Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

No visa forthcoming, so Abramovich has taking the logical step of shelving the new stadium build, worth 1 billion pound, until the fog clears. 

The UK border Agency (or whoever blocked it) are stupid. He's been part of UK society for years, pumping loads of his money into the UK and this stadium would have provided hundred's of job's. It's a political move akin to Trump and his steel tarrif

I'm no fan of Abramovich, but I expect this will all blow over once Boris thinks he has extracted his less than a pound of flesh.

Of course Abramovich might decide to say <deleted> all and punt the whole kit and caboodle.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

The UK border Agency (or whoever blocked it) are stupid. He's been part of UK society for years, pumping loads of his money into the UK and this stadium would have provided hundred's of job's. It's a political move akin to Trump and his steel tarrif

Yes all of a sudden, he's being asked to explain how he's obtained his wealth after living and working in the UK for 10 years. If it was alright then, and guess who was in charge of the Home Office for most of that time, why isn't alright now? He's a confidant of Putin's, that is clear, but is Abramovich really an undesirable bearing in mind his long tenure in the country?

Abramovich could see this two ways. He could sell up and walk or he could see this as a challenge and fight the decision . If his investment visa is denied, I wonder if his next step could be the European Court of Justice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Yes all of a sudden, he's being asked to explain how he's obtained his wealth after living and working in the UK for 10 years. If it was alright then, and guess who was in charge of the Home Office for most of that time, why isn't alright now? He's a confidant of Putin's, that is clear, but is Abramovich really an undesirable bearing in mind his long tenure in the country?

Abramovich could see this two ways. He could sell up and walk or he could see this as a challenge and fight the decision . If his investment visa is denied, I wonder if his next step could be the European Court of Justice.

The false flag spy poison and Syrian civilian gas incidents were not in vain then...

1 minute ago, oldgit said:

Roman has withdrawn his request for an investment visa (on his Russian PP , it would be interesting if he applied for an investment visa on his Israeli PP) .

I do not think that the U.K authorities have any personal issues with Roman , Roman is just caught up in the hostilities between the U.K and Russia .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Roman has withdrawn his request for an investment visa (on his Russian PP , it would be interesting if he applied for an investment visa on his Israeli PP) .

I do not think that the U.K authorities have any personal issues with Roman , Roman is just caught up in the hostilities between the U.K and Russia .

Caught up by a weak UK government, pandering to the US and KSA. Gotta keep those weapons sales up.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:22 PM, jellydog said:

I hear management is on the phone to Uriah Heep...I mean Avram Grant.:ph34r:

The Guardian reporting today that indeed Avram Grant is an outside possibility.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

I'm quite sure they don't have any problems with him.  Its political cat and mouse and after all, they have known about his ill gotten wealth for many years and were happy to reap the taxation rewards.  

8 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Enlighten me,whats your obsession with Avram Grant??

Perhaps mate you could enlighten us as to why when someone reports what a paper has said it is therefore an "obsession?"  ?  

With the current uncertainty surrounding the managerial position it surely is of general interest?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Enlighten me,whats your obsession with Avram Grant??

I had a response but Carmine's is much better than mine. No obsession with Mr. Grant, or AVB if his name happens to pop up in The Guardian as well.

16 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps mate you could enlighten us as to why when someone reports what a paper has said it is therefore an "obsession?"  ?  

With the current uncertainty surrounding the managerial position it surely is of general interest?

Keith has taken a liking to me Carmine. A strange phenomenon I admit.

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Dont think the papers said

"he was waiting in his underpants"

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Dont think the papers said

"he was waiting in his underpants"

I think I referred to AVB waiting by the phone under dressed Keith, not Avram. Not that it makes much difference, as I am sure you would agree.

Now the papers are saying that negotiations with Sarri have broken down. Anybody who took the 6-1 on (not in this country of course!) and thought they were nicking money, must be crapping themselves.

Evaluating everything that's going on. Abramovich has withdrawn his visa application and is now an Israeli citizen. That means his days as an entrepeneur in the UK are over. However, being the owner of a football club in the UK doesn't mean that he is in the employ of that club. He can still visit the country for 6 months of the year.  Any investment which included a billion pound redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, which in turn, would have created jobs and impacted the local community, is finished for the foreseeable future. Then there's the news that Chelsea have ceased negotiations with Courtois's new contract and are willing to sell him on. Hazard's will be next on the horizon. This looks like Abramovich is backing off in a financial sense and, although the official line for the club is "business as usual", he is reacting to the Home Office's decision to 'make a point' at his expense. His next managerial appointment will have to fall in line with his frugality, which means you can dismiss big names like Zidane and Enrique from the equation. Avram Grant's been mentioned and, being a good friend of Abramovich, and in the current situation, it wouldn't surprise me if he was appointed!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Now the papers are saying that negotiations with Sarri have broken down. Anybody who took the 6-1 on (not in this country of course!) and thought they were nicking money, must be crapping themselves.

Evaluating everything that's going on. Abramovich has withdrawn his visa application and is now an Israeli citizen. That means his days as an entrepeneur in the UK are over. However, being the owner of a football club in the UK doesn't mean that he is in the employ of that club. He can still visit the country for 6 months of the year.  Any investment which included a billion pound redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, which in turn, would have created jobs and impacted the local community, is finished for the foreseeable future. Then there's the news that Chelsea have ceased negotiations with Courtois's new contract and are willing to sell him on. Hazard's will be next on the horizon. This looks like Abramovich is backing off in a financial sense and, although the official line for the club is "business as usual", he is reacting to the Home Office's decision to 'make a point' at his expense. His next managerial appointment will have to fall in line with his frugality, which means you can dismiss big names like Zidane and Enrique from the equation. Avram Grant's been mentioned and, being a good friend of Abramovich, and in the current situation, it wouldn't surprise me if he was appointed!

All a bit unnecessary  treatment  of Abramovich.

Holding back on the stadium makes sense.

Doesn't Courtois want to move to Madrid (or Spain) to be near  his kids.

Can't  afford to let Hazard, your marquee player, move on.

Avram is a safe pair of hands for a transition  period. Be good to see him appointed in the short term with a Chelsea  oldboy..Frank isn't  available  now..Terry?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, if I wasnt being serious , I would have placed a smiley afterwards .

Do explain how Romans wealth was "ill-gotton"

Do some homework then, starting with the sale of Sibneft, thats comical,  and after that shady deal move on not the aluminum wars, which it gets very messy.  By then,   if you haven't had your fill of his nefarious activities theres a whole load more to get your head round.  

But in conclusion, in Putin's Russia all you have to do is not get political against the establishment and when Vlad says jump Roman says how high?  I'l say one thing though, he's one helluva wheeler dealer!

Any suggestion that he's anything approaching above board comes from some fantasy script written in Never Never Land.

Edited by carmine

33 minutes ago, carmine said:

Do some homework then, starting with the sale of Sibneft, thats comical,  and after that shady deal move on not the aluminum wars, which it gets very messy.  

I am willing to listen : What was "ill-gotton" about the selling of Sibneft ?

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Then there's the news that Chelsea have ceased negotiations with Courtois's new contract and are willing to sell him on

Courtois hasnt developed into the world class GK that we thought he would , although he is good , he isnt the best and there is better out there .

A bit like Hazard really , a good player , but hasnt developed to world class , like Salah and KDB , two good players, who had the ability to be the best , but havent yet reached that level

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Courtois hasnt developed into the world class GK that we thought he would , although he is good , he isnt the best and there is better out there .

A bit like Hazard really , a good player , but hasnt developed to world class , like Salah and KDB , two good players, who had the ability to be the best , but havent yet reached that level

Hazard not World Class like Salah ??? Hazard has been consistently good over a long period, Salah for 1 yr,  strange that your saying that now he want's to leave ! 

Edited by alfieconn

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You have some awfully high standards !

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am willing to listen : What was "ill-gotton" about the selling of Sibneft ?

Come on now,  you asked me, i offered the subject matter, not that it matters a damn in terms of him being your club owner.  If you want to learn more its up to you!!