Low season seems busier this year

Hal65

I plan on going to pattaya and bbk on july 7 to the 29 never been doing low season but got great price on plane tickets and condo in pattaya taly view 6 on 2nd rd Iam not a drinker will be doing alot of AA METTING when iam there like to shop the baht rate is pretty good right now I hope in get a little higher by time I get there this will be my 8th trip I will be doing soi 6 nana plaze car park all of those spots maybe find a few diamons in the rough the most beautiful thing is to be able go to to places like this sober clear minded dont get me wrong I party my ass off with out drinks or drugs don't need it to have a good time and it all so reduces your chances of geting your ass whip while drunk................lol I seen alot of that

Lots of AA, cheesy.gif and for the rest.

Please keep all that judgemental stuff to yourself. cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

Next coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

I enjoy walking around in Jomtien now, along beach road , not many tourists around , a few Russians perhaps and as always a few Chinese , they don't bother me, life is good. The two old ladyboys I see every night that tries to flirt with me are fine too , they know I'm not interested .

Edited by balo

The dark side is deader than Moby's dick. Immigration was empty yesterday at 9:00 a.m. Did a 90-day report in two minutes. Only customer at the desk was leaving as I arrived. Gave her my passport, she scanned ny last slip, checked that I had a new visa extension, wrote a new date on the old slip and said "see you August 28th." Some kind of lapsed time record I would imagine..

Central Pattaya, stretching from South to North, is attracting so many tourists year-round, especially from nearby countries with residents who now have the means to travel to another country for the first time, that it no longer really has a slow season. Just maybe a slightly less busy season. Here it is June and there are still 40 tour buses parked on the empty Chang Beer land a couple doors up from Hard Rock Hotel. I think every year is going to be a little busier.

It's really busy - some evenings traffic jams backing up to Thapraya /pratumnak junction all the way up second road. WS really busy with crowds of Chinese tour groups. Soi LKM really busy also. Also there are new kinds of tourists such as families and elderly couples. In my opinion there is no quiet season in Central Pattaya.

Edited by The manic

Central Pattaya, stretching from South to North, is attracting so many tourists year-round, especially from nearby countries with residents who now have the means to travel to another country for the first time, that it no longer really has a slow season. Just maybe a slightly less busy season. Here it is June and there are still 40 tour buses parked on the empty Chang Beer land a couple doors up from Hard Rock Hotel. I think every year is going to be a little busier.

You probably should have mentioned there is about 5 people on each bus.

It's really busy - some evenings traffic jams backing up to Thapraya /pratumnak junction all the way up second road. WS really busy with crowds of Chinese tour groups. Soi LKM really busy also. Also there are new kinds of tourists such as families and elderly couples. In my opinion there is no quiet season in Central Pattaya.

Everywhere really busy, are you actually in Pattaya??

I noticed a lot of I guess middle easterners and Indians out walking around down in south south Pattaya last night. I don't know if they go in bars etc. It may be a holiday.? There was only one Eastern European hooker walking the street. She would talk to one group, no deal, talk to the next, no deal. I don't know if that's an indication of supply and demand or just unable to reach an agreement on "group sex". Don't be fooled by the traffic. A lot of the buses going by are empty for some reason.

Ramadan starts in a couple of days.

Everywhere really busy, are you actually in Pattaya??

Yes I live here do you? I go out nearly every night and travelling around I amazed how busy it is. Especially on weekends but sometime during midweek. I have my whattsapp messages over the the last 6 months as a record. Some places I had hoped would be quiet are not. I do not included the darkside in my comments which remains lacklustre and dull. Not all of pattaya is as busy as the peak of high season but many parts remain much busier than I would like. I have no axe to grind - do not run a business - just comparing it to last year.

I noticed a lot of I guess middle easterners and Indians out walking around down in south south Pattaya last night. I don't know if they go in bars etc. It may be a holiday.? There was only one Eastern European hooker walking the street. She would talk to one group, no deal, talk to the next, no deal. I don't know if that's an indication of supply and demand or just unable to reach an agreement on "group sex". Don't be fooled by the traffic. A lot of the buses going by are empty for some reason.

Ramadan means nothing to the part time Muslims of pattaya. coffee1.gif

Birds , Beer and Bacon , business as usual. TIT.

Whats happening at Central today ?

I could not find parking for my car , it is double parking from 1st floor all the way up to 6th floor, it was just insane, after 30 minutes in a slow queue I had to give up , return and park outside near the police station. Never seen it this busy before , and it's low season LOL. 90% Thais inside.

I could not find parking for my car , it is double parking from 1st floor all the way up to 6th floor, it was just insane, after 30 minutes in a slow queue I had to give up , return and park outside near the police station. Never seen it this busy before , and it's low season LOL. 90% Thais inside.

I was there the same time as you arrived. A special sale period started on June 3, so that could be it. Most of the sale signage is in Thai, so they're not that interested in letting foreigners in on it LOL. This is the time of year for mid-year clearance sales.

Non business owner, the place was DEAD.

Wonderful Beer Bar on 2nd Rd DEAD.

The above is used as an example but represents many other bar beers.

When the Wonderful is dead at any time of the year than the outlook is bleak. I suspect its going to be a sight more bleaker by the end of this month when a certain group take over...!

I was there the same time as you arrived. A special sale period started on June 3, so that could be it. Most of the sale signage is in Thai, so they're not that interested in letting foreigners in on it LOL. This is the time of year for mid-year clearance sales.

That combined with the first full-months pay cheque for many locals after the wallet-depleting, back-to-back serial long weekends that prevailed for a month after Songkran ended.

The Central group have timed their 50% off, 2-for-1, this weekend only, buy 2 get 1 free, everything must go initiative very, very well. I hear a giant sucking sound around Beach and Soi 9!

Non business owner, the place was DEAD.

Wonderful Beer Bar on 2nd Rd DEAD.

The above is used as an example but represents many other bar beers.

When the Wonderful is dead at any time of the year than the outlook is bleak. I suspect its going to be a sight more bleaker by the end of this month when a certain group take over...!

Agreed! The Wonderful is a benchmark for all sub-classes of 'foreign investors' in Pattaya. From the '2-week millionaire' to the 'retired with pension' or the 'out with Thai wife and friends' sorts to the more sociably acceptable lesser spotted monger, the Wonderful is variously their meeting point, prime venue or 'one for the road' place. A veritable mecca for those who still have a funny bone and funds. If the Wonderful ever shutters, then the end is truly nigh.

"such as families and elderly couples."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

give me a single reason, why normal people would go to pattaya?

Central do huge sale, mostly because business is dead in pattaya.laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Ramadan cheaters on the run, here they come

Any bar that caters to only Westerners and that includes gogo bars/clubs are in danger of extinction. there are not enough customers from the West to make them all profitable. Pattaya is way overbuilt and the culling is going on. In 10 years- time- most gogos and beer bars will be gone as the main tourists will be Indian. Chinese, and Thai. Another thing that will hasten the issue is a change that is coming in city administration and the arrival of the military in force. Actually, I see many more Thais in Jomtien and further down than ever before. The only Westerners are those that are retired.

Any bar that caters to only Westerners and that includes gogo bars/clubs are in danger of extinction. there are not enough customers from the West to make them all profitable. Pattaya is way overbuilt and the culling is going on. In 10 years- time- most gogos and beer bars will be gone as the main tourists will be Indian. Chinese, and Thai. Another thing that will hasten the issue is a change that is coming in city administration and the arrival of the military in force. Actually, I see many more Thais in Jomtien and further down than ever before. The only Westerners are those that are retired.

I reckon the Indians will be ousted too. Thais are reclaiming the place, Chinese they'll put with, as long as they can herd them to King Power in their buses and not let them wander about.

Edited by DrTuner

I doubt Ramadan means NOTHING to any Muslim, certainly a month long holiday for many and a few days at the end, hence the impact on their numbers..

I doubt Ramadan means NOTHING to any Muslim, certainly a month long holiday for many and a few days at the end, hence the impact on their numbers..

Don't give a toss about any of them any place on the planet bah.gif

or any other religion for that matter.

is that more clear for you,

Edited by onemorechang