Disney Buying Land At Jomtien

dgoz

Have not heard about that until now......

Jeez, can you imagine the traffic jams if a disneyworld type place opened :o .

Pattaya already has a terrible traffic problem that is getting worse, unless some serious planning is put into action, I can't see how all the extra traffic that would flow into the area could be coped with.

I was driving in Pattaya during a long weekend a few weeks back, the traffic was a nightmare.

There was a similar thread in I think the Huahin forum a month or so back along the same lines. Pattaya was mentioned in it as well.

From what I remember of that thread I think this is a rumour that gets passed around every now and then or its a Disney copy theme park.

I could be wrong.

Disney are not so stupid as to put a park up at a location with only two real access routes.

Appart from that, I'm quite certain the goings on in and around Pattaya would ring alarm bells in Disney's planning department.

If Disney do build again in Asia, look to China as the most likely place.

Edited by GuestHouse

Disney is talking to China for a long time already. There are parks in Hong Kong and Tokyo and Singapore (under construction or plans ??)

Why would Disney built in an 'Asia-province' like Thailand with some 60 million people (mostly poor) and surrounded by even more poor neighbours ?

The tourists coming to Thailand are not coming for Mickey and Minny :o hmmmmm...maybe a Thai Minny :D

If there is another park to come it will be mainland China, most likely Shanghai or Beijing.

LaoPo

Disney are not so stupid as to put a park up at a location with only two real access routes.

Appart from that, I'm quite certain the goings on in and around Pattaya would ring alarm bells in Disney's planning department.

:o

Uninformed critics from afar may well smell soiled gussets, as if flopped on their tabloid reading material to whet their cynical appetites. Serious investors, having done their research, may find otherwise.

Those that can, often 'do', as opposed to those that...? :D

Anyone heard of this rumour, or is it just that.

I heard simular gossip about a Formula 1 track being build in thailand. That started 9 years ago. I even saw the blue prints for it. Than again it was presented by the boiler room guys as I found out later. just as big a scam as disney coming to thailand! its a sales pitch now being used in the reality business to get bigger returns on your investments made in the pattaya condo business.

I heard simular gossip about a Formula 1 track being build in thailand. That started 9 years ago. I even saw the blue prints for it. Than again it was presented by the boiler room guys as I found out later. just as big a scam as disney coming to thailand! its a sales pitch now being used in the reality business to get bigger returns on your investments made in the pattaya condo business.

Are those boiler room guys still operating out of Thailand.

I need a job.

Perhaps you read something about the Bira Circuit?

Hardly Formula 1 as I understand it, but nonetheless somewhere on the right 'track'... :o

Perhaps you read something about the Bira Circuit?

Hardly Formula 1 as I understand it, but nonetheless somewhere on the right 'track'... :o

Hi,

I know Bira. They are now upgrading their circuit. However thats not it! It was surposed to be a F1 track. Bira is nowhere near that.

Bira is currently upgrading the track to get the porsche cup and others. However the Bira is currently not fitt enough to host it.

To answer the Boiler Room employment Question: Not sure if they still here. But I thought I saw some of the boys in the Road House on Sureewong/ Rama 4. Maybe you visit that bar to find out more.