Do you allow anybody eating with you to waste food at restaurant or home ? Thai wasting food...

aber

Flames/bickering removed.

DO NOT refer to other members as "stupid".

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but i must NAME AND SHAME....

1986, August 12th 10:45 a.m. Breakfast. Billie Bob only ate one egg and left 2 eggs on his plate!!!!!

1995 September 23rd, 12:32 p.m. Lunch . Cindy Loo didn't finish 54% of her drink and left 48% of her hamburger on her plate!!!!

2003 January 9th, 5:44 p.m. Dinner Mikie Mike left 3 Full scoops of rice untouched!!! I'll never talk to him again!!!!

and the worst was Daniel Davie on March 12th, 2009 who ordered an entire pizza, three glasses of cola, and after his phone rang he ran out and never returned!!!! Food thrown away!!!! Davie, why Davie???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

these humans are monsters!!!!!

I guess that guys who lt them do anything they want inspire respect to your whole family...

Yes, I am a control freak on purpose and only in developing countries where people know nothing.

And in case you really want to know the story is the same if I pay or not, they do what I want, because this is the way it has always been.

If they are so proud as you seem to be, next time they do not come if they want ! But you guessed, they always join and obey, I must be a so special person, or maybe they are less smart and beautiful than some people here and understand that when someone else is smart they have to listen to him !

I guess that guys who lt them do anything they want inspire respect to your whole family...

Yes, I am a control freak on purpose and only in developing countries where people know nothing.

And in case you really want to know the story is the same if I pay or not, they do what I want, because this is the way it has always been.

If they are so proud as you seem to be, next time they do not come if they want ! But you guessed, they always join and obey, I must be a so special person, or maybe they are less smart and beautiful than some people here and understand that when someone else is smart they have to listen to him !

Well at least you are honest admitting you are a control freak try lightening up a bit bet it will be better then.

People have manners so will listen does not mean they think speaker is smart. Maybe they keep coming for meal as it's free

So the people here 'know nothing'??

Well, seems they certainly know how to squeeze a table full of food out of a grumpy farang.

No mean feat...

Do you have a brother?

Back to the OP question,, Never seen any Thais waste anything like the quantity of food most of us foreigners do,, the wife wastes very little and any of the family that dines out with us always try to finish what they eat, very little is left and if we do order too much then it's the norm to put it in a poly carton or bag to bring home then eaten later or for breakfast in the morning, if it's still not finished or used, then our dogs get the feast

Back to the OP question,, Never seen any Thais waste anything like the quantity of food most of us foreigners do,, the wife wastes very little and any of the family that dines out with us always try to finish what they eat, very little is left and if we do order too much then it's the norm to put it in a poly carton or bag to bring home then eaten later or for breakfast in the morning, if it's still not finished or used, then our dogs get the feast

Same here - anything that remotely looks like it could be included in breakfast is whisked away in baggies.

I found that my Thai friends back in Australia also tend to over-order. One or two I try to avoid going to restaurants with when I'm visiting Australia because they will always order at least twice what they can eat. The general rule about shared dining in Australia is to evenly split the bill among the diners, so a 2000 Baht meal (for my wife and myself) can cost me about 4000 Baht when sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that when I go to Sizzler for my fish and chips and salad, great value. O notice Thais will order expensive steaks and not finish it.

Is it snobbery? Look ate! I can afford a 600 baht dish and I don't need to finish it ...

There's no bigger waste than eating more than you want to, or eating food you don't like.

If you're at home, it's ok to eat everything, and wipe the plate clean with a piece of bread to save on the washing-up, but at a restaurant or someone else's house, that would imply that you were still hungry and the portions too small

I waste food all the time and I don't care.

I leave the worrying to the windowlickers.

Edit: I'd never waste SC's sausages though....best in all of Asia they are. :D

You need SEA in your diet planning & analysis....Problem solved....

I waste food all the time and I don't care.

I leave the worrying to the windowlickers.

Edit: I'd never waste SC's sausages though....best in all of Asia they are. biggrin.png

Top sausages. I've two packets in the freezer waiting for some decent rolls.

Sid's sausages have declined to the extent I was moved to chide him on the internet, and I got a free pint out of it. I'm scouring the menu for something else I don't like, now.

As long as I have been eating I've never thought to ask for permission about how much or how little food I should eat.....

I cannot imagine any other adult requesting permission from another adult about eating to define THEIR etiquette.....

That said, it would be my choice whether or not to dine with these people again.....And wonder how I ended up with this group....

They are not my wife/family/children....If their manners lack - or are piggish I simply could choose not to join their mealtime endeavours again.....

Life is too short.....

If I found myself in an area or people/company that I found distasteful I would look at myself before them & make any necessary changes.....

If they are not seated with me and judging them would make my digestive system feel better I guess I would enjoy judging them.....

Otherwise it's just people being people - as is Their right.....Like it or not.....

Edited by pgrahmm

No I don't allow it I force feed them.

People who you see eating just three spoonfuls then leaving are probably just doing it to annoy you, you are fully justified in giving them a slap.

You are a strong principled man who deserves respect and you should not tolerate or accept anything that annoys you by anyone ever, regardless of what culture or where it is in the world. It is not your job to try to understand what others do, other people must understand and respect your opinion, If they don't, just give them a slap.

What is interesting though is you seem to have the type of personality that would be very highly respected in a Government department here.

Edited by puffy