Subway gone!

jobin

consuming your own food on AA, is against their rules...just sayin'.

My all time favorite....Genova Deli, Oakland....attachicon.gifgenovadeli.jpg

The thing is, that the high quality deli stuff they use, would be well over 1000 thb per Kg here, so it just ain't gonna happen.

attachicon.gifgenovadeli2.jpg

I used to work right next store to this deli at a stained glass shop in the 70's. great aroma when you walk in

And while you guys were kickin' it up around there, I was getting great deli sandwiches across the water at family run deli's in Millbrae & Burlingame......

Sad to see the old deli's go......

A few are still around in the bigger cities......

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let me see how folks vote (at least the Americans who are familiar with these chains).

Which would you prefer:

1) Subway

2) Quiznos

3) Blimpie

4) Schlotzsky's

*Note: I know there's many more chains but these were some of the popular ones around when I was last living in the USA.

BTW, my choice is #4.....

Not familiar with 3 and 4 Number 1 hands down best of the remaining 2.

Me too...I'm an American and I think #3 & 4 are names you made up smile.png

A local shop with fresh cuts beats any franchise.; usually anyways.

Although I have asked you to name those shops and tell me where they are, but you have admitted that they dont exist .

Name me a shop in CM that sells subs for 69 baht or just continue your existence on fantasy island

Although I have asked you to name those shops and tell me where they are, but you have admitted that they dont exist .

Name me a shop in CM that sells subs for 69 baht or just continue your existence on fantasy island

The post was in reference to the survey regarding American shops. Best you'll find in CM are a few sandwich shops which are out of your price range.Carry on eating your $2 pressed meat combos.

The post was in reference to the survey regarding American shops. Best you'll find in CM are a few sandwich shops which are out of your price range.Carry on eating your $2 pressed meat combos.

Says you who enjoys 13 Baht sandwiches from 7/11 :)

Yeah, it's cheap processed meat and cheese, just like the ham and cheese at 7/11. A real sub sandwich has fresh cuts of meat,ham,corned beef,pastrami not processed, I'd pay 200 baht for that, not for a spam sandwich though.

Ham, corned beef and pastrami are all processed meats.

as is spam,chicken mcnuggts and potted meat, really no difference at all is there.

Contrary to your statement, they are all processed meats.

Lets face it Ladies and Gentleman here we are in Thailand arguing over quality food. Now if we were in France or say Italy it might make sense. But to live here in Thailand where the keeping of foods is not that well regulated it is ridicules. Go to any Thai Market where a lot of the food we eat is purchased then come back and tell me how bad the pickles at Subway are.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Says you who enjoys 13 Baht sandwiches from 7/11 smile.png

Go back and check again what I wrote. The meat and cheese in the 7/11 sandwiches are the same pressed garbage that subway uses. I have better things to waste my money on when I go to the 7/11.

I happen to know some Subway owners and know where most of the Subway sandwich ingredients originate from. Obviously, I am not at liberty to divulge that at the ThaiVisa forum but many of you would be surprised. Much higher quality sources than some here seem to think.

I do not know why Rob13 and TheSiamReaper are making these silly comments but I can assure it is a lot of uninformed nonsense.

I can assure you the ingredients in all fast food are low quality crap. Anyone trying to claim "quality" for Subway (and note the refusal to reveal so much as a jot of detail there) is just deluding themselves and Luke who constantly turns up on posts to demonstrate that gullible has indeed been taken out of the dictionary.

I can assure you the ingredients in all fast food are low quality crap. Anyone trying to claim "quality" for Subway (and note the refusal to reveal so much as a jot of detail there) is just deluding themselves and Luke who constantly turns up on posts to demonstrate that gullible has indeed been taken out of the dictionary.

Having a lunchtime snack which contains nine fresh vegetables for 69b is adequate for me . I trust that you dine on only the finest and freshest ingredients , (without preservatives and chemicals that end with "ide") and never eat street Pad Thai for 40 Baht where the main ingredients are oil , sugar, salt and MSG with some noodles thrown into a wok which a rat sleeps in when they close for the night

You already showed how well informed you are by mentioning that the veggies are defrosted (!)...... Who is deluding himself?

Nobody claims the ingredients are top quality, but saying you can assure it is low-quality crap is total BS.

Edited by whatsupdoc

The same guy who , well ,see for yourself V

I eat KFC, McD's, BK, and pretty much every form of fast food that's ever come out of the United States

What;s wrong with eating at those places?

Edited by Rob13

Okay let me see how folks vote (at least the Americans who are familiar with these chains).

Which would you prefer:

1) Subway

2) Quiznos

3) Blimpie

4) Schlotzsky's

*Note: I know there's many more chains but these were some of the popular ones around when I was last living in the USA.

No Togo's ?

Which would you prefer:

1) Subway

2) Quiznos

3) Blimpie

4) Schlotzsky's

No Togo's ?

I have heard of them before but honestly I've never been to one. I just now looked at their locations and now I know why, only one in Colorado. Appears to be more of a west coast chain..... and a smaller one at that.

Firehouse is popular, too. Yes, Togos was good, but I can't remember where I had it...Cali, I think. Blimpies seemed to be lower quality than Subway. BTW, I lived in Emeryville, CA back in the late 80s, and there was a Subway on SanPablo Ave., which connects Berkeley to Oakalnd, and then, it was a bad area. But the Subway had lettuce, peppers, and tomatoes that were so fresh, they sold them a la carte by the pound. I thought it was unusual, but to the people of that immediate 'hood with no car, and little money, it was a chance to get some fresh veggies at a good price. 2 miles down the road, you could get a turkey sub, and the guys from Hong Kong would carve the turkey right off the freshly cooked bird, but it didn't include the best condiments (except horesraddish mustard). I guarantee you some here, have been to Brennan's in Berkeley, which is still open last I heard.

Yes, I heard Brennan's moved into China Station. I preferred Picante to Juan's, but the new owners ruined it. Taqueria San Jose may be my all time favorite, with locations in Fruitvale and San Rafael...I think they were from Sonora, MX. Anyone been to Zero's Subs in VA Beach and Nags Head? Pretty darn good, too.

I think El Pollo Loco would do a bang-up business here in CM what with the abundance of chickens. Taco Bell, too. Also, a Jamaican "jerk" chicken place with its spicy flavors might be very popular with the Thais. .