Chiang Mai driver lands car in Phuket sea

snoop1130

Chiang Mai driver lands car in Phuket sea
Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-249866-0-33937700-1464701470_thumb.

PHUKET: -- A woman driving a car from Chiang Mai had a lucky escape from injury in Phuket when she missed a road ending at Bang Tao and ended up with her car stuck in the sand on the beach late last night (May 30).

Wirut Chuansaman, head lifeguard at Bang Tao Beach, found the car in the surf after he arrived to start his patrols at about 8:30am today.

“When I arrived to start work, I saw a white car stuck on the beach about 700 meters from the lifeguard station,” he told The Phuket News.

“The driver was already out of the car. I had a short talk with her. She was not hurt. I didn’t get her name, but the car had Chiang Mai license plates,” he said.

The woman explained that late last night she drove onto the new road near the canal used by longtail boats, but she didn’t see the end of the road and accidentally ended up driving onto the beach,” Mr Wirut explained.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chiang-mai-driver-lands-car-in-phuket-sea-57657.php#4KLcz4FYU75K8Whu.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-31

And if not for the surf she would have driven to Indonesia across that wide blue open plain shown on her map separating both countries.

And would have to drive all the way back because she didn't have her passport with her, 5555

the water looks kind of dirty,or it looks like that all the time?

...easily mistaken for a road...hope she kept between the flags.

She tried to brake but that Suzuki was ever so Swift!