Top Posters In This Topic

Again, who do you think you are,

come into my house,

think you can do as you please,

remember, this is not your country,

go home yankee,,,,,,,,,,

after you spend all your money.

Again, we are reminded.

What i can tell is that these touristy places like KS road are full with Thai who suffer from Farang-fatuigue. I have only been there once, during the early evening, and its recipe for disaster. These kids think they are hot shots "cuz they are in Bangkok"... Their arrogance/ignorance is massive. TAT should clean up that place. Get rid of all the dodgy offers/stuff. But then the cash might leave too and money talks ....

"Farang-fatuigue" eh? Then they should get the %^$# out of the tourism industry. I'm sick to death of this double standard. Thais reacting with violence because it's their country and they don't like farang. Worst part is so many resident farang accept this barbaric behavior. What if an Australian or Canadian was pumping his fist into the face of Chinese tourists because he had "Chinese-fatigue"...I tell you what, his ass would be behind bars, which is where these violent Thai men who work in the tourism industry should be ASAP.

What i can tell is that these touristy places like KS road are full with Thai who suffer from Farang-fatuigue. I have only been there once, during the early evening, and its recipe for disaster. These kids think they are hot shots "cuz they are in Bangkok"... Their arrogance/ignorance is massive. TAT should clean up that place. Get rid of all the dodgy offers/stuff. But then the cash might leave too and money talks ....

"Farang-fatuigue" eh? Then they should get the %^$# out of the tourism industry. I'm sick to death of this double standard. Thais reacting with violence because it's their country and they don't like farang. Worst part is so many resident farang accept this barbaric behavior. What if an Australian or Canadian was pumping his fist into the face of Chinese tourists because he had "Chinese-fatigue"...I tell you what, his ass would be behind bars, which is where these violent Thai men who work in the tourism industry should be ASAP.

double standards are the norm, alas. we all know most of them only want our MONEY and not our PRESENCE. thailand is xenophobic because their respective governments and other institutions have never bothered to bring a liitle bit of wisdom to the people, wisdom which goes BEYOND thailand, thai customs, thai food, thai superiority, thai hapiness, thai unity, etc. how many times have i heard: farang this and farang that, utter-nonsense generalisations from some local who has never left his own province but yet thinks he knows how ALL FARANG IN THE WORLD are.... 20 years ago thai people had respect for westerners. those days are long gone mainly due to Thai press mostly showing idiotic farang incidents. funnily, my neighbour who is utter-classic Thai, does not believe in a mixed society, extremely yellowshirt'ish and nationalistic ONLY POSTS idiotic cheesy pictures of farang BABIES on her facebook. 555 double standards ....

the british can feel very lucky, that this thai criminal didnt have a gun.

You remember last year the young turkish guy who was shot dead (in Samui i think) in a pub/restaurant. And then the thai killer owner claimed it was self defense....

Edited by Bender

And if they would only of let him use the head there would not of been a problem !! I own a bar restaurant and I allow everybody and anybody to use the head !! I know it's hard for some to understand this but it's called being nice & polite NOT BEING A DOUCHEBAG !!

In Europe you have to pay to use the washrooms in restaurants, and they have people at the door to collect the money, and if you don't pay you can't go.

You should qualify that statement by saying "In some parts of Europe ............etc etc.

You certainly don't have to pay in the UK.

You remember last year the young turkish guy who was shot dead (in Samui i think) in a pub/restaurant. And then the thai killer owner claimed it was self defense....

I thought he was a restaurant manager - according to the headline?

And if they would only of let him use the head there would not of been a problem !! I own a bar restaurant and I allow everybody and anybody to use the head !! I know it's hard for some to understand this but it's called being nice & polite NOT BEING A DOUCHEBAG !!

In Europe you have to pay to use the washrooms in restaurants, and they have people at the door to collect the money, and if you don't pay you can't go.

You should qualify that statement by saying "In some parts of Europe ............etc etc.

You certainly don't have to pay in the UK.

That maybe about to change http://www.camdennewjournal.com/pond-square-toilets

Personally? I think those Budget Airlines have a lot to answer for.

matt-ryanair-loo_1578873i.jpg

And for Gods sake the guy had to take a leak, what ever happened to being nice or is it only take take take in this world. All this could have been avoided if the guy had just left the young man take a leak. He may have then sat in the bar all night drinking with his mates.

You you get a constant stream of people just going to use the toilets, which isnt very nice for customers

That's what you THINK. It's a f**ing toilet and doesn't cost a business owner anything to let passers by come in and use the bathroom. I've been to many places where you don't have to buy something to take a leak and I haven't seen this "constant streem of people" that you refer to. It's a figment of your imagination or supposition.
Not 100% correct. These establishments have to pay for water, electricity, cleaning staff, rent, etc. People walking in off the street using the facilities aren't contributing anything to the owners expenses in the form of purchased food or drinks.

In most places there isn't a "stream of people" walking in, but in tourist hotspots, like Khaosan Road, that can be a completely different matter.

I've sat in restaurants there from time to time and yes, quite a few of these cheap skates do walk in to use the toilets, leave their empty water/beer bottles (purchased at 7/11) on the tables, put out their fags in the ashtrays etc.

All of which has to be cleaned up by restaurant staff...

I'm not in the hospatility industry, but when I see this kind of behaviour, then I sincerely symphatise with the restaurant/pub owners.

Edited by djayz

There are no public toilets on Kaosan Road. It is a major meeting point and hanging out place for thousands of dirty tourists wearing parachute pants and braiding their hair because they think That makes them look like a SE Asian tourist. If there are no toilets, where do the Thai think...oh, right...thinking hard mak mak.

I thought he was a restaurant manager - according to the headline?

are you talking about the young turkish who was shot dead in Samui in a pub restaurant in broad daylight?

Then pay for a drink become a customer.. or are you such a cheap guy that you want to solve your problems at an other guys cost.

So an other guy with a business must oblige you because you have a problem and are to cheap to buy a drink and become a customer.

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense e.g. football, all day long. At least in Ireland you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything, even sober people, 555! No seriously, a Dutch bodybuilder who is calling the Irish stupid, that's hilarious. What have the Dutch ever accomplished besides building dikes and canals and robbing other countries blind? Look what you did to the Indonesians. The NL's is responsible for the apartheid and segregation in Southern Africa. I could go on for hours. The good thing about us 'drinking' Irish is that we are loved throughout the world for our culture of friendliness and warm heartedness and that we have never conquered any other countries and of course our literature, music and great whiskey's. You guys still can't win the world cup even though you've been in the final 3 times clap2.gif

There is lots of places in UK that would say something if you walked in to use the bathroom without being a paying customer... (Pubs/Bars etc) Commonly referred to as a Mc $ hit in Roger Smellies Profarnious, as Macca Ds is apparently the easiest ablutions to use for free without hindrance or payment required

800px-Roger%27s_Profanisaurus_first_edit

There are no public toilets on Kaosan Road. It is a major meeting point and hanging out place for thousands of dirty tourists wearing parachute pants and braiding their hair because they think That makes them look like a SE Asian tourist. If there are no toilets, where do the Thai think...oh, right...thinking hard mak mak.

I guess you haven't been over to Kao Sarn for a while then. You will mostly see middle class couples and couples with kids who look very clean with their socks, shoes, iPhones and credit cards.

What an arrogant and moronic thing to say; 'dirty tourists wearing parachute pants and braiding their hair'. How would you describe the tourists on Silom or Sukumwit? dirty old men hovering around go-go bars looking for cheap sex with ladyboys?

Parachute pants in youth or Chang wife beaters in pervy retirees. Thailand gets what it's attracting. 75% scum mongers cheapos sextourists wannabe alternativos and plain morons who can afford a plane ticket but don't have a brain.

And for Gods sake the guy had to take a leak, what ever happened to being nice or is it only take take take in this world. All this could have been avoided if the guy had just left the young man take a leak. He may have then sat in the bar all night drinking with his mates.

You you get a constant stream of people just going to use the toilets, which isnt very nice for customers

That's what you THINK. It's a f**ing toilet and doesn't cost a business owner anything to let passers by come in and use the bathroom. I've been to many places where you don't have to buy something to take a leak and I haven't seen this "constant streem of people" that you refer to. It's a figment of your imagination or supposition.
Not 100% correct. These establishments have to pay for water, electricity, cleaning staff, rent, etc. People walking in off the street using the facilities aren't contributing anything to the owners expenses in the form of purchased food or drinks.

In most places there isn't a "stream of people" walking in, but in tourist hotspots, like Khaosan Road, that can be a completely different matter.

I've sat in restaurants there from time to time and yes, quite a few of these cheap skates do walk in to use the toilets, leave their empty water/beer bottles (purchased at 7/11) on the tables, put out their fags in the ashtrays etc.

All of which has to be cleaned up by restaurant staff...

I'm not in the hospatility industry, but when I see this kind of behaviour, then I sincerely symphatise with the restaurant/pub owners.

Note the date of this article, it is becoming more and more common ..

http://tenplay.com.au/news/national/may/pay-to-pee-a-new-initiative-at-a-melbourne-pub

I have been in the hospitality business, two restaurants in Melbourne. The first one right in the middle of 5 Pubs/Nightclubs - Ironically right below me, in the car park level was a small Pommy Pub which turned into a nightclub during the evenings. You couldn't swing a cat in their toilets and by 2200 they would be a filthy disgrace and you wouldn't go near the place even if you could get past the druggies.

I didn't set up my Restaurant to be a Public Lavatory. Especially for those ferals.

Say what you like, but unless you have been there and done that, you don't know. Particularly if you are so naive to think it doesn't cost you. Not only money, but good paying customers.

He was not allowed to use toilet, because he did not spend any money in that restaurant ??

So tourists are welcome only if they spend their money ? Otherwise ?

What police care here is an escalated simple problem that ended to one man punched in the face. To police restaurant should welcome tourists, not only tourists money.

I understand why police arrested the manager.

Edited by Foozool

So if we sum up this whole story, a tourist was once again assaulted, and we only get the version from the thai criminal.

It seems in thailand, they always have a good reason for beating the foreigners even if they are ederly women....

This does seem an odd story. Not because of the Brit's behaviour. Lots of tourist <deleted> on Khoa San. Also, not because of the Thai managers behaviour. That seems about par for the course on Khoa San Road. It really does seem like a publicity stunt. bad behaviour from tourists and locals happens a lot of Khoa San.

There's that speedboat incident that happened the other day where a tourist died. I read about it in the UK press a daybefore the Thai press.

If you want good publicity, just be honest about things. Shit happens. Crack down on criminals and take care of your tourists. No matter who is in the wrong people will generally see it as an individual case and indiviadual circumstances.

During four months in Thailand, (hoping to return soon), I never even bothered going the the old hippy street Khao San Road. I doubt that I missed much.

Thailand needs to promote Jiujitsu as the national sport. So that instead of throwing Muay Thai kicks n punches when tourist or customers misbehave.

They can instead learn to do locks n submissions to restrain the ppl who misbehave 1st till the police n authorities arrive.

I am thinking the guy ordered a "bucket"

..which many vendors in that area have promotion for what is supposedly a strong mix of spirits in a..

err..bucket..meant for 3 or 4 persons.

But he was a smart arse and ordered this with no intention of paying for it,

just to circumvent the business owner, who rightly expected some sort of compensation for services normally rendered to paying customers

som num na for getting a small slap.

Actually i cant believe he agreed to go to the police after a minor slap he deserved

There is not much to say about the matter here. are you a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. Englishmen are not the most polite people on this earth

You should qualify that, 'some Englishmen are not the most polite people on earth' we aren't all chavs from the slums, having said that i must admit that there are an awful lot about.