Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Courtois hasnt developed into the world class GK that we thought he would , although he is good , he isnt the best and there is better out there .

A bit like Hazard really , a good player , but hasnt developed to world class , like Salah and KDB , two good players, who had the ability to be the best , but havent yet reached that level

Sorry but thats a lot of baloney.  Hazard and KdB are absolute world class and Coutois amongst the best keepers in the world.  Salah scored over forty goals....if that doesn't make him world class it makes him one of the most lethal goal scorers in europe.

They would all be classed as marquee signings and the three of them leaving Chelsea wasn't part of any bigger picture, rather massive misjudgment by your manager 

Edited by carmine

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Hazard not World Class like Salah ??? Hazard has been consistently good over a long period, Salah for 1 yr,  strange that your saying that now he want's to leave ! 

Has it been reported that Hazard wants to leave ?

I havent seen that reported .

Hazard can be world class at times , maybe its just his style , but I do think that he could do better , if he put more effort into it, every game .

He is a good player , but I do feel that he could be better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Now the papers are saying that negotiations with Sarri have broken down. Anybody who took the 6-1 on (not in this country of course!) and thought they were nicking money, must be crapping themselves.

Evaluating everything that's going on. Abramovich has withdrawn his visa application and is now an Israeli citizen. That means his days as an entrepeneur in the UK are over. However, being the owner of a football club in the UK doesn't mean that he is in the employ of that club. He can still visit the country for 6 months of the year.  Any investment which included a billion pound redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, which in turn, would have created jobs and impacted the local community, is finished for the foreseeable future. Then there's the news that Chelsea have ceased negotiations with Courtois's new contract and are willing to sell him on. Hazard's will be next on the horizon. This looks like Abramovich is backing off in a financial sense and, although the official line for the club is "business as usual", he is reacting to the Home Office's decision to 'make a point' at his expense. His next managerial appointment will have to fall in line with his frugality, which means you can dismiss big names like Zidane and Enrique from the equation. Avram Grant's been mentioned and, being a good friend of Abramovich, and in the current situation, it wouldn't surprise me if he was appointed!

Paul Lambert, David Moyes and Big Sam are all in the running now.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sorry but thats a lot of baloney.  Hazard and KdB are absolute world class and Coutois amongst the best keepers in the world.  Salah scored over forty goals....if that doesn't make him world class it makes him one of the most lethal goal scorers in europe.

They would all be classed as marquee signings and the three of them leaving Chelsea wasn't part of any bigger picture, rather massive misjudgment by your manager 

I did not say that KDB and Salah where not world class , a few years ago, Hazard was head and shoulders above them . KDB and Salah have improved over the last few years , whilst Hazard has stagnated .

I do feel that Hazard could have progressed to a higher standard .

Chelsea selling KDB and Salah wasnt really a misjudgment , because at the time they were just not good enough to get into the first team and no other big clubs came in for them, when they were on the transfer list

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Has it been reported that Hazard wants to leave ?

I havent seen that reported .

Hazard can be world class at times , maybe its just his style , but I do think that he could do better , if he put more effort into it, every game .

He is a good player , but I do feel that he could be better

From the Independent in Feb, Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and insisted it will be up to him when he decides to change clubs, and not anyone else.

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

From the Independent in Feb, Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and insisted it will be up to him when he decides to change clubs, and not anyone else.

In that article , Hazard stated that he was "happy at Chelsea " and "Good where I am" , not sure how that can be understood to him wanting a transfer

"In football anything can happen. But in football nothing can happen too. Every year they talk about Real or PSG. And when I want to change clubs, I will. But at the moment I'm good where I am."

• Like 1

I'd like to see Salah have  another top season in order to confirm he's world class; one great season isn't enough.

Injury free I’m sure he’s capable of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In that article , Hazard stated that he was "happy at Chelsea " and "Good where I am" , not sure how that can be understood to him wanting a transfer

"In football anything can happen. But in football nothing can happen too. Every year they talk about Real or PSG. And when I want to change clubs, I will. But at the moment I'm good where I am."

It's there in black and white Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and your still arguing about it, to be fair i don't give a monkey's if he stays or not !!!

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

It's there in black and white Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and your still arguing about it, to be fair i don't give a monkey's if he stays or not !!!

Well, of course he COULD leave , any player COULD leave any club at any time .

Although that was the headline , in the actual interview (those little word after the headline ) Hazard states that he is happy where he is .

Saying that you "could" do something , is completely different to saying that you "will" or want do something .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

And the next sentence said 

"Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and insisted it will be up to him when he decides to change clubs, and not anyone else.

The Belgian insisted he is happy at Stamford Bridge "

"I still have two years left on my contract,” the 27-year-old told Telefoot. “I feel very good over here. The fans love me, my family enjoys life over here. We will see."

"And when I want to change clubs, I will. But at the moment I'm good where I am."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-eden-hazard-real-madrid-psg-new-contract-deal-update-a8217291.html

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

And the next sentence said 

"Eden Hazard has revealed he could leave Chelsea as early as this summer and insisted it will be up to him when he decides to change clubs, and not anyone else.

The Belgian insisted he is happy at Stamford Bridge "

"I still have two years left on my contract,” the 27-year-old told Telefoot. “I feel very good over here. The fans love me, my family enjoys life over here. We will see."

"And when I want to change clubs, I will. But at the moment I'm good where I am."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-eden-hazard-real-madrid-psg-new-contract-deal-update-a8217291.html

I think you missed the bit where i said i don't give a monkey's !! 

They all leave a bit of doubt when they speak, including managers like Poch so their next contract gets bumped up. 

Truth is if clubs like Real come knocking no one is gonna say no including these two. Doesn't mean they are not happy where they are.  

Edited by Kadilo

A key question for me right now is whether Conte is interested in staying because in the current climate situations might be better served with known quantity, especially as he is extremely capable.

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

They all leave a bit of doubt when they speak, including managers like Poch so their next contract gets bumped up. 

Truth is if clubs like Real come knocking no one is gonna say no including these two. Doesn't mean they are not happy where they are.  

Pochettino has just said no, very clearly.  So did Wenger, reputedly three times as did Benitez prior to eventually taking the position.  This "no one says no" is nonsense!  Bar recently with Zidane, its a two season job which is not at all suitable to some managers that like to build a squad. Just something drummed up by a dull unimaginative media.

Edited by carmine

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Pochettino has just said no, very clearly.  So did Wenger, reputedly three times as did Benitez prior to eventually taking the position.  This "no one says no" is nonsense!  Bar recently with Zidane, its a two season job which is not at all suitable to some managers that like to build a squad. Just something drummed up by a dull unimaginative media.

Yes yes Madrid can just steal any player or manager with a quick phone call.

I bet the chavs wish he would steal Conte!!

Got an email from a friend in England this morning. Local talk is that if Roman goes ahead with the Bridge development the blues will play at Iron's East London ground at least for one season. Interesting that.

Edited by owl sees all

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Got an email from a friend in England this morning. Local talk is that if Roman goes ahead with the Bridge development the blues will play at Iron's East London ground at least for one season. Interesting that.

Well its going to be interesting.  At the start of the season they will be told they have no chance of getting top four because all their games will effectively be away games and at the end of the season if they do really well and qualify those same people will completely refute the idea that it was ever any disadvantage.  

Make of that what you will but i'd be very surprised chose West Ham's ground over Wembley.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well its going to be interesting.  At the start of the season they will be told they have no chance of getting top four because all their games will effectively be away games and at the end of the season if they do really well and qualify those same people will completely refute the idea that it was ever any disadvantage.  

You do keep going on about that .

Who was it that said to you that Spurs will not finish top four because all their games will be away ?

Someone must have posted that last year and it still seems to annoy you, who was it who posted that ?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Make of that what you will but i'd be very surprised chose West Ham's ground over Wembley.

I agree Carmine, but there is doubt about Wembley being available. There is some gossip in the air about it being used for that American football nonsense. 

IF, and it is only an 'if' at the moment, Roman does go ahead and develop, then the Blues will need a new home for a while.  Fulham, QPR, Majeski all too small. Don't know what the capacity is at Charlton. Was enormous at one time. 

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I cannot see that happening .

The development has been put on hold for the foreseeable future and if it does go ahead, it will take four years to complete and its also not West Hams ground , they just rent it out every home game .

Most Chelsea fans would prefer to play at Craven cottage ,rather than Wembley or anywhere else , if the development goes ahead

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most Chelsea fans would prefer to play at Craven cottage ,rather than Wembley or anywhere else , if the development goes ahead

Don't know about 'most'. Half wouldn't get to see any home games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You do keep going on about that .

Who was it that said to you that Spurs will not finish top four because all their games will be away ?

Someone must have posted that last year and it still seems to annoy you, who was it who posted that ?

It was posted all over msm, on Twitter, in the national sports press, agreed by BBC pundits and posted on here, by the usual suspects.  I'm a little amazed you didn't read about it.  And whilst you say i keep going on about it, its completely relevant to this thread seeing as you will at some stage be in the same situation.

It annoyed me at the start of the season and humored me greatly at the end of the season.

It can also see its going to annoy you when the times comes.

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I cannot see that happening .

The development has been put on hold for the foreseeable future and if it does go ahead, it will take four years to complete and its also not West Hams ground , they just rent it out every home game .

Where on earth did you get the information that "most" Chelsea fans want to play at the Cottage?  Do you know its capacity?  Thats completely ridiculous!!

So what you are actually claiming is that nearly half of your regular match attendees are happy not to attend home games next season! 

Sorry thats nonsense

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1