Where to get ear wax syringed

whitethai

No need to go to a hospital, the nurses in the local doctor's clinics can do it for you. I had it done a while back at Dr. Sawadeepong's clinic near Marine Plaza, roughly opposite the Camelot Hotel in South Pattaya.

No need to go to a hospital, the nurses in the local doctor's clinics can do it for you. I had it done a while back at Dr. Sawadeepong's clinic near Marine Plaza, roughly opposite the Camelot Hotel in South Pattaya.

About every small "clinic" can do it.

And as other wrote there even seem to be DIY sets.

Does it help to state that I once had it done at a clinic on Soi Buakhao?

Exactly here:

https://goo.gl/maps/TNiZEGWgKoN2

"BUAKHOUW" CLINIC tongue.png

Someday I will open a thread with the 20? 30? or more transcriptions of this street name.

I had it sucked out at BPH with a machine. Only did it once. In general you want the wax in there to keep out the insects, etc. unless it gets too impacted.

Yes, I've had it done on two different occasions at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. The thing that does the sucking has a camera attached so you can watch what's happening in your ear canal and if something is too hard to be sucked out, there is a "grabbing" thingee too that will handle that.

When I had it done many years ago at a certain European doctor's office in Pattaya, I was sent off for a week to put softening drops in my ear and then went back to have the nurse shoot ice cold water in my ear over and over again, with less than satisfactory results.

At the hospital they put the drops in the ears and then removed everything about a half hour later. More expensive, but far more comfortable and thorough at BPH.

Pattaya Memorial also have same machine as BPH. I had it done last year and recently spoke about it on a recent thread. It cost me ฿1600 as it included meds too. I had tried to clear the blockage myself and caused an infection & made a bit of a mess.

Instant relief when I had it done at Pattaya Memorial. A little expensive maybe but worth it this time. Don't mess around where your ears are concerned, get it done properly.

Maybe a silly question ........

But, how do you know your ears need done?

Surely personal hygiene is enough?smile.png

Yes, it is a silly question. Personal hygiene may also involve going to the hospital every few years to have your ears cleaned properly. Not everyone's ears have the same build up of wax and you shouldn't poke anything too far down your ears, as you may cause lasting damage - like I nearly did. I'm over 40 & only had to have this performed twice in my lifetime, so far.

If you've ever been swimming and noticed that you have water stuck in your ears for days, then this can be an indication that your ears are blocked with wax deeper down. You can't get this out with a cotton bud. Even using wax softener might not work enough, or some of the dangerous techniques shown on YouTube! Better to get it done right...

Edited by DMC1

Maybe a silly question ........

But, how do you know your ears need done?

Surely personal hygiene is enough?smile.png

Those cotton buds just compact the wax and push it further into the ear canal .After i had my ears cleaned by suction machine at a Hospital my hearing improved 100% .Incredible i could hear music in stereo again .The wax in my ear was so hard i first had to take ear drops to soften it for a few days .

I had it sucked out at BPH with a machine. Only did it once. In general you want the wax in there to keep out the insects, etc. unless it gets too impacted.

Had an ear infection about a year back and ended up at BPH being treated by their ear machine. Worked just great, even though the doctor (Dr Chalermpon) kept on asking if I was OK during the treatment. Expected some issues but it was only mildly uncomfortable. The link to a TV monitor made for interesting viewing. A bit pricey, as with most things at BPH, but I was covered by insurance.

My initial check-up was at a local clinic where the doctor stuck his handheld earscope into my infected ear and twisted it around a bit. Now, that did hurt!!

Got one of my ears done at Bangkok Pattaya a few years ago. Probably took about 30 mins in total. As some people have said, the camera showed everything. I only knew I had a problem because I could not hear people on the mobile phone, when I had it up to one ear as opposed to the other. Quite strange really !

I only knew I had a problem because I could not hear people on the mobile phone, when I had it up to one ear as opposed to the other. Quite strange really !

That's the normal effect. Clogged. Just that I don't need a mobile phone to notice tongue.png

I try to avoid it, but sometimes it happened.

Even own hygiene can be counterproductive as you might push the wax deeper into the ear canal.

I think it's worth to look for such a DIY set as described in post #2.

I had mine done at the hospital in soi 4, BIH.

It took about 30 minutes and the procedure was conducted by a Philipino nurse who spoke excellent English. (A real positive thing in respect on advice on aftercare - he also emphasized the dangers of self cleaning with cotton buds, as has already been mentioned by other posters).

Can't remember the price but would have been very reasonable - or I would have remembered if you get my drift!

About every small "clinic" can do it.

And as other wrote there even seem to be DIY sets.

Does it help to state that I once had it done at a clinic on Soi Buakhao?

Exactly here:

https://goo.gl/maps/TNiZEGWgKoN2

"BUAKHOUW" CLINIC tongue.png

Someday I will open a thread with the 20? 30? or more transcriptions of this street name.

It is pronounced. Soi buy a cow

Got its name many years ago there was farmers market that only sold cows

Would be very careful trying to do myself - came off a long flight with one blocked and after2 self attempts , went to the hospital and found that it was fluid in the inner ear caused by flying with a cold. Doctor advised that it should clear in 4 weeks which it did.

I too had the wax removal at BPH - Symptom water behind the wax blockage would not drain naturally.

Absolutely the best money ever spent.

Horrible smell during the removal unfortunately , obviously decades of build up of compacted wax , dirt , bum fluff etc

When the doctor finally "broke through" all the wax and debris the image of my ear drum on the monitor was a revelation.

I repeat THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2016 at 10:14 AM, Henryford said:

I'm thinking of going to the ENT clinic on Klang, was the experience good, successful?

I was going to go to Dr. Apichai as well today for an ear canal inspection and wax removal, but the sign on the door says open Wed, Fri, Sun 18:00 - 20:00. I guess I can wait (in my quiet blissful world)...

Does he use the vacuum suction method with a video scope, tools, or the standard  'examine/irrigate/examine' repeat?

Any feedback on the service and cost yet?

IMG_5125.JPG