Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team this season so are due congratulations.

They have and probably will not admit it , had the luxury of the same back 4 for most of the season that helped enormously.

Winning a comp firstly comes from the ability to defend.

You also needs elements of good fortune and even the last game get a dodgy penalty ,terrible attempt by Hazard, taking his eyes completely of the ball, but it rebounds straight to him and he heads it home...those sort of things don't happen to the teams trying to avoid the drop.

I can see Arsenal, with a couple of marquee signings next season, becoming a real threat.Time to spend some money.Chelsea will find their defensive system ageing and maybe not injury free so there's not such a gap or at least not one that can't be overcome.

the only merit in your post is the arsenal bit plus a good defence,the rest is just load of rubbish ,coming from a sore loser

as for your c/seas ageing defence quote,we have presently zouma(20yrs) looking the goods, and varane(22 yrs) of real madrid is the hot goss to come in the summersmile.png

in anycase , E/S is sure that c/sea has your point, in their sights, luckily we have no slow eddies doing the t/f deals ,and a good ally in mendes, the number one players agentbiggrin.png

as i said earlier fizzles,shucks i mean ,sparkles.losers can go and please themselves, and winners are grinners, and its going to be along wait until you grin,with TULIPS in chargelaugh.png

• Like 1

Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team this season so are due congratulations.

They have and probably will not admit it , had the luxury of the same back 4 for most of the season that helped enormously.

You also needs elements of good fortune and even the last game get a dodgy penalty ,terrible attempt by Hazard, taking his eyes completely of the ball, but it rebounds straight to him and he heads it home...those sort of things don't happen to the teams trying to avoid the drop.

I can see Arsenal, with a couple of marquee signings next season, becoming a real threat.Time to spend some money.Chelsea will find their defensive system ageing and maybe not injury free so there's not such a gap or at least not one that can't be overcome.

the only merit in your post is the arsenal bit plus a good defence,the rest is just load of rubbish ,coming from a sore loser

as for your c/seas ageing defence quote,we have presently zouma(20yrs) looking the goods, and varane(22 yrs) of real madrid is the hot goss to come in the summersmile.png

in anycase , E/S is sure that c/sea has your point, in their sights, luckily we have no slow eddies doing the t/f deals ,and a good ally in mendes, the number one players agentbiggrin.png

as i said earlier fizzles,shucks i mean ,sparkles.losers can go and please themselves, and winners are grinners, and its going to be along wait until you grin,with TULIPS in chargelaugh.png

Just a hint ES when you are posting try to use capital letters at the start of sentence,bottom left on your key board, and spell check otherwise it looks like you have no education and your constant re cycling of cliches eg "winners are grinners" is becoming very boring.

Let me clarify something for you ES.No where will you find a post of mine on this thread, or the Man United threads, that I ever said United would win the title this year .In fact I fully expected, and said, that United would struggle to make the top 4 which is sadly proving me right.United are team in transition as is now Man City, its cyclical, so your "sore loser" claim is plainly childish and stupid.

I wont be responding to your posts any more, I have better things to do. You obviously know very little about the game which is reflected in your inane posts.If you want some respect try to post constructive comments instead of the childish nonsense you seem to think is humour ,its not,it's plain boring. LIft your game or move on for the benefit of the forum.

• Like 2

I wont be responding to your posts any more, I have better things to do. You obviously know very little about the game which is reflected in your inane posts.If you want some respect try to post constructive comments instead of the childish nonsense you seem to think is humour ,its not,it's plain boring. LIft your game or move on for the benefit of the forum.

many thks fizzles for throwing your toys out of your pram, no fortritude sums u up. to the teebiggrin.png

many thks fizzles for throwing your toys out of your pram, no fortritude sums u up. to the teebiggrin.png

He is right though. You really need to step it up a bit. Most of the time you sound like you get your info from Shoot magazine. You also sound like a disciple of that prick Tim Lovejoy. Sorry 'an all that but.......

• Like 1

refreshing to see 5 changes to the last starting line up,largely due to wrapping up in the title so easily

loftus-cheek is big lump of a lad ,had a impressive full debut, marking the in form countino,and aquitted himself very well

on that performance alone, surely he must play along side matic, in the remaining two games

mikel these days is just a plugger,feel its the right time for him to move along,he has given c/sea loyal service over the years,but does not fit in future plans J.M.O.

remy did not give mutch up top,but he was returning from injury,so its a hung jury on his future J.M.O

our new buy cuandro is not setting the world alight, but would give him the benefit of the doubt until he plays more games,perhaps he is a slow starter,

a entertaining game,but that just about all, both sides did not have any cutting edge in the final one third, particular liverpool

me thinks a draw suited both clubssmile.png

• Like 1

Well that was a nothing match,apart from a 10 minute period late in the 2nd half ....when we actually tried to win the game. Bring the curtain down.....and lets look forward to next season ......when hopefully we will play some of the many players we have on loan ....and from the under 21s squad.

Thread tidied up a bit. Let's keep to footy eh gents.

its clear as mud by posts # 10958 and 10959, your wish is not being followed

back to footy

word is coming out of the bridge,that mon nites game,against W.B.A . several youngsters will be handed first team debuts

a step in the right directionsmile.png

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

Thread tidied up a bit. Let's keep to footy eh gents.

its clear as mud by posts # 10958 and 10959, your wish is not being followed

back to footy

word is coming out of the bridge,that mon nites game,against W.B.A . several youngsters will be handed first team debuts

a step in the right directionsmile.png

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

That makes sense. West Brom are safe so the result won't affect the relegation battle. It will be interesting how Pulis approaches this game faced with a youthful looking Chelsea. Will he stick a few youngsters in as well, which should make it quite a free flowing game or, being West Brom's last home game, stick to the tried and trusted and try to eke out a win? I suspect the latter.

• Like 1

refreshing to see 5 changes to the last starting line up,largely due to wrapping up in the title so easily

loftus-cheek is big lump of a lad ,had a impressive full debut, marking the in form countino,and aquitted himself very well

on that performance alone, surely he must play along side matic, in the remaining two games

mikel these days is just a plugger,feel its the right time for him to move along,he has given c/sea loyal service over the years,but does not fit in future plans J.M.O.

remy did not give mutch up top,but he was returning from injury,so its a hung jury on his future J.M.O

our new buy cuandro is not setting the world alight, but would give him the benefit of the doubt until he plays more games,perhaps he is a slow starter,

a entertaining game,but that just about all, both sides did not have any cutting edge in the final one third, particular liverpool

me thinks a draw suited both clubssmile.png

Mikel, sure plugger, an anchor man, I do think in the matches he did play he complimented Matic better than others. Matic despite being a brilliant player, one of the top performers over all does tend to at times wander a bit too far forward, not much, just a tad and that makes the centre half's have to push a bit further forward to plug that gap. That gap usually covered by Mikel, Time for him to be sold, no real need to replace him. WHo replicated his job along side Matic quite brilliantly when called on to do so? Kurt Zouma. Would like to see Oscar more of a box to box player same role he played under RDM, IMHO, his best position..he has the energy, won more tackles than any other player at the world cup. (I do have a preference Fabregast as the no 10)

John Squared, (Juan Cuadrado) well not to convinced of any player who name has a funny translation into English. Not convinced at all. I am convinced Jose M+ staff at Chelsea responsible for transfers should have pulled out all the stops to get Marco Reus for 19.5m, the price back then in his buy out clause. Hazards Brilliance and lack of quality right sided winger does make us look very lopsided and predictable (I would nt argue with Zidane's opinion on that). IF Cuadrado was decent I'd be happy to shift out red card Ramieres also!

• Like 1

Interesting to see, how some you guys on here would change up Chelsea to improve the team.

I do think they guy who commented on our ageing defense (Sparkles?) I right. JT, Cahill, Ivanovic, F.Luis all wrong side of 30. Centre half could e, ability and

IMO Verane or Hummels, both good age and experience. Got to be a full back brought in, left or right TBH darn right lucky on that one 3 full backs covering 2 positions, luck in terms of none being out injured or suspended for any length of time. Not saying buy one, but bring back Kalas, cover Right back and centre half, perhaps half season loan with recall option.

Defence in: Verane/ Hummels. Bring back Kalas. Out: Loan out young Christiansen, now a home grown player for English clubs as per UEFA rules. Heard Liverpool are asking and bidding 6m, rather see him playing, getting games. Even Beckham was loaned to Port vale, lower league championship not a bad idea.

Out lay? 35-40m

Result/reasoning/logic: JT, who increasingly getting found out at highest level, in CL, can be used rest tired legs prior to VIP matches and when tired legs come back from internationals. and centre halfs positions well covered in case of injuries and suspensions. Kalas, covers Ivanovic at right back, In back of mind last summer what if Ivanovic and Dave or Dave and Luis Fillipe gets injured long term? zero experienced back up. Now covered!

Midfield: Out Mikel, as previously mentioned plugger has had his day, time for his p45. Ramierez too. In: Pogba & Reus/Artur Vidal Loaned out Ake

Result/reasoning/logic: a dominant midfielder to match Matic is required, and quality on the right hand side.Ake loaned can see how he handles premier league or championship on regular basis. Will give more prominant role to Loftus Cheek.

Outlay: 50-60m

Upfront: I do defo think something wrong with Costa and Jose M knows it and knew it when he was signed. You dont suffer year long hamstring injuries. Cant use the world cup as an excuse as he hardly played, and Spain got booted out rather quickly! Remy hmm Liverpool did pull out of a transfer based on a medical. ON two occasions he was called upon when costa was out, he erm got injured. Hardly played, bench warmer mins here and there. Two injury prone forwards not good. Drogba..ay had his day cumbersome and past it on he was injury prone last season too.

Out: Drogba, but not completely, Make him a coach, keep registered as a player in case of an emergency 4th choice. Reasoning, two injury prone forwards and his influence around the club. I am willing to bet Izzy brown imporved his heading ability a bucket load being around Drogba. Loaned Patrick Bamford, bucket load in championship, time to prove it in PL.

In: No idea! Austin, a penalty box striker not a bad idea for 3rd choice forward. Scored a lot for QPR. Adebayor's name has been thrown around as a bosman transfer. I don't think either are bad options as 3rd choice striker.

Outlay: 0-10m

Others: Boot out the dead wood Josh McChechran (sorry for spelling), V.Moses, Kakuta. Oriol Romeu, Piazon who aint ever going to kick a ball ever for Chelsea.

total out lay 85-110M not including getting shot of the deadwood. Oh and Chech..no keeper brought in..either loan him out PL team or Tie him to last year of his contract.

• Like 2

Well Derek, next season City will be in transition due to them allowing their squad to age as much as they have, and a manager that doesn't seem to have the tactics or the balls to make decisions when needed. And, added to that, from what i saw last night of United and Wengers bellends, next season should be another stroll for Chelsea offering Mourinho more time to concentrate on the CL which presumably is what your owner has his sights on. Ofcourse there needs some tinkering but nothing too severe, (with the amount of money you can spend) although Terry surely can'y continue to play at the level he has this entire season.

Same top four next season. Yawn. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Interesting to see, how some you guys on here would change up Chelsea to improve the team.

I do think they guy who commented on our ageing defense (Sparkles?) I right. JT, Cahill, Ivanovic, F.Luis all wrong side of 30.

think u find that branno (31) and J.T.(34) are our only defenders on the wrong side of thirtysmile.png and both still have some petrol left in their tanks

zouma can also cover right back,with dave..branno and zouma can cover J.T.and cahill, and luis can cover dave, throw in a newbie verdrane from r/m ,done and dusted around 25/30 mil

need a replacement for drogs ,perhaps a attacking midfeilder,striker grizzman(ath, madrid ) to support our c/l campaign,and cover the governor, around 40 mil

loftus-cheek will be bedded in , czech is still in limbo, and sell the surplus to prop up my 70 mil

this summers t/f market, is going to be overheated, with TULIPS and BRENDA ,( both in sh#tters ditch) plus PELLE,(who is a dead man walking, waiting for PEPE to step in)

going toe to toe, for their last throw of the dice

and scrooge wenger waiting to pick up the scaps left, me thinks its not the right time (price wise) to heavily invest this summer

unless u have no other alternative

jose i am sure will just to do a tweak here and there,as he appears very happy with his well balanced squad at his disposalsmile.png

a splendid late afternoon to allbiggrin.png

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

That was rather dissapointing to say the least. Costa has to man-up.........no referees are gonna put up with his antics,and we are constantly going to be under pressure if his petty behaviour doesn,t change..........there is agression and there is being a total Knobb-ed and he fits the latter description. Fabreghast what the hell was he thinking........or not as was the case... t w a t. Loftus Cheek had another sound game,and will feature regulary next season imho.

I expect up to 6 players out and maybe 3 players bought ......the rest will be made-up of promotion from the developement squad and the recall of a few loan players.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

being a dead rubber

very ambivalent about the whole thing, but sincere congratuations to the baggies on their winsmile.png

again its party time at the bridge this coming saturdaybiggrin.pngclap2.gif ,how sweet it is

its a rickypoody and a fandoogly good morning to allsmile.png

These faux-chirpy sign offs are beginning to irritate me more than the P45 in yer face personna whistling.gif

No doubt being sweet is all part of TV parole conditions!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

That was rather dissapointing to say the least. Costa has to man-up.........no referees are gonna put up with his antics,and we are constantly going to be under pressure if his petty behaviour doesn,t change..........there is agression and there is being a total Knobb-ed and he fits the latter description. Fabreghast what the hell was he thinking........or not as was the case... t w a t. Loftus Cheek had another sound game,and will feature regulary next season imho.

I expect up to 6 players out and maybe 3 players bought ......the rest will be made-up of promotion from the developement squad and the recall of a few loan players.

Thats how i see it and i believe Chelsea will be extremely strong next season. Its a case of fine tuning although the new winger bought from Fiorentina hasn't really performed as yet and when played with the excellent Hazard can make you look slightly lop sided though i'm sure this will be addressed by Mourinho. I'd have though a top quality striker will be added too.

Costa is just an irascible whinger, and I think he's going to collect a fair few cards next year (if he stays fit).

If your a betting man Costa is a "special" for the highest number of cards, providing he stays fit as you say.Nothing wrong with aggression but you have to channel it.

Why is Fabergas still wearing that stupid plastic mask ?wouldn't stop a ball in the face let alone an elbow ..man up ,deserved to be sent off for being a wimp

What a shame....

Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas ruined his chances of breaking Thierry Henry’s Premier League assist record by getting himself sent-off versus West Brom.

The Spanish midfielder was on course to overtake legend Henry’s record of 20 assists in one season, but this is now impossible.

^

^

It puts all the pressure from any hit, on the cheek bones and fore head I'm told, to take the pressure away from his nose which was broken 3 weeks ago.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Costa is just an irascible whinger, and I think he's going to collect a fair few cards next year (if he stays fit).

Poor pishflaps might pick some up over the summer.

Beer gardens and late night retorts....I predict a busy summer for the ref! :lol:

• Like 1

Not a bad game..........and for once Quadrago actully showed something before he went off injured, thought the Drogba thing was a bit of a farce,but he ho. I have been a critic of Wilian for most of the season,(head down and not shooting or passsing quick enough)but actually being there today and seeing him close-up and his movement on and off the ball.............he is a must,and we are a better team for having him in it.

Can,t be right all the time.........ask me Mrs.smile.png

• Like 1

Congrats to your 4 time manager, JT.

You do realise he only hangs on in there doing famously to irritate the more puritanical of our members like Stevie and Carmine don't you?

what a evening in c/mai,thailandsmile.png fridge full of beer lao dark,to join in our celebrations at the bridgetongue.png

to go out on a high note,at our fortress was just fitting for our squad who have performed at a very high level all season long, under jose,s magical astutness mangementbiggrin.png

PLUS

john terry leadership clap2.gif , was a inspiration that all champion squads, need to fulfill their dreams of winning medals at the highest level

GO CHELSEAsmile.png

• Like 1