Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I've just had a look at oddschecker.com to see what the prices are for the next permanent Chelsea manager. All the main high street bookmakers have swerved around this particular market in case they get stung, but Betfair have the following odds available:

Hiddink....1/33. (Already weighed in, so it seems).

Allegri......45/1. (Distancing himself lately).

Conte......47/1. (His contract as the Italy coach expires after the Euros. A lively outsider).

Brendan Rodgers....56/1 (And is entitled to be that price).

Simeone......113/1 (A drifter but still worth putting on a few quid).

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Ronald Koeman...949/1. Who reportedly asked Hiddink to "put in a good word for him for the Chelsea job". At those odds and if I was Hiddink, I would pile in THEN praise him to the hilt to the Chelsea board. Saying that, he's a capable manager.

Vincenzo Montella...949/1 who I think is still manager of Sampdoria.

Blaady disappointing that Blind Gus is odds on Og...........of the above i.ll widen my short-list of 2 (Simeone and Pooch) to include Deschamps at a push.

oldgit has got it wrong keith.

Hiddink is 14/1

Looks like its Conte or Allegri

Conte's strengthened to 24-1 while Simeone has drifted to 189-1 and Pochettino is at 474-1. A couple of other candidates at fancy prices are:

Joachim Low.......949-1.

Quique Sanchez Flores......949-1 who's adapted himself very well in the Premier League but comes across as too nice for our squad of egos.

Leonid Viktorovich Slutsky....949-1. Yeah, I thought it was a wind up as well, although I suspect that football encyclopaedias like Stevie H probably know what he has for breakfast. How can anyone fail with a name like that? He's the present Russian coach with a win percentage of 83.3% and a contract that ceases after the Euros.

Mate, I have no idea where you have got those prices from, but they are off the chart.

The odds for next permanent Chelsea manager

Conte is best price 8/11

Allegri 11/8

Pellegrini 14/1

Hiddink 14/1

Simeone 20/1

Those are odds for next permanent manager on first day of next season

Oddschecker.com, which lists prices for every bookmaker in the land but, at the time Jack, only Betfair were quoting odds (in case you're unaware, they are a bookmaker free organization in which someone will offer you a price on your opinion being wrong to a certain amount of money). Now I've just checked again and all those prices have been scrubbed, and the only firms I can see putting up now are Skybet and Paddy Power both of which are quoting the odds you've put up.

Against the worst team in the league...well done!

No this could be interesting mate because Chelsea are setting themselves up nicely with their current form to be the big spoilers in the race for the title. They really can affect who wins it.

We are not spoiling anything ..........Leicester will have won the title long before they play us. Only one tricky game for them in there next 6 fixtures with no other distractions Watford away imho.

what a load of cobblers. laugh.png

Want to elaborate on that then???

We are not spoiling anything ..........Leicester will have won the title long before they play us. Only one tricky game for them in there next 6 fixtures with no other distractions Watford away imho.

But's there's 12 fixtures to play facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

But's there's 12 fixtures to play facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Thucckk me i thought there was only chas and dave that ventured on to this forum from the North side of London............try this one numb nuts...... IMHO as stated......with me so far..........no difficult fixtures for Leic in there next 6 games..........er thuccking go not the same for u the arse or citeh....get it now

• Like 1

Thucckk me i thought there was only chas and dave that ventured on to this forum from the North side of London............try this one numb nuts...... IMHO as stated......with me so far..........no difficult fixtures for Leic in there next 6 games..........er thuccking go not the same for u the arse or citeh....get it now

Well it's no good speaking just speaking about the next 6 games when there's 12 to play or do we have to guess your prediction for the following 6 games facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I'm quite concerned about our defence tonight. Brana was shocking in the centre against NUFC after JT went off. In the second half he turned his back on a Mitrovic shot when Cahill was defending as he should, desperately trying to block the shot. And then for the goal, Brana just lets Townsend stroll into a shooting position whilst ball watching. Absolute doggy doo doo!!

I can see us conceding several goals, not confident on getting a result unless we can score at least 2 or 3 down the other end.

Fortunate to still be in this tie................Psg should have won by more than the 1 goal. Don,t know why blind Gus started Mikel facepalm.gif,he is utterly useless. Hazard had a stinker.....a game to forget.

Totally agree Keith. Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Courtois and Rahman were terrific, while our midfield was overrun. Fabregas was the only one who came out of this with any credit, resolute in his defensive duties and, when he was allowed to get forward, inventive. Willian flittered in and out of the game, Pedro worked hard but provided little offensively while Hazard didn't sparkle. I thought Costa did play well though.

PSG played exactly how they have always played against us. A quick, vibrant midfield who rarely put a pass out of place, their only Achilles heel being their defence.

Fortunate to still be in this tie................Psg should have won by more than the 1 goal. Don,t know why blind Gus started Mikel facepalm.gif,he is utterly useless. Hazard had a stinker.....a game to forget.

i enjoyed it,yes psg should have won by more goals,they will have to do better at stamford bridge,unless chelsea throws their toys out of the pram.

my highlight was 1hr.before the match,seeing them old pundits,gray,and kk.who was very grey, and a very looking fit souness,with a rather battered r.keys.

must be all of 20odd yrs.since i saw them guys. gray who was andy,keegan who was toshacks doubles partner and souness who was hard as dave mac.

chelsea for the second leg.

• Like 1

Any injuries for the weekend ;-)

Here we go, BB is on the subject of injuries again biggrin.png How many you got BB ? best to start your excuses on about 10 injured which no doubt will dramatically reduce down when the team is announced laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

i enjoyed it,yes psg should have won by more goals,they will have to do better at stamford bridge,unless chelsea throws their toys out of the pram.

my highlight was 1hr.before the match,seeing them old pundits,gray,and kk.who was very grey, and a very looking fit souness,with a rather battered r.keys.

must be all of 20odd yrs.since i saw them guys. gray who was andy,keegan who was toshacks doubles partner and souness who was hard as dave mac.

chelsea for the second leg.

Yes Taffy, it looked like the television room in an old peoples home.

Here we go, BB is on the subject of injuries again biggrin.png How many you got BB ? best to start your excuses on about 10 injured which no doubt will dramatically reduce down when the team is announced laugh.png

Oy, bit of banter with the Chelsea fans, what's it got to do with you?.

Here you go Alfie, something for you

post-19652-0-44967600-1455696774_thumb.j

Oy, bit of banter with the Chelsea fans, what's it got to do with you?.

Here you go Alfie, something for you

attachicon.gifdog-and-bone.jpeg

They don't do that mate. They just get all pissy and personal. Ask Keith!whistling.giflaugh.png

I see they have arrested the cigarette lighter thrower. Now for the coin thrower(s). Disgusting

when one so young(or anyone for that matter) wants to celebrate scoring a goal at any ground in front of the opposition supporters, should cop what ever comes his way

DISGUSTING!!!! get a life, the norm anywhere in the EPL

hope he learns from it

Men against boys for the most part although City's youngsters caused us a few problems in the first half. I'm astonished at the transformation of Fabregas since Hiddink has come in. I was making a case for saying he was over the hill, too many miles on the clock etc., but he's been terrific for us, his use of the ball, looking for the killer pass and generally dominating the midfield has been first class. He also hasn't forgotten his defensive duties, racing back to protect the central partnership when an attack breaks down.

Pedro was back to his 'will o' the wisp' best, fantastic movement off the ball to get into scoring positions. Those two goals he scored against Newcastle has restored his confidence. Hazard is still not the player of last season. He looks like he's still playing with a slight injury to me, as his turn of foot is missing and, with that, his confidence. However, that goal from his exquisite free kick clearly meant a lot to him with the rest of the team swarming around offering their congratulations. Traore is a fantastic talent, quick and elusive, and is showing Hiddink that he is a worthy substitute to Costa, offering another option in attack. My big fear though, is the return of Terry which means that Ivanovic, who has looked more like his old self at centre back, will revert to full back and utter tedium once more.

Fabregas should be made skipper. Glad blind Gus is playing Traore up front where he should be....... Mo played him at Left back in his only ever full game for Chelsea.

• Like 1

I see they have arrested the cigarette lighter thrower. Now for the coin thrower(s). Disgusting

when one so young(or anyone for that matter) wants to celebrate scoring a goal at any ground in front of the opposition supporters, should cop what ever comes his way

DISGUSTING!!!! get a life, the norm anywhere in the EPL

hope he learns from it

Really ,, absolutely not 'the

norm'. Make you 100% wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app