Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Its looks like Chelsea will get Kovacic on loan in the deal taking Lurch to Real Madrid.  Nice piece of business if it happens, much to my disappointment as i thought we had a decent chance of landing him. 

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its looks like Chelsea will get Kovacic on loan in the deal taking Lurch to Real Madrid.  Nice piece of business if it happens, much to my disappointment as i thought we had a decent chance of landing him. 

Could be Carms, but have any club yet confirmed an official bid from Spurs this window ? I'm sure there's been some talk but no official bid mentioned that I can remember.

You have to think that Rose and Dembele would definitely be moved. Very likely Toby as well. It looks like a flurry of exits at the last minute, but what about incoming ? Strange days !

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Could be Carms, but have any club yet confirmed an official bid from Spurs this window ? I'm sure there's been some talk but no official bid mentioned that I can remember.

You have to think that Rose and Dembele would definitely be moved. Very likely Toby as well. It looks like a flurry of exits at the last minute, but what about incoming ? Strange days !

The only report that sounds solid is Inter putting in a 20m bid for Dembele but he refused the move.  Which i might add, i was delighted in hearing.  He's the one player i want to keep of the rumored movers.

Mateo Kovacic was the player i wanted in to cover if Dembele departed.

This aside i've heard of nothing!

5 hours ago, carmine said:

The only report that sounds solid is Inter putting in a 20m bid for Dembele but he refused the move.  Which i might add, i was delighted in hearing.  He's the one player i want to keep of the rumored movers.

Mateo Kovacic was the player i wanted in to cover if Dembele departed.

This aside i've heard of nothing!

I don't think Lepetegeu wants Kovacic out...but he seems determined.

Shambles at the chavs too this summer it seems.

I get the feeling Roman is still pissed about the visa.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't think Lepetegeu wants Kovacic out...but he seems determined.

Shambles at the chavs too this summer it seems.

I get the feeling Roman is still pissed about the visa.

If Chelsea keep Hazard to go with the additions of Kepa, Jorginho and Kovacic they are going to be in better shape than I anticipated. If they can rid themselves of Morata somehow that would be very useful, but a replacement....?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Chelsea have agreed to pay kepa arrizabalaga's £71M release clause.??

I wouldn't know him if he fell on top of me, so we'll have to see if he's the b****cks. That's just about sealed the departure of Courtois though.

• Like 2

Kovacic looks an excellent loan signing. Skill, pace and goes past players with ease. With Jorginho pulling the strings, Kante covering every blade of grass and Kovacic driving forward, it's looking a very classy midfield. The front three will include Hazard plus others like Loftus - Cheek, Barkley, Willian and the central strikers fighting for the places. It wouldn't surprise me if Sarri ditches the main striker option every now and then. especially if they're not doing their job and scoring goals, and plays a 'diminutive' front three, as he did with Mertens at Napoli. Not the 'false number nine' <deleted>, I would add as we will be playing the ball to feet much, much more than last season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am really not looking forward to the start of the season , I face the first game with a sense of dread .

With the onset of the new season  , we just have to face the fact that Even Steven may start posting again 

Well lets hope not.....

Chelsea have done very nice business in the transfer window.  But theres going to be a big question mark on the seasons future pending on Hazard staying.  If he does you look strong all round except for strikers, so a lot will rest on Morata shaping up

Kovacic has enormous potential.  I'd have loved Spurs to have signed him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am really not looking forward to the start of the season , I face the first game with a sense of dread .

With the onset of the new season  , we just have to face the fact that Even Steven may start posting again 

He thinks too much of himself not to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldgit said:

He thinks too much of himself not to.

He will wait until Chelsea's first loss and then come on here criticising all the players , telling Sarri where hes going wrong , saying that he should be sacked and that Roman either needs to sell the Club or buy a whole new squad in the January transfer window .

And he will say that in one big long sentence , littered with typos and no grammar and self-made up nicknames for the players .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

I,m happy....kept Hazard and kante which is a huge relief,and made some decent signings. Like Conte in his 1st season,i expect it will take at least 6 to 8 games before Sarri knows his best 15.

Onwards and hopefully upwards for us.?

Are you not concerned about Madrid coming for Hazard? 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Hmm that’s 2 ITKs that have suggested our old cobber has left the building. One too many “fluff off”’s outside the Footy Forum you’d suspect.

He's back in his natural habitat!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not really...Hazard is the main man at Chelsea....he will be just a number at Madrid. Besides which he loves his life how it is now. 

2 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not really...Hazard is the main man at Chelsea....he will be just a number at Madrid. Besides which he loves his life how it is now. 

I think if Chelsea were going to sanction a move they would have given themselves time to replace such a key player.  I think he's probably staying too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Are you not concerned about Madrid coming for Hazard? 

Hazard has two years left on his contract , he will be in the same situation as Courtois was.

I have a bad feeling that RM will get him on the cheap next season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Hazard has two years left on his contract , he will be in the same situation as Courtois was.

is there such a thing as cheap now?

Anyways, the board knows the risk and unless he does a SolCampbell and sits it out Chelsea will act one way or tother.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I have a feeling this will be Hazards best season....as it could well be his last with us....and there will be nothing cheap about his moving on transfer.imo

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I'd venture to say he's be a bit more than just a number at Madrid!!!

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I have a feeling this will be Hazards best season....as it could well be his last with us....and there will be nothing cheap about his moving on transfer.imo

Courtois went for half price because he had one year left on his contract and he could have gone on a free next year .

Hazard will be in the same position next year , a year left on his contract (unless he signs another one).

So, Hazard could go for half price next year

Real Madrid's 26-year-old Belgium keeper Thibaut Courtois deleted a Facebook post saying goodbye to Chelsea fans after receiving abusive comments in reply. (Daily Mail)

seems his his departure may have left a sour taste with some supporters. 

Edited by Kadilo

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

seems his his departure may have left a sour taste with some supporters. 

Shame that. I hate those supporters who quickly forget how much he contributed. The thing some people need to understand is that it is rare to get any player who truly supports (like the fans do) the club they play for. Particularly with so many foreigners in the prem. The majority are only there to do a job, get as good a wage as they can and eventually they move on. They are all just temporary assets

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Shame that. I hate those supporters who quickly forget how much he contributed. The thing some people need to understand is that it is rare to get any player who truly supports (like the fans do) the club they play for. Particularly with so many foreigners in the prem. The majority are only there to do a job, get as good a wage as they can and eventually they move on. They are all just temporary assets

It would guess it’s most Players dream to end up playing at a club like Real but from a supporters point of view you want to see players leave with a bit of dignity.   I’m not sure, if true, that not turning up for training is a dignified way to leave and that, despite all the good stuff, is what some fans remember. 

• Like 2

????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk