have you stringed the house up yet

opalred

every year the wife puts string around the house for luck/?

it was before around houses near but relations now fighting

so the temple near have strung string along main road to join all houses to temple

about 5klms good money for string suppliers

great for falang cheap charlies free food at temples all day on 28

If you live in the countryside superstition is something you learn to live with. One year they thought there was something wrong with the village as too many people were dying. They ran a string around the whole village including our house. With our 100 meter driveway we add a fair amount of string to the equation. We just finished two back to back funerals so I guess it might be time for a refresher string.

I did get my wife to put an end to killing chickens and tying strings around my wrist but they are free to do it among themselves if they wish. We haven’t done any of the required rituals or ceremonies connected to building a house but nine years later things continue to go more smoothly than for most. I guess when people feel a lack of control they turn to magic to make themselves feel better. If that doesn’t work then there is alway alcohol, I guess.

My wife said its no use. She has not done the good luck rubbish and said the houses near by that have done it have all had bad things happen to them like being robbed, wall falling down and so on.

Anyway we have top house insurance if things go wrong better than luck.

In CM there is a long tree lined street (I dont recall the name), big old trees with thick trunks. Every tree has a yellow band tied around it. Is this a spiritual thing or just a traffic hazard tool?

I'm not talking about the multi coloured ribbons like on spirit trees.

i notice this year more houses have string around them

do they need more good luck than normal

note falang cheap charlies keep away from my local temple

as i always pay for the food

only for the believers

Yes, and took it down a few months later..

The strings that were tied around my wrist

(another occasion)

I cut them off after the first shower..

They wanted to do it again, I declined...

In CM there is a long tree lined street (I dont recall the name), big old trees with thick trunks. Every tree has a yellow band tied around it. Is this a spiritual thing or just a traffic hazard tool?

Yellow or saffron colored material is sometimes used in an attempt to save trees or rocky outcroppings from destruction in my area.

Trail%2B%2526%2BGarden%2B%2B005.jpg

yes the yellow ribbon have meaning a monk has put them there

normal on older trees

and when you are driving and see whith other things there

blow your horn or yell as it will keep you safe on your trip

The street is Lamphun Road,runs all the way to Lamphun and is a relaxing drive if you are not in a hurry.

Thais regard large trees as sacred.

A guy was trowing Powder everywhere on the streets in London.

Many people look at him but a policeman ask what he is doing.

The guy said to the policeman its powder to keep the elephants of the street.

The policeman answer there are no elephants in London

The guy said good powder

The street is Lamphun Road,runs all the way to Lamphun and is a relaxing drive if you are not in a hurry.

Thais regard large trees as sacred.

Until they can cut it down and sell the wood or use it for building. Then the almighty baht becomes the more sacred of the 2.

This string "tradition" confuses me, especially since most say it is for good luck

Yet when I lived at Center Condo a foreigner threw, pushed or in some way assisted his girlfriend flying off his 8th floor balcony and the next thing after the police removed the body from the parking lot the building maintenance guys were wrapping the one strand thin white string around the whole building

Seems to me the "luck" had already run out for that poor girl

great for falang cheap charlies free food at temples all day on 28

coffee1.gif

What's one of them?

coffee1.gif

A collection of buildings with a wall around at which local people throw money and in which men in yellow dresses sit around doing very little all day.