Ordering anything from Alibaba web site

cangolfbuilder

returns its not back shiping and customs fees cost.

PS

I buying many thinks from Taobao or directly from Chines.

Used Thai shiping company with alincluded ( shiping cost+ customs)( furniture its be near 40-60 B per kg or 6900-9000 per m3. i just ask never buy furniture .

But the purchase of furniture in an unfamiliar seller on alibaba its big risk.

And its be I guess expensive, you use "com" not "cn" I guess..

Better you have a Thai friend. ask them to find a company in Thailand that offers services: delivery, payment and cheking quality of goods when delivered on their warhaose in China from Chinese sites.

If not you can try google translater help you.

I ordered something "once" a few years ago, it was a con, never arrived company was totally fake, i complained to Alibimbo and they dismissed it saying I was rival competitor and just saying it to make the fake company look bad

I have read today online about other peoples experiences with Alibaba. They all say that it is hit and miss. If you can find a quality dealer with quality products then you are aces. If not you may as well spend the money on cheap Lao Khao and wake up with less of a head ache.

I have read today online about other peoples experiences with Alibaba. They all say that it is hit and miss. If you can find a quality dealer with quality products then you are aces. If not you may as well spend the money on cheap Lao Khao and wake up with less of a head ache.

same as with lazada.

That is why one should only buy from lazada if you can see it is "sold and fulfilled by lazada" and not "sold and fulfilled by your neighbors poodle".

and maybe Tesco, they sell a lot on lazada too

I've only bought a few cheap things on Alibaba phone cases etc @ $10. I would never buy anything expensive. Impossible to tell the quality of the thing you are buying and very difficult/expensive to send anything back if it's not right.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Aliexpress but never Alibaba, though they are the same company, aliexpress has some buyer protection and i've never had a problem with over probably 50 different orders of various things.

The biggest thing i've ordered from Aliexpress has been an acoustic guitar. I wouldn't suggest spending to much on there though, you never know the quality.

For sofa stuff, there are places where you can get custom built furniture in Thailand, that would be better option in my opinion.

same as with lazada.

That is why one should only buy from lazada if you can see it is "sold and fulfilled by lazada" and not "sold and fulfilled by your neighbors poodle".

On lazada triple price or even 4 time up when in Chines siterolleyes.gif .

about the choice I just keep quiet. even a quarter not have on Lazada..

whistling.gif

but ofcouse its for poor guys( as me) thinks how can keep spending in expensive Thailandrolleyes.gif

Treat it like a Chinese E bay, don't attract attention by ordering huge or expensive items, you will get clobbered at Thai customs.

Stick to small packages, 9 times out of 10 they will get through a lot easier than imports from Europe without attracting import duty.

Aliexpress has a good system if you do not receive your parcel, a bit like Paypal but not quite there, you will in most cases get a refund if things turn sour.

Another vote for AliExpress. The biggest downfall is that it takes a long time for shipping. But I have recieved stuff in less than 2 weeks. Usual time is about a month.If it's a more expensive purchase of something that is made in China, ask them for a Certificate of Origin. With the Aesan agreement, you will pay little or no duties.

Like everything do your research and chat with the company direct. I have successfully purchased small and large items. I imported a complete pool pump system and just told them I wanted a price that included customs and delivery to Tjailand. Goods landed in Bkk and I got a call from company there. Delivered to mt door.

First try with Lazada atm. Looks good so far with a call confirming order hours after ordering. Its COD so no risk

Alibaba.com is full with scammers. Never buy something direct from the sellers and never pay direct to they.
The best way is to fly there, buy it, check that everything right and give it to a shipping agent. Or use a trusted shipping agent from alibaba. For the payment only use Alipay.

China and Thailand have a FreeTrade Agreement, BUT you need the Form E from the seller, stamped and signed from chinese Government. Without it you pay the normal tax.

Not forget that also Vat come on top of all.

More infos for Form E: https://www.google.co.th/search?q=freetrade+china+thailand+form+e

same as with lazada.

As I understand they recently became one in the same, but I can't remember who bought who.

Like many others, my experience has been a bit hit and miss with Alibaba. Always received the goods, and usually okay, but I have had a couple of horror experiences with things you'd think couldn't go wrong (empty plastic bottles is one that comes to mind). Kitchen household products I've been okay with, though I would never buy anything electronic or cloned like a torch or phone type device.

ordered plenty of items at Alibaba, had never a problem, all arrived within ca 2 - 4 weeks, never had any issues with customs or any other 'fees'. However, never ordered anything bigger than a shoe carton. Would really not know why I would order a chair at Alibaba, when there are plenty of furniture shops at least in and around the bigger cities in Thailand. That can only ask for trouble.

ordered plenty of items at Alibaba, had never a problem, all arrived within ca 2 - 4 weeks, never had any issues with customs or any other 'fees'. However, never ordered anything bigger than a shoe carton. Would really not know why I would order a chair at Alibaba, when there are plenty of furniture shops at least in and around the bigger cities in Thailand. That can only ask for trouble.

Must correct myself, I ordered only at AliExpress, not Alibaba. No Problem with Aliexpress, what is the B2C child of B2B e-Commerce platform Alibaba

Ordered many products from Alibaba and Aliexpress more than 50 shipments....must be lucky, good service, ordered a remote control toilet, jacuzzi, steam shower, and FAR inferred sauna all came within a month of ordering, all we charged duty ,cost + 50% Duty

+ Shipping

Aliexpress mostly free shipping, rarely any duty, shipped EMS, if Fedex or DHL will have duty...

Quality is same s sold here in Thailand, majority of products sold here are from China, (70%+ in Yaowarat (China Town), Shoes, Electronics, cel accessories etc.

Have ordered Clothes, Hats, Cel products, Make Up, Speakers etc..all Chinese quality, My iPhone came from China....

Have nothing bad to say about the service or products from them.....is best to order from the 4-5 star sellers, can return, you pay shipping...never had to.....

A lot of the same stuff at Lazada, faster delivery a little more expensive

Edited by thaicatbuyer

I've used them but never again... BIG problems with customs wanting import tax at way higher rate than the value of the product.

Now, as with others, i stick with Lazada... zero problems.

Did the sender "de-value" the price of the goods ?

Have imported a heap of stuff over the years from many different sources and those times I was pinged for import duties and taxes it has always been based on the invoice amount.

Am curious as to why customs re-valued your purchase to a higher amount.

same as with lazada.

whistling.gif

but ofcouse its for poor guys( as me) thinks how can keep spending in expensive Thailandrolleyes.gif

I just used google translate , you managed to confuse that too :-)

same as with lazada.

No problems with Lazada and I have ordered expensive items from them many times for the last couple of years. I use COD when I can.

I only order small cheap items I am struggling to source locally.

Pretty good for this.

Cannot comment on larger items but no customs issues and most items have arrived, albeit taken some time.

Quality is another matter, a lot of junk being produced over there and you will inevitably get some of it. Beware reviews, the sellers often offer financial refunds for you to change a review to a positive one.... so reviews are slanted, but it is a way for you to have leverage. I have taken a hit on a few items that turned out to be poorly made. Overall it is a good shopping resource.

same as with lazada.

whistling.gif

English from English?

PS

Google translater can be easy confusedwink.png

On lazada triple price or even 4 time up when in Chines site:rolleyes: .

whistling.gif

but ofcouse its for poor guys( as me) thinks how can keep spending in expensive Thailand:rolleyes:

English from English?

PS

Google translater can be easy confused;)

The issue is google is not able translate ardokano to english.

Google translate is pretty good at english to english however it does get confused sometimes translating american english to real english. cheesy.gif:cheesy:

same as with lazada.

On lazada triple price or even 4 time up when in Chines site:rolleyes: .

whistling.gif

but ofcouse its for poor guys( as me) thinks how can keep spending in expensive Thailand:rolleyes:

English from English?

PS

Google translater can be easy confused;)

The issue is google is not able translate ardokano to english, google translate is pretty good at english to english however it does get confused sometimes translating american english to real english. cheesy.gif:cheesy:

Edited by Don Mega