Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A good win against a mediocre Hull team, who are struggling in the Championship. But you try and beat what's in front of you, and we did that in emphatic fashion. Willian was alight on the night and every time he went on a run, the Hull defence crapped themselves. Giroud got his goal while Emerson introduced himself with a neat and tidy display. One thing he did show was he's got bundles of pace and is disciplined, We got a look at a couple of youngsters in the second half as we eased down a couple of gears. What I liked was that Drinkwater brought Scott into the game, as much as he could, to give the kid confidence. 'Cho' showed flashes of his searing pace and trickery. Terrific save  by Caballero for their penalty.

• Like 2

Don’t forget Pedro OG, he was also superb and scored a beautiful goal.

As you say Willian was fantastic and nearly got a hatrick.

Giroud stood out and proved his link up ability with 3 assists to go with his goal[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Rudiger still one of the first names on the team sheet for me,bold strong and wont be bullied off the ball.Zappa impresses me more and more,great pace,quick on the break and crosses into a dangerous area....yep he is looking more and more comfortable (although he did nearly f.. up in the 2nd half) but nobody is perfect. Pleased for Giroud and us as it is a must to have a competent (back up) striker. Batshuyai may well come good in time so its all win win. As you say Og good display from Emerson and yes MrTrip nice touches from Pedro and a great performance from Willian. 

Just need Eden to be on fire (again) on Tuesday and the rest of the lads to be positive....and who knows.

• Like 1

You've pretty much covered the match between you so I won't bother repeating what's been posted already, but one thing that struck me was the leniency of the yellow card for the forearm smash into Cahill's face, which I thought was a blatant red. Any thoughts on it?

25 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Pleased for Giroud and us as it is a must to have a competent (back up) striker.

old knee jerker like to do some trumpeting,:smile: Giroud will be our number one striker in due course,( not a back up) , , and at 18 mil a mere snip, even when taking into consideration he has a few miles on the clock, he can create problems  with his presence  leading  up front giving his flankmen and in the hole more room to  ply their trade( , the Governor and Drogba spring to mind),, could be possibly the buy of  the season, ,a nice late evening to all my lovers and foe,s on the Footy Forum

12 hours ago, evenstevens said:

old knee jerker like to do some trumpeting,:smile: Giroud will be our number one striker in due course,( not a back up) , , and at 18 mil a mere snip, even when taking into consideration he has a few miles on the clock, he can create problems  with his presence  leading  up front giving his flankmen and in the hole more room to  ply their trade( , the Governor and Drogba spring to mind),, could be possibly the buy of  the season, ,a nice late evening to all my lovers and foe,s on the Footy Forum

God your painful.  (Back up) in brackets meaning questionable that he will be a back up ....

Get it now???? ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You've pretty much covered the match between you so I won't bother repeating what's been posted already, but one thing that struck me was the leniency of the yellow card for the forearm smash into Cahill's face, which I thought was a blatant red. Any thoughts on it?

Yeah could have veen a red.

13 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I thought he was lucky to get just a yellow. Mariner had an excellent view of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Rudiger still one of the first names on the team sheet for me,bold strong and wont be bullied off the ball.Zappa impresses me more and more,great pace,quick on the break and crosses into a dangerous area....yep he is looking more and more comfortable (although he did nearly f.. up in the 2nd half) but nobody is perfect. Pleased for Giroud and us as it is a must to have a competent (back up) striker. Batshuyai may well come good in time so its all win win. As you say Og good display from Emerson and yes MrTrip nice touches from Pedro and a great performance from Willian. 

Just need Eden to be on fire (again) on Tuesday and the rest of the lads to be positive....and who knows.

Yeah Keith, Rudiger is nailed on to be in the team on Tuesday. We need pace in midfield and defence to combat Barcelona, which means no Fabregas and Cahill for this game. Difficult to choose between Morata and Giroud to start. Morata must still have the motivation to turn the 'old enemy' over while Giroud aerial prowess will help against a Barcelona central defence who are a bit dodgy in that department. In fact, motivation should not be a problem throughout the team as we've got an excellent record against Barcelona at home.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, evenstevens said:

I don't believe it! You never mentioned Conte!

• Like 2

Just now, oldgit said:

I don't believe it! You never mentioned Conte!

the jerk has pulled his head in, and left the heirachy  press barbs etc etc in his locker,and spoken about footy which he is paid a very handsome salary to do so , its given him a stay of exceution, results in the next few weeks will sort out his future at Chelsea  F.C

29 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Yeah Keith, Rudiger is nailed on to be in the team on Tuesday. We need pace in midfield and defence to combat Barcelona, which means no Fabregas and Cahill for this game. Difficult to choose between Morata and Giroud to start. Morata must still have the motivation to turn the 'old enemy' over while Giroud aerial prowess will help against a Barcelona central defence who are a bit dodgy in that department. In fact, motivation should not be a problem throughout the team as we've got an excellent record against Barcelona at home.

It might not be a bad time to play Barca. Their form has dropped a bit recently and they looked a bit leg weary yesterday against lowly Eibar.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

It might not be a bad time to play Barca. Their form has dropped a bit recently and they looked a bit leg weary yesterday against lowly Eibar.

Yes but this is a bit different JD. This is the Champions League so they'll dig up reserves of energy from somewhere.

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That says it all....only a mistake got them there goal.

Yeah, that was the only way they were going to get past us. I thought it was a disciplined, tactically astute performance by Conte and the team with everybody playing their part. Of course, they are a superb passing time so, to go toe to toe with them would have been suicidal. That was the way to play a team like that. Frustrate them into making a mistake and hit them on the counter with pace and precision. That's our game and that's what we do best.When they do give the ball away, they look on it as an affront, and become a bit reckless in chasing the ball down.

Twice the width of the post denied us before Willian's goal. I can't remember Courtois being troubled too much in the game, such was the organisation in defence and midfield. It just goes to show what this team can actually do when the motivation is there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

I thought it was a disciplined, tactically astute performance by Conte and the team with everybody playing their part.

no surprise to me ,as Conte the Jerk went back to the drawing board and played 10 of the starting 11,  that won the EPL title 2016/2017,  You know the so called below average players ,that Conte performed miracles with,  as our two resident knee  jerkers  K/S  and   O/G   like  to spruik on this thread   Fluffin Lol  and throw in Baka,s timely suspension to boot,   Barca are in the drivers seat, but C/sea have everything to play for in the return leg,and a repeat effort from the Knee Jerkers  below average players (what rubbish) may to the trick, here.s keeping my fingers crossed

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

A game for the connoisseur. Tactically a masterclass.

That you drew 1-1 ! yes a real masterclass

That was the way to play a team like that. Frustrate them into making a mistake and hit them on the counter with pace and precision. 

But you didn't  get anything from hitting them on the counter  :shock1: and quite ironic that it was your mistake that gifted them the goal !

I can't remember Courtois being troubled too much in the game

How much was their GK  troubled ?

Edited by alfieconn