Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I had to watch the game on a silly laptop via youtube, being I was ensconced in the back of beyond. Never again as it conked out ten minutes before the end, which was fortunate in some respects because, if I had seen Oscar's penalty miss live, I would have had to shell out for a new laptop for the wife's niece. A game of fits and starts for the team with limp defending contributing to their second goal, followed by some of the best football we've played all season leading up to our equaliser.

I thought it was a bit harsh the fans giving Hazard some 'jib' when he came on, as I didn't single him out as a non trier during Mourinho's time. Yes he wasn't at his best, but that was mainly due to doing a double shift to compensate for the sloths in midfield and full back. How would anyone feel when you know that there are other team mates who are not putting it all in and you are having to pull your b******s out to cover? Your confidence would take a nose dive, especially if the manager is in your face half the time.

Irony..Og... All i saw was the last ten minutes.............and the noise i made at Oscar,s penalty attempt cheesy.gifcheesy.gif made my Father -in-laws Chicken fall out of the Jasmine tree he was nesting in.........some 20ft up i may add. Usa goals kept telling me site not allowed...Doofootball just 3 white flickering dots and the odd bit of live footage for no more than a minute.....no commentary at all on the Chelsea fc website........ then in the 82nd minute Doofootball decided it had put me through enough facepalm.giffacepalm.gifand let me watch what was left. So nothing i can add on last nights game another than nothing has changed.......via team selection that is. Personally i would drop Terry for the Man u game and bring back Zouma.......if Gus does that and then makes Ivan Captain............then nothing other than some players putting in a bit more effort will have changed at all.

Weird that, Keith. Hiddink has given licence for Ivanovic to get forward but his defensive side of the game is still amateurish. Gawd knows what will happen if Depay decides to produce his A game. If he does he'll destroy Ivanovic. Regarding Hiddink's team selection, I think he's giving the established 'stars' another chance to prove their worth but I will want the sword to drop very quickly if they look like they're not putting it all in. No Costa today so I would like to see Remy start as the main striker. Blimey, he's shown enough in his bit parts to earn the right.

yes O/G gus will give mou.s trusted team a start and weed them out ,one by onesmile.png

and the first one is f/gas, replaced at h/t against watford,got a fever for m/u clap2.gif not even in the squadclap2.gif

remy from my reports is injured,(again)and falcao is on a walk aboutlaugh.png

hazard the destroyer is also injured,therefore i would put your piece of shit,oscar as a false number ninesmile.png

both m/u and c/sea are in shitters ditch, who.s to win , would,nt have a fluffing clue

a lovely late morning to all my readersbiggrin.png

Swansea get a draw at Palace

Norwich beat Villa at home

Newcastle win at West Brom

Chelsea get beaten by 2 goals at United and there in the bottom 3.

But surely NONE of us want United to win, eh!

If it keeps LVG in a job for a few more months, one step forward three steps back type win scenario

No Bob. It would be a very rare occasion I would ever want United to win and this isn't one of them.

I never want you United to win anything ever, but I think they will win less and end up further down the table if LVG stays and that is one less team to deal with in our slim hope of a top 4 finish. Also, seeing Chelsea in 18th for a week would tickle me pink. It's a win/win for me.

If it keeps LVG in a job for a few more months, one step forward three steps back type win scenario

No Bob. It would be a very rare occasion I would ever want United to win and this isn't one of them.

I never want you United to win anything ever, but I think they will win less and end up further down the table if LVG stays and that is one less team to deal with in our slim hope of a top 4 finish. Also, seeing Chelsea in 18th for a week would tickle me pink. It's a win/win for me.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

I want the chavs in the relegation zone until June.

• Like 1

Interesting, as soon as Mourinho goes you start playing better!

Better but not well enough.

That's the ticket chavs!

Nearly always the way, players start worrying the new man will get rid. So they start trying a bit more.

How many times have you heard players say 'yeah were 100% behind the manager only for him to be sacked and then the very same player saying about the new man he's really great and got us on another level,, or words to that effect..players don't give a fuc for the clubs or the.managers it's all about contracts and money for them.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Palace were shockingly poor today though BB. Haven't scored in the last 3 games and they even stopped pressing at 0-1

Not sure CFC are back but I can see a slight improvement maybe just in confidence but an away win should hopefully get them back on track.

Mikel was superb today BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Palace were poor and fizzled out after 15-20 minutes.

Mikel was excellent, so much so that the Mrs asked who he was and where was he from - she was even more impressed after the game with his English accent ;-)

Still while Palace were poor, Chelsea had their swagger back

)

• Like 2

one swallow does,nt make a summer,but away win and keeping palace nude will help c/sea to climb out of shitters ditch

gus,s quite, but tough managerial skills are his trade mark ,which seem to flow through to most teams that he has managed

his first spell at c/sea was impeccable (70% win ratio),he engineered the 2006 socceroo.s to a q/f place at the world cup,before italy knocked us out,with the help of a one eye ref, we were done in that day

gus will at least get us out of shitters ditchsmile.png

a beautiful morning,and a late happy new year to all my readers , on the footy forum

• Like 2

Chelsea are back! Excellent performance; best of the season?. Made the 2nd half boring for the neutral though.

now the player's are playing what they get paid for,they should be made to pay back, to all the loyal fans that paid good money to watch them.

• Like 1

A thoroughly clinical and professional performance from a group of players who couldn't give a monkey's f*** a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen Oscar string two good games together for eons but, suddenly, he's on blob. What, I wonder, is the sudden transformation down to? Well, no matter what the players say to the media, we all know the answer to that one. What angers me the most, is that there were certain players in the squad who were willing to drag the club into a relegation fight to get their own way. And, as usual, they do.

I've got to agree with you lads, the Man of the Match was Mikel. Absolutely different class. I was discussing this with Keith last night, who happens to be staying at Oldgit Towers for a few nights and we both agreed that Mikel has always had the talent, superb control with both feet BUT he's as slow as me and, when we do sit back and he has players bearing down on him, he's vulnerable. Stick him higher up the pitch, the same as he plays for his country, and he's in his element. I must admit though that, when I saw the starting line up, I was holding my head. No Matic and Ramires, we're doomed. It shows you how much I know.

• Like 2

Some great moments in the first half against Scunthorpe and I thought we might be heading in the right direction. A whiff of luck about Costa's goal but hey ho, I'll take it.

However the second half was shockingly poor again. No possession to sing about, constantly giving the ball away as if it was the plan[emoji85][emoji85]

I was just losing interest when RLC strolled onto a low cross and calmly placed it in the bottom corner as cool as a cucumber.

Still not convinced we'll even make top half

• Like 1

top half no way. MR TRIP biggrin.png but least a point last nite ,gets us away from shitters ditchsmile.png

just another ordinary performance at our famed fortress , teams come to beat us there now sad.png

my dream is ...that there will be a massive clear out starting with brannoclap2.gif

bring some youngsters in immediately, E.G . loftus ,baba, kenedy,start them , not from the bench!!!!

change our formation!! even the good lord has sussed us outlaugh.png

but only a dreamfacepalm.gif

a beautiful morning to all my adoring readerssmile.png on the footy forum

• Like 1

top half no way. MR TRIP biggrin.png but least a point last nite ,gets us away from shitters ditchsmile.png

just another ordinary performance at our famed fortress , teams come to beat us there now sad.png

my dream is ...that there will be a massive clear out starting with brannoclap2.gif

bring some youngsters in immediately, E.G . loftus ,baba, kenedy,start them , not from the bench!!!!

change our formation!! even the good lord has sussed us outlaugh.png

but only a dreamfacepalm.gif

a beautiful morning to all my adoring readerssmile.png on the footy forum

That,s what i have been seeing nearly all season...........4 to 5 players not doing enough...or just playing shiite,last night it was Pedro Ivanovich Oscar Mikel and Terry imho.

Huddink just does n,t have the Balls to drop Terry or Ivanovich,and i just hope for some of the fringe players and some of the players out on loan,that whoever takes charge next season has the guts to clear out a LOT of dead wood. Would not surprise me to see Zouma dropped for the Everton game as in the last ten minutes he was all over the place. Why? Because of the work he had to do to cover the two turtles either side of him he was almost legless at the end.........poor sod.

• Like 2

I only listened to radio commentary last night but it sounded like we threw away 2 points.

Keith's right "all over the place" at the end and should have shut down the game at 2-1

Indeed a clear out is required and that may include JT (even though it hurts me to suggest that JT is past it[emoji26])

Edited by MrTrip
  • Like 2

I only listened to radio commentary last night but it sounded like we threw away 2 points.

Keith's right "all over the place" at the end and should have shut down the game at 2-1

Indeed a clear out is required and that may include JT (even though it hurts me to suggest that JT is past it[emoji26])

Rafa likes thisthumbsup.gif

That,s what i have been seeing nearly all season...........4 to 5 players not doing enough...or just playing shiite,last night it was Pedro Ivanovich Oscar Mikel and Terry imho.

Huddink just does n,t have the Balls to drop Terry or Ivanovich,and i just hope for some of the fringe players and some of the players out on loan,that whoever takes charge next season has the guts to clear out a LOT of dead wood. Would not surprise me to see Zouma dropped for the Everton game as in the last ten minutes he was all over the place. Why? Because of the work he had to do to cover the two turtles either side of him he was almost legless at the end.........poor sod.

This reminded me of the way West Brom played at Liverpool, fancying their chances and closing down and pressing high up the pitch. The main problem we have, other than a below par Hazard, is that we have a midfield that like to go forward but are useless at closing down and defending. Oscar puts in the occasional tackle when he fancies it, Fabregas and Pedro?... no comment. Willian is the glaringly obvious exception. covering every blade of grass. Mikel reverted to type for this game, unable to get the ball away quick enough. I wasn't that impressed with Courtois either.

Costa played well until he got involved. Your right Keith, Zouma put in a shift and a half until the last ten minutes when he looked like Frank Sinclair's son. All in all, we have a team that find it hard to break teams down at home because we don't have the speed and guile in midfield. We might get a bit more space against Everton as they will definitely be looking to roll us over.

• Like 2

This reminded me of the way West Brom played at Liverpool, fancying their chances and closing down and pressing high up the pitch. The main problem we have, other than a below par Hazard, is that we have a midfield that like to go forward but are useless at closing down and defending. Oscar puts in the occasional tackle when he fancies it, Fabregas and Pedro?... no comment. Willian is the glaringly obvious exception. covering every blade of grass. Mikel reverted to type for this game, unable to get the ball away quick enough. I wasn't that impressed with Courtois either.

Costa played well until he got involved. Your right Keith, Zouma put in a shift and a half until the last ten minutes when he looked like Frank Sinclair's son. All in all, we have a team that find it hard to break teams down at home because we don't have the speed and guile in midfield. We might get a bit more space against Everton as they will definitely be looking to roll us over.

Courtois disappointed me too.......6ft 6ins tall, can reach to a height of over 8 feet without leaving the ground,yet hardly ever makes a corner or cross his......very very disappointing. Fire the goalkeeping coach.

Beat Everton on Saturday and all is forgiven...............but my money wont be on that happening unsure.png

• Like 1

yes b/b a fair dinkum aussiesmile.png ,but. there is a half baked one running around on the m.u threadlaugh.png all fizzled out

cobber no heads up on anthony,but if he is a current socceroo why not, as this current squad is coming up to the viduka ,kewell glory days

when cth turned the lights out, , it was with sadness that i discontinue my EPL top 6 thread, and just kept a few posts on the c/sea ,on which my mate recorded for me,and a few which i have seen live on the idiot box

do hope that true visions get a subby for next season

leave u with this cobber , get on your m/.city , arsenal will shit themselves in due course!!!!!

forget about the restbiggrin.png

a nice late evening to all my fans on the footy forumsmile.png