Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Great night for you guys........Ivanovic has done his hamstringthumbsup.gif

Yes, it gives the "not special at all anymore one" an opportunity to make the correct team selection without looking like he's backed down. Oh that it should come to this!! Presumably he'll make the change that everyone bar him has been calling for and put the sri lankan on the right.

Yes, it gives the "not special at all anymore one" an opportunity to make the correct team selection without looking like he's backed down. Oh that it should come to this!! Presumably he'll make the change that everyone bar him has been calling for and put the sri lankan on the right.

Fabregas didn't suffer injury unfortunately otherwise that would have been a nice win double. Mourinho's pre match strategy is to go with the usual suspects but, when it starts to go wrong, it's s**t or bust throwing all out attackers into the mix, which has been happening quite often this season.

An interesting insight from Neil Ashton on the Football Writers programme the other night. His opinion on Chelsea's woes this season is that the players are "bored with the constant grind of Mourinho's tactics, ekeing out results. Mourinho is the ultimate trophy hunter." That might explain why he has a three season shelf life, especially if he's using the same midfield players week in week out. The sudden loss of form of Ivanovic and Terry, however, has more to do with their age. Fabregas has hit a brick wall because he's been trawling up and down the pitch at the highest level since he was 17 years old, and can't hack the kick,,b******k and bite of the Premier League any more.

• Like 1

Funny, but all the Wenger Out tossers, that were throwing their toys out of the pram at him turning Fabregas away, have now gone strangely quiet on this issue.

w00t.gif

The majority of Barca fans were thrilled to see him go.

Fabregas didn't suffer injury unfortunately otherwise that would have been a nice win double. Mourinho's pre match strategy is to go with the usual suspects but, when it starts to go wrong, it's s**t or bust throwing all out attackers into the mix, which has been happening quite often this season.

An interesting insight from Neil Ashton on the Football Writers programme the other night. His opinion on Chelsea's woes this season is that the players are "bored with the constant grind of Mourinho's tactics, ekeing out results. Mourinho is the ultimate trophy hunter." That might explain why he has a three season shelf life, especially if he's using the same midfield players week in week out. The sudden loss of form of Ivanovic and Terry, however, has more to do with their age. Fabregas has hit a brick wall because he's been trawling up and down the pitch at the highest level since he was 17 years old, and can't hack the kick,,b******k and bite of the Premier League any more.

Mo won,t make it till Christmas..............he has lost the dressing,certain players don,t want to play for him anymore..............regardless of what they may say in the press and when interviewed. Back to the Merry go round of one season managers for us............unless the gangster from A Madrid fancies it.

• Like 1

Mo won,t make it till Christmas..............he has lost the dressing,certain players don,t want to play for him anymore..............regardless of what they may say in the press and when interviewed. Back to the Merry go round of one season managers for us............unless the gangster from A Madrid fancies it.

If we lose to Villa at home next Saturday, he'll be out on his ear by Monday Keith. Matic is injured apparently.

Ivanovic out for three weeks! Possibly saved Jose's job?biggrin.png

That all depends on whether Mourinho still retains the respect of the rest of the team, particularly the 'names' in the dressing room. It's impossible to gauge their feelings towards him from the statements released to the media, as the modern day Premier League footballer, when interviewed, doesn't tell you anything that you already know. Reminiscent of a drugged up mental patient wheeled in front of the cameras, mouthing a few words that he's been programmed to say. It's only when they finish their playing days that they then, suddenly, get bolshy and opinionated.

• Like 2

Agreed, no player will publicly criticise his manager while he is in contention to be part of the next match day squad.Players are not known for having high IQ's but that would be stretching the imagination.

I think many in the football community would just hope for Mourinho to now shut up and get on with what he is paid, very well, to do... manage

• Like 1

You Chelsea fans are still behind Maureen I hope? Yes/no?

He might be an annoying <deleted> to non-Chelsea fans, but he's the best manager around (and I would rate him more astute than Rednose in his prime).

As long as he does his job properly, as any other employee of the club, I've got no axe to grind BB. It's when he sticks his head in the sand and blatantly refuses to recognise what's going wrong, because he has his 'favourites', which get's me angry. It's as though he thinks that, because he's won umpteen trophies, he can never be wrong whatever he chooses to do.

• Like 2

a scratchy win at home against a presently glorified punching bag, aston villa

await to see how the next two EPL matchs (west ham , l/pool ) pan out ,to see if the bad run is, over red rover!!!

still cannot see how f/gas still gets the nod,and matic the flick,with hazard the destroyerfacepalm.gif

it took a hammy to get rid of branno,perhaps f/gas is in the same leaguesad.png surely just one flash of brilliance,does.nt get him on the team sheet !! or does it????

baba had a better second half,but hutton brushed him off, like swatting flies at a paul hogan b.b.qlaugh.png in the first half

the governor is back in town,by putting in a solid shift clap2.gif just luv the gov, warts and all

a beautiful sunday morning to all my readers on the footy forum ,back tommorow for round 9 review please drop insmile.png

• Like 1

Yes, scratchy just about sums it up E/S. however, for a team that is low on confidence, it what was particularly pleasing to see the rapid closing down of the opposition, which ultimately led to both our goals. Even though Rahman was being shoved around by Hutton, who isn't worth two bob in my book, he at least showed a tendency to get forward and attack the flanks. But, his upper body strength needs to be worked on. Loftus -Cheek has an abundance of ability but needs to learn that, to win games, you have to work for the team and not yourself.

As far as I could make out, we started with a 4-1-4-1 formation, although the holding midfielder could have been any one from three. Willian was the stand out player for us, pressing and annoying the hell out of their defenders. Fabregas is so slow about the pitch, he makes John Terry look like Usain Bolt. He did nothing to suggest that he was on his way back to last season's form.

I reckon Villa will survive this season because their away form, although not productive at the moment, is such that they are not getting rolled over by anybody. However, they must start getting points at home. How they managed to draw against Sunderland and get beat by West Brom is beyond me because those two are toilet.

That was painful to watch for me...........misplaced passes poor control poor tackling no shape hesitant.........thuckking awful. John terry cant even be relied upon to win aerial battles any more and as for man to man marking............forget it....he is getting well and truly tied inside out. Dave has spent so long at Lb he looked lost at Rb................Baba was lightweight at best. We are in for some tough times and we won,t find any team as soft as Villa were imho.

• Like 1

Totally agree Keith. We made Villa look half decent. Still very few chances created and taken. And light at the back.

Some big matches coming up. Let's hope tomorrow night against Dynamo Kiev we see a better performance but I'm just like the team, not confident

Trip

• Like 2

That was the best i have seen us play this season. Ramires was superb along with Matic. Have to say that Dave does look more comfortable at Lb than he did at Rb on Saturday.Wilian was the star of the show and Hazard was unplayable at times,Zouma looked a little uncomfortable at Rb...but to his credit he stuck with it and didn,t let the side down. Yep a really positive display all round. thumbsup.gif

+1 Keith

Dave completely marked their star man out of the match. MOTM for me.

Matic superb. Willian great and Hazard coming into form. Ramirez solid

West Ham away next. Yes they're playing well but I feel we can get a result this weekend

Trip