Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Men against boys for the most part although City's youngsters caused us a few problems in the first half. I'm astonished at the transformation of Fabregas since Hiddink has come in. I was making a case for saying he was over the hill, too many miles on the clock etc., but he's been terrific for us, his use of the ball, looking for the killer pass and generally dominating the midfield has been first class. He also hasn't forgotten his defensive duties, racing back to protect the central partnership when an attack breaks down.

Pedro was back to his 'will o' the wisp' best, fantastic movement off the ball to get into scoring positions. Those two goals he scored against Newcastle has restored his confidence. Hazard is still not the player of last season. He looks like he's still playing with a slight injury to me, as his turn of foot is missing and, with that, his confidence. However, that goal from his exquisite free kick clearly meant a lot to him with the rest of the team swarming around offering their congratulations. Traore is a fantastic talent, quick and elusive, and is showing Hiddink that he is a worthy substitute to Costa, offering another option in attack. My big fear though, is the return of Terry which means that Ivanovic, who has looked more like his old self at centre back, will revert to full back and utter tedium once more.

Fabregas should be made skipper. Glad blind Gus is playing Traore up front where he should be....... Mo played him at Left back in his only ever full game for Chelsea.

I've really been looking forward to seeing Bertrand Traore get his chance. He played great in the Bangkok game a couple of preseason's ago (if memory serves me) when he played wide on the right. He looked a real handful with bags of pace and plenty of skill and tricks. I also noticed his personality as he is always a happy smiling kid who is obviously enjoying life at CFC. I really hope he makes it but to be honest he has really taken his chances when coming off the bench. Ok the games have been almost sealed and over but he still took the chances and scored.

Hopefully a very bright future for the young Burkinabe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Men against boys for the most part although City's youngsters caused us a few problems in the first half. I'm astonished at the transformation of Fabregas since Hiddink has come in. I was making a case for saying he was over the hill, too many miles on the clock etc., but he's been terrific for us, his use of the ball, looking for the killer pass and generally dominating the midfield has been first class. He also hasn't forgotten his defensive duties, racing back to protect the central partnership when an attack breaks down.

Pedro was back to his 'will o' the wisp' best, fantastic movement off the ball to get into scoring positions. Those two goals he scored against Newcastle has restored his confidence. Hazard is still not the player of last season. He looks like he's still playing with a slight injury to me, as his turn of foot is missing and, with that, his confidence. However, that goal from his exquisite free kick clearly meant a lot to him with the rest of the team swarming around offering their congratulations. Traore is a fantastic talent, quick and elusive, and is showing Hiddink that he is a worthy substitute to Costa, offering another option in attack. My big fear though, is the return of Terry which means that Ivanovic, who has looked more like his old self at centre back, will revert to full back and utter tedium once more.

Fabregas should be made skipper. Glad blind Gus is playing Traore up front where he should be....... Mo played him at Left back in his only ever full game for Chelsea.

Good call that Keith.

• Like 1

Agree OG. for me its all about the pace and tempo. look at the PSG game, we were great playing one touch high tempo football until Oscar came on and slowed it all down. Fabregas needs to be playing deep to get a good view of those willing runners and provide the perfect ball over the top. Pedro has amazed me in his last 3 games, he could easily fight Hazard's place in the team at the moment.

Loving the Baba/Azpi FB's. Why if the fans cant see how much better the team is without Brana at RB, why cant the manager, any manager see that??

and now Everton away in the FA Cup, bring it on

Beats me Mr. T. It seems that Hiddink didn't trust Rahman defensively. But surely, after a couple of games, he must see that the balance and, as you rightly point out, tempo is much better with the Azpilicueta/ Rahman combination? I'm also looking forward to getting Ake back next season.

• Like 1

I see they have arrested the cigarette lighter thrower. Now for the coin thrower(s). Disgusting

when one so young(or anyone for that matter) wants to celebrate scoring a goal at any ground in front of the opposition supporters, should cop what ever comes his way

DISGUSTING!!!! get a life, the norm anywhere in the EPL

hope he learns from it

It might be that the Chelsea fans were showing their appreciation at the move that led to the goal!

Edited by oldgit

OG funny that, I was thinking about Nathan Ake during the MCFC game. Will he be able to get in the CFC team? He's been pretty consistent for Watford and you can see the benefits of a PL loan. I'm not sure if he is really top 4 PL or CL material but I'd like to see more of him. Having said that there's plenty around to remind all CFC fans that we are currently NOT top 4.

Don't forget we still have Kenedy to squeeze in if possible?

CFC playing in my hometown on Saturday. hopefully another 3 points

UTC!!

Trip

• Like 1

You'll be back yes yes when you recall all your chumps next season and spend 100m quid on Pogba.

Chin up ebolastevens.

Pogba's going to City isn't he? Pep's not taking any chances with his legacy so this guy was probably first on his list of purchases! biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

OG funny that, I was thinking about Nathan Ake during the MCFC game. Will he be able to get in the CFC team? He's been pretty consistent for Watford and you can see the benefits of a PL loan. I'm not sure if he is really top 4 PL or CL material but I'd like to see more of him. Having said that there's plenty around to remind all CFC fans that we are currently NOT top 4.

UTC!!

Trip

He represents the future of Chelsea Mr. T, as does Kenedy who is more of an attacking midfielder to me. What's encouraging about Ake is that he wants to get forward as much as he can, but has learned, since he's been at Watford. not to shirk his defensive responsibilities. That's down to their very competent coach.

• Like 1

According to 'Sky sources', Antonio Conte will become the next Chelsea manager, after the Euros, with a three year contract.

Good choice I'd say. Intense, hard working, defensive minded manager...who won't pick a battle he can't win with the physio. thumbsup.gif

UTC!!

Trip

He represents the future of Chelsea Mr. T, as does Kenedy who is more of an attacking midfielder to me. What's encouraging about Ake is that he wants to get forward as much as he can, but has learned, since he's been at Watford. not to shirk his defensive responsibilities. That's down to their very competent coach.

I fancied Sanchez Flores to be on the shortlist for the next CFC manager to be honest.

• Like 1

CFC playing in my hometown on Saturday. hopefully another 3 point

there we go mr trip,a great 3 points away,and never in doubt, when baba was replaced( due to being under the pump) at h/t with kenedy who showed flashes of ashley colebiggrin.png

certainly deserves his place at left back to see if he can produce the same goods consistently at the highest levelsmile.png

arguably the last 30 mins was our best football played this season,as southampton are no push overs

with the gov all fired up, and fabers returning to pulling the strings, and tackling ( both were the foundation of mou,s downfallsad.png ) the rest took up the slack ,clap2.gif

my only gripe is mighty matic in place of plugger mikel but gus is having the last laugh at this point of time, chalk and cheese for mine

J.M.O. the sun at long last has broken through at the bridge, and shitters ditch stench is being replaced by the lovely smell of rosesbiggrin.png

long may it continue, and gus to do more tinkering with our youngsters, give them a go gus we can afford the gambles right now!!!!!!

in summing up our fair dinkum c/sea contributers on this thread ,have stuck together during a torrid times at the bridge this season

take a bow gentlemanclap2.gif

Yeah E/S,we're still together, because we think and know the club is more important than any individual, player or otherwise, that might want to f*** it up. And that most certainly would have happened if Mourinho was still here. That is not to totally pile the blame on him, because some of the present team would have got us into a relegation scrap to get rid of him.

• Like 1

You need to get out lot more.there is a big wide world out side of your Keyboard mate I would use it if I were you.trying to have a ..ssing contest with me is futile.

I fail to see what that has to do with my comment below facepalm.giffacepalm.giflaugh.png

Times must have changed if you think beating Soton feels like 9 points biggrin.png

After we took the decision to sacrifice the FA Cup tie with Chelsea, Pellegrini being very unhappy that the tie had to be on a Sunday not Saturday, now seems like you lot are being poorly treated by the FA and tv - seems no reasonable reason why your game couldn't be on a Sunday with another tie being on the Saturday. If teams in the CL can be given a hand without upsetting the other teams in the FA Cup then they should be given that help no matter how small. Next thing our coefficient drops and we loose a CL place and everybody is scratching their heads why!

"Hiddink is unhappy Chelsea's FA Cup sixth-round tie at Everton will be played on Saturday, 12 March.Chelsea were due to play Liverpool in the Premier League on 13 March and he doesn't see why the cup tie could not have been arranged for the same time".

You need to get out lot more.there is a big wide world out side of your Keyboard mate I would use it if I were you.trying to have a ..ssing contest with me is futile.

Ofcourse its not, you always bite.

I fail to see what that has to do with my comment below facepalm.giffacepalm.giflaugh.png

Times must have changed if you think beating Soton feels like 9 points biggrin.png

No ones mentioned the offside goal!!

just a bit latesmile.png but tweet .tweet another three( away) points,and in second gear

yes mr trip your top ten prediction while we were in shitters ditch is bearing fruit,well done cobberclap2.gif E/S thought at that particular time, not poss !!!

its a Hoo Roo. to all my admirers on the footy forumsmile.png

^What a referee error in the Premier, would you credit it

bh BB i reckon the officials do a very good job on the whole although i am in favor of limited video technology. Question is, how far do they take it?

^I wonder if these professional refs do a better job than refs in decades past. It is a difficult job but every round of games there's mistakes. Makes a mockery of the game that it can be decided by the ref and not by the teams.

It would help if the players stopped spending ninety minutes trying to con the officials then start crying when the official gets one wrong.

• Like 1

^I wonder if these professional refs do a better job than refs in decades past. It is a difficult job but every round of games there's mistakes. Makes a mockery of the game that it can be decided by the ref and not by the teams.

'Not by the teams'?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app