Jenphop Indicted for Fatal Benz Crash

After living here since the late 1960's I think that most farang so are out of touch with Thailand.

He will go free like the thousands before him.

This is not a statement about the Kingdom which is sacred and most wonderful to all ...long live our King.

It is a matter of commercial life.

This is apparently difficult for foreigners and farangs to understand because you are not Thai.

Blessing you well in your journey.

Remember that this is Thailand. It is not the UK,USA ,France or other ailing countries.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After living here since the late 1960's I think that most farang so are out of touch with Thailand.

This is not a statement about the Kingdom which is sacred and most wonderful to all ...long live our King.

This is apparently difficult for foreigners and farangs to understand because you are not Thai.

Remember that this is Thailand. It is not the UK,USA ,France or other ailing countries.

Sweet Jesus.

W

''Long live our king'' : an underhanded insert used by posters in a ''disagree with me if you dare'' kind of way. :rolleyes: Well done mate, you're so knowledgeable in all things Thailand...it's been this way for ages so let's just keep it that way. If you lived in Saudi you'd probably join a local stoning ''just to be like the locals'' right. :mellow:

Pass me your hookah when you're done.

W

''Long live our king'' : an underhanded insert used by posters in a ''disagree with me if you dare'' kind of way. rolleyes.gif Well done mate, you're so knowledgeable in all things Thailand...it's been this way for ages so let's just keep it that way. If you lived in Saudi you'd probably join a local stoning ''just to be like the locals'' right. mellow.png

The most important word in that whole cringeworthy post was 'our'.

For reasons that are too obvious to mention.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

If you think that this is outragoous then you do not live here and possibly should not.

This is Thailand.

Try to cope with where you are.

It has done me well for about 50 years.

Trying to help not being disrespectful.

Long live our King.

wgn

If you think that this is outragoous then you do not live here and possibly should not.

This is Thailand.

Long live our King.

wgn

I live here, my wife livea here, my parents in law in live here, my friends live here. All find this outrageous - I'm the only foreigner though. :rolleyes: Guess I'll tell the family that Dr.Bill suggests they move from their home country. -_-

This is Thailand.

Long live our King.

wgn

Dear Lord... another topic hijacker.

Slightly off-topic so enjoy your day.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

This is Thailand.

Long live our King.

wgn

Goodness me, you have been here for fifty years, and do not think it outrageous that two entirely innocent people should die such terrible deaths and the person responsible should get away with it because he is rich and well connected

Well you know, I haven't been here anything that long, but I think it is outrageous, and what is more, very many Thais who have lived here all their lives think it is outrageous.

Still coming to terms with the complexities of quoting... the good ole back-packing days were so much simpler...

For Gods sake Winnie, don't admit to having been a backpacker on here!

The sanctimonious ones will be over your posts like a particularly unpleasant Pattaya rash!

Edited by JAG

Still coming to terms with the complexities of quoting... the good ole back-packing days were so much simpler...

The sanctimonious ones will be over your posts like a particularly unpleasant Pattaya rash!

LOL

God forbid. I was actually referring to the other bloke, who is without doubt a back-packer. Not me, I never was. Not clear from my post though. Oops.

W

Bloody hippies... laugh.png

Edited by Winniedapu

With respect to "drbill" he did not make any statement over the actions of Jenphop, he did opine that he was not at all surprised by the response of the police / justice system.

I am not defending him nor his patronising posting style, but posters are conflating issues to attack him.

This is Thailand.

Long live our King.

wgn

In the past so many things could be hidden to the public, and not only in Thailand. Today it is a different matter, we have Internet, easy video recording with smart phones, CCTV, dash cams etc but the rich and powerful "elite" thinks they can do like in the past and get away with there crimes.

Indeed. Never understood the animosity towards backpackers on this forum. Having been one myself many moons ago I can honestly say that was the best vacation I've ever had.

Is it jealousy?

I'll wager that he's left the temple already. The abbot will have been given a donation and instructed everybody to turn a blind eye to him disappearing from the Wat...TIT... One rule of law for the HiSo's (basically they are untouchable) and one for the remainder...

With respect to "drbill" he did not make any statement over the actions of Jenphop, he did opine that he was not at all surprised by the response of the police / justice system.

I am not defending him nor his patronising posting style, but posters are conflating issues to attack him.

I'm afraid I don't agree with you.

His last post suggested that those of us who think the Mercedes Benz drivers case and his treatment outrageous (1) do not live here - many of us do and (2) that the whole business should not be regarded as outrageous, so by implication is acceptable?

That alone deserves a forceful response, if only because it is rather a slur on the very large number of Thais who also think it is outrageous, but cannot say so publicly for reasons which as a very long term resident he should also understand.

Finally, his regularly invoking the monarch is an attempt to frustrate any challenge to his views, designed to land the challenger in "hot water", at least on the forum, possibly beyond.

"Winniedapu" had it right - "cringe-worthy".

Edited by JAG

Quick question.. do you yourself think he should get off free/ or suspended sentence?..you didn't say..

Unfit for prison?

Unbelievable.

There is nothing to believe or not believe. No one has said he is unfit for anything yet.

It's already stated in the article that it will be considered whether he is unfit for prison and should be sent to a mental institution. If you've lived in Thailand long enough you should know what's going to happen next.