mill opponet .whistling.gif

SUPER DRAW,considering the cupboard was bare ,striker wise

oscars inclusion as a false number nine was a master stoke by the special one

the cries are now coming out boring chelsea, perhaps these dead shits should take a long look at their own clubs performances ,instead of pointing the bone

c/sea has at least shared or got more points in head to head matchs against the top 6 or 7 this season ,doe snt that ring a bell with the dead shits

c/sea have outplayed, out muscled, all top clubs this season,and deserved to have one hand on the E.P.L. trophy

and i strongly feel that the gunners are only a player or two from being right on c/sea,s arse next season, they are looking the goods, whilst the other so say, big name clubs are tumbling thumbling and staggering around like a bunch of old drunks,after a long nite out on the turps

they want to sobered up quickly,to reach the levels of arsenal and chelsea

anothe scrap coming up with the foxes, GO CHELSEAsmile.png ,AND IN JOSE WE TRUSTsmile.png

That was a fantastic team performance against a team who are flying. Every player played their part, including Oscar who has come to life in the last few weeks. I don't know what sort of game some of you blokes expected to see. We were playing away, against a team who had put together nine wins on the bounce at the Emirates, and were our only danger to winning the title. The first half was full of incident and good football and, who knows, the second half might have been the same if Oscar hadn't gone off with concussion. Once Drogba was included, we were always going to try and close the game out.

Plenty of possession in Chelsea's half in the first 45 but less effective than their counter attack. First half fascinating encounter. Not sure at what point it had been decided to take a draw by both managers, but the last 25 minutes seemed choreographed in advance. A defeat would have brought Arsene uncomfortably close to 4th spot again (still possible of course, but the Manchester result was a godsend and possibly influenced the second half strategy). Below average penetrative from us. Excellent midfield pressing and defence from Chelsea.

It was end to end stuff. One end of the halfway line to the other.

Both managers are satisfied.

Quite why Chelski celebrated like they'd won the cup I have no idea.

Yeah i,ve no idea either.........not like it was an important game that meant anything was it............just another Sunday away game against a run of the mill opponet .whistling.gif

I could understand it if you'd won, but a point suits both teams and realistically we were never going to catch Chelski, I think you'll wrap the title up this week.

Still, I should be flattered for our team I suppose if a point means much to you.

biggrin.png

Missed the match, did nt miss much but looks of it. Still who are we to complain..seal the deal at home and a party for the may day long weekend!

Even Stevens, I sort of sussed Mou would have deployed a false No 9, but personally reckon he got it wrong. Fabregast has played that position fair few times before or Barcelona and Spain, may have been a tad more effective. Still an away draw against probable runners up and FA cup winners and a side that won their last 7 PL matches and pretty much snuffed out Arsenals chances of a title. not too bad for a day away day.

In sense, disappointed one of the young lads did nt get a shot at it (Solanke or Brown).

Edit:

Just had a quick look at the PL team of the year. Boring, Boring Chelsea. 6 Chelsea players +one ex-chelsea player! http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/chelsea/news/article/321/9824069/six-chelsea-players-in-pfa-team-of-the-year

Edited by Derek M

It was reported that Oscar was taken to hospital with suspected concussion.If that's correct the Chelsea medical team, at the ground, need to have real good look at themselves by letting him play

on when in his words "he couldn't remember anything"

Concussion is presently a big issue in Rugby League and Union at the moment as it could prove fatal.I think I am right in saying in those codes its a mandatory 2 week break for the player.

He was hit very hard,no suggestion of faking it, not from me anyway.

Missed the match, did nt miss much but looks of it. Still who are we to complain..seal the deal at home and a party for the may day long weekend!

Even Stevens, I sort of sussed Mou would have deployed a false No 9, but personally reckon he got it wrong. Fabregast has played that position fair few times before or Barcelona and Spain, may have been a tad more effective. Still an away draw against probable runners up and FA cup winners and a side that won their last 7 PL matches and pretty much snuffed out Arsenals chances of a title. not too bad for a day away day.

In sense, disappointed one of the young lads did nt get a shot at it (Solanke or Brown).

Edit:

Just had a quick look at the PL team of the year. Boring, Boring Chelsea. 6 Chelsea players +one ex-chelsea player! http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/chelsea/news/article/321/9824069/six-chelsea-players-in-pfa-team-of-the-year

Sloanke and Brown both required for tonights 2nd leg Fa youth Cup final against Citeh.........thats why neither was in the squad yesterday. Wonder if one-eyed Jellyboy will be watching tonight...........or will he still be shaving his plumbs?

• Like 2

Edit:

Sloanke and Brown both required for tonights 2nd leg Fa youth Cup final against Citeh.........thats why neither was in the squad yesterday. Wonder if one-eyed Jellyboy will be watching tonight...........or will he still be shaving his plumbs?

Nice to know I made an impression Keith.laugh.png

For the record I don't much blame Mourinho for his strategy yesterday. As others have pointed out, not a bad way to go about handling an in form Arsenal away without Costa or Remy...and needing only not to lose a bucket of points between now and season's end to wrap things up.

I just like to have a go at Mourinho rather because I just like to have a go at Mourinho.

Plumbs !? Another added to my vocabulary. wai2.gif

Arsenal were a team that needed a win at home yet could only manage 1 shot on target. Chelsea will no doubt be called boring, but we didn't need to win......Arsenal did, and that was all they had. 4 penalty appeals waved on (3-1 to Chelsea) and 3 Arsenal players booked in injury time when Chelsea were looking to break. TBH all the talk of Chelsea being boring is becoming a tiring cliche. The first half was a great game of football - it just didn't have goals.

At the start of the year we were level on points at the top and now are 10 points clear. We have scored the 2nd most goals and conceeded the least.............and still we are accused of being unworthy champions in some quarters......

I have honestly tried to watch Chelsea, but find it so sterile. To be fair I did enjoy that first half today.

Worthy champions mjj no doubting that. It's just the style of football is effect and that is it.

Very worthy champions indeed but i side i just don't want to watch. Its just so dull. And yes, i'm well aware that no ones forcing me too.

I'm sure that ten point gap will increase to by the end of the season as Mourinho grinds out the remaining fixtures.

Edit:

Thanks for the clarification Keith. Still disapointing they were not stepped up, if your good enough your old enough as they say. Is nice to see no shortage of talented young forwards coming through, hopefully they have the mind set to succeed as a top pro footballer. I Think Patrick Bamford 21, on loan at Middlesboro is on dozen and a half goals i 30 matches in the championship this season. nice to see him move up a level to the PL, see how he goes.

Edited by Derek M

What can i say..........pity we had to go behind............. but if that what it takes for us to be more direct then so be it.

Pretty even first half imho but you have to give it to Leicester for there well worked goal. They worked hard and got what they deserved.

2nd half right from the off we were much more direct and positive and the passing was crisp and effective..........much much better

No where near the urgency we showed against Arsenal, especially in the first half. It looked to me as though the players underestimated the opposition, but a half time dressing down sorted them out. That little rest that was given to Willian has revitalised him. He's back to the form he showed earlier in the season. Sticking Ramires out on the wing, in the first half, was a mistake. He's much better playing centrally and having the freedom to get box to box. Next up is life long Chelsea fan Alan Pardew. If Palace defend as insipidly the way they did against Hull, it will be all over by half time.

willian has never been completely out of form,also his rest was due to illness .really old git( from memory) u have slagged every player apart from terry ,courthios, hazard since i have joined the forum

another strong away performance against a inform leicester team, c/sea has reached top gear in the last 6 matchs (5 wins..1 draw) when it counted, largely due ,to jose great skills in all facets of management, jose could even walk on water if asked ..e/s is sure of that

my very reliable sources close to the special one .are saying that pogba is his prime t/f target this summer, a matic/pogba combination would be mouth watering smile.png

the fat lady is entering the stage to sing, nice early kick off this sunday and at special ones fortress,to boot,will keep my fingers crossed as its never over to the fat lady sings

GO CHELSEA

And, from memory, I'm pretty certain that you haven't analysed and dissected ANY performance, no matter how turgid and offered any meaningful solutions, other than banging the drum and telling us how great Mourinho is. Haven't you got any opinion other than Mourinho's?

correct... for the following reasons

all our players throughout the season,leading from day one( which is no easy feat) have performed at a very high level,sure some may have had a mere blip here and there ,but thats understandable

due to the high octane provided by the E.P.L. each week, rarely does any player ,from any club, to my knowledge, go through a full season without a dip of form of some kind

now if we had the misfortune of l/pools babatelli playing for us, e/s would be first on line to slag him

look at your posts slagging c/seas players,for the slightest reason, those particular players, would be welcomed with open arms at other clubs in the E.P.L.

banging the special ones drum, why not???

since his home return , jose has taken c/sea from third place (75 points) to EPL winners,(approx 90 points)touchwood, in two seasons,largely due to being a very smart operator in all aspects of management

his t/f dealings have proved why he is the special one, if u care to compare m/u ,l/pool ,totts and m/city over the same period,in performances and money spent in t/fers it, makes poor reading

in fact it is a real nightmare,with no soloution in sight

old git , your continiually slagging of c/sea players whose performances u see as a being very poor,is not on the money at all

you are just a old fluffing nark

Oscar seems to have flashes of form, then disappears for a couple of months. I would have much rather we kept Mata.

Without looking at the stats, it seems our attacking midfield is the most revolved door and less settled in our squad. Mata, DeBruyne, Schurrle, Cauldron (or whatever his name is) Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Sahah. Does anyone know our best 3. Only Hazard is the obvious must have.

I'm hoping that once we have won the league some pressure will be off the squad and next year we move to a more attacking style. Although I do think this seasons team have been given some undeserved flak. Only City have scored more than us and at times we have played wonderful football. The boring tag has gone into overdrive lately, but we have only had a 37 year old striker in the team. With the coffee man we are much more attackiing.

OG, do you really want Pogba? I know he is a talent and will improve us, but I really want us to give some of the youth a chance. Our youth set up has been a force for a couple of years now and some may flourish in the first team. They may not be the finished article yet, but think about how Kane was viewed at Spurs this time last year.

Ideally I would like 2 or 3 players being given reasonable playing time next season to see how they adapt. Bamford should be given a run in the cups and some pl games,

In case you haven't noticed, we tend to favour on this thread, serious debate and discussion on everything Chelsea. Now, the problem with you is, you've got no opinion and have very little to say that is of interest to the rest of us. Your posts are like somebody chaining me to a chair and ramming candy floss down my throat 24/7. I can tolerate a certain amount of positivity, but it bores me to tears when people like you are continually shouting from the rooftops, the bleeding obvious.

old git ,your above unsavoury remarks are typical of a old washed up nark,who luvs to dish it out,but cannot cope a return of the same

there is a very easy soloution for you to take ,place E/S on your ignore list,

or any other member for that matter,can do the samesmile.png

my summing up of the footy forum based on my brief tenure , is that a certain number of members, just suck up to each other, a clique so to speak

in any event E/S plans to stick around,and post without fear or favour

a very nice evening to all

• Like 1