Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Probably dreaming about how to spend his 80k a week! :o

Drogba admits daydream difficulty

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba admits that he struggles to maintain full focus during matches.

The Ivory Coast international has, at times, been accused of appearing off the pace and disinterested during games.

And now Drogba - who joined the Blues in 2004 from Marseille - has confessed that he can find it difficult to offer fixtures 100 per cent concentration.

"Yes, it happens to me many times, it happens to every one of us," Drogba told The Times when asked if he can mentally drift off.

"It's funny because there are some times in the game where you don't touch the ball for a while and then you realise that the crowd is there, or they're not reacting, or you notice something specific going on and focus on it.

"After that you have to come back into the game quick because this is how you lose your attention and sometimes you can mis-control when the ball comes to you suddenly, or miss an opportunity."

However, the 30-year-old has explained the thorough method of psychological preparation he goes through ahead of kick-off.

"I actually think about the way I am going to score my goal," Drogba added. "I close my eyes and try to imagine it and sometimes it doesn't happen.

"But most of the time when you get it in your head that you are going to score a certain kind of goal, it happens.

"It's funny, but you create something in your head, a desire to score, an attitude and everything can go like this in the game."

Ballack sidelined by new setback

Chelsea midfield man Michael Ballack is out for three weeks after having surgery on both feet to remove thickened nerve tissue.

Ballack, 32, suffered pain after Germany's 1-0 win against Wales in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.

The German Football Federation said in a statement: "A scan Thursday confirmed the presence of neuroma.

"After consultations with his club doctor, manager and coach, it was decided to have immediate surgery."

Chelsea coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said: "Ballack is out for maybe two or three weeks. I am not angry - I am happy because what happened is a test for me that I am a good coach."

Ballack was sidelined earlier in the season because of a bruised foot he suffered on the first day of the new campaign against Portsmouth.

He had been a doubt for the game against Wales in Monchengladbach with what was said to be a calf injury - but now he is ruled out again after a double bout of surgery.

Middlesbrough v Chelsea

Middlesbrough defender Andrew Taylor has shaken off a hip injury and returns to the squad for the visit of Chelsea.

Emanuel Pogatetz (suspensed) and Robert Huth (ankle) are out, but Mido is expected to shake off a groin injury.

Captain John Terry has recovered from his back injury to boost an injury-hit Chelsea squad which is missing Michael Ballack who has undergone foot surgery.

Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Joe Cole and Didier Drogba are also sidelined.

Middlesbrough (from): Turnbull, Jones, Hoyte, Taylor, Grounds, Riggott, Wheater, J Johnson, Aliadiere, Emnes, Digard, O'Neil, Shawky, Walker, Downing, A Johnson, Mido, Alves.

Chelsea (from): Cudicini, Ferreira, Bridge, Mikel, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, Sinclair, Mancienne, Belletti, Anelka, Malouda, Stoch, Kalou, Alex, Deco, Bosingwa, Hilario, Taylor.

Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate:

"Chelsea have some squad, and they are better at keeping the ball than any of the sides we have faced so far.

"We know that Chelsea are unbeaten for a long time, but looking at their tremendous record at Stamford Bridge, if they are going to lose eventually, then it will be away from home.

"We've beaten Chelsea here before and we must remember that Arsenal were unbeaten when they came here last season and we managed to overcome them."

Chelsea boss Luis Felipe Scolari:

"I want to win and the players want to win.

"If they are thinking about a draw many of my players wouldn't be involved but in training they show they want to win.

"I have a very good, strong team for Middlesbrough."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

Chelsea protect their unbeaten status under Luis Felipe Scolari, and get an early opportunity to stretch their lead over Liverpool at the top of the table to three points, for a couple hours at least.

Gareth Southgate suffered the Manager of the Month curse. After being the recipient for August, Southgate's Middlesbrough then lost all four league and cup matches in September. But they have started October with a triumph at Wigan.

Chelsea formed the opposition for Southgate's first home match in charge of Middlesbrough on 23 August 2006, and the Teessiders won. Another victory here will take the total of Premier League points Middlesbrough have won under the former England centre back to 100.

Victory for the highest ranked North-East club, will also inflict on Chelsea their 100th away defeat in the Premier League.

This match pits the only club not to have conceded a goal in the first half of a Premier League game this season (Middlesbrough) against the only one not to have shipped a goal in

the second period (Chelsea).

Chelsea have scored twice as many league goals as Middlesbrough (14 to seven).

Chelsea are eager to take their winning streak over Middlesbrough to four games.

Distance between the clubs: 265 miles (426 kilometres)

CLUB FORM

MIDDLESBROUGH

Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 6th

Lowest could fall: 16th

2008-09 Premier League performance

1. Hunting back-to-back Premier League victories for the first time since the last two games of last season.

2. Need two more goals to total 6,000 in their English league history.

3. Not conceded a first-half goal in this league season.

4. West Bromwich Albion ended their four-match home winning sequence in the Premier League in their most recent fixture at the Riverside.

5. Conceded one goal in each of their last four home Premier League matches.

6. Completed 32 top-flight matches without a goalless draw; the most recent being away to Bolton on 11 November 2007.

7. Chelsea were one of seven clubs to take away maximum points from the Riverside last season.

8. Won the last two home Premier League matches against London clubs (against Fulham and Tottenham).

9. Only managed one win in 16 matches against 'Big Four' clubs. The victory was 2-1 against Arsenal on 9 December 2007, since when only three points from a possible 18 have been gained from games against the quartet of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.

CHELSEA

Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 1st

Lowest could fall: 2nd

2008-09 Premier League performance

1. Unbeaten in 28 Premier League matches; won 20 and drawn eight since losing 1-0 away to Arsenal on 16 December 2007 - their only defeat in 38 league outings.

2. The only club with an unbeaten Premier League record in 2008; won 18 and drawn seven of 25 matches. Their 61 points is five more than the return of Liverpool, who are the next best.

3. On the longest current run in the Premier League of 15 matches, since conceding more than a single goal in a game.

4. Scored in each of their last 19 league outings since Liverpool held them to a 0-0 draw on 10 February; the only occasion in 28 Premier League matches they failed to score.

5. Completed 38 top-flight fixtures since losing by more than a single goal; 2-0, away to Manchester United on 23 September 2007.

6. Defending the Premier League's only 100% away record, and aiming for a seventh consecutive away league win, to take their unbeaten Premier League run away from home to an unmatched 14 games. Conceded just one goal in winning the last six away.

7. The Riverside was one of 13 venues from which maximum points were claimed last season.

8. Won their last six Premier League matches against North-East clubs.

9. Won the last three trips to the North-East, and not lost in the region since the visit to Middlesbrough on 23 August 2006.

10. This game is followed by a home clash with AS Roma in Group A of the Champions League on Wednesday. Both previous Champions League matches this season were preceded by a league victory.

KEY PLAYER NOTES

MIDDLESBROUGH

Stewart DOWNING and Gary O'NEIL are the only remaining players to have been on the field for every minute of every one of Middlesbrough's Premier League matches this season.

If selected:-

DOWNING will be making his 200th appearance in a Middlesbrough shirt.

Robert HUTH will be facing a former club. The 24 year old Germany international defender made 62 appearances (42 in the league) and scored two goals for Chelsea from the outset of his professional career until his £6m move to Teesside in August 2006.

Suspended:-

Emanuel POGATETZ (one match)

CHELSEA

Frank LAMPARD is a hat-trick shy of 100 career league goals (West Ham, Swansea and Chelsea).

LAMPARD is the only remaining outfield player to have been on the field for every minute of every one of Chelsea's Premier League matches this season.

If selected:-

Michael BALLACK will be making his 50th Premier League appearance for Chelsea.

JOE COLE will be making his 150th Premier League appearance for the Blues.

HEAD TO HEAD

No club has gained more Premier League points against Middlesbrough than Chelsea (51).

Middlesbrough were one of eight clubs Chelsea did the double over last season; Chelsea were one of three clubs to do the double over 'Boro. The others were Everton and West Ham.

Home and away

League (inc PL): Middlesbrough 28 wins, Chelsea 45, Draws 29

Prem: Middlesbrough 5 wins, Chelsea 15, Draws 6

at Middlesbrough only

League (inc PL): 23 wins, Chelsea 12, Draws 16

Prem: Middlesbrough 5 wins, Chelsea 5, Draws 3

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME

Middlesbrough 0-2 Chelsea

20 December 2007 - Ref: Mark Halsey

Chelsea scorers: Drogba 8, Alex 57

REFEREE

Phil Dowd (Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire)

Scolari - Terry the benchmark

Luiz Felipe Scolari believes John Terry sets the benchmark for his team-mates after joking the Chelsea captain would be willing to die on the pitch.

Terry is set to overcome a back injury, which ruled him out of England's World Cup qualifying double-header, in order to face Middlesbrough on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 1.

The defender's availability is a major boost for Scolari, who is set to be without a string of first-team regulars for the game at the Riverside.

Scolari is delighted with Terry's desire to play through the pain barrier and feels he sets the example for other footballers to follow.

"For John Terry, to die on the pitch would be glory," said Scolari. "You would need to kill him. And maybe even then he'd still play!

"For a coach this is fantastic, he is the benchmark for everyone else.

"Some players yell 'ouch' and then it is all over for them, they want to come off. Not Terry.

"This is the reference for the other players. He always wants to play.

"He wants to show the others that he is a real captain.

"He came back to Chelsea on Monday or Tuesday for treatment. He trained a little bit on Thursday and then Friday.

"He did feel something, but I asked him if he wanted to play and he does. He is better."

Luiz Felipe Scolari believes John Terry sets the benchmark for his team-mates after joking the Chelsea captain would be willing to die on the pitch.

Terry is set to overcome a back injury, which ruled him out of England's World Cup qualifying double-header, in order to face Middlesbrough on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 1.

The defender's availability is a major boost for Scolari, who is set to be without a string of first-team regulars for the game at the Riverside.

Scolari is delighted with Terry's desire to play through the pain barrier and feels he sets the example for other footballers to follow.

"For John Terry, to die on the pitch would be glory," said Scolari. "You would need to kill him. And maybe even then he'd still play!

"Some players yell 'ouch' and then it is all over for them, they want to come off. Not Terry.

"He came back to Chelsea on Monday or Tuesday for treatment. He trained a little bit on Thursday and then Friday.

"He did feel something, but I asked him if he wanted to play and he does. He is better."

Not for his Country though obviously by looking ta the TV at the moment..

I'll never forgive Captain Courageous not being able to play in that Game against Croatia at Wembley ( the 2-3 Euro Qualifier ) yet he turns out the following Saturday for Chelsea..

Just like this week..

Die on the Pitch, my arse...

Not for his Country though obviously by looking ta the TV at the moment..

I'll never forgive Captain Courageous not being able to play in that Game against Croatia at Wembley ( the 2-3 Euro Qualifier ) yet he turns out the following Saturday for Chelsea..

Just like this week..

Die on the Pitch, my arse...

Oh shut up mate, you obviously know nothing about team spirt, courage, leadership and passion with a statement like that! :o

Shame our finishing wasn't more clinical, could of reached double figures! :o

Middlesbrough 0-5 Chelsea

Chelsea completely outclassed Middlesbrough to extend their lead at top of the Premier League table.

Salomon Kalou began the rout, stroking in after Juliano Belletti's shot had been blocked and Belletti made it 2-0 with a stunning 30-yard shot.

Kalou got his second when his low strike deflected off David Wheater before Frank Lampard's diving header rounded off a superb Chelsea breakaway.

Florent Malouda tapped in the fifth after Nicolas Anelka had hit the post.

Chelsea's intent was clear from the start - move the ball quickly, play with fluency and control and retain possession.

They achieved their aims to the extent that Boro barely had a kick from the outset.

And while Boro failed to put pressure on the ball, Kalou, Malouda and full-backs Jose Bosingwa and Wayne Bridge in particular exploited the space.

It was through Bridge that Chelsea fashioned their opener as the left-back's cross fell to Belletti, whose shot ricocheted off two Boro defenders allowing Kalou to stroke the ball in.

More Chelsea goals seemed inevitable as they totally dominated a Boro side short on confidence after only one win in five games.

Only a last-ditch block from Jonathan Grounds prevented Lampard's shot providing the finishing touch to Malouda's low cross from the right.

Soon after the interval, Malouda raced clear after Grounds misjudged the bounce of the ball, but the winger shot wide when he should have scored.

But there was no such profligacy from Belletti when he took aim from 30 yards and arrowed a superb shot into the top corner to finally give Chelsea the second goal they deserved.

The sensational strike had the effect of deflating Boro even further - and Chelsea went on the rampage.

Malouda's exquisite cut-back found Kalou and, with everything going Chelsea's way, the striker's low shot diverted off Wheater to leave keeper Ross Turbull no chance.

But if Chelsea's third goal was fortunate, their fourth was pure class.

Kaloua and Anelka exchanged passes as the Blues came storming forward, before Kalou dinked a perfect cross for Lampard to send a diving header into the corner.

Worse was to come for Boro as four minutes later Anelka broke and sent in a low shot that Turnbull could only spill onto the post and Malouda tucked away the rebound.

Turnbull did much better shortly after when he got down well to save Anelka's shot but by then Boro had been embarrassed and outplayed by a Chelsea team missing seven first-team players,.

The Blues remain unbeaten in 2008 and are in sparkling form under Luis Felipe Scolari.

Have it seapok, have it me old mucka lol

Well where do I start ? Fine passing, strong defensive play and exciting attacking moving.

That bascially sums the game up in one sentence for all thsoe who missed it.

Cech out ? bring it Cudi lol I love CFC I really do, who came on for super frank a sub ? Deco hahaha I love Chels I really do hahaha

Arsenal for the league ? hahahahaha don't make me laugh hehehehe

What did I tell you Seapok ...Belleti shooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!

COME ON CHELS COME ON !!!!

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH !

Come on Didier, let your boots do the talking!! :o

FA to probe Drogba claim

The Football Association is to investigate comments from Didier Drogba saying he wished he had punched Nemanja Vidic.

Drogba was given a red card for slapping the Manchester United defender in the UEFA Champions League final in May.

The Chelsea striker claims in his autobiography that he did not deserve to be sent off, and now regrets not punching Vidic.

Drogba wrote: "I have seen the match on video and I believe I should not have been sent off with three minutes to go.

"If I had punched him, I would have understood. Now I wish I had."

The FA takes a dim view of current players making such comments in books, and will study the remark, and the whole book, to see whether Drogba may have brought the game into disrepute.

An FA spokesman confirmed: "We are aware of the comments and will be examining them in their proper context."

It is understood the FA is not viewing Drogba's comments in the same light as Roy Keane's book, in which the former United skipper said he had deliberately injured Alf Inge Haaland.

Back in 2002, Keane was banned for five games and fined £150,000 by the FA.

Good old Jose is having a bash at a few players lol

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has sparked a debate over diving after professing his view several of the world's top players are guilty of gamesmanship.

As Chelsea incumbent Mourinho always defended any of his charges of foul play, with Didier Drogba one such player who was often the subject of criticism.

However, having looked at the issue of diving from a neutral perspective, the Portuguese has had some enlightening things to say.

"I'm no longer Chelsea manager and I don't have to defend them so I think it's correct if I say Drogba is a diver, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Robin van Persie are the divers who won more penalties during the last four or five years," he told Ford's FeelFootball.com website.

Mourinho does, though, praise Drogba and Ronaldo for the manner in which they have curbed any inclination to take a tumble.

He claims foreign players who join the English Premier League need to learn to adapt if they are to avoid the ignominy of being labeled 'divers'; of the opinion the English game has an 'anti-dive' culture that does not fit with the rest of the European leagues.

Neutral perspective

"English football criticises divers. In England, coaches teach the kids how to play a game of football but in Italy, Spain and Portugal, coaches teach the kids how to win a game. When players go to England they need to adapt. Drogba today is better than he was before. Ronaldo is better than he was. And Torres will be better too."

But Mourinho also believes that in the right circumstances players should dive to convince the referee that they have been fouled.

"I hate diving, but I'm not happy if a player is kicked by somebody in the box and he tries to remain standing. It's very, very rare a referee gives a decision if the player doesn't go down so I tell players not to be naive, but to be fair."

Chelsea v Roma

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari could hand Deco his first start since mid-September when his side host Roma in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The Portuguese midfielder missed five matches with a torn thigh muscle while goalkeeper Petr Cech also (thigh) and midfielder Joe Cole could also return.

Roma welcome back defenders Philippe Mexes and Christian Panucci after serving domestic suspensions.

Captain Francesco Totti should start having recovered from knee surgery.

Totti made his first start since April against Inter Milan on Sunday, playing 69 minutes before being replaced by Jeremy Menez.

"I'm satisfied, even though I'm still not 100%," he said. "I think I'll play against Chelsea."

Chelsea's Ashley Cole and Didier Drogba are both nearing comebacks after injury but are unlikely to feature against Roma.

Scolari is still without Michael Ballack, Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho but their replacements have fitted seamlessly into the side.

Sitting top of the Premier League with six wins and two draws from eight matches and a goal difference of +16, Chelsea's form contrasts sharply with that of Roma.

The Italians are 14th in Serie A with two wins and four defeats from seven games and a goal difference of -4 following their 4-0 home defeat by Inter.

"I enjoy watching my team but I am more happy when we win," said Scolari. "It's a pleasure, not only for me, but for the players that people like Chelsea football.

"We play beautiful football. But if we need three points in every game, sometimes it is impossible to play beautiful football.

"You will see a beautiful game against Roma because they play like Chelsea."

Luciano Spalletti's men suffered a shock 2-1 home defeat by Cluj in their opening Group A match but bounced back with an impressive 3-1 win against Bordeaux.

Chelsea beat Bordeaux 4-0 at home before being held to a goalless draw by Cluj in Romania.

Victory would move the London club to the brink of qualification for the knockout rounds, while defeat for Roma would leave them four points off the summit of Group A at the half-way point.

"We need to win tomorrow to qualify," Scolari added. "If we win, we'll have 50% or 70% of the qualification achieved.

"After we play Roma again, then Bordeaux. The last game will be at home (against Cluj). The most important game for us is tomorrow as, afterwards, if we draw or win one more game, we are in the second stage."

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Cudicini, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Malouda, Obi, Deco, Kalou, Bosingwa, Terry, Lampard, Anelka, Belletti, Alex, Carvalho, Mancienne, Bridge, Di Santo, J Cole.

Chelsea 1-0 Roma

John Terry's second-half header finally broke Roma's stubborn resistance as Chelsea moved three points clear at the top of Champions League group A.

The Blues, who lacked fluency and rhythm, almost took the lead when Frank Lampard's free-kick clipped the post.

Roma's best chance came when Francesco Totti played in Matteo Brighi but Terry blocked as the striker went to shoot.

And it took Terry's intervention at the other end, when he nodded in Lampard's corner, to secure the win for Chelsea.

The hosts' performance was a far cry from the attacking brilliance that subjected Middlesbrough to a hammering at the weekend.

But with Roma determined to stifle the game, Chelsea keeper Peter Cech and centre-back Ricardo Carvalho both had a gentle re-introduction to the first team on their return from injury.

Deco, the other change to Luiz Felipe Scolari's line-up , had a more frustrating evening as he struggled to find a way through the visitors.

It was a theme running through the Blues' ranks, as time after time Roma's blanket defence suffocated their attacks.

And when Chelsea carved half-chances, Lampard volleyed weakly and Salomon Kalou scuffed a shot.

In between those efforts, Lampard had connected superbly after Deco rolled a free-kick into his path, but the midfielder's shot bounced off the apex of the goal.

Roma's intentions were clear - particularly as they had no out-and-out striker in their line-up - but in skipper Totti they had a source of invention.

The Italian forward produced a superb turn and precise through ball to release Brighi, but Terry recovered well to make the tackle.

That was a rare break from Roma, who continued to invite Chelsea on and were relieved when Lampard shot wide after Deco's flick had earned some space.

Chelsea's torment was increased when they were denied a clear free-kick on the edge of the box when Deco was clattered.

The introduction of Juliano Belletti at the start of the second half added little thrust to Chelsea's play.

And when the Brazilian tried to repeat his 35-yard wonder goal from Saturday, he was woefully off target.

Kalou had an easier chance, when picked out by Lampard's free-kick, and should have done better than to head straight at keeper Doni.

When Jon Mikel Obi's shot took a deflection and looped wide, it was starting to seem as though Roma might take a point from the match.

That was until Terry rose highest at the near post to glance in a header and take his side to the brink of qualification from the group.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari:

"The most important thing today was our result.

"We have one more game at home and we needed three points tonight. Sometimes 1-0 is more important than 5-0 because you have to respect the other team.

"When I was with Portugal, we played against England and I was afraid when Terry came into my area at corner kicks.

"I told my players that this player is very decisive and we need to look for him. If he touches the ball it is dangerous for us. Now I am here, I say to Terry to do the same."

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Carvalho, Bridge, Kalou (Di Santo 77), Lampard, Mikel, Malouda (Belletti 46), Deco, Anelka (Ferreira 90).

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Ivanovic, Alex, Stoch.

Booked: Malouda, Terry.

Goals: Terry 78.

Roma: Doni, Cicinho, Panucci, Mexes, Riise (Tonetto 82), De Rossi, Brighi, Aquilani (Perrotta 60), Taddei (Menez 81), Totti, Vucinic.

Subs Not Used: Artur, Loria, Montella, Okaka Chuka.

Booked: Mexes, Panucci.

Att: 41,002

Ref: Kyros Vassaras (Greece).

Cech salutes Chelsea strength

Petr Cech believes Chelsea's squad strength will enable them to challenge for silverware at home and abroad.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side currently lead the Premier League table and tackle fellow unbeaten title-challengers Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1.

Scolari was forced to make a host of injury-enforced changes for the trip to Middlesbrough last weekend, where the Blues turned in a stunning performance to romp to a 5-0 victory.

The Brazilian shuffled his pack again for the gritty 1-0 UEFA Champions League win over Roma as he welcomed Cech, Ricardo Carvalho and Deco into his starting XI.

And the Czech international goalkeeper knows that having sufficient strength in depth can only help the Blues challenge for glory.

Cech told Sky Sports News: "It is really hard to say what the best first XI is because we showed in recent games that everyone in the squad has great quality and ability to play for Chelsea.

"In every game we used a different line-up because of the injuries and in every game we played brilliant football.

"It is great for the football club because we know that if you get some suspension or injuries you can cope with it easily."

Terry committed to England

John Terry has defended himself after critics declared that he put club over country regarding the recent World Cup qualifying matches against Kazakhstan and Belarus.

The England skipper was ruled out of the qualifiers with a back injury but was declared fit to play three days later to lead Chelsea in their 5-0 win away at Middlesbrough.

Terry scored his first goal at Stamford Bridge for two years in his side's 1-0 win over Roma in the UEFA Champions League last night and the defender was clearly frustrated at remarks questioning his loyalty to the England cause.

He told the Evening Standard: "People should know what I'm like as a player and as a character. It's just disappointing that anyone would question my determination to play for my country.

"No one was more gutted than me, as England captain to walk away from the squad last week and watch them travel to Belarus.

"I did everything to get fit but my back just wasn't right. I have worked hard my whole career not to miss any games. It has been frustrating the last two years because I've picked up a few injuries.

"But England is the ultimate. You get picked for England by playing well for your club. England is far bigger than Chelsea, far bigger than Manchester United because you're representing your country and we're all very proud to do it, no more than me."

Terry has also been quick to play down any rumours that his back injury, which was operated on in 2006, is causing him extra pain.

He added: "I don't understand where all this is coming from, the back is completely fine. I've had no bad responses since the operation and I've been doing exercises since then, which I need to continue doing.

"But I'm in a fit condition and raring to go. I have just had a stiff back which we all can get."

Chelsea face title rivals Liverpool on Sunday and the 27-year-old admits that the Reds possess certain qualities that Jose Mourinho instilled in the Chelsea players while he was manager at Stamford Bridge.

He said: "One thing that has impressed me so far is they have something we had under Mourinho in that there have been a couple of games where they have not been playing well and you think that will do us and then they come back scoring late goals.

"That is something we have to be aware of. They are showing a real determination and belief this year."

Those Romans really are a bunch of cheats ! did you see how much simulation there was with the slightest touch from one of our players ? f'ing disgrace.

We did well to get a win out of that game and JT scoring the goal after Totti had been talking shit all night really was great to see.

KEEP THE FAITH !

Those Romans really are a bunch of cheats ! did you see how much simulation there was with the slightest touch from one of our players ? f'ing disgrace.

We did well to get a win out of that game and JT scoring the goal after Totti had been talking shit all night really was great to see.

KEEP THE FAITH !

I actually missed this game but by what my mate said who went I didn't miss much at all, I saw JT's goal, good to see him score again. Your back over soon aren't you BB? you gona get your Chelsea games booked up?

KEEP THE FAITH !

I actually missed this game but by what my mate said who went I didn't miss much at all, I saw JT's goal, good to see him score again. Your back over soon aren't you BB? you gona get your Chelsea games booked up?

And you call yourself a True Blue fan!!! :o

KEEP THE FAITH !

And you call yourself a True Blue fan!!! :o

Yeah I do but I had a family event and I'm afraid to say Chelsea are a very close 2nd to my family....I'm sure you would do the same!

Most deffinitely so Seapok, I am going to try my hardest to get to the Arsenal and spammers game but deffo for the cluj game and fulham away is always an easy ticket to get. When are the gooner game tickets going to sale ? CFC website is saying see details or some crap like that !

Even if I have to pay 100 to the touts I am going ! have not been to a big match at the bridge for 5 years !

Most deffinitely so Seapok, I am going to try my hardest to get to the Arsenal and spammers game but deffo for the cluj game and fulham away is always an easy ticket to get. When are the gooner game tickets going to sale ? CFC website is saying see details or some crap like that !

Even if I have to pay 100 to the touts I am going ! have not been to a big match at the bridge for 5 years !

It doesn't say when the tickets will be available for purchase yet, I think your gona struggle though mate from the Chelsea site, its all about points, if you don't have many then you will be looking at getting some from the touts outside, expect to pay a lot for them and you will be probably be sitting in restricted viewing seats!

How long you staying for? just looking at the fixtures after the Hammers game, not many big teams to come to the bridge, except maybe City or Champions League opponents....

Maybe a month or something like that. I brother said with his membership he used to wait finger on the mouse button for the tickets to become available. He seems to think I will get 1 forsure but the extra 2 is a big no no !

You can use my card for the Arsenal game if you want but I doubt I have enough points, I'm gona try and go to the Cluj and Burnley games to boost my points...

Maybe a month or something like that. I brother said with his membership he used to wait finger on the mouse button for the tickets to become available. He seems to think I will get 1 forsure but the extra 2 is a big no no !

You can use my card for the Arsenal game if you want but I doubt I have enough points, I'm gona try and go to the Cluj and Burnley games to boost my points...

Are you sure mate ? I will be waiting fingers on the mouse and I will let you know If I have got two tickets and then you can give me your answer hahahah I bet you if I get them you will want one :o hehehe

Are you sure mate ? I will be waiting fingers on the mouse and I will let you know If I have got two tickets and then you can give me your answer hahahah I bet you if I get them you will want one :o hehehe

If you get two tickets and don't have anyone else to go with then yeah I will have the other one of ya! haha :D

Scolari: These are the best ever

Phil Scolari knows a good team when he sees one.

And so he should. In 25 years of management he has just about seen and won it all.

The World Cup with Brazil. The Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) with Gremio and Palmeiras.

Brazilian league titles, national cups as well as taking Portugal to within 90 minutes of the European Championship and World Cup finals.

But in all his time in the dugout he reckons he has never worked with a group quite like his Chelsea players.

Scolari, whose side host Liverpool tomorrow, said: “Yes, they could be the perfect squad.

“Professional, passion, results, I have seen them all with these players. I hope all the players in Chelsea are thinking along those lines.

“Passion and professionalism are so important. Sometimes you need to give more to the team because you love this team. Sometimes professionalism is more important because it gets the results.”

But how does Chelsea compare to his other teams?

Scolari added: “It’s a different situation. When I was in Gremio, we built one fantastic team with young players from the club’s youth set-up and some players the other teams didn’t want.

“After one or two years, we had a really good team. We won the Copa Libertadores and other titles.

“At Palmeiras, they had good players and, after a year and a half, we put young players in the team and won the Libertadores again.

“But this team I’m coaching now is a team that is happier in training than any other team I’ve had in my life. I’ve seen passion and professionalism. It’s one of the best teams I have worked with.”

With the results Chelsea have achieved so far it is hard to argue against the Blues boss.

Unbeaten in all competitions since he took over, top of the Premier League, they are also playing some of the best football in Europe.

So much so that Scolari, 60 next month, would not rule out the possibility that the Blues could go the whole league season unbeaten.

That feat would emulate the run of Arsenal’s legendary ‘Invincibles’ who won the title in 2004.

Scolari reckons tomorrow’s home clash with Rafa Benitez’s Liverpool, who are also undefeated, sees the coming together of a new order in England.

He said: “This is the clash of the Invincibles. But we need to fight to make sure we don’t lose. This is what I want from my players. They don’t accept that they might lose.

“The clubs have the same spirit and fight to the end and Liverpool have won more games than us in the last five minutes.

“I have never played against Benitez but I watched many English games and for me this is Rafa’s best team.

“They have quality and good players in every position and they have a camaraderie which has shown in the way they have come back to win games.

“Steven Gerrard is as important for them as Frank Lampard is for us.

“They can change a game in one second and have the spirit of the club in their heart.

“Liverpool play more freely now. But, if we have a chance to score one or two ourselves, maybe they won’t have a chance to change the result. They have a balance to their squad.

“They do give other teams the chance to score but because they have good players they score plenty themselves.

“We’ll see whether they come to play us on the counter or to attack us. I have an idea.

“But we need to respect them. They never accept that they will lose. That’s the difference now compared with other seasons.”

Win, lose or draw, Scolari will invite his counterpart into his office.

Scolari said: “I have only met him once. But I want to have a glass of wine or beer with him.

“We won’t talk about football but about life because I want one more friend in my life.”

Luiz Felipe Scolari — the perfect gentleman with the perfect team.