Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

On 7/13/2018 at 10:20 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

Apologies for butting in.. but doesnt bates still own a mamoth penthse apt at one end of the ground , and heard his unwillingness to sell was a factor in not being able to redevelop the bridge..

And got a sneeking suspicion that conte leaving is partly at least down to abrama pulling the reins in with transfer money .. making it in conte's eyes  chelsea atm uncompetative..

Could be wrong on both counts, and feel free to correct me..

Bates was previously hostile towards Chelsea and wouldnt cooperate .

He has been seen at home games recently , in the Directors box with Roman

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Chelsea sigh ex -England goalkeeper Rob Green on a free transfer

He'll add to the home grown quota at the club, but I'll doubt he'll get much game time. I don't mind him actually. It was interesting that the club statement said "that he would be back up to Courtois and Zabaletta". Quite a positive comment considering all these reports of Courtois's imminent departure to Spain.

He'll add to the home grown quota at the club, but I'll doubt he'll get much game time. I don't mind him actually. It was interesting that the club statement said "that he would be back up to Courtois and Zabaletta". Quite a positive comment considering all these reports of Courtois's imminent departure to Spain.

I think you mean Willy Caballero OG (not Zabaletta[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Surprised you didn't go for Joe Hart at reported 5M. Better than Willy or Green and is a man with  something to prove. Could be a bargain for someone.

Hart would probably expect some first team games , Green will be content sitting on the bench every now and then and picking up his weekly salary .

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Surprised you didn't go for Joe Hart at reported 5M. Better than Willy or Green and is a man with  something to prove. Could be a bargain for someone.

He will be a man with something to prove when he is 50. At what age does he grow up and accept he just isn’t as good as he thinks he is. 

In an interview the other day he said he will consider anywhere even if it means going abroad again but it has to be the right move for him and his family...........like he has a choice. When asked he said he still thinks he can play for England again. Delusional. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I doubt the captaincy will sway Hazard....its only the huge fee holding this one up now i think.

He seems to want to go to RM , they dont seem to want him .

If he doesnt get his RM move , he may decide to stay

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He seems to want to go to RM , they dont seem to want him .

If he doesnt get his RM move , he may decide to stay

Well to answer the question if he is good enough I believe he is....is it just press <deleted> or have they tried to negotiate a fee?

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well to answer the question if he is good enough I believe he is....is it just press <deleted> or have they tried to negotiate a fee?

RM have today publicly ended their interest in him .

The question is whether he wanted to leave Chelsea or just join RM .

If he wants to leave , then he can find another Club , it he just wanted to join RM , he may as well stay

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

RM have today publicly ended their interest in him .

The question is whether he wanted to leave Chelsea or just join RM .

If he wants to leave , then he can find another Club , it he just wanted to join RM , he may as well stay

Had to go looking for that so yes good news for your lot.

I wonder who their marquee signing will be now?

16 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Really impressed with CHO in that Arsenal game, he’ll definitely have a role to develop this season

Yes, Sarri has already stated that he's going nowhere this season. The performance as a whole, was patchy with players like Loftus - Cheek struggling to adapt to the new style, while the players that have been around from the start, looked far more at ease. When those players were substituted, it became very flat and disjointed in midfield. The first 15 minutes was the best I've seen Chelsea play for ages, organised, pacy, energetic one touch football but, as to be expected at this time of Sarri's tenure, we gradually ran out of energy and allowed Arsenal's midfield to dictate after the break. It'll take time, especially with our best players returning late.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yes, Sarri has already stated that he's going nowhere this season. The performance as a whole, was patchy with players like Loftus - Cheek struggling to adapt to the new style, while the players that have been around from the start, looked far more at ease. When those players were substituted, it became very flat and disjointed in midfield. The first 15 minutes was the best I've seen Chelsea play for ages, organised, pacy, energetic one touch football but, as to be expected at this time of Sarri's tenure, we gradually ran out of energy and allowed Arsenal's midfield to dictate after the break. It'll take time, especially with our best players returning late.

If Sarri is going to play the same high press as Pochettino it could take a season to get fitness right.  Certainly was the case with Spurs, tending to burn out towards the end of his first season in charge.  After his first season when the squad was physically up to scratch we got stronger as the season went on.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, MrTrip said:

Really impressed with CHO in that Arsenal game, he’ll definitely have a role to develop this season

Yep Cho was very good and hopefully has a bright future. Thought Marcin Bulka has also impressed in goal ...and i would have him.in front of "wild Willy" in the pecking order.

• Like 1

Europa league could be a blessing in disguise for us,Sarri has so many players to choose a decent squad from that the extra games will come in hàndy imo.

Got to sell Courtois and Willian before the window closes. Cho is more than enough replacement for Willian and although i would have Courtois in the top ten in the world for keepers, i think that Bulka could easily replace hìm,from what i have seen so far....just hope he starts today instead of "Wild Willy"

• Like 2

On 8/4/2018 at 11:57 AM, carmine said:

If Sarri is going to play the same high press as Pochettino it could take a season to get fitness right.  Certainly was the case with Spurs, tending to burn out towards the end of his first season in charge.  After his first season when the squad was physically up to scratch we got stronger as the season went on.

Agree with that.