Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Think you won that game on points. Better from Chelsea. Good morale booster.

Ps. Never realised until today that Fabragas (spelling) can't run.

Where's the Great Even Stevens by the way?

Your analysis of a Tottenham related game have become woefully predictable. You need to move on from the 4-1 humping we gave you.

The draw was a fair result for this game.

btw, how do you win a game on points?!!

Your analysis of a Tottenham related game have become woefully predictable. You need to move on from the 4-1 humping we gave you.

I told it like I saw it. I did not say that a draw wasn't a fair result for the game; it was the right result. My comments meant - and you know this despite the pedantics - that i thought Chelsea "won" the game "on points", "morale victory", etc, and ALL of us on these football forums, including you Carmine, know and understand such football-speak.

]

I told it like I saw it. I did not say that a draw wasn't a fair result for the game; it was the right result. My comments meant - and you know this despite the pedantics - that i thought Chelsea "won" the game "on points", "morale victory", etc, and ALL of us on these football forums, including you Carmine, know and understand such football-speak.

]

As usual you see things in a game no one else seems too.

Incidentally, would you match analysis that Chelsea won on points and had a moral victory be in any way reflected in the fact that Spurs had more possession, and more goal attempts and more shots on target. The cliched "one on points" is gibberish. Its the type of comment i'd expect from the so called tv "pundits"

What i will say is thats the best i've seen from Chelsea this season. Worked very hard, players like Hazard getting back to form, lots of positives to be taken out of the game by Mourinho.

Edited by carmine

When I saw Ivanovic and Fabregas in the line up, I feared the worst. Danny Rose bursting down the wing and leaving Ivanovic in his wake and Dembele sauntering past Fabregas as though he isn't there. But it didn't happen. With the excellent Willian generally employed on the right, Rose was rarely able to get forward so Ivanovic had a fairly easy time of it. With Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Pedro looking lively, interchanging in attack, then dropping off when they had the ball, their back four didn't have it easy. Matic is slowly getting back to his best form but isn't there yet. Fabregas worked hard but is desperately slow plus his main attribute, his passing game. was well off. I thought our defence was excellent throughout, keeping Kane and Son quiet the longer the game wore on.

As far as Costa is concerned, he can disappear in January or rot on the bench for all I care. It made me grin when one of the commentators said, after Hazard had headed over, that Costa would have buried it. No f****** chance because, this season, he would never have got in position to get on the end of the cross. I was highly delighted that Mourinho resisted the temptation to sling him on at the death, putting on Kenedy and Loftus - Cheek instead which was a confidence boost for the youngsters.

• Like 2

When I saw Ivanovic and Fabregas in the line up, I feared the worst. Danny Rose bursting down the wing and leaving Ivanovic in his wake and Dembele sauntering past Fabregas as though he isn't there. But it didn't happen. With the excellent Willian generally employed on the right, Rose was rarely able to get forward so Ivanovic had a fairly easy time of it. With Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Pedro looking lively, interchanging in attack, then dropping off when they had the ball, their back four didn't have it easy. Matic is slowly getting back to his best form but isn't there yet. Fabregas worked hard but is desperately slow plus his main attribute, his passing game. was well off. I thought our defence was excellent throughout, keeping Kane and Son quiet the longer the game wore on.

As far as Costa is concerned, he can disappear in January or rot on the bench for all I care. It made me grin when one of the commentators said, after Hazard had headed over, that Costa would have buried it. No f****** chance because, this season, he would never have got in position to get on the end of the cross. I was highly delighted that Mourinho resisted the temptation to sling him on at the death, putting on Kenedy and Loftus - Cheek instead which was a confidence boost for the youngsters.

Pretty fair assessment of a very ,for the neutral,disappointing game .I''m not so sure putting on youngsters for the last few minutes builds their confidence at the 60 m mark maybe .Chelsea went to get a point so I guess they are the happier.The last 5 mins just hoofing the ball downfield reminded me of 2 pub teams who had run their race.In Spurs case understandable after all their travelling and a lost opportunity for Chelsea to nick a goal at the death but the managers words "don't lose" would have been ringing in their ears.

As for Costa I dont think it ever entered Mourinhos head to put him on ,make him warm up further rubbbing salt into the wound and well deserved.

• Like 2

]

As usual you see things in a game no one else seems too.

Incidentally, would you match analysis that Chelsea won on points and had a moral victory be in any way reflected in the fact that Spurs had more possession, and more goal attempts and more shots on target. The cliched "one on points" is gibberish. Its the type of comment i'd expect from the so called tv "pundits"

What i will say is thats the best i've seen from Chelsea this season. Worked very hard, players like Hazard getting back to form, lots of positives to be taken out of the game by Mourinho.

Your last paragraph is exactly why out of form Champions won on points over the "youngest team in the Premier" TM (isn't that term getting boring) who are on a great run and missed the chance to move in to the top 4.

Chelsea played as a compact team again and coped well with Spurs. The longer the game went on the more I fancied Chelsea to get the goal.

Carmine as always you seem intent on disagreeing with my view of the game AS A NEUTRAL, so why not give the forum your view.

]

• Like 1

Startling what has happened to Fabregas. Not only is he slow but often appears to be in a daze.

Lsst season I said on the City forum that I thought Fabregas was the signing of the close season. Is his lack of form related in any way to something off the field (for example, I reckon Nasri performances have been poor since he got that girlfriend he split with very recently. ..coincidence maybe)?

• Like 1

Startling what has happened to Fabregas. Not only is he slow but often appears to be in a daze.

Lsst season I said on the City forum that I thought Fabregas was the signing of the close season. Is his lack of form related in any way to something off the field (for example, I reckon Nasri performances have been poor since he got that girlfriend he split with very recently. ..coincidence maybe)?

I wouldn't know about anything off the pitch, but his form has been going downhill for the past two-three years. The Barcelona faithful were glad to see him go. Too much football over the years ? Its been a long haul for Fabregas. He clearly has next to no explosiveness now and at times seems to be going through the motions. Maybe a confidence issue ? Hard to say.

• Like 2

I wouldn't know about anything off the pitch, but his form has been going downhill for the past two-three years. The Barcelona faithful were glad to see him go. Too much football over the years ? Its been a long haul for Fabregas. He clearly has next to no explosiveness now and at times seems to be going through the motions. Maybe a confidence issue ? Hard to say.

He's been around for a hell of a long time. As a midfielder, he's put in a lot of miles and all that work eventually takes it's toll. Last season, a new club and he had the flavour This season is one too many for him, especially in the Premier League. Most recently, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney have realised that.

• Like 2

^I just googled his age is 28 so can't be an age decline thing surely.

Maybe if he's run a lot more miles than other 28 year olds.

Only seapok can answer this one! tongue.png

Yeah Smokes, that lad can certainly put in the miles. He ran along Hadrians Wall earlier this year and I emailed him and said, for a joke, "It's the Great Wall of China next". He replied that that was his next target. Knowing him, he wasn't joking. He's bloody loopy!

• Like 1

^I just googled his age is 28 so can't be an age decline thing surely.

Maybe if he's run a lot more miles than other 28 year olds.

Quite right Bob. He made his debut for Arsenal at 17 years old. Defenders and strikers can get away with it, but when your part of the 'engine room' of the team, over the course of time, it wears you down.

• Like 2

Maybe an egg slicer is near the mark, but the rest put forward by simpletons on Twitter are ridiculous. I doubt the application will get the go ahead unless copious amounts of cash are passed under the Council's table.

^Is the idea to retain some of the existing structure or demolish and rebuild new all in 3 years?

I haven't taken much notice of the details of the application BB. I would guess, however, that at least part of the existing stadium is Listed, which means that it can't be demolished without permission from people like National Heritage.

The Chelsea Pitch Owners or whoever it is that owns the freehold to the land are to blame. Roman offered to build a brand new gaff located nearby didn't he but they wouldn't play ball? Now your stuck with having to make do on your current spot and the upheaval it will cause whilst being redeveloped.

• Like 1

The Chelsea Pitch Owners or whoever it is that owns the freehold to the land are to blame. Roman offered to build a brand new gaff located nearby didn't he but they wouldn't play ball? Now your stuck with having to make do on your current spot and the upheaval it will cause whilst being redeveloped.

Meanwhile in East London,West Ham are making further preparations for their move to the Olympic stadium.

Exciting times indeed.

Meanwhile in East London,West Ham are making further preparations for their move to the Olympic stadium.

Exciting times indeed.

As Chelsea are having problems negotiating a deal for 3 years at Wombley or Twickenham, surprised Roman didn't buy or rent Upton Park to solve the problem...capacity only slightly less than Stamford Bridge.

]

Exciting times indeed.

Might have escaped your notice but you are playing <deleted>! gigglem.gif

Exciting times indeed.

Might have escaped your notice but you are playing <deleted>! gigglem.gif

It may have escaped you also that we are a mere 3 points behind your lot,so I'm a very happy hammer at this stage of the season.

Incase you haven't seen the table I've included a picture for you.

My apologies to the Chelsea thread for slightly veering of topic.

post-118612-14491109900613_thumb.jpg

Seriously though, is Jose really that good a manager?

His trophy count would say yes, but besides Porto, he has either walked in to manage teams with a shed load of money, or an already title winning side, or a shed load of money and an already title winning side.

• Like 1