Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

The new Pishflaps45 has arrived.

I would have thought few would disagree that Oscar has been dreadful the entire season. A passenger at best.

Problem is E/S, Oldgit, Derek and Shorty seem to know a great deal more about the game than you and your boring Mourinho hyperbole.

yes oscar performances have nt reached the high levels, that we expect of,but i would never write off any player of his pure talent, and being a youngster to boot, i feel he is down on his confidence somewhat,but i remember, he was largely responsible for fabers winning goal against Q.P.R, (a lovely flick on to hazard) and a superb backheel to hazards winning goal against m/u,both sheer peices of artistry,that few EPL players possess,and was largely responsible, that c/sea landed 6 points instead of 2 points at a vital stage of the race, to win the title

a passenger at best??? don .t think so at all

no problem at all for E/S, that you feel that oldgit,derek,and shorty,are better students of the epl then me,it would be a boring old world, if we did nt have a difference opinion,would nt it???

a very nice morning to allsmile.png

Oscar seems to have flashes of form, then disappears for a couple of months. I would have much rather we kept Mata.

Without looking at the stats, it seems our attacking midfield is the most revolved door and less settled in our squad. Mata, DeBruyne, Schurrle, Cauldron (or whatever his name is) Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Sahah. Does anyone know our best 3. Only Hazard is the obvious must have.

I'm hoping that once we have won the league some pressure will be off the squad and next year we move to a more attacking style. Although I do think this seasons team have been given some undeserved flak. Only City have scored more than us and at times we have played wonderful football. The boring tag has gone into overdrive lately, but we have only had a 37 year old striker in the team. With the coffee man we are much more attackiing.

With the club over loaded with attacking midfielders, places were at a premium and only those that were at the top of their form, were considered for a start in the first team. This, inevitably, upset a few people hence the revolving door,mjj. I can't make up my mind about Cuadrado yet. He came with a big reputation and cost enough but,what I've seen so far, he needs to improve substantially to be a fixture in the squad. His main attribute was supposed to be his pace, a turn of foot from a standing start but I get the impression that he is hesitant and shows too much of the ball to the opposition, which is why he gets robbed so easily.

I wouldn't entertain for a millisecond that 'boring' cobblers, mate. That was started by chimpanzees on the terraces.

OG, do you really want Pogba? I know he is a talent and will improve us, but I really want us to give some of the youth a chance. Our youth set up has been a force for a couple of years now and some may flourish in the first team. They may not be the finished article yet, but think about how Kane was viewed at Spurs this time last year.

Ideally I would like 2 or 3 players being given reasonable playing time next season to see how they adapt. Bamford should be given a run in the cups and some pl games,

I can't say I do as I haven't taken the time to watch him lately. I was only speaking generally about the clamour for his signature. mjj, I couldn't agree with you more about giving youth a chance. We have an abundance of talent on loan as well as at the club, which, giving Abramovich his due, has been his plan for a good few years now. Ofcourse, some of them will be discarded for various reasons, some of it nothing to do with football matters but, while they are in the fold they will be given every chance to show their mental and technical abilities. In my opinion,a minimum of 3-4 per season graduating to the first team squad would be considered a success for the youth policy.

Congratulation to Chelsea football club. The whole season at the top of the table.clap2.gif

Spare a thought for Ramires. Reports saying he was taken to hospital with kidney problems - there is a vid with him totally covered on a stretcher being put in an ambulance - not nice.

best team won the league. congrats.

and it'll sound like sour grapes but it's not but this was a really underwhelming season. chelsea won the league by being functional and having a bunch of good players, a great defence and a top class goalkeeper. can't recall a season in recent memory where there's so little happened of any excitement or fun really. it's felt flat.

there's nothing really happened this season though right? hazard's been alright, harry kane's been interesting, southampton have been fun. but that's about it. really flat season. just nothing really seemed to happen. no drama, no amazing stuff, no real controversy. anyway.

• Like 2

there's nothing really happened this season though right? hazard's been alright, harry kane's been interesting, southampton have been fun. but that's about it. really flat season. just nothing really seemed to happen. no drama, no amazing stuff, no real controversy. anyway.

Kane is no better than a maybe he will be a good player....hype gone mad as usual.....I hope they are right but one decent season is nothing to me....look at so many other one season wonders.

come on buddie..Wenger swinging at Mou..?

EvenStevens creaming his pants at Hazard and Mourino on a public forum on a weekly basis with cheesy racing metafors? lmao!

Congratulations to your lot grinding out results is the backbone of any champions and to be fair you grinded quite a few never the less fully deserverd to be champions some great players in that team and a very clever manager.

• Like 1

Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team this season so are due congratulations.

They have and probably will not admit it , had the luxury of the same back 4 for most of the season that helped enormously.

Winning a comp firstly comes from the ability to defend.

You also needs elements of good fortune and even the last game get a dodgy penalty ,terrible attempt by Hazard, taking his eyes completely of the ball, but it rebounds straight to him and he heads it home...those sort of things don't happen to the teams trying to avoid the drop.

I can see Arsenal, with a couple of marquee signings next season, becoming a real threat.Time to spend some money.Chelsea will find their defensive system ageing and maybe not injury free so there's not such a gap or at least not one that can't be overcome.

I dunno Stevie. There was that humdinger at Leicester ( v Man. Utd.) and our game at Everton and, to come next week, the Liverpool 'Guard of Honour' should be something to look forward to!

I dunno Stevie. There was that humdinger at Leicester ( v Man. Utd.) and our game at Everton and, to come next week, the Liverpool 'Guard of Honour' should be something to look forward to!

No doubt the cameras will be zooming in on Stevie G....

No doubt the cameras will be zooming in on Stevie G....

while the liverpool fans are singing about john terry's ma and what part of a scouser she loves.

• Like 1