Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

14 minutes ago, StevieH said:

found the "judas" chants quite amusing. even the chelsea loyalists have finally turned on the sh*thouse mourinho now. 

his posturing at conte was funny. i watched conte play a lot during his career, he was a hard sod. he'd batter mourinho silly.

Its strange really because the average knuckle dragging chav moron and the pig eyed <deleted> Mourinho as so made for each other.  I suppose they didn't appreciate the chaos he caused at the club in order to get out of his contract and put himself in the frame for the forthcoming position at old Trafford.

I think Mourinho's gone at the game. Herrera gets red carded and he takes off his most talented midfield player and puts on Fellaini! I made that a right result. No wonder Mkhitaryan looked peeved, coming off for that log of wood. Once we got the goal, we strangled the life out of the game, although I had palpitations when Rashford was one on one with Cahill. Courtois is full of confidence now and brought off a first class save. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldgit said:

True. Cynical tactics by Mourinho to put Hazard through the mangle. However, from his scything runs in the first half, Hazard was largely a peripheral figure in the second half, content to let the ball do the work. In my mind, under orders from Conte to keep out of the way of the flailing tackles.

Conte read the United tactics very well and Chelsea coped well for a deserved win.  Mind you, after our display at Stamford Bridge last season i can't say too much i suppose!

Should be a cracking semi although i very much doubt Kane will be playing.  This Conte side has flair, something in the region of sixty goals already and can grind out matches when required.  Seem quite unstoppable at the moment so i'll be hoping for an off day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Conte read the United tactics very well and Chelsea coped well for a deserved win.  Mind you, after our display at Stamford Bridge last season i can't say too much i suppose!

Should be a cracking semi although i very much doubt Kane will be playing.  This Conte side has flair, something in the region of sixty goals already and can grind out matches when required.  Seem quite unstoppable at the moment so i'll be hoping for an off day.

Out of the other semi finalists, you're the most dangerous even without Kane.

Good result thoroughly deserved. Great 1st half for both Hazard and Luiz and ...De gea. 2nd half just one way traffic and only a matter of time before we scored. Costa imo could have done better with his chances. Conte masterclass.....mou just an arssse.

• Like 1

Just watched the youth team beat spurs 7_1 (9-2) over the both legs of the youth cup semi final. There are some good kids out there. Well done Jody Morris.[emoji122][emoji122]

Just a shame they didn't keep a clean sheet in both legs. On to final and MCFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

tough game, great away  result, and  a solid run continiung towards the title, largely due to knuckling down, and riding out,  the defensive  niggling tactics, adopted by teams of late

but still  30 points up for grabs, and  squeaky bum time has arrived

its a very nice morning to all

14 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

tough game, great away  result, and  a solid run continiung towards the title, largely due to knuckling down, and riding out,  the defensive  niggling tactics, adopted by teams of late

but still  30 points up for grabs, and  squeaky bum time has arrived

its a very nice morning to all

Can't see any squeaky bum time E/S.  I don't think your manager would allow it.  You're going to cruise it, or so it looks.

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Gutsy display that and a well earned 3 points. Kante was immense.

That he was Keith. The bloke was everywhere, breaking up attacks and driving forward with the ball. What a player! People who took the piss out of Luiz's defensive qualities need to reassess their opinions. He was superb yesterday and has been consistently good all season.

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just watched the youth team beat spurs 7_1 (9-2) over the both legs of the youth cup semi final. There are some good kids out there. Well done Jody Morris.??

Yeah, Jody's doing a fine job but, like our previous successful youth teams before, the players have to be exceptional to make it into the first team squad. The field gets wider as players of all ages and nationalities  wind up vying for a place. The footballing future of these lads is going to be tough.

That he was Keith. The bloke was everywhere, breaking up attacks and driving forward with the ball. What a player! People who took the piss out of Luiz's defensive qualities need to reassess their opinions. He was superb yesterday and has been consistently good all season.

Have to agree with you OG Luiz was superb yesterday, he reads the game so fast for a defender. I hadn't taken much notice of him recently so yesterday I paid close attention to him and yes he was so solid. We should have had more goals though in second half but credit to Grant in goal he made superb saves from both Pedro and RLC.

Also noted Kante has a few Cesc type passes in his locker as well as being a human dynamo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Have to agree with you OG Luiz was superb yesterday, he reads the game so fast for a defender. I hadn't taken much notice of him recently so yesterday I paid close attention to him and yes he was so solid. We should have had more goals though in second half but credit to Grant in goal he made superb saves from both Pedro and RLC.

Also noted Kante has a few Cesc type passes in his locker as well as being a human dynamo

And the way we coped without Hazard was impressive. Willian and Pedro didn't shirk the challenge of a physical contest.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Looks like we've only got Spurs to worry about now

I think your right Mr Trip....they have 2 tricky games to play imo Burnley away an Man u at home...in the past Arsenal would have been a tricky one for them...but now...not  so imo. Us Everton away and both Mancs to play are our hard ones imo. Plus a nice little semi to contend with ?

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think your right Mr Trip....they have 2 tricky games to play imo Burnley away an Man u at home...in the past Arsenal would have been a tricky one for them...but now...not  so imo. Us Everton away and both Mancs to play are our hard ones imo. Plus a nice little semi to contend with ?

I don't think we'd catch you even if we won all our remaining games.  its more a case of Chelsea not dropping enough points.  

I doubt we'll beat Burnley anyway, their home form is exceptional.

• Like 1