4th Border Run (Visa excempt) Question

So, I was unemployd for like 2 years, had an income from online work in the UK (spare the WP lecture please) and had around 8 single entry tourist visa from VT / PP. I couldn't get anymore as boss of PP embassy wrote on my last visa "last one" .

I have done 3 border runs back to back (+ 3 extensions) to Cambodia with an agent. I understand a 4th one is "risky" and I need the passport page for an business visa + WP in 3 weeks.

I have 2 choices, use an E-visa and exit Poipet, return to a border miles from nowhere and pay tea money or fly to Siem Reap for a day. I don't want to do land for obvious travel hell etc, If I fly to Siem Reap, fly back the next day and show a ticket to UK, 20,000 in K Bank and a condo lease with a story of "im going to UK in 3 weeks to change to a business visa" will there be no issue and ill get 30 days ? I have UK passport abd cant really afford getting refused as I will loose a passport page gwtting another Cambodian visa.

Yes I shoukd have got a new PP 6 monthes ago but expected to get employed sooner.

I already bought a cambodian e-visa, the issue,is not the location. The question is, will I have any issues getting my 30 days (4th visa excempt) showing my condo lease, 20k in K Bank and a plane email itnery for UK in 3 weeks?

I have heard no ones knows if the limit is 3 or 4, the computer beeps up a warning and you get refused.

Edited by Bingo66

I already bought a cambodian e-visa, the issue,is not the location. The question is, will I have any issues getting my 30 days (4th visa excempt) showing my condo lease, 20k in K Bank and a plane email itnery for UK in 3 weeks?

I would seem you are asking for an assurance nobody here is able to provide.

You will realise that an email itinerary is not evidence of having an onward flight.

Showing a condo lease proves that maybe you are not a tourist.

• Like 2

I have heard no ones knows if the limit is 3 or 4, the computer beeps up a warning and you get refused.

No one can be sure if you'll be granted a 4th visa exempt entry. The condo lease and 20K in a bank book won't help. Having 20K cash and onward flight within 3 weeks would.

There is no limit at most borders so it's up to the IO when you enter. If they believe you are a 'visa runner' they can question you at length about what you do in the country and could deny entry.

• Like 1

How else do you prove you have a flight booked? Take a selfie at the plane that isn't set to depart for another 3 weeks?

Does an email itinerary prove a flight is booked.?

Can a boarding pass be obtained with such an email ?

Whenever I have booked flights on line I have received much more than an "itinerary" including evidence that the flight has, in fact, been paid for in full.

How else do you prove you have a flight booked? Take a selfie at the plane that isn't set to depart for another 3 weeks?

If anyone intends entering Thailand by plane on obtain visa exempt stamp, then they almost certainly require showing an onward flight within the 30 days from entering. A copy of flight out will be (most likely) will be needed to be shown at check in. The itinerary will have word CONFIRMED. This means paid

Edited by jacksam

Given your history, and recent 30-day exempt usage, I would *not* try to re-enter at an airport, as a refusal could result in being forced to purchase a last-minute ticket to your home-country.

If you intend on staying here on Tourist Visas, you will need to spread out your TV-applications between Penang, Laos, and other locations - with Laos and Penang being used last, because they do not count the visas from other consulates against you.

If the 8 visas you cite are in your current passport, you will need to plan to apply for a new, clean passport from your embassy, in order to be able to obtain future Tourist Visas from Consulates in the region. But if you do not have any Tourist Visas from Laos or Penang in your current passport, you may be able to get 3 from Laos and 2 from Penang, before taking that step.

By all means, save your "Visa Exempt" entries for worst-case scenarios, where you go somewhere for a Tourist Visa and are unexpectedly denied. Add to that count only in emergencies, because the Immigration computer system will 'alert' based on your Visa Exempt count. leading to questions and possibly denial of entry. Using a Visa Exempt is not likely to be a problem for people who come to Thailand occasionally - only for those staying here long-term on Tourist Visas and Visa Exempts.

I have exactly 1 visa-exempt in my passport in last 4 years due to messing up a double activation and needing to do an out-in before they stopped all that.

I have lived in Thailand on consulate issued visas in those 4 years with no issues at borders at all.

Will I have an issues getting a 2nd,3rd 4th visa-free at borders (broken up with tourist visas ) as I want to now travel to surrounding countries for a break over the next 12 months from the same old same old surroundings to freshen things up.

I almost think/feel/guess they are flagging you on continual stay with little time out the country under 50, not just after a set amount of visa-exempts now looking at exp. of a few posters on this forum....(that Turkish guy that got recently bounced out at swampy)

I have exactly 1 visa-exempt in my passport in last 4 years due to messing up a double activation and needing to do an out-in before they stopped all that.

I have lived in Thailand on consulate issued visas in those 4 years with no issues at borders at all.

Will I have an issues getting a 2nd,3rd 4th visa-free at borders (broken up with tourist visas ) as I want to now travel to surrounding countries for a break over the next 12 months from the same old same old surroundings to freshen things up.

I almost think/feel/guess they are flagging you on continual stay with little time out the country under 50, not just after a set amount of visa-exempts now looking at exp. of a few posters on this forum....(that Turkish guy that got recently bounced out at swampy)

You should not have a problem doing visa exempt entries between tourist visas. You will only get a 15 day entry at a border unless you are from a G7 country that allows for a 30 day entry. You can get a 30 day extension of the visa exempt entries at immigration.