People appear on house book that do not live there.

Thailand Civil Registration Act BE-2551.

Your link shows the English translation of the Civil Registration Act (No. 2) B.E. 2551 (2008), which amended 16 sections of the 51 sections of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534 (1091) and the table of fees. It is not the complete text of the Act, as amended.

Blue House books are only issued to Property owners...

Are you sure about that?

I wish I had a translation of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534 (1991), so that I could verify this.

Blue House books are only issued to Property owners...

Are you sure about that?

I wish I had a translation of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534 (1991), so that I could verify this.

Yes, blue books are only issued to the purchaser/owner, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the principal named in the book.

As you know a Thai can only be registered in one book, one address.

They can own multiple houses, but can only be named in one book.

The owner can add other people to their book, or alternatively nominate someone else to be named as the principal book holder.

As an example my g/f sister owns two properties. She holds a Blue book for the first property and is listed as the principal holder. Other family members are also included. My g/f holds the blue book to the second property and is listed as the principal holder.

Provided the owner agrees for another to be named as the principal holder, there isn't a problem.

This is why owning a blue book isn't proof of house ownership.

I assume this is why such terms as owner, house master etc are used in the Act.

My g/f would complete a TM30 as the house master, that is, she is named as the principal occupant registered in the blue book for that address.

Exactly!

wife votes in a place where she is not "registered" and is given a ballot for the place where she is registered. Sounds complicated but no problem for Thai people who understand their system.

Old feudal system to keep the privileged in power.

In Australia it is called absentee voting, i.e. voting when you are away from your district at election time. Hardly an old feudal system. And quite convenient for some.

I will be voting via a postal vote from Myanmar in the upcoming Oz election.

Exactly!

wife votes in a place where she is not "registered" and is given a ballot for the place where she is registered. Sounds complicated but no problem for Thai people who understand their system.

Old feudal system to keep the privileged in power.

In Australia it is called absentee voting, i.e. voting when you are away from your district at election time. Hardly an old feudal system. And quite convenient for some.

I will be voting via a postal vote from Myanmar in the upcoming Oz election.

It is an feudal old system as you can not choose to live where you live.

You must own a house or be written in someone else house book.

3/4 living on Samui can not vote here even if they wish to, last mayor election both candidates gave 1000 baht each for a vote.

Keeps the votes in the "right" district for the people in power.