Pattaya Red Light Warning

webfact

Pattaya Red Light Warning
Translation and Story by Albert Jack

red.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A video going viral on facebook and youtube offers a graphic reminder of the need to stay alert on the roads of Banglamung.

The clip, taken by another driver, shows a group of motorbike riders waiting at a red light at the crossroads in Rongpoh, Banglamung at 7am on the morning of 25th May. Obviously impatience set in as three riders, one with a female passenger, attempted to use a gap in the oncoming traffic to jump the red light and reach the centre crossing of the six lane highway.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224598/red-light-warning/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-26

Why don't they supply the video about these lunatics?

Not news Thais do that all day everyday everywhere.

Unfortunately I can only agree.

From pattayadailynews:

Edited by KhunBENQ

Every day they drive like this , i wait patiently in my car for the green light, still I drive slowly and look both left and right in case one of the idiots should try to skip the light.

Drivers jumping red lights... I see this every day too. Morons.

It's kind of unfortunate accidents happen so seldom (in relation to how frequently red lights get jumped) because it encourages others to do the same to look "gaeng maaak" and not be only of the group to wait for the green light like a lame carebear...

Som nom na

I am coming to the conclusion that Thais are colour blind...

Think it could be a bit more serious.

i think the local riders and drivers of Thailand have far more spare storage area in there gray matter

than most of us do biggrin.png

Edited by onemorechang

passenger(lady)came off worse it seems.....when will these 'walnut brain' morons ever learn.......absolute imbociles!!!!...i have no sympathy whatsoever...

probably the cars' fault to their way of thinking....clap2.gif

In a small way it was also the cars fault. We all know what Thai's do at traffic lights and most of us look a little harder to see if anyone is jumping the lights. This driver obviously didn't. It was an accident that with little bit of thought even the idiot jumping the lights could have avoided the accident

Personally I always hang back and allow others on motorcycles to go first when a light turns green, or as frequently happens when the countdown to green reaches 3. That way the cars from the side racing to get through the yellow light will wipe the early motorcycles out and I can peacefully drive around them and go on my way.

Darwin awards are an everyday occurrence in Thailand.

I feel sorry for the driver in the white car .

Always comes to my mind when I see such craziness: I could be me in the car.

I always feel uncomfortable with these brainless bike riders around.

Personally I always hang back and allow others on motorcycles to go first when a light turns green, or as frequently happens when the countdown to green reaches 3. That way the cars from the side racing to get through the yellow light will wipe the early motorcycles out and I can peacefully drive around them and go on my way.

Darwin awards are an everyday occurrence in Thailand.

Actually, before looking up, right, left, and forward, on weekdays I wait for another two cars to pass when the light turns green, on Weekends the correct number seems to be three, while during Chinese Holidays, in the North, it seems to go up another notch. facepalm.gif

Be aware though that I observed the correct number of vehicles seems to vary by province.

alot of people here saying this is not news as many people take risks on the roads every day. however this time it was captured on camera, then released to the public making it many many times worse. similar situation with the ladyboy letting its tits get groped for cash. it broke the rules and allowed to act to be filmed. wonder how the good general can cut down on these events being filmed? alot harder these days with phones and cars having cameras in them.

Apart from it's so incredible stupid to take the chance of crossing a red light, what surprise me is that no one seem to care the injured (or dead??) motorbike driver but his girlfriend or female passenger, the others are inspecting damages on the car or just move on – in my opinion, sad behavior, but I'm not well enough into Thai-Way-of-Thingking...

passenger(lady)came off worse it seems.....when will these 'walnut brain' morons ever learn.......absolute imbociles!!!!...i have no sympathy whatsoever...

In a small way it was also the cars fault. We all know what Thai's do at traffic lights and most of us look a little harder to see if anyone is jumping the lights. This driver obviously didn't. It was an accident that with little bit of thought even the idiot jumping the lights could have avoided the accident

Sorry but that is rubbish ,in no way was it the car drivers fault ,not in the slightest .

Apart from it's so incredible stupid to take the chance of crossing a red light, what surprise me is that no one seem to care the injured (or dead??) motorbike driver but his girlfriend or female passenger, the others are inspecting damages on the car or just move on – in my opinion, sad behavior, but I'm not well enough into Thai-Way-of-Thingking...

Cannot edit, but can now see it's the passenger that got hurt, not the driver...

He must have been drunk, to have done something so Stupid, Selfish, Dangerous, Idiotic.

People in Thailand don't behave like this all day every day do they ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Hope she recovers ok. wai2.gif

They don't need to be drunk to do stupid stuff like this. They manage it quite well sober...

"Thankfully, we are told, there were no fatalities but the viral clip does provide a timely reminder to take care and remain focused when using the roads."

What a ridiculous statement. It's only a reminder that if you decide to jump red lights you should be more careful.

Sorry but that is rubbish ,in no way was it the car drivers fault ,not in the slightest .

what if the driver of the car was a foreigner? if they had not come to thailand then the accident would not have happened. wonder if insurance companies use this line of reasoning.

As a former Auto Insurance accident investigator- the motorcycle driver was 100% at fault and should be cited for the accident and his insurance would be responsible for everything if he had it and if not he would be personally culpable. In addition, any road cleanup would also be billed by the city to the insurance or culpable party. Much the same in Thailand unless the police have a different slant on it.

This happens everyday somewhere in Thailand because the police do not enforce the law except when they want to and that is usually so they can make some money from it. The way people drive in Thailand is atrocious- it is one of the worst countries I have ever driven in because people just don't abide by the traffic rules. They drive way too fast for road conditions; go through red lights at will; drive on the wrong side of the street; drive drunk or on drugs- on and on. I have seen people stop their cars on 2 way roads ; leave the car in the roadway and go purchase from a sidewalk vendor while traffic backed up . No sense of responsibility or caring that other drivers may be inconvenienced. There needs to be a government sponsored driver education program and the police need to start doing their jobs.

what if the driver of the car was a foreigner? if they had not come to thailand then the accident would not have happened. wonder if insurance companies use this line of reasoning.

Have you been around the middle East for sometime before coming to Thailand ? wai2.gif