loong

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

firstly I am not a man

secondly I will not answer your questions as there is no point (oh I hear the cry see cannot answer must be wrong.

I am who I am with my beliefs and proud of my families history.

Apologies, not sure why I thought you were a man....

Why would you post on a forum and then refuse to answer? I genuinely would like to know the answers and enjoy the exchange of information, I am happy to answer anything you want. But when you post about religion in a public forum you need to be prepared for people to question you.

The problem I find with most if not all religions is the response you have provided is very typical, I ask you some simple questions and you get defensive and refuse to answer,,,,why? I am not saying you are wrong, I am trying to understand more of the world.

Ps. You can be proud of your families history while still acknowledging they were wrong about somethings and their knowledge isn't infallible.

Sorry your aproach is not working I post as I see right your questions can easily be found by Google.

Ps I am 100% that my family history is correct thanks

firstly I am not a man

secondly I will not answer your questions as there is no point (oh I hear the cry see cannot answer must be wrong.

Apologies, not sure why I thought you were a man....

Why would you post on a forum and then refuse to answer? I genuinely would like to know the answers and enjoy the exchange of information, I am happy to answer anything you want. But when you post about religion in a public forum you need to be prepared for people to question you.

The problem I find with most if not all religions is the response you have provided is very typical, I ask you some simple questions and you get defensive and refuse to answer,,,,why? I am not saying you are wrong, I am trying to understand more of the world.

Ps. You can be proud of your families history while still acknowledging they were wrong about somethings and their knowledge isn't infallible.

Sorry your aproach is not working I post as I see right your questions can easily be found by Google.

Ps I am 100% that my family history is correct thanks

I don't think you know what google is....

Google will not tell me your personal thoughts which is what I asked for? How would Google possible know things only you could know?

Again, why don't you want to have a discussion about your beliefs? You have just said your beliefs are 100% correct due to your family telling you them....can't you tell me so I am 100% sure there are ghosts and the best way to protect yourself is by throwing rocks on your roof.

I did google this "How many people killed by ghosts each year?" and the only verifiable result was "0". So if you want me to use google, apparently no deaths have ever been attributed to ghosts, so why do you need protection from them? They seem harmless.

firstly I am not a man

Whats more important to you , the truth or a belief?, so lets see, the buddha amulet will protect me in a car accident son therefore no need for you to wear a seatbelt ............as its my belief.

You wont answer because you simply cannot prove your "belief"....... its nothing more than a "belief"

Im ready to look at any evidence you have .

You must also teach your son about hobgoblins, fairies, the bogeyman, as well as all other religions and world beliefs, even then only one of those can be right at best and being as there are hundreds including long forgotten ones the odds that are ALL are not the truth.

You see this as a personal attack when its not ,its an attack on "belief..... without evidence"

I read the Bible.

It says a virgin who was married yet somehow still a virgin gave birth to the son of God who is somehow still God.

You pay him respects by going to church and pretend to eat his flesh and drink his

Blood and declare him your Savior.

He raised the dead and walked on water and rose from the dead himself.

Their followers claim thais are backwards

No they are equally NUTS

No, not equally!

Things like throwing stones on the roof are harmless compared to all of the suffering, death,and destruction caused by Christians, Jews and Muslims in the name of the spirit they worship....and all three worship the same "spirit"..

Buddha will protect me as Im driving with no lights on at night..........................oh crap Ive just killed a family of 4.

They are all equally as bad as each other they would all kill you to protect their beliefs including Buddhists, I couldnt buy alcohol yesterday, why not? Im not a Buddhist yet because of a "belief" I am denied, whats the betting some of those stones actually hit someone on the head when they came down or someone looks up hearing a noise and the stone comes down and lands in their eye.

But its ok we dont have to worry about how we behave too much as we will be "reborn" so lets drive with abandon I mean what could possibly go wrong?

It was "just their time to die" right

again in your opinion but you shoot yourself in foot be life without evidence is ridiculous you say then you say As ghost don't exist I'm sure EVIDENCE of non existence please. Oh and I pass on my families beliefs to my son and I hope he will pass this on to his children. You say nonsense passed on how do you know it's nonsense? ???because YOU belive it to be so .

The burden of proof is on YOU, you are the one claiming ghosts are real.

again in your opinion but you shoot yourself in foot be life without evidence is ridiculous you say then you say As ghost don't exist I'm sure EVIDENCE of non existence please. Oh and I pass on my families beliefs to my son and I hope he will pass this on to his children. You say nonsense passed on how do you know it's nonsense? ???because YOU belive it to be so .

The burden of proof is on YOU, you are the one claiming ghosts are real.

Actually, using religious logic I just determined that ghosts are not real:

I took a picture of an empty space in my house and when I looked at the picture there was no ghost, ergo, ghosts do not exist......if anyone doubts me they now have to prove otherwise.

Yes I belive in ghosts and to a certain extent black magic. I was brought up that way and I may add I bring my son up that way as well. I will not sleep in any room unless there is a budda figure in there. I will not travel in any form of transport unless I have my budda with me. We also throw a stone on roof of house every big budda day. Have I seen a ghost I don't know the answer to that who knows a ghost could be anything or anyone. I am thai that is my belief I'm not really bothered if you don't belive.

Good on you Jeab. It is your right to believe in what ever you want. Do not listen to these bitter whisky soaked miserable people. I do not believe as you do, but that is my right, same as yours to believe. If people worried how they lived life instead of what others believe or do then it would be a better world.

Yes I belive in ghosts and to a certain extent black magic. I was brought up that way and I may add I bring my son up that way as well. I will not sleep in any room unless there is a budda figure in there. I will not travel in any form of transport unless I have my budda with me. We also throw a stone on roof of house every big budda day. Have I seen a ghost I don't know the answer to that who knows a ghost could be anything or anyone. I am thai that is my belief I'm not really bothered if you don't belive.

Good on you Jeab. It is your right to believe in what ever you want. Do not listen to these bitter whisky soaked miserable people. I do not believe as you do, but that is my right, same as yours to believe. If people worried how they lived life instead of what others believe or do then it would be a better world.

You do realise this is a discussion board....I don't think anyone has told her not to believe what she does, but I have asked about it for further understanding of where these beliefs come from. At that point she did not want to participate in the forum. It seems cowardly to spout off about your beliefs but not talk when questioned about them.

And why would you resort to calling people names because they are asking about someone's beliefs(someone who has already written about them on a public forum)? That seems very immature and as it is after midnight I can only assume you are an adult which makes it even more bizarre.

It would be a better world where the truth came first instead of "belief"

Hic.............burp....... whisky soaked, nice touch along with the bitter, id rather know the truth than live a fantasy

Edited by kannot

I started this topic and it amazes me the way that it has moved off track.

What do Santa Claus, Bigfoot, The Tooth Fairy, Magpies, Christian or Muslim beliefs etc have to do with Thai superstitions?

I am British and I have never seen any other Brit react to seeing a Magpie in such a way.

Mind you, I am intrigued by the apparent mystical powers that allow a person to know that any poster that has a different opinion is whisky soaked, miserable and bitter.

Edited by loong

I read the Bible.

It says a virgin who was married yet somehow still a virgin gave birth to the son of God who is somehow still God.

You pay him respects by going to church and pretend to eat his flesh and drink his

Blood and declare him your Savior.

He raised the dead and walked on water and rose from the dead himself.

No they are equally NUTS

No, not equally!

Things like throwing stones on the roof are harmless compared to all of the suffering, death,and destruction caused by Christians, Jews and Muslims in the name of the spirit they worship....and all three worship the same "spirit"..

Buddha will protect me as Im driving with no lights on at night..........................oh crap Ive just killed a family of 4.

They are all equally as bad as each other they would all kill you to protect their beliefs including Buddhists, I couldnt buy alcohol yesterday, why not? Im not a Buddhist yet because of a "belief" I am denied, whats the betting some of those stones actually hit someone on the head when they came down or someone looks up hearing a noise and the stone comes down and lands in their eye.

But its ok we dont have to worry about how we behave too much as we will be "reborn" so lets drive with abandon I mean what could possibly go wrong?

I BELIEVE !

I believe that all religions are dangerous and harmful superstitions. including Buddhism when followed as a religion and not just a philosophy.

But things like the Crusades, the Inquisition, Popes sending missionaries to the "New World" with instructions to kill those they can not convert.the constant conflicts between Muslims, Jews and Christians in the middle east and around the world are just some of the larger and better known examples of how the belief in one particular god has destroyed a huge number of lives since that belief has existed., and there is no indication it will stop in the foreseeable future.

The aforementioned things make the death and suffering caused by beliefs like Buddhism look like a very small drop in the bucket.

I do not take as insult but you have your opinion I have mine and maybe that's why your country has moved forward at a fast pace forgetting it's roots it's identity and because of that you want everywhere you go to be the same.

it is obvious with a few exeption here that you all belive you are correct no one else can have a culture which conflicts with what you belive to be right.

Opinions here only count if they are the same opinions as your own. This topic was about Thai beliefs and black magic I put my beliefs and practises down for all to see I am proud of my culture which is part of my beliefs.

Most don't agree fine no pam pam but to be insulted being said to abuse my child by a poster who is intent on being the only one right not only on this thread but all the posts on all the threads he participates in.

I do not call into question your belfes that's not mine to question same as it's not yours to try and pull apart my/our beliefs because you not like them.

Edited by jeab1980

Every religion has aspects of animism. Japanese meld Buddhism with Shinto beliefs. Chinese with Taoism and Christians in the west also believe in spirits (good and evil) in the form of angels and demons. Nothing new here at all.

Yes, no pom pam. No critical thinking, no questioning culture to make progress, this is part of the charm of living in the kingdom. That childlike quality is adorable...until you see the negative impacts, oh well T.I.T ...smile.

Thais believe in just about what ever the monks say is true, I think it's as simple as that.

For me, let's just say that I don't disbelieve in ghosts or spirits. I guess I am open to anything but it has to be proven. I do think that man's knowledge is very limited. In the next 100 years I think we will disprove a few things we now believe are correct and prove a few things that we currently believe are not possible.

Thais believe in just about what ever the monks say is true, I think it's as simple as that.

For me, let's just say that I don't disbelieve in ghosts or spirits. I guess I am open to anything but it has to be proven. I do think that man's knowledge is very limited. In the next 100 years I think we will disprove a few things we now believe are correct and prove a few things that we currently believe are not possible.

It's called the 'leap of faith'. I think quite a few Christians may also be guilty of it.

I do not take as insult but you have your opinion I have mine and maybe that's why your country has moved forward at a fast pace forgetting it's roots it's identity and because of that you want everywhere you go to be the same.

it is obvious with a few exeption here that you all belive you are correct no one else can have a culture which conflicts with what you belive to be right.

Opinions here only count if they are the same opinions as your own. This topic was about Thai beliefs and black magic I put my beliefs and practises down for all to see I am proud of my culture which is part of my beliefs.

Most don't agree fine no pam pam but to be insulted being said to abuse my child by a poster who is intent on being the only one right not only on this thread but all the posts on all the threads he participates in.

I do not call into question your belfes that's not mine to question same as it's not yours to try and pull apart my/our beliefs because you not like them.

Opinions only count when they are backed up with evidence, something you havent provided, any opinion without evidence is worthless.

Its nothing to do with liking or not liking its about proof and evidence, to teach your child ghosts are real is not good.

Edited by kannot

I BELIEVE !

No, not equally!

No they are equally NUTS

I believe that all religions are dangerous and harmful superstitions. including Buddhism when followed as a religion and not just a philosophy.

But things like the Crusades, the Inquisition, Popes sending missionaries to the "New World" with instructions to kill those they can not convert.the constant conflicts between Muslims, Jews and Christians in the middle east and around the world are just some of the larger and better known examples of how the belief in one particular god has destroyed a huge number of lives since that belief has existed., and there is no indication it will stop in the foreseeable future.

The aforementioned things make the death and suffering caused by beliefs like Buddhism look like a very small drop in the bucket.

All, are equally abhorrent all kill doesnt matter if 1 or a million and all done on a "belief"

I'm not religious in any way and don't believe in ghosts.

My pet hate is people who try to convince me otherwise.

If they persist when I tell them I'm not interested I try to change the subject and if that doesn't work I'll get up and leave.

For me talking about religion is on a par with talking about sex at the table.

Both are subjects people should keep to themselves.

On a forum it's sort of ok but on a night out it's not.

Opinions only count when they are backed up with evidence, something you havent provided, any opinion without evidence is worthless.

Its nothing to do with liking or not liking its about proof and evidence, to teach your child ghosts are real is not good.

WHATEVER YOU SAY this farang has always to be right. Whish there was a way of blocking certain people on here so I don't have to read the drivel they spout.

WHATEVER YOU SAY this farang has always to be right. Whish there was a way of blocking certain people on here so I don't have to read the drivel they spout.

You can add them to your ignore list and then not see their posts.

You want to ignore someone because they disagree with you?

You can be right too, you just have to tell people why you are, rather than when questioned avoiding the question. If you actually told us why you believe what you do and what evidence you have of it we would have no choice but to believe in ghosts(after seeing your irrefutable evidence)....but your only evidence is that your family believes in ghosts so therefore you do.....no critical thinking, no thought of your own, no questioning....someone told u what to believe so u do.

I guess what I am trying to say is that when you are telling people ghosts exist without any evidence whatsoever, you cannot really accuse other people of spouting drivel......Most people would think the one talking about ghosts was spouting drivel.

No I want to ignore him because he is nasty and vile postING comments like I abuse my child that is why .

I have not said anywhere I have seen a ghost what I have said is I belive in them. Everybodywants proof google it there is many many unexplained stories from real people. As iI said before neither side can prove or disprove ghosts exist. I belive in Budda can I prove he helps me of course not but in my heart I know it.if I as a GOOD mother wish to tell my child what has been passed onto me from my parents and to them from there'siI will, that does not make me a bad mother at all.