Your Electric Bill...you must confess!

KhonKaenKowboy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 8k, same as normal for this time of year, regardless of where I live. I've moved several times over the years and it always comes to about the same.

I like my A/C all the time. It's 23 degrees C sitting here right now. Nice and cool.

About 8k, same as normal for this time of year, regardless of where I live. I've moved several times over the years and it always comes to about the same.

I like my A/C all the time. It's 23 degrees C sitting here right now. Nice and cool.

I keep my AC at the recommended temperature of 28C. Saves energy, not cooling the birds in the roof. Power bill today was 983.21 THB for the month. A bit less than for April.

Room facing due East, 12 floors of concrete above me, full sunlight 6 hours every day. Thinking of putting reflective film on soon.

3k on the dot for me this month. Run aircon in very large bedroom almost every night last month, big old non efficient unit. Ran sporadically in the lounge most days just to bring room down from 30 plus to 25 then aircon switches off till I switch on again. Other than that fridge and fan type stuff,

Bedroom faces East with large bay window so gets hot vey early and stays that way for most of the day hence aircon to cool down at night and continuing to stop heat in morning.

7,2K for the last month. Fifty percent higher than usual for this time of year, but I will not give up the comfort and health benefits from having clean cool air in every room. A few hundred baht is a low price to pay.

2k....We used the AC alot....The worst month was last year at about 4K. ......

So far this year about 2K....2100sf with 3 AC's......

Part of April we were out of the country - skewering the results during the hot spell.....

In Mae Rim we usually have the AC only on the the bedroom at nights. Normal power bill per month is around 2500baht. But during that heatwave it jumped to about 3500 per month.

I agree...bugger the cost. I'd rather live comfortably that suffer in silence

I keep my AC at the recommended temperature of 28C. Saves energy, not cooling the birds in the roof. Power bill today was 983.21 THB for the month. A bit less than for April.

Room facing due East, 12 floors of concrete above me, full sunlight 6 hours every day. Thinking of putting reflective film on soon.

there is no such thing like a recommended temperature. comfort levels vary.

My bill was 3,578baht for a 50m2 condo facing south-east. We use a 9,000BTU AC all night set to 27 and a 12,000BTU AC in the living room for around 5-6 hours per day. My ACs are not inverters, my bill would be significantly less if they were. The other main appliances are the TV, fridge-freezer and washing machine - we do two loads per day.

my last electricty bill was the highest in 10 years; 689 Baht (per day).

21,000 per month?

That's fairly hefty.

Mine is usually 12,000 - 14,000 per month depending on the month...but I think this north will be a little higher.

4,500 Baht this month. Higher than it's been since I came to Thailand. I can't imagine running an a/c on 28... I'd sweat to death. 21-22 is more like it for me. The energy efficiency labels on my a/c units tell me that mine are fuel guzzling animal a/c units (lowest level of efficiency) but as long as they keep the place cool.. I'll be fine. :-)

21,000 per month?

That's fairly hefty.

Mine is usually 12,000 - 14,000 per month depending on the month...but I think this north will be a little higher.

it is indeed hefty although although i don't exaggerate setting the thermostats very low. 25-26ºC is the temperature range i consider comfortable.

Always 1,400 to 1,600 baht a month. Large two storey house, two occupants. Many electrical appliances on all day and three lights on all night. Open doors and windows to let the breeze through and floor fans - about three of those running all day. The reason so much lower than many of you is that I never use aircon. Makes me sick. Turn it off when staying in hotel rooms, etc.

8000? Are you running the national grid from your living room?

21,000 per month?

That's fairly hefty.

it is indeed hefty although although i don't exaggerate setting the thermostats very low. 25-26ºC is the temperature range i consider comfortable.

Have you considered closing the doors and windows when the air con is running? whistling.gif

The highest bill ever this month. 2,100 baht. No AC in my office, while wifey ( watching her soaps in the living room) and son ( in his room) are sitting in air conditioned rooms and I'm sweating like a penguin in Honolulu.

The aircon in our Master bedroom runs only for an hour before we go to bed.

Edited by lostinisaan

You got me beat 752 for my condo. I wonder if the rates are equal? About 5 years ago I lived with a girl in Ubon. We had the covers up to our neck all night with the A/C running and the bill was never over 600 bahts a month. I found this amazing.

2950 Baht, 150 more than last month and the 2 highest electric bills we've had in 10 years. 3 A/C's running pretty much 18-20 hours per day, numerous computers, fans, 2 refrigerators, etc. One thing I've never complained about are electric bills here.