Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

The Brit would not expect not to pay for his drinks in the uk, so why here, and throwing 20baht in the managers face is insulting.

The way I read it he didn't drink the cocktails. Just ordered them, went for wc and left...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the police are in a difficult position here. One one side, there is pressure to

preserve the positive image of Thailand, and on the other hand, they have to deal

with idiots like these Brits. From what I have read so far, it seems the Brit deserved

what he got.

I don't care how much the cocktails where ... he could have ordered a bottle of water.

The restaurant has the right to set it's prices as they see fit. And customers can either

order and pay for the items or move on ...

This Brit was obviously a retard and got what he deserved ...

The manager should have kept his cool as well ... but I don't see abusive behavior

from the Manager, just a reaction to an action ....

I hope this type of "tourists" stay home - we don't need more of these shit heads ...

On emerging he tried to leave the restaurant without paying and threw a twenty baht note in the face of the manager.

And I'm already waiting 15 years that my wife's throwing one thousand baht in my face......giggle.gif

​ P.S. They should deport the Brit to Australia.....biggrin.png

Edited by lostinisaan

I think the police are in a difficult position here. One one side, there is pressure to

preserve the positive image of Thailand, and on the other hand, they have to deal

with idiots like these Brits. From what I have read so far, it seems the Brit deserved

what he got.

I don't care how much the cocktails where ... he could have ordered a bottle of water.

The restaurant has the right to set it's prices as they see fit. And customers can either

The manager should have kept his cool as well ... but I don't see abusive behavior

I hope this type of "tourists" stay home - we don't need more of these shit heads ...

Well put, im amazed that most posters here do agree that the Brit was out of line and the cause of the trouble. Usually its .. farang good.. Thai bad case close.. oh.. bash Thais a bit more ad infinitum.

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

The Brit would not expect not to pay for his drinks in the uk, so why here, and throwing 20baht in the managers face is insulting.

The way I read it he didn't drink the cocktails. Just ordered them, went for wc and left...

Are you trying to say that he masturbated on the toilet?

No. Guy enters bar. Can I use wc? No only customers. Ok in that case gimme a cocktail. Gut leaves for wc. Returns. Leaves cocktail untouched. Walks out w/out paying untouched drink. ? ? ??

what he got.

Well put, im amazed that most posters here do agree that the Brit was out of line and the cause of the trouble. Usually its .. farang good.. Thai bad case close.. oh.. bash Thais a bit more ad infinitum.

I'm just wondering why Brits have to drink their beer in plastic cups back home? Would they really hit each other with glasses and bottles?

And they told me at primary school that British people invented the gentleman. I'm confused and lost in Isaan. facepalm.gif .

No. Guy enters bar. Can I use wc? No only customers. Ok in that case gimme a cocktail. Gut leaves for wc. Returns. Leaves cocktail untouched. Walks out w/out paying untouched drink. ? ? ??

Can you have short time but then don't pay her? Even when you didn't...aehh touch her?

BTW, it's Khao San road, not uncle Sam.

Edited by lostinisaan

what he got.

I'm just wondering why Brits have to drink their beer in plastic cups back home? Would they really hit each other with glasses and bottles?

And they told me at primary school that British people invented the gentleman. I'm confused and lost in Isaan. facepalm.gif .

The days that the English were considered gentlemen are long gone, there is not one nation that is better or more civilized (Canadians excepted maybe). We a got our idiots and trouble makers, in the Netherlands they often also drink beer from plastic cups in risk area's. Give me a party full of people on MDMA instead of alcohol and it will be far less violent.

And for Gods sake the guy had to take a leak, what ever happened to being nice or is it only take take take in this world. All this could have been avoided if the guy had just left the young man take a leak. He may have then sat in the bar all night drinking with his mates.

You you get a constant stream of people just going to use the toilets, which isnt very nice for customers

No, actually you would get hundreds of people a night who will buy beer from the 7/11 and family Mart, last time I was there and I assume they're talking about Khao San centre they had a sign up which was 10thb to use the toilet for non customers which is fair enough if you don't want to piss outside a shop I suppose...

Ordering 700thb of cocktails was the wrong move though

Throwing a 20 in the guys face could have ended much worse than just a mild black eye

I think the tot should install a public toilet in these crowded tourist areas of they want to be so tourist friendly, especially around areas like patpong and Nana and Khao San where there are so many dodgy bars people especially females may not want to go into...

This is not really a story, everyone knows the manager will not get any real punishment for this and no criminal record etc so little to discourage the next Thai from punching a tourist kid

what he got.

Is very common in Ireland and UK to get plastic cups, particularly in the rougher pubs/areas.... I think its because the bar owner is liable for compensation if someone gets pint glassed in the face or bottle over the head....

Some places are just rougher than others

i dont believe this story, we just have one side of the story.

And thats probably a publicity stunt : the thai police just try to portray thai people like the victim of the bad farang

Yes because all farang are angels and idiots and criminals dont travel.

And thats probably a publicity stunt : the thai police just try to portray thai people like the victim of the bad farang

Thanks, dude. I hope that the guy isn't really living here and jerking a little when he thinks about the country. Those posts mean nothing. Nil.-blink.png

Taxi driver robs tourists. Next story is a nice taxi driver returning 1,000,000 baht cash to a Tourist.

British grandmother kicked unconcious in Hua Hin for standing up for her son. Next story is a Brit tourist clearly being a <deleted> and deserving his kicking.

Seems like Will is a <deleted>, as clarified multiple times by the article. But why is this news?

Going for the defence of "I was trying to stop him leaving my establishment without paying the bill . I was trying to stop him commiting an offence" May work

Foreigner never consumed anything.......ie he did not take ownership.......

Are you under the impression that you can walk into a bar, order mixed drinks, but you don't have to pay if you don't drink them?

You should try that theory out one night. Take band-aids.

Edited by halloween

crap...

Khao san road... we have multiple reports/articles/testimony of tourists who had been assaulted, mugged, robbed, beaten in this area!

Do you remember this 18 yo woman tourists who get her head smashed with a brick and dragged in a back alley by a thai guy...

Recently, a tv member witnessed the beating of a young tourists during songkran by thai security.

etc etc etc etc etc etc (i can spend the whole night telling you all the crime in this area)

In this area, a room cost around 300 baht, and the thai criminals wanted to charge 700 baht for a cocktail, so 2 time the price of a room (what they did pour in the cocktail to be so expensive?)

Here the fact : one more time again, a tourist was assaulted. We have a leaked video once again. The police just made this bs story

to portray the thai criminal as the victim and the british guy as the culprit : BS!!!

"Yes because all farang are angels and idiots and criminals dont travel."

complete absolute crap. Using a toilet is not criminal, punching someone in the face is criminal.

And the british can feel very lucky he wasnt set up by ten thai guy, he would be certainly dead....

Edited by Bender

and the thai criminals wanted to charge 700 baht for a cocktail, so 2 time the price of a room (what they did pour in the cocktail to be so expensive?)

If you look at the story it was plural cocktails, there was an s on the end, meaning there was more than one of them

Thanks, dude. I hope that the guy isn't really living here and jerking a little when he thinks about the country. Those posts mean nothing. Nil.-blink.png

dnfefkejiojwjeofjiow.jpg?type=w2

hey grandma its time to go sleep, tomorrow you have to take care of the pigs

had he pulled this crap back home he woulda got a broken beer bottle in the throat, what on earth makes these dumb <deleted> think they can pull that crap here ?

In the real world you call the police for issues such as this. Obviously that is not realistic in a country where the bribes would be more than the actual amount in dispute. I am a business owner over here so understand that I wouldn't call the cops over this.

I am thinking that it is rather hard to believe that any owner of a bar that wouldn't let somebody use the toilet for free would have extended a line of credit of 700 Baht. On Khao San road "You pay now." Especially in this type of circumstance. If everything was on the up and up and the owner was justified the cops wouldn't come anyway because they wouldn't have to.

Edited by anotheruser

Throwing money into peoples faces and throwing a punch in a persons face are quite similar, they are both assault .

Knowing how affectionate Thais are too their King and knowing the strict Les Majeste laws , its really not a good idea to go throwing 20 Bahts around, which have an image of the King on it

and the thai criminals wanted to charge 700 baht for a cocktail, so 2 time the price of a room (what they did pour in the cocktail to be so expensive?)

If you look at the story it was plural cocktails, there was an s on the end, meaning there was more than one of them

so i believe less and less this story. When you go to bar, you order several drinks at the same time?

As i said, we just have one side of the story, and when you know that several tourists are assaulted in this area every month, we know who are the real criminals.

Kao san road, is suffering from loss of customer( chinese dont go there), the thai criminal certainly wanted to scam the british guy...

so i believe less and less this story. When you go to bar, you order several drinks at the same time?

As i said, we just have one side of the story, and when you know that several tourists are assaulted in this area every month, we know who are the real criminals.

Kao san road, is suffering from loss of customer( chinese dont go there), the thai criminal certainly wanted to scam the british guy...

So why weren't the drinks paid for by somebody in the group when the guy went into the toilet? The fact the Thai cops brought the owner in isn't good. Normally if you know anything about business here the police side with the owner.

Throwing money into peoples faces and throwing a punch in a persons face are quite similar, they are both assault .

Knowing how affectionate Thais are too their King and knowing the strict Les Majeste laws , its really not a good idea to go throwing 20 Bahts around, which have an image of the King on it

This is quite simply nonsense.