Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Good result last night but I would of felt more comfortable if we banged in another, those headers Drogba missed were a pity, he seems to be a little more focused since Hiddink has arrived.

Anelka was like a ghost floating around on either flank, he is playing far too deep at times also. We are missing Joey Cole for a bit of genius and link up play...what's happening with Quaresma?

if he is just gona sit on the bench he can <deleted> off back to Inter. The 2nd leg in Turin will be battle of tactics I feel, as long as we go out positively our defense should withstand their aging attackers.

Other than the one game when he arrived, has he played at all?

Good result last night but I would of felt more comfortable if we banged in another, those headers Drogba missed were a pity, he seems to be a little more focused since Hiddink has arrived.

Anelka was like a ghost floating around on either flank, he is playing far too deep at times also. We are missing Joey Cole for a bit of genius and link up play...what's happening with Quaresma?

if he is just gona sit on the bench he can <deleted> off back to Inter. The 2nd leg in Turin will be battle of tactics I feel, as long as we go out positively our defense should withstand their aging attackers.

No he has just featured in one PL game so far but is playing quite a few in reserves, I'm thinking his fitness is coming into question, I'm not sure if he is cup tied for the CL or else he wasn't on the list for these stages.

No he has just featured in one PL game so far but is playing quite a few in reserves, I'm thinking his fitness is coming into question, I'm not sure if he is cup tied for the CL or else he wasn't on the list for these stages.

He wasn't included in Inter's squad for the knockout stages,Mr. S,so there is no reason why he shouldn't be in our squad.He was brought in before Hiddink arrived so maybe he doesn't rate him enough to include him.I was disappointed that he didn't figure last night.

He wasn't included in Inter's squad for the knockout stages,Mr. S,so there is no reason why he shouldn't be in our squad.He was brought in before Hiddink arrived so maybe he doesn't rate him enough to include him.I was disappointed that he didn't figure last night.

I am not up on all these rules but if he was in Inters squad earlier this year as you say, then he would be cup-tied no?

I am not up on all these rules but if he was in Inters squad earlier this year as you say, then he would be cup-tied no?

depends on whether he played in the CL for inter or not. if he was just in the inter squad for the group stages but didn't play then he could play for chelsea. if he featured for inter in the group stage then no.

Super, super Frank, super Frankie Lampard! :o

Chelsea 2-1 Wigan

Frank Lampard's last-gasp header broke Wigan hearts to send Chelsea second in the Premier League table and keep alive their lingering title chances.

Oliver Kapo seemed to have earned the visitors a point with a late goal of his own, turning in Maynor Figueroa's teasing cross with eight minutes to go.

But with full-time almost up Lampard looped a header past Chris Kirkland.

John Terry's spectacular mid-air volley had put the Londoners ahead despite Wigan dominating the early exchanges.

Steve Bruce's side will wonder how they failed to take something from a game after a superb first 20 minutes in which they were much the better side.

The Latics began superbly, harassing and haranguing a hassled-looking home side at every move and they had three glorious chances to go ahead.

Blues keeper Petr Cech made a wonderful save to deny Paul Scharner who ran through unopposed after a sweeping counter-attack involving Mario Melchiot and Amr Zaki.

A scrambling Ashley Cole then did superbly to clear Bramble's towering header off the line from Wigan's fourth corner of an impressive opening spell.

And Terry then somehow managed to clear the follow-up effort from Charles N'Zogbia as he raced back towards his own goal.

Such was Wigan's early threat that both Terry and Alex were also cautioned in the opening 20 minutes.

But with a Wigan goal seemingly inevitable, suddenly Chelsea, who have yet to lose to Wigan in eight Premier League matches, came to life.

Drogba fizzed a shot across goal and moments later Mikel had a fierce 20-yard effort tipped over by Kirkland.

And with the Blues suddenly looking like the side that so impressed in the opening quarter against Juventus in midweek, Terry put them ahead with a spectacular scissor-kick volley.

The England skipper readjusted his feet and leapt in the air to send a crisp strike past the unfortunate Kirkland via a telling deflection off Emmerson Boyce.

Terry's fellow centre-half Alex then saw his close-range strike blocked by Kirkland.

But the best opportunity fell to Lampard, whose attempted dinked finish was well blocked by the excellent Kirkland after another glorious Blues break.

Lampard then wasted another shooting chance and Terry fired well wide from 12 yards.

The second half promised more of the same as Bramble acrobatically cleared Drogba's goalbound effort after a delightful reverse pass from Lampard.

But the chances dried up for Chelsea although the visitors created barely anything themselves.

The barnstorming Drogba, back to the sort of form which he regularly produced under Jose Mourinho, was a constant menace.

But Chelsea's failure to kill teams off, which has seen them score just 11 goals in their last 10 league matches, almost came back to haunt them.

Scharner sent a flying header well over the bar and Amr Zaki curled a chance wide from 20 yards. And with Chelsea started to get twitchy, Wigan capitalised.

Maynor Figueroa tricked his way down the left flank and his low cross was forced home at the near post by Kapo despite Cech's best efforts.

But with the game in injury-time, a long ball into the box was flicked on by Michael Ballack and Lampard leapt above Melchiot to nod the winner and close the gap on leaders Manchester United to seven points.

Chelsea 2-1 Wigan

Frank Lampard's last-gasp header broke Wigan hearts to send Chelsea second in the Premier League table and keep alive their lingering title chances.

Oliver Kapo seemed to have earned the visitors a point with a late goal of his own, turning in Maynor Figueroa's teasing cross with eight minutes to go.

John Terry's spectacular mid-air volley had put the Londoners ahead despite Wigan dominating the early exchanges.

Steve Bruce's side will wonder how they failed to take something from a game after a superb first 20 minutes in which they were much the better side.

The Latics began superbly, harassing and haranguing a hassled-looking home side at every move and they had three glorious chances to go ahead.

Blues keeper Petr Cech made a wonderful save to deny Paul Scharner who ran through unopposed after a sweeping counter-attack involving Mario Melchiot and Amr Zaki.

A scrambling Ashley Cole then did superbly to clear Bramble's towering header off the line from Wigan's fourth corner of an impressive opening spell.

And Terry then somehow managed to clear the follow-up effort from Charles N'Zogbia as he raced back towards his own goal.

Such was Wigan's early threat that both Terry and Alex were also cautioned in the opening 20 minutes.

But with a Wigan goal seemingly inevitable, suddenly Chelsea, who have yet to lose to Wigan in eight Premier League matches, came to life.

Drogba fizzed a shot across goal and moments later Mikel had a fierce 20-yard effort tipped over by Kirkland.

And with the Blues suddenly looking like the side that so impressed in the opening quarter against Juventus in midweek, Terry put them ahead with a spectacular scissor-kick volley.

The England skipper readjusted his feet and leapt in the air to send a crisp strike past the unfortunate Kirkland via a telling deflection off Emmerson Boyce.

Terry's fellow centre-half Alex then saw his close-range strike blocked by Kirkland.

But the best opportunity fell to Lampard, whose attempted dinked finish was well blocked by the excellent Kirkland after another glorious Blues break.

Lampard then wasted another shooting chance and Terry fired well wide from 12 yards.

The second half promised more of the same as Bramble acrobatically cleared Drogba's goalbound effort after a delightful reverse pass from Lampard.

But the chances dried up for Chelsea although the visitors created barely anything themselves.

The barnstorming Drogba, back to the sort of form which he regularly produced under Jose Mourinho, was a constant menace.

But Chelsea's failure to kill teams off, which has seen them score just 11 goals in their last 10 league matches, almost came back to haunt them.

Scharner sent a flying header well over the bar and Amr Zaki curled a chance wide from 20 yards. And with Chelsea started to get twitchy, Wigan capitalised.

Maynor Figueroa tricked his way down the left flank and his low cross was forced home at the near post by Kapo despite Cech's best efforts.

But with the game in injury-time, a long ball into the box was flicked on by Michael Ballack and Lampard leapt above Melchiot to nod the winner and close the gap on leaders Manchester United to seven points.

Drogba's best game for two months after his self imposed strike on the Chelsea management.For the first 20 minutes,we forgot the art of tackling.Wigan were quicker and stronger to the ball and were winning everything.

About time we had a clear out, we will defo need two young speedy wingers.

Blues to overhaul squad

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has warned there will be big changes at the club next season.

Buck has revealed as many as up to five players could leave with five new faces possibly coming in.

The Blues supremo insists money will be made available by Roman Abramovich in the summer for the right players, even though they would prefer to raise cash for new signings by offloading some of their own stars.

"We haven't properly got together to talk about summer transfers yet, but I think that we could expect that several players will leave and that several players will come in," Buck told the Daily Mirror.

"I don't know whether that is three, four or five, but something in that kind of neighbourhood, so we can expect a handful to leave.

"We'd like to use internally generated cash to buy new players - and by that I mean sell players and buy new players.

"But of course if an appropriate player comes then money would be made available from the owner to buy him."

Chelsea caretaker boss Guus Hiddink is willing to offer his advice on potential signings even though he insists he will not remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the season

"I'm not involved in those strategic discussions, but if I can be of any help, I'm not saying no," said Hiddink.

"I have been here now and have these relations, but I'm not here to have discussions as to which way to go."

Blues to overhaul squad

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has warned there will be big changes at the club next season.

Buck has revealed as many as up to five players could leave with five new faces possibly coming in.

The Blues supremo insists money will be made available by Roman Abramovich in the summer for the right players, even though they would prefer to raise cash for new signings by offloading some of their own stars.

"We haven't properly got together to talk about summer transfers yet, but I think that we could expect that several players will leave and that several players will come in," Buck told the Daily Mirror.

"I don't know whether that is three, four or five, but something in that kind of neighbourhood, so we can expect a handful to leave.

"We'd like to use internally generated cash to buy new players - and by that I mean sell players and buy new players.

"But of course if an appropriate player comes then money would be made available from the owner to buy him."

Chelsea caretaker boss Guus Hiddink is willing to offer his advice on potential signings even though he insists he will not remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the season

"I'm not involved in those strategic discussions, but if I can be of any help, I'm not saying no," said Hiddink.

"I have been here now and have these relations, but I'm not here to have discussions as to which way to go."

:D:D:o:D:D

What a Team --- sorry BUSINESS -- ALL at SEA again :wai:

BT :P

Glad to see the old Petr Cech is back! :o

Drogba wins it for Chelsea

Didier Drogba kept Chelsea's faint title hopes alive as he scored the only goal of the game against Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Tuesday.

The 30-year-old had threatened on numerous occasions throughout the match but he finally found the back of the net 11 minutes from time.

Jose Bosingwa whipped in the cross low from the right where the ball was flicked on at the near post for Drogba to meet it on the run and fire neatly across David James.

The defeat was Pompey's first under temporary manager Paul Hart and they will be disappointed they didn't get something out of the game after missing a number of clear-cut chances.

Midfielder Sean Davis was denied by a great save from Petr Cech before he saved well from David Nugent at point-blank range.

Winger Niko Kranjcar had perhaps the hosts' best chance but he couldn't convert Peter Crouch's cross when free in the area with the scores at 0-0.

The game was being played in atrocious conditions with rain sweeping down onto the Fratton Park playing surface.

The pitch was extremely slippery and made ball control difficult for both sets of players.

In the 16th minute, Chelsea should have taken the lead but Drogba was inches away from putting the finishing touches to a drilled cross from Ashley Cole.The Ivorian flung himself at the ball but missed it by inches at the far post.

Moments later a clever ball by Frank Lampard put Drogba through but the Chelsea striker's shot was charged down by the onrushing David James.

Chelsea continued to have the better of the exchanges and in the 21st minute Florent Malouda flashed an angled 20-yard drive beyond the far upright.

Seconds later Chelsea were unable to take advantage of an error by James.

The Pompey goalkeeper allowed a cross from Malouda to slip out of his grasp in the wet conditions but Pompey's Sean Davies cleared for a corner.

The Blues had goalkeeper Petr Cech to thank for keeping the scoreline level in the 28th minute when he dived to his right to keep out a powerful low drive from Davis.

A foul by John Terry on Peter Crouch on the edge of the penalty area brought Pompey a free-kick but Johnson smashed his effort straight into Chelsea's defensive wall.

James failed to hold Lampard's 20-yard drive in the 34th minute but again Chelsea were unable to make the most of it as the ball bounced out of his hands.

Chelsea were now beginning to assert some consistent pressure for the first time in the game but the conditions were preventing them from playing the neat passing game they rely on.

Long passes through the middle for Drogba to chase also had little effect with the ball skidding off the surface and out of play on numerous occasions.

Three minutes before the break a goalmouth scramble from a Pompey corner ended in relief for the visitors when Cech pounced to grab the ball inside the six-yard box.

Chelsea almost broke the deadlock in injury time but Michael Ballack's header was just over the bar.

In the 59th minute Chelsea had Cech to thank again as a header from Crouch put David Nugent clear but the Pompey striker's shot was pushed away by the Czech Republic keeper.

Chelsea made two quick changes with Ricardo Quaresma replacing Salomon Kalou and John Obi Mikel making way for Juliano Belletti.

Both sides had increased the tempo but had little luck in the worsening conditions.

The Blues remained in overall control though and in the 66th minute a cross from Quaresma was headed just over by Drogba who managed to get ahead of Sol Campbell.

Quaresma was providing an excellent service from the right flank and another cross had to be cut-out by Campbell as Drogba lurked inside the six-yard box.

Portsmouth had become penned in their own half and Davis presented the Blues with a free-kick opportunity in the 68th minute when he brought down Lampard.

Lampard, normally deadly from 20 yards, sent the free-kick into the ball and Campbell's clearance sent Crouch racing clear into the Chelsea half.

The England striker crossed for Niko Kranjcar but the Pompey midfielder sent his effort just wide.

But Ivorian Drogba settled the contest when he drilled home a cross from Bosingwa on 79 minutes.

Blues to overhaul squad

These footballers live in a bubble.While the world economy is in turmoil with people losing their jobs,Drogba notches his SECOND Premier goal of the season because,for the rest of the time,he's been on his own personal strike as he didn't like the manager.Meanwhile,he's been pulling in money that we can only dream about.Any other industry and he would have been booted out.Disgraceful.I,for one,hope that he is one of the"five players" that will leave this summer.

Blues to overhaul squad

:D:D:o:D:D

What a Team --- sorry BUSINESS -- ALL at SEA again :wai:

BT :P

Someone or something 'all at sea' is indecisive or doesn't know what to do.The club IS taking action by announcing its forthcoming plans.This has been our biggest problem all season,too much dead wood knocking around.

DRUNK` ASH COLE ARRESTED - REPORT

Posted 05/03/09 11:40EmailPrintSave

Ashley Cole was reportedly arrested early on Thursday morning after a drunken confrontation with police.

The Daily Mail online claims that Cole was arrested after repeatedly swearing at police outside the Collection nightclub in Brompton Road, South Kensington.

Cole had attended a charity event at Chelsea Football Club before heading to Collection, which he left at 2.15am.

After reportedly refusing to tone down his language, Cole was arrested and taken into custody to sober up, before being released three hours later with a fixed penalty notice of ฃ80 for being drunk and disorderly.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "At about 2.15am today, a man was arrested in Brompton Road, South Kensington, on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly and taken to a central London police station where he was later issued with a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly and released at 5.37am

What a guy ??? :o

It shows what we said about him to be true. :D

BT :D

Yeah its true what your saying about him, being a young guy with loads of money, getting drunk and a bit lairy, was you never young BT? :o

Sorry do you mean " were you never young"? :D

Yes I was at one time but never arrested for being Drunk :D

Do you think because someone is young and rich it is OKAY ???? :D

bt :D

Yeah its true what your saying about him, being a young guy with loads of money, getting drunk and a bit lairy, was you never young BT? :o

bt :wai:

I'm not condoning it, being a professional athlete and role model he should be portraying himself a little better but it happens sometimes. Thanks for the English lesson also! :D

bt :P

I'm not condoning it, being a professional athlete and role model he should be portraying himself a little better but it happens sometimes. Thanks for the English lesson also! :D

No problem, Glad I could help :wai:

BT :jerk: See you at the football night outs in BKK

Cole 'sorry' over disorder arrest

Chelsea footballer Ashley Cole has apologised to police for swearing at them before being arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct.

Mr Cole was held after swearing at police officers outside west London's The Collection bar and restaurant.

In a statement, the England defender said he swore out of his frustration with paparazzi photographers.

He was taken to a police station and given an £80 fixed penalty notice and released at about 0530 GMT on Thursday.

No further action will be taken, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

In the statement Mr Cole admitted he did not heed police officers' warnings to calm down and regrets not taking their advice.

He also made it clear that he had not consumed a lot of alcohol.

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the police officers on duty last night for my language.

"I fully appreciate that whatever frustrations I may have had with others that it was completely inappropriate to vent those in conversations with the police.

"However, I do want to make clear that I swore in frustration at the paparazzi's behaviour. I would never disrespect police officers in anyway.

"I take very seriously my responsibilities as a professional footballer, this includes keeping my body in the best condition.

"Although I had consumed some alcohol earlier in the evening on a night out with friends it had not been excessive.

"But I accept that the language I used on this occasion was wrong. I regret my actions and how it reflects on myself and Chelsea Football Club."

Manager of the The Collection, Burim Maraj, said Mr Cole had been out drinking with Chelsea and England captain John Terry and other Chelsea team-mates.

He said the popular venue closed at midnight but the group stayed inside eating a meal.

A spokesman for Chelsea FC said: "We are aware that Ashley was detained last night. We will want to establish all the facts before commenting."

Prior to his arrest, Mr Cole had joined Chelsea's first team squad and more than 300 charity workers, celebrities and supporters at a fundraising event for two children's charities.

His wife Cheryl, a singer with the band Girls Aloud, is currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa for Comic Relief.

I haven't noticed any Chelsea threads here so I thought I would start my own, all Chelsea boys and girls please post anything you want, would be good to hear other genuine true blue supporters opinions and stories.

Lets forget all the one sided slagging off we are getting from the media and other jealous supporters and just stick together.

Come on the BLUES!!!!!!!!!

I am looking for that also ...

Chelsea 2-1 Wigan

Drogba's best game for two months after his self imposed strike on the Chelsea management.For the first 20 minutes,we forgot the art of tackling.Wigan were quicker and stronger to the ball and were winning everything.

Your right Mate...

bt :P

I agree with u :D

I'm not condoning it, being a professional athlete and role model he should be portraying himself a little better but it happens sometimes. Thanks for the English lesson also! :wai:

Chelsea 2-1 Wigan

Your right Mate...

Cheers mate,I don't think we have been that impressive in our games under Hiddink although the spirit within the squad has improved.Welcome aboard,by the way.

I see Cashley's been showing himself to be the El Hadj Diouf of London Town again...

Although he was arrested "on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly,"he was still a <deleted> to get involved anyway.

I see Cashley's been showing himself to be the El Hadj Diouf of London Town again...

Although he was arrested "on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly,"he was still a <deleted> to get involved anyway.

Yep, he really should know better by now, but I guess it's difficult to not be a <deleted> when you are Cashley Cole.

He was fined and so he MUST be quilty. :o

Lets just SAY like on the Pitch he does NOT know when to SHUT UP, :D

Coventry 0-2 Chelsea

Nice win today, I think we played very well. Coventry had a good game also but our defence was too strong for them today, I don't recall Cech having to make one save. Guus Hddink definitely has steadied the ship as a couple of months ago we were pretty shocking. Its great also to see Essien coming back into the team, followed soon by Carvalho. I'm sure Mikel is gona be a little pissed off with Essien's return as he has done quite well in the holding role. Malouda and Kalou are still are weakest players that have to go in the summer. Quaresma looked lively and played an excellent pass for Alex to run onto and score after a brilliant counter attack. Things are looking up, 6 wins on the trot, I just hope that continues on Tuesday night in Turin. KTBFFH :o

What you chatting about now camel? I must say you really are showing a lot of interest in Chelsea these days! I was saying the two players are the weakest link in the team? understand now? Maybe all that Haggis is affecting your brain!

What you chatting about now camel? I must say you really are showing a lot of interest in Chelsea these days! I was saying the two players are the weakest link in the team? understand now? Maybe all that Haggis is affecting your brain!

Now now, Name calling AGAIN shame on you :D

If your post WAS IN PROPER English even a Scotsman might understand :D

Still 0 - 4 for THE MIGHTY Man Utd not bad :o