Wet road sends Phuket driver into 10m roadside ditch

webfact

Wet road sends Phuket driver into 10m roadside ditch
Eakkapop Thongtub

1464578920_1-org.jpg
Kritsanapong Kongsri, 40, suffered neck and back injuries after his SUV plunged down a 10-metre roadside ditch. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A man is in hospital after his SUV slid off a wet road and plunged 10 metres into a ditch near the Phuket Mining Museum in Koh Kaew yesterday (May 29).

Kritsanapong Kongsri, 40, told rescue teams that he was on his way from Kathu to Koh Kaew at about midday when his car slid out of control on an S-curve, sending his white Pajero off-road and into the deep ditch.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/wet-road-sends-phuket-driver-into-10m-roadside-ditch-57643.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-30

No chance he was going a bit quick for the conditions?

Really, the wet road sent him into the ditch....

that is the metality here, blame everything and everyone else, have an accident with a Thai and farang is to blame, it was the wet road - it was all the drinks I had that made me crash - it was because I fell asleep - it was my phone

can't see it changing any time soon, Thailand the Hub of "it wasn't me that did it"

that is the metality here, blame everything and everyone else, have an accident with a Thai and farang is to blame, it was the wet road - it was all the drinks I had that made me crash - it was because I fell asleep - it was my phone

can't see it changing any time soon, Thailand the Hub of "it wasn't me that did it"

"have an accident with a Thai and farang is to blame,"

Why people keep sprouting this same old nonsense is beyond me.

I don't think it's literal this time, Steven, just an example as to how Thais never seem to accept that anything is their fault.

maybe not in every case but the odds are not in your favor but of course you know better

Why not, it happened to me. bah.gif

maybe not in every case but the odds are not in your favor but of course you know better

Since your statement is nonsense, yes.

Is the wet road facing any charges ?

Yes it is. The road is being charged with conspiring to cause bodily harm to an unsuspecting local driver who is not to blame for anything. If found guilty it could get life on the road

Edited by gandalf12

I don't think it's literal this time, Steven, just an example as to how Thais never seem to accept that anything is their fault.

I have lived in Thailand for nearly 25 years and as far as I remember I have never, ever, seen a Thai accept responsibility for anything.

A combination of rain ghosts, road ghosts, poor driving skills, high humidity increasing power output, poor driving skills,Poor driving skills ( ad nauseum) would likely create a high probability of an accident. One of many but only reported for an individual of financial significance?

Sure, through the S curve a little fast in wet conditions, stamp on the brake, guess what, the tail end starts to come around. As a kid used to do that kind of thing for fun, key being you let off the brake and the tail goes back, might even slide a little into the opposite direction at which point you correct spinning the wheel the other way.

Anyone who has driven in icy conditions knows this too.

Locals tend to drive in relatively good conditions 85% of the time in Phuket so it is no wonder accidents like this occur when the conditions are poor. No adjustments, just drive as usual.